Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1372774 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by doxame: 9:35am On Sep 02, 2020
Try to use the CIC calculator in simulating ur score. Just Google CIC calculator and answer the questions.
ChildofFavor:

I am 34 years o! Should I be worried?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Inenghe: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2020
abiodunn:
For mine, the TRF didn't change, only the date changed.

thanks I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by doxame: 9:37am On Sep 02, 2020
You can try to learn French and write TEF, increase your work experience or apply for pnp
Damian457:

Boss I’m 29, have a Masters degree (Professional) with 2years experience. My stimulated score is 456.
Any Idea how I can boost my scores?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ovywils: 9:42am On Sep 02, 2020
Check their notifications page. You would have to wait a but.
https://www.wes.org/important-wes-notices/

Allegory:
Hello, UNN sent my husband's transcripts to WES from Nigeria via dhl. I've been tracking the transcripts and it got there on 31st Aug but WES profile still says 'on hold, awaiting documents.' Please how long does it take for them to update it or do I have to contact them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Igethope: 9:51am On Sep 02, 2020
Based on this monthly draw, we can now say we have 4/5 draws left for 2020.

All the best today guys !

474-475 ( with 3900 ITAs)

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mobabaola: 9:52am On Sep 02, 2020
Thanks a lot for this but my wife and I wrote in Feb and March this year and both TRF numbers start with 19 as opposed to 20.
I just checked them now and I am confused sef.

Is there anybody who this this sequence has worked for?

KikiJennifer7:

Hello
It’s easy to generate your trf number even before getting your result from BC.
It’s always in this sequence
The last two number of the year you wrote it, then followed by NG then your candidate number (pls
Note if your candidate number is less 4 numbers you add 2 zeros in front of it followed by the first 3 letters of your surname and the first Letter of your first name and then 150G.
E.g
Let’s say a Jacob Adams wrote his IELTS this year with candidate number 1223.
The trf number would be
20NG001223JACA150G. Now compare your previous result with what I’ve explained and you would underhand it properly.
Hope this helps
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 10:18am On Sep 02, 2020
Igethope:
Based on this monthly draw, we can now say we have 4/5 draws left for 2020.

All the best today guys !

474-475 ( with 3900 ITAs)

Nice prediction. Had anyone had issues opening their profiles lately or editing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Chidx(f): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2020
Canadalizzy:
Hello fellow Nairalanders, trust you are all keeping safe.. I claim my own testimony here in part 10...

I need your help ooo.. I have used the CRS Tool to evaluate my husband and I using these profiles Hubby and I -we both have Masters
Hubby Age -36years
Work experience- 6 years plus each
No relations/job offer
IELTS-exam is next month but estimated us getting band 7 each
The addition of all this criteria above is 449, far below 470.

What else can we do to boost our score? Should I evaluate our BSc degrees ? I also have ACCA certificate , should I evaluate that as well? Will our scores be boosted?

If we opt for PNP with this score, will our chances of getting ITA be higher?

Thanks guys for your anticipated response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by flexispy: 10:46am On Sep 02, 2020
Can you share the materials you used in preparation
ladykilllar:

Well i think they are about two or three and they have their advantages in my own opinion although i didn't go for any tutor.

Bnt have guys that can break things down to the granular basic and they have Loads of useful materials.

Compunet on the other hand I don't really know about their methods but i know they always organise a crash course few days to the exam which proves to be very useful wink

They are always in the group advertising. You can hit them up to contrast and compare
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 11:21am On Sep 02, 2020
Mobabaola:
Thanks a lot for this but my wife and I wrote in Feb and March this year and both TRF numbers start with 19 as opposed to 20.

This is why I'd advise that you wait till you get the TRF. Extra wait won't hurt you but putting a wrong TRF certainly would. Just chill, if you miss today's draw, you won't miss the one that will happen by month end.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 11:22am On Sep 02, 2020
gracechellar:

Nice prediction. Had anyone had issues opening their profiles lately or editing
There was an update yesterday. Just clear your cache and try again, you should be in easily.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by CyValerie: 11:26am On Sep 02, 2020
Good morning all,
Anyone with November 15th 2019 AOR and AVO?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by KikiJennifer7: 11:29am On Sep 02, 2020
Mobabaola:

I’m assuming you wrote it recently like within the past one month? I’m referring to the one you are waiting for the trf number. If it’s recently you took the exam then the number would be 20.
British council starts counting a new year after March. Anything after March is a new year
So yes, the previous one written between feb and March would carry 19 but after March it’s 20.
I told you 20 because you said you wrote it recently.
No need to be confused
However, you can choose to wait.
All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by urblackpearl: 11:53am On Sep 02, 2020
CyValerie:
Good morning all,
Anyone with November 15th 2019 AOR and AVO?

I can add you to AVO grp if u send your digits
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mobabaola: 11:58am On Sep 02, 2020
Yeah, you’re right. I guess waiting never killed anyone.
Thanks for the advice.
lasignor:
This is why I'd advise that you wait till you get the TRF. Extra wait won't hurt you but putting a wrong TRF certainly would. Just chill, if you miss today's draw, you won't miss the one that will happen by month end.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 11:59am On Sep 02, 2020
lasignor:
There was an update yesterday. Just clear your cache and try again, you should be in
easily.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mobabaola: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
Thanks again for your help. I think I’ll just close eye and wait for now just to avoid any wahala.

KikiJennifer7:

I’m assuming you wrote it recently like within the past one month? I’m referring to the one you are waiting for the trf number. If it’s recently you took the exam then the number would be 20.
British council starts counting a new year after March. Anything after March is a new year
So yes, the previous one written between feb and March would carry 19 but after March it’s 20.
No need to be confused
All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
Upeople:

You mean trf doesn’t change even if u write ielts 10x

I didn’t say that.

