Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1364078 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by damsel143: 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Seniors, please help me clear my doubt.

I dropped out of school for one year to work and returned in 2018 to complete my Bachelor's degree.

I got a Job in December 2018 after my graduation and I have been in the same organization to date.

Can I use the year I dropped out of school as one year of experience? I have my employment letter and reference letter for this.

I also have a letter approved by the Senate in my school that I dropped out for one year due to financial constraints and returned in 2018 to complete my study.

Will this count as one year experience even though I did the job before completing my Bachelor's degree.

I later obtained a PGD in 2020. So right now I am claiming 2 or more certificates.

I just need to be clear on my years of experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2020
olasubomy:
Dear All,

Please i have a question, would it matter if First degree was 2 years (300 level and 400 level). I have the folllowing

- First Degree in Accounting from Babcock Univeristy but 2 years

- ICAN Certificate

- ATS Certificate

What do you think about evaluation of these documents please and how do i go about the WES evaluation, i am clueless about it.

How did u achieve the bolded. The requirement for claiming "2 more or cert" is that one of the cert must be at least 3 years-
Anyway WES has the final say here- ur ECA report will tell u if u can claim 2 or more cert. WES might still evaluate ur BSC accounting as 3 years - just start the process here-www.wes.org and hope for the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
olasubomy:
Dear All,

Please i have a question, would it matter if First degree was 2 years (300 level and 400 level). I have the folllowing

- First Degree in Accounting from Babcock Univeristy but 2 years

- ICAN Certificate

- ATS Certificate

What do you think about evaluation of these documents please and how do i go about the WES evaluation, i am clueless about it.

How did u achieve the bolded. The requirement for claiming "2 more or cert" is that one of the cert must be at least 3 years-
Anyway WES has the final say here- ur ECA report will tell u if u can claim 2 or more cert. WES might still evaluate ur BSC accounting as 3 years - just start the process here-www.wes.org ( wes canada) and hope for the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MamaJoJo: 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2020
Denerystormborn:
My people..good evening.i have come again. Please i need advice. I just got ontario nomination,however,I just got married about two weeks ago. I hadn't updated my profile.with my new status and i got.the nomination with my status still as single. My hubby hasn't written ielts yet and if i add him,my score drops as a result
Now i am confused,should I reject this nomination? What is the best thing I should.do. my crs without him is 460,if I add him without his ielts,it's 442. He has registered to write in January however.but I am scared of throwing this away......I have been on this for two years. Please help me with advice

Lady if you have Nomination you get an extra 600 point or do you mean you just submitted the application.
If you are nominated by the province you should have an additional 600 points so whther your hubby wites iketa or not doesn't matter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tysaxmalomo: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
Graceuntold:
Warm greetings house.

Please can anyone help with adding me to the AVO whatsapp group?

This journey is better experienced in a group setting �.

i would also like to be added if there is a group.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Flakeyy: 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
wondychiqe:
Congratulations to msidiodi, successhungry, flakeyy , aj101, ZaraD, & Zorodninija, Dante 02....Go and prosper in the land.

December 17, 2020 is a remarkable day in PPR land. Infact, I am really excited (Grinning ear to ear) like say I don get (me wey still dey remark IELTS).

Anyways, May we all clinch this much coveted PPR o so we can experience this surreal feeling. Chai......I can imagine. cheesy shocked

Amen.. thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SunshineD1: 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
tysaxmalomo:
please can you send me a pm i ry to send but it keeps saying I've sent too many messages and that i should wait. dont know why that is

Responded
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SunshineD1: 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
zorodninja:
It is PPR my people!!!!!

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AJ101: 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2020
My humble opinion. Your work experience when you dropped should count so long as it is in an acceptable NOC Code for EE. As you explained to us here, also do the explanation in an LOE while submitting your application with the concerned documents. All the best.
damsel143:
Seniors, please help me clear my doubt.

I dropped out of school for one year to work and returned in 2018 to complete my Bachelor's degree.

I got a Job in December 2018 after my graduation and I have been in the same organization to date.

Can I use the year I dropped out of school as one year of experience? I have my employment letter and reference letter for this.

I also have a letter approved by the Senate in my school that I dropped out for one year due to financial constraints and returned in 2018 to complete my study.

