Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1363974 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rightthumb: 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
Good day everyone.

Please I'd like to know the best Evaluating body to use for the evaluation of an Executive Masters in Information Technology from the university of Lagos.

Best: i.e the body that would evaluate it as a 2 years masters program.

Thank you�
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
Rightthumb:
Good day everyone.

Please I'd like to know the best Evaluating body to use for the evaluation of an Executive Masters in Information Technology from the university of Lagos.

Best: i.e the body that would evaluate it as a 2 years masters program.

Thank you�
Bros, Masters na Masters. Use WES.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cheerfulmum: 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2020
@mamoroon and every other contribution is highly appreciated. I've read from page 1 but want a little clarification.

In showing POF for a couple, my husband and I wants to move our individual money to our joint account. Will IRCC request our individual bank statements or just the joint account statement will be enough?

Pls is their a post ITA group available? I'll appreciate if I'm added.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by talknorris: 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2020
Tyola:

Use domiciliary account or Barter Flutterwave virtual dollar card.

Thanks for this useful info. Do you have any idea if there is any transaction limit When using the Barter card?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by vera1001: 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2020
Hi.

A friend's passport will be expiring in May next year and she is about to submit her documents for her PR.

Do you advise she suspends it and get a new passport or she hopes her PR will be ready before May next year?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Loverquin: 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
Hi Guys,

Please I would like to ask how fast can someone view his CRS score after creating his profile. I just assisted a friend to create his profile about 2 hrs ago but I still can't find where to view his CRS score. Pls kindly assist. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
Cheerfulmum:
@mamoroon and every other contribution is highly appreciated. I've read from page 1 but want a little clarification.

In showing POF for a couple, my husband and I wants to move our individual money to our joint account. Will IRCC request our individual bank statements or just the joint account statement will be enough?

Pls is their a post ITA group available? I'll appreciate if I'm added.

IRCC requests only a letter from the financial institution, not statements - pls see checklist (your post ITA bible). Many of us add statements to provide clarity or if the letter from the financial institution does not have some information requested by IRCC. As I understand it, you can use your account, spouse's account or a joint account..........your choice. You can add an LOE or any other docs that you think makes things clearer. See IRCC references:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

"If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Candboy: 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2020
Hello all, good day. Please I need help with this question as am new here. How do I count my working experience?
I worked in 2015 in a bank for my IT after ND, after that I went for HND in 2016 and I was supposed to finish by 2017 but had a carry over in my project. So I worked November 2017 to October 2018 in order not to stay ideal while waiting to retake the course I had C/O. I passed the course and was awarded my certificate in 2018. After which I went for NYSC and finished March this year. My question now is, can I count the year I worked while waiting to retake my carry over course? Please elders and all help out. @Kekeerun @Ednot and others please help. God bless you all!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
vera1001:
Hi.

A friend's passport will be expiring in May next year and she is about to submit her documents for her PR.

Do you advise she suspends it and get a new passport or she hopes her PR will be ready before May next year?

She can submit and update her EE application with a CSE of her new passport when she renews. I believe Nigerian Immigration will allow her to renew once it's 6 months to passport expiry OR she can wait until its 6 months to passport expiry, renew and then submit her EE app.

Either way she will need to renew, if she doesn't, she may get an ADR asking for it, going by my experience and others' that I have read.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by steroid: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by elohim24: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
vera1001:
Hi.

If she's close to Abuja, she can extend the validity of the passport right now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Chenkes: 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
Hi House

Has anyone here notarized a document recently in Lekki and its environs? If yes, please assist with details.

Someone is quoting 7k.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bekayy: 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
God forbid she suspends...suspend wetin.? Please she should submit asap. When her passport is 3 months to expiry she should renew and send the change to IRCC via a webform. Why suspend when all your documents are currently valid.

vera1001:
Hi.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Exmay02: 5:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
Chenkes:
Hi House

Has anyone here notarized a document recently in Lekki and its environs? If yes, please assist with details.

Someone is quoting 7k.

Thanks

I think it's best you visit any court around your vicinity and get it done, I doubt u will spend up to 2k, don't meet any middle man that will use your money as palliative.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Iphiegrace(f): 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2020
Please when an Express Entry profile expires, and a new one is created how long before it can reflect in the pool. Just created a new one today and it’s not reflected yet. Was almost automatic last year. Please anyone with similar experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2020
Candboy:
Hello all, good day. Please I need help with this question as am new here. How do I count my working experience?
I worked in 2015 in a bank for my IT after ND, after that I went for HND in 2016 and I was supposed to finish by 2017 but had a carry over in my project. So I worked November 2017 to October 2018 in order not to stay ideal while waiting to retake the course I had C/O. I passed the course and was awarded my certificate in 2018. After which I went for NYSC and finished March this year. My question now is, can I count the year I worked while waiting to retake my carry over course? Please elders and all help out. @Kekeerun @Ednot and others please help. God bless you all!
Yes. They require work experience for the last 10 years that was at least one year. As long as you can get references, you are good. Just use one as your primary NOC.
Let others contribute to it, just my little opinion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
Reasons why Canada needs more Immigrants
The habitable land in Canada is not limited. Canada is one of the largest agricultural producers and exporters in the world. It can produce far more food than it can consume.
Canada has vast amounts of farmland, but most of it is located in the west, far from the population centres of Ontario and Quebec. Most of it is in Alberta and Saskatchewan, which have 75% of the country’s farmland but only have about 5 million people. Ontario and Quebec have limited amounts of arable land, which gives its people the impression that Canada itself has limited amounts of arable land.
The imbalance between population and resources is gradually correcting itself due to a slow but steady westward drift of population within the country. The population is moving to where the resources are. By the end of this century, the two westernmost provinces of Alberta and British Columbia will probably each have more people than Quebec.
The high rate of immigration is intended to offset the low birth rate in Canada since it would be difficult for the country to support its increasing number of elderly people with a small population of younger people. Importation of new, younger workers helps to offset this demographic change.

