Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1364790 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sulee23(f): 6:14am On Jan 31, 2021
culkid:
Hi guys.

Do I need to add pay stubs and account statement along with my reference letter, or only the reference letter for my PR application?

Thank you.

Only Reference letter suffices. If anything is needed they will ask for it. Keep it simple

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sulee23(f): 6:15am On Jan 31, 2021
Emmafe:
Please to proof 3years work experience, will I be submitting 3yrs bank statement or just reference letter? Thanks

Just reference letter from the employer of the job you are using to claim points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sulee23(f): 6:22am On Jan 31, 2021
Nickxander11:
Hi all, what do you advice:
Will someone with 3years+ experience that isn't continuous because of change of job,have any issues? for example,
Primary NOC/experience: Accountant (1 year 10months).
Other experience:
Previous 1: Logistics officer (4 months)
Previous 2: Accountant. (1 year 4 months)

In order of arrangement: Accountant, Logistics officer, Accountant(current job).

Checked IRCC website and it says at least one year continuous work experience. I just want to confirm and know:

1) if it is a good idea to move the logistics officer to personal history or include it in work experience.

2) if reference letter be required for both previous(accountant) and current occupation(accountant) or just current.

Sufficies that the present Noc is 1year and above which is great, and yes you will be needing a reference letter from ur employer on this. And also the previous job 2 when added already make 3years, you will also need a letter from ur past employer on this too. On the previous job 1, it's totally ur choice, if you can get a letter saying u worked for 4months fine. If not you can just move it to personal history to fill up time gaps.

This is imo, let others weigh in.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nickxander11(m): 6:33am On Jan 31, 2021
Sulee23:

Sufficies that the present Noc is 1year and above which is great, and yes you will be needing a reference letter from ur employer on this. And also the previous job 2 when added already make 3years, you will also need a letter from ur past employer on this too. On the previous job 1, it's totally ur choice, if you can get a letter saying u worked for 4months fine. If not you can just move it to personal history to fill up time gaps.

This is imo, let others weigh in.

Thanks, does the reference letter have a validity period?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nickxander11(m): 6:35am On Jan 31, 2021
MissMa01:

It is fine, it doesn’t matter. You can get a letter each for all roles and you are good to go

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Laurele(f): 6:56am On Jan 31, 2021
Hello please what is Nacetem exams like? Is it CBT or essay. Most importantly you mentioned you paid your shool fees just before the exams, does this mean one can pay installmentally?

Pls reply �

igwillions:
I actually joined you guys officially in part 5 of this thread, that should be around 2018.

When I saw total cost required for this, my mind cut. As in Afraid HUG me.

Even the money required to apply for NACETEM'S PGD to get two or more cert no dey, talk more of their school fees.

The roads weren't smooth for me, but I just said let me be doing this Canada matter man to man marking before e leave me run or I score own goal.

I paid for NACETEM's PGD form 5k and later acceptance fee 15k or so, around 2018. Shii shii for school fees wasn't available.
I waited till around first semester exams to pay for half of the school fees. Waited till after 2nd semester exams the next year to pay up balance for it. That was 2019.

I went for break before I break down.

I read somewhere on this thread this year that I can get WES reference number even without paying for their fees by making use of their Western Union payment option grin shocked wink.
Omo see speed I use enter their site to get one. I had to do this because paying for WES and applying for my B.sc and PGD transcript same time, na die I dey be that na. Naa person wey hunger no kill go enter Canada.

So, I applied for that of my B.sc via ETX-NG and PGD via courier. As e dey road to reach WES, money for their fees go don ready. It got to them last week.

I just paid for WES and was charged N71,729 for 230CAD. That is almost N312/CAD.
The bank used was GTB.
Was their rate high or not?
As long as it wasn't the N365 black market rate I was seeing, thank God then.

IELTS matter is next. Preparation has commenced low key. By next month or February at most, God will bless my efforts.

In case you think achieving these between 2018 and now, nothing much was done; just imagine I was still waiting for the big funds to come to start this journey.

My reason for the write up above?
Just start the journey.
The roads will rise to meet you as you journey by... But, you have to start.

If you wait for the good things of life to come to you, someone who can't, wait will go get it before you.

More wins are coming for I and you as we play this match to leave the Nigerian team and join the Maple team.
No use your hand give yourself injury.
If you no get money to buy Nike or Addidas boot or any random shoe to play this match, wear mai ruwa shoe enter field.
If the mai ruwa shoe cost for you, wear bathroom slippers join.
If bathroom slippers cost for you, abeg carry ordinary leg enter pitch, but all in all, follow play this ball.
Last last we go score this goal carry our medal(COPR) jaapaa.

