Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1359917 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 10:27am On Nov 15, 2020
sincerelymine:

I'm on 487

Did you write French ? Or Have a sibling? Just curious how your score is 487 and you are getting an ITA definitely during the next draw.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:43am On Nov 15, 2020
MissMa01:

Did you write French ? Or Have a sibling? Just curious how your score is 487 and you are getting an ITA definitely during the next draw.
If you’re below 30 , max out IELTS , Have a masters degree and 3 years of work experience your crs score will be really high.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sincerelymine: 10:45am On Nov 15, 2020
MissMa01:

Got a sibling
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sincerelymine: 10:46am On Nov 15, 2020
Debbieeeeeee:

If you’re below 30 , max out IELTS , Have a masters degree and 3 years of work experience your crs score will be really high.

All checked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ETXTranscripts: 10:55am On Nov 15, 2020
Hello, yes the transcript can be sent via ETX.NG.
Lotusgoddess:
Good evening everyone. Please is their anyone that has a contact in IMT enugu for transcript?

My husband wants to verify his OND and HND and we don't stay in Enugu.

And can the transcripts and certificate be sent via ETX. NG?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2020
Debbieeeeeee:

Highest is 481...if there was something he/she did to get to 487 I won’t mind knowing to increase mine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2020
sincerelymine:

Got a sibling

Thank you for your response. I guess I’ll be the first in line for my siblings when they embark on this journey.
Congratulations again

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kolizomanizo: 10:58am On Nov 15, 2020
Does it mean we can upload notification of result instead?
Rhuth:

Wow. I'm so sorry about all these.
Fingers crossed. If you stay in Lagos, try and visit the school
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sincerelymine: 10:58am On Nov 15, 2020
MissMa01:

Thank you for your response. I guess I’ll be the first in line for my siblings when they embark on this journey.
Congratulations again

Thanks a bunch. Definitely
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Wishlist: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2020
Good plan. I've almost same profile as yours, and I've started learning french too with the hopes of taking the TEF next year.

Jacknn:
Please I have few questions to ask as I'm just begging the process

1) I have a BSC and OND(3yrs) which I believe can stand for me as 2 or more degrees..I'm I suppose to do Wes evaluation for both degrees or only for my BSC.. I intend using both so as to claim points for 2 or more degrees:;

2) I intend learning French to boast my score going into next yr when I intend to enter the pool; if I'm serious with the French and I use approximately 5 to 6months to prepare for it and ielts can I ace it in that period of time,any body with experience dealing with the French language,how its been done,when will u get ur result, what's the minimum score to get.how many months can one really get prepared to ace the exam and all,just anitin info would do

3) I have 3 years experience including NYSC, but just 1 continuous yrs of experience but I want to claim points for 3yrs,hope it can work..and for the case of proof of payment via the place u work..is the proof of payment via bank statement just for like 6months back or a year etc,how many months or years do de ask of from ur bank statement when applying thankss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Farajobi(f): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2020
Emerald86:
Good evening all, please I have been trying to log into my cic account but can't, I even tried creating another one but it still returns me back to home page after creating the account, and not a page to fill the form. However my SINP is still accessible but ircc isn't. Please what do I do?
It happen like that sometimes. If you are on WIFI, switch to another one. If you are on your mobile data, switch to a WIFI
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Francieuche: 11:30am On Nov 15, 2020
MissMa01:

Highest is 481...if there was something he/she did to get to 487 I won’t mind knowing to increase mine.
I have 490 it can be higher than 481
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2020
Francieuche:

I have 490 it can be higher than 481

You missed the point...less than 30, Masters, Single, 3years work experience gives you 481 and that’s what I was responding to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2020
Highest should be around 484, I will be 484 once my spouse ECA is done, except maybe adding him gave me an extra 3 points.

MissMa01:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2020
AyeeshaB:
Highest should be 484, I will be 484 once my spouse ECA is done, except maybe adding him gave me an extra 3 points.

Keyword : single

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2020
Nedu2144:
Good morning All.

Please someone should help me and analyze this situation. I have 3 years experience with my company (excluding NYSC)

Started Nov 6 2017 till date. (3 years)

The thing is, I work for company A(conducted interview and all) but company B pays me(contract staff). Even at that, the company B re-news our contract every year(but the contract letter clearly show period of 11 months---Reason being that Coy A doesn't want to pay some benefits).

Another thing, is that we are being moved to different Contractors, like I have been moved so far to two different ones with period of 11 months showing in each contract letter!

Below are the detailssadScreenshot attached)

Company B1: Nov 6th 2017 to Oct 5th 2018
Company B2: 21 Dec 2018 to 20 Nov 2019
Company B2(same as above): 23rd Dec 2019 to 22nd Nov 2020.

Hence, the gap!

Furthermore, there is a waiting period(probably a month or two) before a new contract will be drafted, and it is not always counted or backdated and as such, it may hamper claiming points within those gaps(We always work till it is renewed o)

Please seniors, how do you advise I should go about this.
PS: I was told by Company A that I have to get ref letter from the contractors embarassed

It would make sense for Company A to insist that the contractors i.e. Company B1 and B2 write the ref letter if, for example, they are an employment agency, like Adecco, which finds work for people and then sub contract the people to work for different firms. Is this the case?

If you were working the minimum number of hours when the contracts were being renegotiated and if you were still being paid, this work experience is valid and you may need to ask/beg/grovel for these periods to also be covered in your ref letter: Oct 2018 to Dec 2018 & Nov 2019 to Dec 2019.

If they absolutely refuse, you may need to just work a fee more months under contract to make up the gap.

