Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,938 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1368462 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2020
Cheerfulmum:
Same here. Mine was updated to 477. What's your profile like, ie, ielts score, age and education? Seems the real profile is calculated higher than the crs calculator.

Why was your score updated please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olalekan9320(m): 7:41pm On Oct 28, 2020
Kswrthy:
@olalekan9320

Please how did you get transcript from NOUN?

Am trying to send you a PM not going through, please can I have your number?

Here is mine

Thanks in advance.

if it's postgraduate, it's very easy and fast
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kswrthy(f): 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2020
Please Do I have to do it online or I have to visit my study center?

olalekan9320:
if it's postgraduate, it's very easy and fast
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2020
For those who are finding in difficult to relocate to Canada through the Express Entry Route due to high CRS score and Age Restriction can follow these tread https://www.nairaland.com/6212824/new-canada-immigration-pathway-nigerians. to get information concerning new pathway favourable to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cheerfulmum: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2020
I updated my IELTS score.

vllar:

Why was your score updated please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2020
Don't you need to have a job or have the financial capability to apply for spousal sponsorship? I heard the process can be cumbersome. I tried to research but the finance part is not clear.
But with 472 it makes sense to get the ITA and do Spousal Sponsorship if all other options have been maxed.

Kekereekun123:
465 cannot get you ita in these times. Let you or your husband max ielts. Or you learn french. Spousal sponsorship is between 7months to a year. Be wise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
Cheerfulmum:
I updated my IELTS score.

Oh wow congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2020
AyeeshaB:
Don't you need to have a job or have the financial capability to apply for spousal sponsorship? I heard the process can be cumbersome. I tried to research but the finance part is not clear.
But with 472 it makes sense to get the ITA and do Spousal Sponsorship if all other options have been maxed.

read the ircc publication on spousal sponsorship.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2020
Phronesisdata:
For those who are finding in difficult to relocate to Canada through the Express Entry Route due to high CRS score and Age Restriction can follow these tread https://www.nairaland.com/6212824/new-canada-immigration-pathway-nigerians. to get information concerning new pathway favourable to Nigerians.
there is nothing favorable to Nigerians in this pathway. Better to learn french

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olalekan9320(m): 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
Kswrthy:
Please Do I have to do it online or I have to visit my study center?

on their website. The number you put up there isn't going through
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AugustBee: 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2020
Please i will love to join a WhatsApp group for March 2020 Aor
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bigsam001: 9:32pm On Oct 28, 2020
Jaay1:
Pls.. is there a WhatsApp group for July 2020 AOR If yes pls I want to be a part of that group.

Please add me too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kswrthy(f): 9:49pm On Oct 28, 2020
olalekan9320:
on their website. The number you put up there isn't going through
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cheerfulmum: 9:52pm On Oct 28, 2020
I will advise you to remark only speaking because you will stand a chance of getting a change due to its subjectiveness. Remarking listening will not change anything. You should only think of remarking speaking and writing.

elohim24:
Well.... I had my first IELTS on 15th August and result is as follow...
L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
Overall 7.5

I intend to remark listening, speaking and writing.
Special thanks to this thread and most especially wasseynet. I had 4-day writing preparation with him and it really helped me.

I need all the points o because age isn't coming down.

I'm considering doing another ECA for my spouse , Wes evaluated her LLB and BL as 2 certificates but I know IQAS will give her professional degree. What's their post covid timeline please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by elohim24: 10:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
Cheerfulmum:
I will advise you to remark only speaking because you will stand a chance of getting a change due to its subjectiveness. Remarking listening will not change anything. You should only think of remarking speaking and writing.

Thank you. I actually remarked 3 and writing and speaking got upgraded.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by dhsmalls: 10:43pm On Oct 28, 2020
Can i use an investment account .. i.e treasury bills, bonds, stock as proof of funds after ita
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by markmp01: 10:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
Endbadgovt:

Timeline
Few——- Outland
Manitoba PNP—— MPNP
NOC——- 0112
First IELTS—— April 2018
2nd IELTS—— June 2018
3rd IELTS —— August 2018
EOR —— June 2018
WES ECA —— Nov 2018
CRS —— 437
Manitoba NOI —— Jan 2019
Nomination —— Oct 2019 (chill pills finished)
CRS —— 1037
ITA —— 24 oct 2019
AOR —— 24 Jan 2020
MEP —— 27 dec 2019
BIL —— 27 dec 2019
PPR ——- 20 oct 2020
VO —— Ottawa
It ended in praise. So good people how do we proceed with this lockdown in place now?