Make I go start to write my PPR gist jare in faith. Selah.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Laurele(f): 7:06am On Jan 31, 2021
Hello everyone please i need help to clarify somethings

So I am a Baker and have 3+ years experience.
I have read through thoroughly all the threads of express entry and have realised that my best bet is applying through federal skilled trade. I calculated my points and I scored 87/100. (minus the last requirement which is my challenge)
The only challenge I have and can't quite understand how to get through yet is the requirement to have a job offer from a province or certificate of qualification from Canada.
I am truly confused at this point on what this mean, does it mean I have to get a job offer first before I can apply? Or I can apply regardless

Please help with a reply or help direct me to a Thread addressing this. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Belle35: 7:10am On Jan 31, 2021
Princessayot:
I used Cambridge 11 - 15 to practice
Also Wasseynewest on nairaland here was a big help.
I did already ask for remarking for writing. Doesn't hurt to try
Thanks alot.

Please can you send me your Cambridge practice materials. Thanks in anticipation ��
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Belle35: 7:12am On Jan 31, 2021
[quote author=Ddnazy post=98589268]

I solved Cambridge materials 10- 15. You can also check out the site www.ielts-up.com

Please can you send me your practice materials .
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by geezonaire1415(m): 7:59am On Jan 31, 2021
danijay1212:
I understand that asking to message me may seem suspicious but there really isn't anything to hide I just didn't want it to cast grin

Basically it involves using your Bsc to apply for a similar HND course at a polytechnic, you are automatically drafted into Pre-HND. Your Bsc transcript is requested and exemptions are given on similar courses already undertaken at Bsc level. In my case, I was only told to write an exam on two courses which were not taken and didn't reflect in my Bsc transcript after which i was issued a National diploma to proceed for my HND. Sent my Bsc and ND to WES and was evaluated for two degrees.

Fees I paid were
ND1 fees 102k
ND2 fees 80k
Transcript 15k

I hope this conforms to the free information policy of this platform and is also useful to others. Thanks.

N.B I am post AOR.

I have sent you a mail Boss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by donasere(m): 8:05am On Jan 31, 2021
Richdee1:

If I understood you right, you asked if your degree has to tally with your work experience for FSW?
if this is what you mean, I'll say NO
It doesn't have to tally, I can study maths and work as an accounting Technician,
As long as you can provide have Proof of Work experience for the said job duties and its continuous for 1 year. you're good to go

Oh cool. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 31, 2021
Laurele:
Hello everyone please i need help to clarify somethings

So I am a Baker and have 3+ years experience.
I have read through thoroughly all the threads of express entry and have realised that my best bet is applying through federal skilled trade. I calculated my points and I scored 87/100. (minus the last requirement which is my challenge)
The only challenge I have and can't quite understand how to get through yet is the requirement to have a job offer from a province or certificate of qualification from Canada.
I am truly confused at this point on what this mean, does it mean I have to get a job offer first before I can apply? Or I can apply regardless

Please help with a reply or help direct me to a Thread addressing this. Thank you so much

Please read this PPR story of a self employed baker : Greatlady234, who applied through Federal Skilled Workers programme....then review page one again to simulate your CRS...and review the application checklist to see if you can provide the documents for people who are self employed and meet the other FSW requirements.....both on page 1 and below.

https://www.nairaland.com/post/79677484

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

All the best!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Laurele(f): 9:13am On Jan 31, 2021
Thank you very much �
Mmamaroon:

Please read this PPR story of a self employed baker : Greatlady234, who applied through Federal Skilled Workers programme....then review page one again to simulate your CRS...and review the application checklist to see if you can provide the documents for people who are self employed and meet the other FSW requirements.....both on page 1 and below.

https://www.nairaland.com/post/79677484

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 9:30am On Jan 31, 2021
Princessayot:
My people
My 2nd attempt at IELTS and I aced it
L:9, R:9, S:7.5, W:7
On to the next wink

Great performance! My wife showed me this same result yesterday before I saw it here and later on in the night, a brother who just wrote was so impressed that he had to share the screenshot as well and then I got so curious to know if it actually belongs to the same person. grin Behold, the "ayot" in your moniker tallies with the ones on the WhatsApp groups from whence their screenshots were taken. cheesy wink

Wishing you and the family speed from here.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BabygirlDee: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2021
zionakika:

You didn't mention any score here �

I mentioned in the video that I got these score in my first test
Reading 7
Listening 7.5
Speaking 8
Writing 6.5

And in my second test I got these scores
Reading 9
Listening 9
Speaking 8.5
Writing 7.5

In this video I explained the mistakes I made when I was preparing for my first exams and tips that helped me prepare for my second exam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLcVcEEUZzU

If you’re preparing to take the IELTS soon, you should subscribe to my Channel because this week I will be sharing all of the free study material I used to prepare my second exam and more on my application process in the coming weeks.��

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DFreeze: 11:03am On Jan 31, 2021
There is no cause for alarm. If you read carefully, these weren't even asked to be uploaded. IRCC can easily validate your IELTS through your TRF, same goes for ECA through some certain number which you have entered during filling of the form. I think people are just uploading those out of the abundance of caution. If I were in your shoes, I won't be distressed. In case they need further info as per these, you'll be notified though this is very unlikely as your complete form has the information required. Hope this helps.

deejay5:
Thank you much... I've submitted a webform to that effect. Should I put a call through to them about this? And how soon should I do this? Can anyone avail me with the apporpriate ircc number to call considering the fact that I may not have had any visa office because my application is just 2 weeks old?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sauuron: 11:05am On Jan 31, 2021
Lotusgoddess:

The stress involved according to him.. So far it would be evaluated as a two years diploma, it will keep us at 472. Ao can he go ahead?
every point counts o. Most people on this journey go through stress to evaluate their nigerian degrees. If you both feel comfortable with just the HND, go ahead. But I'll tentatively suggest he evaluates the 2 if it gives you more points. Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ikepooni(f): 11:26am On Jan 31, 2021
culkid:
Hi guys.