I'm taking it for granted that said letter already includes job duties that are consistent with chosen NOC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Francieuche: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
MissMa01:

You missed the point...less than 30, Masters, Single, 3years work experience gives you 481 and that’s what I was responding to.
Yes I get you now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Wishlist: 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2020
Congratulations on your victory.

It shall end in praise.

sincerelymine:
Hello house.

I just passed my ielts after 5th trial. Definitely, I expect to get an ITA by the time the next draw will take place.

I would like to know if its possible to have my medicals done ahead, as I am trying to put together all the necessary documents and requirements before getting the ITA.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sincerelymine: 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2020
Wishlist:
Congratulations on your victory.

It shall end in praise.

Amen. Thanks a bunch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nedu2144(m): 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2020
Mmamaroon:

It would make sense for Company A to insist that the contractors i.e. Company B1 and B2 write the ref letter if, for example, they are an employment agency, like Adecco, which finds work for people and then sub contract the people to work for different firms. Is this the case?

If you were working the minimum number of hours when the contracts were being renegotiated and if you were still being paid, this work experience is valid and you may need to ask/beg/grovel for these periods to also be covered in your ref letter: Oct 2018 to Dec 2018 & Nov 2019 to Dec 2019.

If they absolutely refuse, you may need to just work a fee more months under contract to make up the gap.

I'm taking it for granted that said letter already includes job duties that are consistent with chosen NOC.

Thank you Mmamaroon for your reply.

Thing is, they are not like the employment agencies. Company A conducts all the interviews and process, just the salary comes from B. I don't even know anyone there. We receive our pay slip from them via email.

I have a friend in HR which might help me to talk to them about it as they deal directly with the contractors. Another thing is that I think the company B1 does not exist again( I feel it is a company that Company A created for payment of salary to avoid union stuffs, it was dissolved after some issues with staff) But B2 still exist and not linked to the Coy A

For the Noc, it has been the same all the while. I would still send something regarding that to you. Though I Pm(ed) you earlier today so we can discuss it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Inigeorge: 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am new on here and I need some advise with BCS how can it boost my score considering that fact that I already have a BSC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
hayqinsbFX post=96040612[b:
]I might be wrong but I think this has to do with the LOE and the statement you have in the employment reference letter submitted. [/b]Student internship counts towards employment as long as it is continuous, paid and the duties match those in the NOC lead statement.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=6
The note wasn't for me oo cheesy cheesy cheesy It's a note that was flying around sometime last week
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
Prehciousness:

Thank you for the response but I was paid 6000 Naira
I think you should thread carefully. Search for people that have used NYSC on this thread in the past and use their experience to shape yours. If you do it carefully, I think you will be fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lasignor(m): 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2020
sincerelymine:
Hello house.

I just passed my ielts after 5th trial. Definitely, I expect to get an ITA by the time the next draw will take place.

I would like to know if its possible to have my medicals done ahead, as I am trying to put together all the necessary documents and requirements before getting the ITA.

Thanks
Please go ahead. You probably won't get an appointment until after your ITA so it's best to book it now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2020
Nedu2144:

Thank you Mmamaroon for your reply.

Thing is, they are not like the employment agencies. Company A conducts all the interviews and process, just the salary comes from B. I don't even know anyone there. We receive our pay slip from them via email.

I have a friend in HR which might help me to talk to them about it as they deal directly with the contractors. Another thing is that I think the company B1 does not exist again( I feel it is a company that Company A created for payment of salary to avoid union stuffs, it was dissolved after some issues with staff) But B2 still exist and not linked to the Coy A

For the Noc, it has been the same all the while. I would still send something regarding that to you. Though I Pm(ed) you earlier today so we can discuss it.

Interesting arrangement. If A performed interviews, they will likely be conversant with your duties, hours and pay especially if you have
no direct contact with B1 and B2. Other option is for your direct supervisor to do the ref letter. Hopefully his/her ID/call card has the same entity and the one you are listing as your employer on your MyCIC profile. Good luck with it.

Advice re NOC is....label your JD with numbered NOC duties and share here please.... there is safety when there are many advisers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2020
Newmum0615:
Hi all, I am seeing so many posts about using NYSC experience? Is it now an established issue? I need to advise someone appropriately biko.

Newmum, recent brouhaha from GCMS notes where VO said NYSC was an internship programme. The issue (just my view) looks more like an NOC mismatch and missing ref letter problem. Applicant provided LOE instead. Applicants choosing managerial NOCs (starting with 0) for NYSC also seem unpopular with VOs - they may be thinking how can a recent graduate plan, direct and coordinate the affairs of a firm/department?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by wizzzz: 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2020
Mmamaroon:

What some people did........

Thank you, i sent the photocopy of the passports, they have just american passports
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lotusgoddess(f): 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2020
Thank you so much. I was already giving up on getting a reply. Thank you.
Do you have a contact there please?

ETXTranscripts:
Hello, yes the transcript can be sent via ETX.NG.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Donpaper: 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2020
Hello guys, please must you show a statement of account to prove your salary inflow or it's not necessary.

Secondly, what if you were paid in cash? Does one need to prove anything? Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by maxyboss212(m): 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
Good day guys, please I am asking for my sister. She is a single mother with a kid though she was initially married but she intend to serve as a spouse to a guy that wants to marry her.. Her concern now is how they can incorporate her son in the application. Since the son is not the new would be husbands biological son does it pose a problem to their application? Kindly share your thoughts on this guys

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sincerelymine: 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2020
lasignor:
Please go ahead. You probably won't get an appointment until after your ITA so it's best to book it now.

Done already.

Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2020
Wishlist:
Good plan. I've almost same profile as yours, and I've started learning french too with the hopes of taking the TEF next year.

Wow nice,pls I just sent u a message via mail(nairaland) respond biko let's talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.