Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement (6675 Views)

2023: Ekeremor PDP Leaders Raise ₦10 Million For Dickson's Nomination Form / Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election / Soldiers Invade, Burn Bilabiri Ekeremor Bayelsa Over Killing Of 4 Naval Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by AnonPoet: 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
The Peoples Democratic Party Support Group in Ekeremor Local Government Area has cautioned a former Deputy Governor òf the State, Chief Perebowei Ebebi, against violating an existing power sharing arrangement in Bayelsa West Senatorial District.

The Coordinator of the Group, Mr Green Alfred, said in a statement on Wednesday that it was unconscionable for Ebebi who is from Ekeremor Local Government Area to participate in the Senatorial election when another Ekeremor man, Chief Fred Agbedi, represents the area in the House of Representatives.

He said that it was reprehensible and pathetic for the former Deputy Governor to attempt to play politics with the peace, harmony and bonds of unity binding the people of the two local government Areas together.

He warned that the peaceful coexistence between the people of the area cannot be sacrificed for the political ambition of a person.

Alfred said that it was condemnable for Ebebi to make himself available to be used to create disharmony between the people of the area by violating a political power sharing arrangement that has ensured peaceful coexistence among the people.

The group said that Ebebi’s action came as a rude shock to the people of Ekeremor as he himself had been one of the major beneficiaries of the prevailing arrangement as Speaker and Deputy Governor of the State.

The Group’s Spokeman said that it was curious that a supposed political leader would be driven solely by the crave to occupy office for pecuniary benefits.

Alfred called on all the good people of Ekeremor to prevent what he termed as a bad precedence which could cause political crisis, bitterness and acrimony in the area.

He stressed that the Group expressed concern over Ebebi’s violation of the existing agreement not because he has the capacity to win any election in the area but because of the need to preserve political sanity in the area.

He recalled that Ebebi did not make any developmental impact in Ekeremor when he held sway as Speaker and Deputy Governor of the State for a period of almost 10 years cumulatively.

He said that it took the PDP Government of former Gov Dickson to construct a road from Sagbama through Ebebi’s community, Aleibiri to Ekeremor for the first time.

He added that Ex-Gov Dickson built a polytechnic, a boarding school, a general hospital and many other facilities at Ekeremor which would feature prominently during the campaign.

He wondered what Ebebi would tell the Ekeremor people to convince them to
Vote him and his party with his brand of politics, unstable, inconsistent and unreliable antecedents.

He said that the PDP would await Ebebi and his party at the poll.

https://leaders.ng/ekeremor-pdp-support-group-cautions-against-ebebis-violation-of-existing-power-sharing-arrangement-in-bayelsa-west/

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by saintjimos(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
let the best emerge
Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Slawormir: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Fheelzz(m): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
E good nah
Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by MrFixIt007: 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Recently in this country, everyday na just jaga jaga news everywhere. Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by RichDad1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Meanwhile, PDP just left my house now on thier house to house campaigns. They urged me to vote for them,but when I asked them if APC has done well in the last four years in Edo ,they shouted no! then i asked who was the APC Governor, one of them said Godwin Obaseki ;
Ok I said to them, I’ll vote him out!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by shadeze: 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Which party is ebebi now, it has been long I heard of him

2 Likes

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
Fraud

1 Like

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
Make Una no make this election very easy for APC o

1 Like

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Moschino28(m): 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Im just lazy to read dis. d writeup is lengthy. Summary pls

1 Like

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Austino50: 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
Foolishness in the highest order, so nobody should challenge Dickson abi, so APC should not filled a candidate, so PDP now wants to dictate to APC on the candidate it should filled abi, you pple are afraid of contest abi,
it better sink into you people's head that election is all about contest and that is what is going to happen.. nonsense foolish people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Miracle1991: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
PDP and sharing is 5&6. They are not talking about good government,all they care about is sharing of loot and positions.
#pdparethieves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by AnonPoet: 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
ENTRANCE INTO BAYELSA WEST SENATORIAL RACE

AS APC GROUP MOVES AGAINST FORMER D. GOV
INSISTS ON EXISTING POWER SHARING ARRANGEMENT

Deep resentments and anger have trailed the decision of a former Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Peremobowei Ebebi, to join the contest for the vacant Bayelsa West Senatorial District seat.

Political stakeholders are uncomfortable with the decision of the former Deputy Governor because it violates an unwritten agreement on power rotation between the two local government areas making up the district.

The position of Senator and member of House òf Representatives in Bayelsa West Senatorial District are shared between the two councils.

