Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1363978 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2020
ahmedshehu:
Good morning house! Please I have a question, My employer has agreed to give me a reference letter but they said they can't include my duties on it. I want to get the duties from my supervisor either via company email or on a plain letter signed, please which of the two options is better?

IRCC asks for a letter as I understand it, I am not sure an email will be ok. Pls ask your supervisor for a letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rommyayo: 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
1cor2v9:

Send me a PM
@weeny
I just did @weeny
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
hevbi:
good evening house, please NOC GURUS in the house , Kindly confirm if iam on point below and advise

POSITION :Deputy Branch Service manager APRIL 2018 - DATE ( THE SAME BANK)
NOC 6314 OR NOC 0122
ii Communicating the goals of the unit to tellers, supervise and ensure alignment of the unit’s activities with the bank’s business objectives.
I Supervising tellers and Funds Transfer Officers and Customer Service Officers to ensure delivery of superior service.
II Accessing the vault, ensuring correct cash balance in the vault and effective administration of vault in terms of adequacy and security of cash.
III Supervising cash sorting and cash management services and ensuring that customers are attended to promptly.
IV Ensuring maximum uptime of the branch ATM by loading machine with fit notes and regularly monitoring the cash levels as well as general functionality of the machine
V Reconciliation of the bank automated teller machines(ATM) and proofing of the branch general ledgers
VI Oversee preparation of monthly financial and branch progress reports
• Ensure immediate resolution of ATM challenges during on and off work hours.
• Planning and execution of cash transfers between branches, cash center.

please gurus advise

���

To make it easier for those that would like to assist, please number the NOC duties 1 to 10 and then place the NOC number beside each of the JDs above. That way it will be crystal clear to you and anyone else what is there, what is missing and whether it's a good match or not.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sandy10:
Hi everyone,

I am contemplating of choosing between NOC 1241 - Administrative assistant or NOC 1221 - Administrative officer. I would like to know if either of them stand a better chance in terms of PNP or does one’s NOC influence one’s EE at any point?

The way I see it, your primary concern is to pick the NOC that most closely matches your JD.

As far as I know, you MUST have the same primary NOC for your Express Entry profile as well as on your PNP profiles, expressions of interest or application.

If your duties can fit either 1241 or 1221, then you need to research each of the provinces you are interested in to see if any of them have a preference for either NOC and act accordingly e.g. OINP favoured 1241 a while back, no idea if that is still the case.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
nekkyblues:
Hi guys, I work as a customer service team lead in an e-commerce firm.

I guess my NOC code would be 6314 (Customer and information services supervisors).

• Strategizing and monitoring daily activities of customer service operation.
• Evaluating and monitoring agents performance, providing learning and coaching opportunities.
• Prepare reports and analyse data to assist management as they determine call centre goals.
• Identifying operational issues and suggesting possible improvements.
• Handle major incidents that cannot be resolved by agents.
• Ensuring agents understand and comply with all call centre objectives, performance standards and policy.
• Investigate and solve product and service complaints.
• Performing additional duties where needed.

Kindly confirm if the duties/responsibilities above suits the NOC title.

Thanks

Label NOC duties 1 to 10, place those numbers against the relevant JD above. That's the best way for you and us to see what goes together and what does not.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
Defjamb:
For those of us in Lagos just be aware now that VFS now only accepts passport by courier service now. See the attachment below

Good news. Thanks for sharing...no more courier to Accra!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2020
Prehciousness:
Good evening everyone,
Please gurus in the house how do I tackle this issue--- I have 3 years job experience but with three organisations ( including NYSC), two are of the same NOC...how do I fill this in my work history...Please help a sister, confused with how to fill that part plus I have to write the organisation's name, don't know what to do.

Thanks in anticipation

Jan 2011 to Oct 2012 NOC 1241 ABC Ltd
Oct 2012 to Dec 2013 NOC 1241 XYZ Ltd
Dec 2013 to June 2014 NOC 1111 Hair Care Ltd

Like this. Fill the dates, the NOC and the organisation name for the 3 places where you worked.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by 1cor2v9: 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
rommyayo:

I just did @weeny

Didn't get it..
Let me try sending you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Omoniyimi12345: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
1cor2v9:

Send me a PM
@weeny

Please add me too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prehciousness: 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mamaroon:

Jan 2011 to Oct 2012 NOC 1241 ABC Ltd
Oct 2012 to Dec 2013 NOC 1241 XYZ Ltd
Dec 2013 to June 2014 NOC 1111 Hair Care Ltd

Like this. Fill the dates, the NOC and the organisation name for the 3 places where you worked.