Will this count as one year experience even though I did the job before completing my Bachelor's degree.

I later obtained a PGD in 2020. So right now I am claiming 2 or more certificates.

I just need to be clear on my years of experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 7:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
Dee107:

I got it the following day. Thanks for the encouragement.
You are welcome...we move!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olasubomy: 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
Betterlife2018:

Anyway WES has the final say here- ur ECA report will tell u if u can claim 2 or more cert. WES might still evaluate ur BSC accounting as 3 years - just start the process here-www.wes.org and hope for the best.

Hi Betterlife2018,

I got admission into Babcock with my ICAN certificate so i was exempted from 100 level and 200 level that was how i came about 2 years First degree.

I also have a credential evaluation report from Foreign Credential Service of America. (FCSA)

I dont know if i answered your question
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by damsel143: 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2020
Yes, it is the same NOC.

NOC 2175 - Web Designers and Developers

I just want to be sure I am qualified to use 3 years of experience.

AJ101:
My humble opinion. Your work experience when you dropped should count so long as it is in an acceptable NOC Code for EE. As you explained to us here, also do the explanation in an LOE while submitting your application with the concerned documents. All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amoskitto: 7:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hello, please how can I join the whatsapp group? I would also like to send to London VO, rather than Accra smiley

SunshineD1:

Yes you can. I've responded to all PMs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
olasubomy:

Hi Betterlife2018,

I got admission into Babcock with my ICAN certificate so i was exempted from 100 level and 200 level that was how i came about 2 years First degree.

I also have a credential evaluation report from Foreign Credential Service of America. (FCSA)

I dont know if i answered your question

Ok- Like I explained earlier- start the process with WES - evaluate ur BSC and ATS ( note that ICAN itself is not favorably evaluated by WES). WES evaluates ATS favourably. Use the search button up here to look for previous posts on ATS ICAN evaluation so u can learn better.
Your final report from WES will tell you if u can claim 2 or more certificate point. I hope it helps.
All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
amoskitto:
Hello, please how can I join the whatsapp group? I would also like to send to London VO, rather than Accra smiley

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amoskitto: 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hello,
please were you able to join the WhatsApp group? I am unable to send any PM anymore. I really would like to send the London VO.
My email pauricole@gmail.com

Msidiodi:
Hi!
Please how do i join the whatsapp group? I just PMed you. My VO is Accra, can i still send to London?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amoskitto: 7:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Thank yousmiley

MissMa01:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Denerystormborn: 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
Noi is what i am saying
MamaJoJo:

Lady if you have Nomination you get an extra 600 point or do you mean you just submitted the application.
If you are nominated by the province you should have an additional 600 points so whther your hubby wites iketa or not doesn't matter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dammyope126: 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
Congratulations to all PPR Clinchers. Your stories are inspiring. What a good way to end the year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tofss: 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
It is about 4.5 times my salary.

phabulous88:

When you say way more than your salary what do you mean? And by how much % ?

Companies pay bonuses (performance bonus, profit share, discretionary bonus, retention bonus, etc) and sometimes it can be 200% more than your salary.

If you want to make explore this route, you can get your company to do you letter and backdate Simple!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ovywils: 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
Congratulations y'all @msidiodi, @successhungry, @flakeyy, @aj101, @ZaraD, & @Zorodninija & @tysaxmalomo

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by horlorbah(m): 7:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Mmamaroon:

1. yes, NOCs under skill level 0, A and B are acceptable, provided they meet the conditions in this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

2. yes, provided at least one of the jobs is continuous, non-stop and meets the conditions in the link above

3. yes, I believe you can use 3 different NOCs, but your primary NOC must be one of them.

4. Sorry, no idea on NYSC issues as I really don't have any personal experience here. Many many people here have used it, please search "NYSC NOC" and limit to travel section for more details.

good luck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
Tofss:
Good morning,

I have considered getting her to sign a gift deed but my sister already signed a gift deed for me and I dont want to use 2 gift deeds.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm- it looks so simple and same time u can complicate matter for yourself if u are not careful. I am not in support of ur boss giving u gift deed because of an over zealous VO might say your boss is not ur direct relative. Some people have used gift deed from friends and distance relative and it worked- but I am scared in this era of overzealous VO. I was a victim of gift deed from relative and my application was rejected in 2019. Though I appealed and it was overturned and PPR was released( long story).