Do I need to add pay stubs and account statement along with my reference letter, or only the reference letter for my PR application?

Thank you.

If you have them . Please include them. I was asked for this after submitting my application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ABSTRUSE: 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
Lotusgoddess:

The stress involved according to him.. So far it would be evaluated as a two years diploma, it will keep us at 472. Ao can he go ahead?

BOTH!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2021
Laurele:
Thank you very much �

Just to add, self employed docs only apply if you are the business owner...otherwise it's a reference letter from your employer.

Either way, you should check if the NOC duties match what you do for your employer. If your CRS is low, you may also check out SINP, which if successful gives you 600 extra CRS points. 6332 is in their occupation in demand list.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Onyiibaykay: 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hi, please can anyone confirm if APHRI or any courses under HRCI can be used as an additional certificate to increase CRS points??

For clarity, HRCI is a Human resource certification course.
Kindly respond to this if you have any info on it, it’s really important. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Fibonacci2021: 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2021
My people. Please I'm about to do my WES Evaluation for FSW Canada Pr. Pleas which option should i choose for WES Evaluation: (1)Document by Document Evaluation or (2) Course by Course Evaluation.
I intend to study in Canada after getting my PR so I thought the Course by Course evaluation might be necessary for Academic purpose after. But I'm not sure if Course by Course Evaluation is acceptable for FSW Canada Pr. Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DRiches: 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hello house, please I’m making this enquiry for my brother. He is a Veterinary Doctor ( DVM) with 4years of working experience, 33yrs old. His wife (26yo) is a Nurse (Bsc) with approximately 2years of working experience. Please, what do they need to start with on this journey of EE?

Is it advisable for both of them to evaluate their certificate with WES and write IELTS?

What are the likely IELTS band that can make them enter the pool?

I would really appreciate it if anyone can reply me.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
Fibonacci2021:
My people. Please I'm about to do my WES Evaluation for FSW Canada Pr. Pleas which option should i choose for WES Evaluation: (1)Document by Document Evaluation or (2) Course by Course Evaluation.
I intend to study in Canada after getting my PR so I thought the Course by Course evaluation might be necessary for Academic purpose after. But I'm not sure if Course by Course Evaluation is acceptable for FSW Canada Pr. Please help
ECA for Immgration is different from ECA for Academic. If you select the latter, your application will be cancelled as incomplete.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
DRiches:
Hello house, please I’m making this enquiry for my brother. He is a Veterinary Doctor ( DVM) with 4years of working experience, 33yrs old. His wife (26yo) is a Nurse (Bsc) with approximately 2years of working experience. Please, what do they need to start with on this journey of EE?

Is it advisable for both of them to evaluate their certificate with WES and write IELTS?

What are the likely IELTS band that can make them enter the pool?

I would really appreciate it if anyone can reply me.

Thanks a lot.

First step is to use the CRS calculator and find out what their combined score and unaccompanying will be
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lotusgoddess(f): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
sauuron:
every point counts o. Most people on this journey go through stress to evaluate their nigerian degrees. If you both feel comfortable with just the HND, go ahead. But I'll tentatively suggest he evaluates the 2 if it gives you more points. Best of luck!

Thank you so much. I'll try to convince him to do so
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lotusgoddess(f): 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2021
ABSTRUSE:

BOTH!

Thank you. I'll try to convince him to do so
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DRiches: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
MissMa01:

First step is to use the CRS calculator and find out what their combined score and unaccompanying will be
Hello, thanks for your reply. Can you give me a lead?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
DRiches:

Hello, thanks for your reply. Can you give me a lead?
read page 1. Too much repeated and answered questions on here. Let try to use search button and page 1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Yhamo: 4:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
Please what do you mean by markings? You mean the Visas on the passport ??
MissMa01:

No need for blank pages. Upload stamps and markings on your old passport, stamps, markings and bio data page of your new passport
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 4:22pm On Jan 31, 2021
Yhamo:
Please what do you mean by markings? You mean the Visas on the passport ??
Markings vary...on my passport I have a number from Uk home office that isn’t a visa stamp so I included that. Just scan whatever you have on your passport and upload
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by hustla(m): 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
Princessayot:
I used Cambridge 11 - 15 to practice
Also Wasseynewest on nairaland here was a big help.
I did already ask for remarking for writing. Doesn't hurt to try
Thanks alot.

Hello

Please where did you get your Cambridge 11 - 15? I used to have the cambridge series on my laptop 3 years and i cant seem to rembr where i got it from
Thanks

EDIT

NVM, I got a link for 1 - 15 now

Thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.