Thank you for your response but how do I use the job experiences to claim work experience of 3ye
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DataGuru1: 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hello Gurus, I’m new here please. I have been following all the updates and I’ve learnt a lot but I am at dilemma right now. I received ITA 2 weeks ago and I am planning to submit next week.

However, I’ve been advised to be careful for the below reason. I have 2 NOCs but my primary NOC only has 14months experience. My total years of work experience is 5 years. I’m told I should have used the other NOC as my primary NOC as primary NOCs should be 3years or more experience.

Do I decline and re-enter the pool? CRS is 478.

Anyone with PPR that had one year experience in their primary NOC?

Please help!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Lol.. They came for #ENDSARS exam rally ni uncle. You should have pretended you didn't see that figure like most of us did.. grin

Dante02:
You counted 12k people in a location uncle. Pls take it easy on us. You can motivate people, that’s fine but there’s no need for exaggeration.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nekkyblues(f): 5:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
gracechellar:
hope you didn't copy this word for word. Looks ok

How do you mean copy word for word? These are what I do as a team lead. It’s my job description.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
nekkyblues:

How do you mean copy word for word? These are what I do as a team lead. It’s my job description.
ok. it's fine then
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
nekkyblues:

I meant word for word fro! Find your noc...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nellyball(m): 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
Good afternoon generals. This is the first time I am posting on this thread. I have been following all along with so much Info to bank on. But I need some seniors to direct me in the right course.

I am 29 years with ND,HND,PGD,MSC with over 6years working experience an an IT officer. My wife is 25yrs with MSc as well. We have initiated the WES evaluation process and we are also preparing to write IELTS. I read from this thread that WES do give good score to ND,HND holder, so I filled all my educational certificates for evaluation..But based on the timing and new info I have gathered so far, won't it delay the whole process considering the state of our Nigeria institution? Will I get same score if only my MSc has been presented? And how do I modify my account since my Ref NO has been issued?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2020
DataGuru1:
Hello Gurus, I’m new here please. I have been following all the updates and I’ve learnt a lot but I am at dilemma right now. I received ITA 2 weeks ago and I am planning to submit next week.

However, I’ve been advised to be careful for the below reason. I have 2 NOCs but my primary NOC only has 14months experience. My total years of work experience is 5 years. I’m told I should have used the other NOC as my primary NOC as primary NOCs should be 3years or more experience.

Please help!
don't decline.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by r4blessing: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
Evaluate just your master degree and your wife's. Master's point is higher than the HND and ND [on. But I need some seniors to direct me in the right course.

I my Ref NO has been issued?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2020
nellyball:
Good afternoon generals. This is the first time I am posting on this thread. I have been following all along with so much Info to bank on. But I need some seniors to direct me in the right course.

I am 29 years with ND,HND,PGD,MSC with over 6years working experience an an IT officer. My wife is 25yrs with MSc as well. We have initiated the WES evaluation process and we are also preparing to write IELTS. I read from this thread that WES do give good score to ND,HND holder, so I filled all my educational certificates for evaluation..But based on the timing and new info I have gathered so far, won't it delay the whole process considering the state of our Nigeria institution? Will I get same score if only my MSc has been presented? And how do I modify my account since my Ref NO has been issued?
evaluate only your masters. Send wes a message to remove the nd and hnd. Ond and hnd are evaluated as 2 or more degrees no issues with it. But you have masters so dont need them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MayorOfEdmonton: 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hi,
You can combine NOCs as long as they all fall btw NOC A,B and 0 categories, the primary NOC has to be a job u worked at continuously for a year or more (which u met) the second NOC can complete the remnant 2 years.
So basically you are good to go... no need to decline ITA.
Just gather ur docs & apply.
Cheers

DataGuru1:

Please help!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Omoniyimi12345: 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hello guys, I am new here and been following keenly. God bless you all.
Please is there anybody here that has written IELTS in Ibadan recently? Please I need some information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bekayy: 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Hopefully you shall hear the goodnews of your ECA soon. I hope their timeline is faster now. My sis document got to CA Sept 30. They just acknowledged it Oct 29 with in line for processing. We hope to get it done by Dec. I saw someone here who's ECA got finished in a month after IQAS received it. Hopefully that will be our case. Good luck to us. grin

Debbieeeeeee:

I apologize for not responding, I didn’t see any mention notification.
My profile changed to in line for processing on the 16th October and no update till yesterday when it changed to final review.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bekayy: 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
Excellent and all the best to you both. Shalom.

elohim24:

We both have ECA ready... I have master's while she's a lawyer and we evaluated with Wes which gave her 2 certificates as against professional degree she would have gotten with IQAS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Influential101: 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2020
DataGuru1:

Please help!
You want to decline seriously ? Have you checked IRCC website to authenticate what you were told? Well, atleast you came here to ask...