I would say apply wisdom - look inward there are plenty ways to handle it- my opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Icicles: 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hi house! Just wondering! If I'm yet to receive PPR and my passport is 3 months to expiration, is this an issue?

I hear my passport won't be stamped that I need to renew ASAP. Pls advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
Phabbs:
You don't need to reject Ontario nomination. When filling your OINP application, make sure you indicate that you are married and submit all requested doc for you and your partner including your POF covering for you and your spouse.
In my case, I got married after getting nomination from Ontario and before submitting my application. I included my spouse, spouse did not have IELTS nor ECA and it was approved.

Sis, your case is entirely different from @Denerystomborn because you married after receiving nomination from Ontario, so technically you were single as at being nominated. In her case, she was married and she didn't update her status as such.

In my own opinion, just as @Mmamaroon suggested, she should edit her status to Married/Spouse Unaccompanying to see if her CRS still meets that 460 or clarify her situation by mail, if possible that is, from Ontario. Otherwise, she might need to reject it and wait for hubby's addition(s) to her CRS points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
Mighty congratulations to everyone who, today, secured the much coveted and ultimate price in this journey. Grace and favour to y'all in the new home! Amen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by blittech: 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
Goodday good people,has anyone requested EOR -writing for computer based IELTS before? How long did it take? I know BC says 2 to 21 days but i want to hear from ppl who have done it how long it took to get feedback.I am really anxious.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Aig842: 8:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
Congratulations to those that got PPR, especially the early/mid 2019 AVO applicants, pray mine comes soon. Wait has been mental!!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
Icicles:
Hi house! Just wondering! If I'm yet to receive PPR and my passport is 3 months to expiration, is this an issue?

I hear my passport won't be stamped that I need to renew ASAP. Pls advise
Renew and send details via webform
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tysaxmalomo: 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ovywils:
Congratulations y'all @msidiodi, @successhungry, @flakeyy, @aj101, @ZaraD, & @Zorodninija & @tysaxmalomo

Thanks a lot....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yinksob002: 9:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
Congrats..I wish you all the best
Msidiodi:
It’s PPR guys!!!!!!
I am still in shock, to think that i woke up, turned on my data and was about to send a webform and boom!! I got the golden mail!!!!
I have been expecting this but honestly i am not prepared for the feeling!!!! I still think I’m dreaming oh! Sombody should come and pinch me..... E dey sweet abeg ������.

Timeline.....
ITA- 20 August, 2019
AOR- 29 September 2019
MEP/BIL- 10 October 2019
LONG WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meds extended- 25 November 2020
PPR- 17 December 2020!!!

Thank God for his faithfulness and mercies! The wait has not been easy but finally this phase is over! Unto the next!!!
For those that are waiting for one phase or the other, God will see us through! Amen!

Please those that submitted their documents recently, how did you guys do it, what and what is needed? I’ll really appreciate a response.
Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by OlakunmiSMELTD: 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Mmamaroon:

Perhaps you could paste the reference where you read that cousins are applicable for OINP.

Where and how did you indicate your cousin to OINP? From what I understand of OINP, they pick directly from the pool (based on CRS and NOC) and from your posts you just got the nomination, so where are you indicating your cousin? In the OINP application form? Also what is the breakdown of your CRS?

If the cousin reference is only in the OINP form (application checklist here..... note that there is no reference to family in the province but it may be in the form... no idea: https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream-applicant-checklist#section-10 ), then please refer to my previous comment on LOE. Please note this is just my opinion, other people and a VO may view this scenario very differently.

Thank you.
I read the link you posted I'm and it is very helpful
If you or your spouse or common-law partner has

a relative who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada and is 18 or older, you must scan and upload the following documents:

relative’s birth certificate(s)
relative’s citizenship or permanent resident document(s)
evidence of relative’s residency in Canada, for example; property documents, employment documents, bank statements, tax documents that contain name address and contact information
Note: Relatives include parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews.

So I can't use relationship above excluding cousin.
Thank you. But my question if you have nephews in Canada and use it for Ontario as they mentioned above. Will EE accept it ?

However, SINP accept cousin. And you don't have to mention it on your EE application. But he or she must have be living in SINP for the past 12months

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.