Last month, the top political stakeholders held a critical meeting where it was decided that Ekeremor people should not contest the vacant position in adherence to the existing agreement on power rotation since they already have the incumbent House of Representatives member.

The Bayelsa West Senatorial seat became vacant following the resignation of Sen Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo from the upper chambers to contest as the running mate to Gov Douye Diri.

Political leaders of Sagbama and Ekeremor issued a joint statement where it was stated that Sagbama should complete the tenure of Ewhrudjakpo for an Ekeremor person to start a fresh tenure in the spirit of the age long agreement on power sharing or rotation in the area.

The former Deputy Governor who has indicated interest in the Senatorial contest is from the same Ekeremor Local Government as Hon Fred Agbedi who represents the area in the Lower chambers.

According to the existing agreement, the Senatorial slot and the House of Representatives seat are shared between the two local government areas.

The opposition to an Ekeremor candidate cuts across party lines as the key political operators from the two local government areas continue to insist on the existing power sharing arrangement.

Prominent APC politicians and coordinators in Ekeremor Constituency 1 in collaboration with APC GRASSROOT MOBILIZATION SAGBAMA/ EKEREMOR have severally condemned in strong terms the decision of Ebebi or any other person from Ekeremor to contest in the Senatorial election.

Any other young person in the race from Ekeremor maybe forgiven for their ignorance to the existing arrangement except Ebebi who himself has been a major proponent of the power sharing arrangement and has benefited as Speaker and Deputy Governor from the district even at times when Ekeremor also had a senator.

The Chairman, APC Mobilizations Group, Mr Ebide Brown, said that the stakeholders in the local government area would resist any unconscionable assault on the zoning arrangement.

He said it was unjust and unfair for an Ekeremor person to contest in the Senatorial election with Fred Agbedi occupying the House òf Representative seat in the National Assembly.

He said, “No Candidate can undermine the tenets of the zoning arrangement and expect us to work for him.

”We have resolved not to work for any candidate from Ekeremor because it is wrong. The candidate of APC in the Senatorial bye election should be from Sagbama since Hon. Fred Agbedi is in the House of Representatives now. We cannot deviate from the zoning arrangement between Sagbama and Ekeremor. The zoning arrangement must be honoured for the sake of posterity and I expect my party, the APC to do so. We cannot just go against the wishes of the people and count only on federal might to win election”
https://ourdailywire.com/resentment-trails-ebebis-entrance-into-bayelsa-west-senatorial-race/
Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Passionate888: 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
I think say Ebebi dey APC?
Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by optimus106(m): 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
Ebebi no dey look your face, He won't step down.
That your pdp agreement is trash Ebebi is now in APC.

1 Like

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by northvietnam(m): 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
shocked
Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by optimus106(m): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
Passionate888:
I think say Ebebi dey APC?

Na APC man

1 Like

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Passionate888: 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
optimus106:

Na APC man
You hear any agreement like that?

1 Like

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by mamotalk: 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
RichDad1:
Meanwhile, PDP just left my house now on thier house to house campaigns. They urged me to vote for them,but when I asked them if APC has done well in the last four years in Edo ,they shouted no! then i asked who was the APC Governor, one of them said Godwin Obaseki ;
Ok I said to them, I’ll vote him out!!!
so you prefer acid on your blokos?

1 Like

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by optimus106(m): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
Passionate888:

The agreement na true, but that man sabi coz confusion...keep following this news.

Just days to the Bayelsa State election he defected to APC knowing Dickson was gunning for the same seat. He defected so he can contest.

1 Like

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Pollosa1: 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by earnit3: 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
Oh
Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by optimus106(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
Passionate888:

I wish to inform you that Peremobowei won the APC Primary held today in respect of the Bayelsa West Senatorial by-election scheduled for 31st October, 2020
Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Maxymilliano(m): 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
They can as well meet and disgrace him at the poll to show their displeasure instead of trying to deny him of his fundamental rights to vote and be voted for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by mosdii(m): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
Dickson after finishing his 8 years as Governor, made Sagbama man the deputy governor. why didn't he zoned the deputy governor slot to Ekeremor since Sagbama has produced a governor for 8 years.

Dickson is a goner anyways

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement by Passionate888: 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2020
optimus106:

I wish to inform you that Peremobowei won the APC Primary held today in respect of the Bayelsa West Senatorial by-election scheduled for 31st October, 2020

The guy strong o, e good sha

(1) (Reply)

Parties That Violate Electoral Law Will Be Barred From 2023 Elections / Tinubu Vows To End Strike In Varsities / Senate Denies Padding 2024 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.