Please check IRCC website, you meet the requirements for primary NOC.. any occupation can be your primary NOC as long as it's not less than 1yr and meets other requirements like atleast 30hrs per week, paid, NOC A, B or 0..etc

All the best and please take responsibility for your application, verify whatever anyone tells you or atleast ask for source...

Can't imagine someone declining ITA in this uncertain time...

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by hevbi: 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mamaroon:

To make it easier for those that would like to assist, please number the NOC duties 1 to 10 and then place the NOC number beside each of the JDs above. That way it will be crystal clear to you and anyone else what is there, what is missing and whether it's a good match or not.
@ mamaroon,as advised, kindly find below ,the adjusted details

Position: Cash & Teller Services Supervisor (APRIL 2014- APRIL 2018) IN A BANK
NOC 1212
1Cash management and vault custodian. NOC 1212
2 Review and authorise financial entries (Deposit/fund transfer and withdrawal). NOC 1212
3 Co-ordinate the schedule of tellers and responsible for the overall performance on the job, NOC 1212
4 Arrange for tellers to attend job related trainings on sales and product knowledge, conduct sessions (EMS) as organized by the bank NOC 1212
5 Review and check for correctness of work done, supervise activities and ensuring that they are done in line with policy NOC 1212
6 Escalate customer issue and complaint, log on CRM to track case until the issue is resolved NOC 1212
7 Engage customer to resolve their problem and to cross sell products NOC 1212

POSITION :Deputy Branch Service manager APRIL 2018 - DATE ( IN THE SAME BANK)
NOC 6314 OR NOC 0122
1 Communicating the goals of the unit to tellers, supervise and ensure alignment of the unit’s activities with the bank’s business objectives. NOC 6314 OR NOC 0122
2 Supervising tellers and Funds Transfer Officers and Customer Service Officers to ensure delivery of superior service. NOC 6314 OR NOC 0122
3 Accessing the vault, ensuring correct cash balance in the vault and effective administration of vault in terms of adequacy and security of cash. NOC 6314 OR NOC 0122
4 Supervising cash sorting and cash management services and ensuring that customers are attended to promptly. NOC 6314 OR NOC 0122
5 Ensuring maximum uptime of the branch ATM by loading machine with fit notes and regularly monitoring the cash levels as well as genera functionality of the machine. NOC 6314 OR NOC 0122
6 Reconciliation of the bank automated teller machines(ATM) and proofing of the branch general ledgers. NOC 6314 OR NOC 0122
7 Oversee preparation of monthly financial and branch progress reports. NOC 6314 OR NOC 0122
8 Ensure immediate resolution of ATM challenges during on and off work hours. NOC 6314 OR NOC 0122
please advice NOC GURUS[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ifewunmy(f): 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
Can someone please answer this question
ifewunmy:
Hello all,

I am a new person here. I will like to know if the BCS certification needed to boost my points for 2 or more certificate has to be the certificate(foundation) or diploma.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
nellyball:

masters would give you the highest point so you both should evaluate your masters and work on having IELTS. If your birthday is coming soon, then your wife should be the PA. OTherwise, the person with the better result can be the PA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
bekayy:
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Hopefully you shall hear the goodnews of your ECA soon. I hope their timeline is faster now. My sis document got to CA Sept 30. They just acknowledged it Oct 29 with in line for processing. We hope to get it done by Dec. I saw someone here who's ECA got finished in a month after IQAS received it. Hopefully that will be our case. Good luck to us. grin

They’re obviously overwhelmed now ,they have a payment window of 15 minutes daily. I’ll generally advise anyone sending now to do so via email, those who send via email get faster responses compared with those who sent via courier like me. After acknowledging, everything moves fast.
I’ll update once I get my ECA because it’s been a rollercoaster

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by charzyh: 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
I'm applying for FSW. I have a sister in Canada. What do we need to submit to prove we're siblings?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2020
Prehciousness:

Thank you for your response but how do I use the job experiences to claim work experience of 3ye

Check this link to be sure your work experience is eligible.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

If it is, then complete your profile.......when you get ITA, you provide a reference letter from each of the employers making up the number of years you are trying to claim work experience for. The link below has the info that must be contained in the reference letter.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Carefully read page 1 for more clarity please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
DataGuru1:

Please help!
Decline what?? Now that people are looking for ways to boost their scores and are uncertain about the next CRS cut off. You meet ALL the requirements. Your primary NOC must be AT LEAST one year, which you meet. All others can add up to make the total of all 3 years.
ALWAYS VERIFY information you hear from people, that's why Google is there and the IRCC website too.
Nairaland is also here,. Please go ahead with your application and God be with you!
Congrats

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.