Congratulations @Endbadgovt. Enjoy your new home. Cheers!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Midapat(f): 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
Kekereekun123:
there is nothing favorable to Nigerians in this pathway. Better to learn french
Can you recommend how I can learn French, I'm a novice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 12:19am On Oct 29, 2020
Midapat:

To be able to learn french to the level of meeting the CLB 7 band will require a lot of time and effort . With the new policy applicants will need to prepare for french exams just as they’d prepare for IELTS because the CRS cut offs in the next few months will be from 500 upwards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 29, 2020
abnot:

To be able to learn french to the level of meeting the CLB 7 band will require a lot of time and effort . With the new policy applicants will need to prepare for french exams just as they’d prepare for IELTS because the CRS cut offs in the next few months will be from 500 upwards.
bilingual people in the pool are not up 10% you can read the year end reports of 2018 amd 2019 to see. No way scores will start from 500.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 12:33am On Oct 29, 2020
Kekereekun123:
bilingual people in the pool are not up 10% you can read the year end reports of 2018 amd 2019 to see. No way scores will start from 500.
I look at it differently . With the new policy lots of people will begin to take the TEF/TCF exams over the next few months and when they get into the pool armed with both french and English they’ll have scored above 500. When immigration Canada decided to select top 3900 with a good number above 500 the minimum CRS will be about 500. This will not happen this year but it’s a possibility next year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zeus04: 12:46am On Oct 29, 2020
abnot:

I look at it differently . With the new policy lots of people will begin to take the TEF/TCF exams over the next few months and when they get into the pool armed with both french and English they’ll have scored above 500. When immigration Canada decided to select top 3900 with a good number above 500 the minimum CRS will be about 500. This will not happen this year but it’s a possibility next year

Hmm... This process just keeps getting difficult by the day. Who would believe that people got ITA with 413 CRS once upon a time in this race.

Las las, it will end in praise for us all

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 12:54am On Oct 29, 2020
Zeus04:

Hmm... This process just keeps getting difficult by the day. Who would believe that people got ITA with 413 CRS once upon a time in this race.

Las las, it will end in praise for us all

Yea . What’s you guess for the next draw ? I feel it will be 473
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by taiwogbayi: 4:07am On Oct 29, 2020
Hello I'm new here
So I want to claim my NYSC as 1 year experience but I worked with the Air Force and I'm not sure if that'll fly seeing that it is military work and might attract further questions. How do I go about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ifyonline(f): 4:24am On Oct 29, 2020
Congrats on ur PPr..

This is the first time ever I am seeing Noc 4163 been nominated by a province. All the best.

[quote author=DanMisla post=95397555]After what seemed like eternity, I’m happy to share my PPR gist...

Timeline:
IELTS (BC) Jul 2018: L/R/S – 8.5; W – 7
TEF Dec 2018: EE-C1/CLB 9 | CE-C1/CLB 8 | CO-B2/CLB 7 | EO–B2/CLB 7
ECA (WES): Dec 2018
EE Pool Entry: 06/Feb/2019| NOC 4163
Ontario NOI: 07/Feb; AOR: 20/Feb; Nominated: 08/Apr 2019
ITA: 17/Apr/2019
AOR: 18/Apr/2019
Biometrics: 03/Jun/2019
ADR (Nomination certificate + IMM 5669: 08/Jul
MEP: 12/Jul (Delayed due to additional tests to rule TB out)
Remeds (before ADR) – Aug 2020 (passed 28/Aug/2020)
PPR: 23/Oct/2020

Family of 3
VO: Accra!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sauuron: 4:49am On Oct 29, 2020
abnot:

if only it was that easy! It takes quite a long while to get that good at french. Most people I know get as little as 4 - 8 points after 6 months of study o. People who can get more points are native speakers, people who studied it for a year or more or people who are really good with languages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Olufemijr: 5:55am On Oct 29, 2020
Hey Bro, Are you saying IRCC ungraded your score or you upgraded your score via rewriting IELTS,just want to be clear ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by TishTon: 6:44am On Oct 29, 2020
shadama:
Okay, sorry I don't know much about that, maybe others can help. I think there's also another thread for PNPs you can do a search and see.

@shadama thank you. I'll do as advised
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 29, 2020
Felzy309:
How do I learn French I'm interested oo

Midapat:

ThowLou:
Good morning guyz. Please is there a French group I can join? Anyone fantastic tutor offering French tutorials you can recommend. Please, thank you

For complete beginners, you may start lessons at the closest Alliance Francaise to you. More info on the TEF thread here, pls read through:

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration#70227147

Even if it takes a year or more to conquer (CLB7), the extra points more than make up for any points you lose due to age.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Goodnewscad: 9:32am On Oct 29, 2020
Fabguen:

Hi Goodnewscad, group is full already. However, buy Ethiopian Airlines tickets and land as planned.

Okay, Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 10:45am On Oct 29, 2020
Mamaroon:

For complete beginners, you may start lessons at the closest Alliance Francaise to you. More info on the TEF thread here, pls read through:

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration#70227147

Even if it takes a year or more to conquer (CLB7), the extra points more than make up for any points you lose due to age.

I don’t know about french but to attain CLB 7 in IELTS requires some good level of proficiency. In U.K. I see a lot of students (16-25) from China and Middle East struggle to get CLB 6 IELTS after studying English at their home country for a year or 2. They still attend a language school in U.K. to up their scores to be eligible for the tier 4 study visa . It’s not an easy feat. People above 35 should consider their options as this french route requires a lot of effort, patience and dedication

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Toludebs: 11:30am On Oct 29, 2020
ThowLou:
Good morning guyz. Please is there a French group I can join? Anyone fantastic tutor offering French tutorials you can recommend. Please, thank you

Hi, please I am also interested in this

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.