The OP said online result has been seen. The TRF on your online result is the same as what is printed on the paper copy. When you apply for a remark like i did with IDP, the marks may change but the TRF remains same as was my case which is why i stated based on my experience.

I believe it should be same with BC but someone else can confirm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
lasignor:
There was an update yesterday. Just clear your cache and try again, you should be in easily.

please how do i clear cache on my system
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
Update on my application!!!

I wrote IELTS in April 2019 (2nd attempt) and got LSWR 8.5,7.7,6.5,7.5. Writing got upgraded to 7.5 and crs came to 446. I came to realise the crs wouldn’t cut it So i targeted Alberta PnP with my NOC 1241.

In July 2019, i got EOI from them and submitted. I used my NySC experience, gathered all relevant documents (So i thought) and submitted. Rather than get an ADR to clarify my work experience, i got denied outrightly for not having up to 1yr work experience. This happened in October.

I recently clocked 3years work experience and i’ve updated my profile. CRS now at 471, hoping and praying the scores drop asap because i really don’t want to rewrite IELTS again.

Advice
People have used NySC in the past and gotten PR so if you do plan to use it, please ensure you include all Necessary evidence to back up employment And write an LOE. Attach bank statements showing salary pyments, attach allowie statements and nysc callup/posting letters (if you have to). Anything that would give your attending officer a clearer picture.

Fingers crossed hoping for the best today.

Love and light.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by youngwolf(m): 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
Dimple10:

I didn’t say that.

The OP said online result has been seen. The TRF on your online result is the same as what is printed on the paper copy. When you apply for a remark like i did with IDP, the marks may change but the TRF remains same as was my case which is why i stated based on my experience.

I believe it should be same with BC but someone else can confirm.

In my case here I have checked my result online with idp and my speaking changed now my crs score will be 474. Now I’m worried because I don’t know if the TRF number will change. I just called MODs office and the told me the print out is not ready. And I really wanted to take advantage of the draws today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debomoh: 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
KikiJennifer7:

No need to be confused
All the best
Ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2020
youngwolf:

In my case here I have checked my result online with idp and my speaking changed now my crs score will be 474. Now I’m worried because I don’t know if the TRF number will change. I just called MODs office and the told me the print out is not ready. And I really wanted to take advantage of the draws today.

If your online result has been updated with the new mark then go ahead and use the TRF stated online. It will be the same as on paper (that was my own case). However you need to know the date the new result was released because you’ll need to input it when completing your EE profile so unless you’re sure of the date, just hold on till you receive it. In my case, the date was the same day they emailed me to let me know my EOR came back positive. I wrote my exam with MOD/IDP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by youngwolf(m): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
Dimple10:

If your online result has been updated with the new mark then go ahead and use the TRF stated online. It will be the same as on paper (that was my own case). However you need to know the date the new result was released because you’ll need to input it when completing your EE profile so unless you’re sure of the date, just hold on till you receive it. In my case, the date was the same day they emailed me to let me know my EOR came back positive. I wrote my exam with MOD/IDP.

I guess I’ll have to hold on then. I don’t have the email yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
gracechellar:

please how do i clear cache on my system
CTRL+SHIFT+DEL

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 1:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
lasignor:
CTRL+SHIFT+DEL

I still can't edit my profile
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
gracechellar:

I still can't edit my profile
What's the error message?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2020
lasignor:
What's the error message?

No error message. I can't even click anything. It's been locked. Though they said their server was hacked, I thought it should have been fixed after about 3days
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ladykilllar: 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
Dandilion:

Please what time do you consider as off peak period? A friend called and waited for almost an hour!! undecided

Early in the morning or around 4pm

I still called today again and the call lasted for a total of 14 mins.

Don't allow the estimated wait time discourage you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Limitlessbond: 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2020
Dimple10:

I agree with you. It's advisable you wait. In my own case, it was the day I went to pickup the certificate that it was printed and it carried that date.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DebbieWilliams: 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
oko134:
Good Morning everybody.

Special thanks to everybody that has contributed towards the building of this thread. It is heavy and lengthy but worth reading all the time.

I am fortunate to be one of those who got ITA on August 05.

I have succeeded in filling out the forms for Permanent Residence. I already have a document checklist and I have tried to gather all the documents needed.

However, so many things are confusing based on the cic site configuration and it's clear that previous experience will help, hence, I decided to run to the lords here for counsel.

1. For PoF:

I have a Zenith Bank Reference Letter (they did not include the opening balance or the balance as at the day the letter was done), in addition, I got my statement of account (8 pages) for a six month period, I also got a letter of Non-Indebtedness.

I got some money from my mom. To this effect, I have a notarised Deed of Gift, A bank Transfer Teller from my mom and electronic evidence from the bank to the effect of the transfer.

On the cic website, you can upload only once for each document type (like PoF)

My question is, should I merge all the documents into a single pdf and upload it once or I should upload only the Bank Reference and add others under the optional documents section.

2. Work Reference Letters

I got all my Work Reference Letters in January before Covid-19 Lockdown (I had an ITA in January which I declined for some reasons).

The dates on the Work references are far, hope it doesn't matter.

I was paid cash for two out of the three employments. Must I provide pay stubs? I really don't have them.

Thanks to everyone that will take out time to reply me. My application is on hold until i get answers here.

Thank you all.

For your POF, merge all documents together into a single pdf file and upload once (less than 4MB)

For your reference letters, January is okay and don’t provide pay stubs unless you are asked to through ADR later. As long as your reference letters has all the requirements, don’t add paystubs. Let your application be simple. Too many info will create questions and lengthen the processing timeline. Goodluck

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.