For those who are still confused on where to Start from can see the blog post On Step by Step Immigration Process Through the Express Entry Program. it's detail and self explanatory

Hope this write up helps someone

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
Iphiegrace:
Please when an Express Entry profile expires, and a new one is created how long before it can reflect in the pool. Just created a new one today and it’s not reflected yet. Was almost automatic last year. Please anyone with similar experience?
It should be immediate . What is your CRS score at the moment ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am contemplating of choosing between NOC 1241 - Administrative assistant or NOC 1221 - Administrative officer. I would like to know if either of them stand a better chance in terms of PNP or does one’s NOC influence one’s EE at any point?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
listowell:

We all told you then to take your time. All the best!

Thank you!!!

Somehow you plan to a tee and Nigeria scatters your plans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
abnot:

Kindly share the Naij PCC steps (Lagos)

Take a photocopy of the data page of your passport, a passport photograph And go to Alagbon CID. At the gate say you’re off to see ASP moshood to get police report. His office is room 64, he’ll take your prints and get it done in under 20mins.

Their official Price is N7500, depending on Your bargaining power you can pay less.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Iphiegrace(f): 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
451 sadly French aspirant though ���
abnot:

It should be immediate . What is your CRS score at the moment ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
Iphiegrace:

451 sadly French aspirant though ���

I'll suggest you get a CLB 10 in IELTS (LRWS 8.5,8.5,7.5, 8.0) then prepare well for the french exam. You may need 6 or more months of consistent preparation. If it means hanging out with only french speakers the better as it will improve your listening and speaking skills. French proficiency means CLB 7 (not too sure). With that you'll get to 500 with the new CRS score guidelines. The system was alright up till now but with the new french requirement I feel like a bilingual professional in africa can also gun for expatriate jobs within the continent also.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Olanna95: 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
Just got my AOR now. House please is there a Whatsapp group I can join, and what next?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cheerfulmum: 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
Pls if you're added do let me know.

Olanna95:
Just got my AOR now. House please is there a Whatsapp group I can join, and what next?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cheerfulmum: 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2020
If means 7500 per person. If I'm doing with my spouse, we should be budgeting 15k? Is there someone else that takes cheaper than 7,500 pls?

Dimple10:

Take a photocopy of the data page of your passport, a passport photograph And go to Alagbon CID. At the gate say you’re off to see ASP moshood to get police report. His office is room 64, he’ll take your prints and get it done in under 20mins.

Their official Price is N7500, depending on Your bargaining power you can pay less.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Folhu57: 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
[quote author=Cheerfulmum post=95480132]If means 7500 per person. If I'm doing with my spouse, we should be budgeting 15k? Is there someone else that takes cheaper than 7,500 pls?

My sister did hers for 5,000 only

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 9:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
Dimple10:

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mysha03: 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
Did mine for 5000 at alagbon

Cheerfulmum:
If means 7500 per person. If I'm doing with my spouse, we should be budgeting 15k? Is there someone else that takes cheaper than 7,500 pls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Iphiegrace(f): 9:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
Thanks Dear, will focus on French as I only lost 3 points with IELTS by missing .5 in writing.
L: 8.5
R: 8
S: 7.5
W:7
abnot:

I'll suggest you get a CLB 10 in IELTS (LRWS 8.5,8.5,7.5, 8.0) then prepare well for the french exam. You may need 6 or more months of consistent preparation. If it means hanging out with only french speakers the better as it will improve your listening and speaking skills. French proficiency means CLB 7 (not too sure). With that you'll get to 500 with the new CRS score guidelines. The system was alright up till now but with the new french requirement I feel like a bilingual professional in africa can also gun for expatriate jobs within the continent also.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
Iphiegrace:
Thanks Dear, will focus on French as I only lost 3 points with IELTS by missing .5 in writing.
L: 8.5
R: 8
S: 7.5
W:7
Yes french looks like a tough but easier way to gain more points. Based on 2018 and 2019 reports the percentage of people in the pool with a french language test report was a paltry 4-5% but the next draw cut-off will show the short-term impact of this new policy. However in the next six months I expect to see writing IELTS and TEF as the new norm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Progress2468(m): 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
bekayy:
How can you be clueless??. Did IRCC not include documents that should be submitted by you within 60 days

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.