Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1368662 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
Larrylrkay:
Good afternoon to you all. I am a new bea here. Please, I need a quick information. Myself and my wife want to apply for EE and we are currently on our WES. She is the primary applicant and she has worked for more than 10years as admin in public service. My qualifications is if the more than 10 years in service would not affect our chances. Thanks.
You can claim work experience in NOC 0, A & B. Read page 1 of this thread and see what your NOC is and you only need 3years. Other factors to consider will be IELTS, degree, etc . Again, page 1 is the summary.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
Good day all. Please I plan using my NYSC experience for my EE profile.

Can I get Experience letter from my PPA (Secondary School) or do I need to get it from NYSC as the Allawee payments show it's from NYSC.

NB: There was no extra payment by the school. Only FG Allawees are showing on my Bank Statements.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Liispa(f): 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
Abdomox:
Good day all. Please I plan using my NYSC experience for my EE profile.

Can I get Experience letter from my PPA (Secondary School) or do I need to get it from NYSC as the Allawee payments show it's from NYSC.

NB: There was no extra payment by the school. Only FG Allawees are showing on my Bank Statements.

Thanks.

PPA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ola2j: 2:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
A
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ola2j: 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
MissMa01:

So what do they use? I am particularly interested in this because it has been bothering me for awhile .
Vibes&insha allah. Check the exchange rate of the day you print your bank statement, print out what the exchange rate shows, attach it as loe to show your money is up to the equivalent of their cad for that day. That's what I advise people to do. You have no knowledge of what they use so make use of the knowledge (exchange rate)you have

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Inikay: 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2021
Good Afternoon guys, Please i need your help on this,
I want to apply for WES credential evaluation. My degree certificate bears my maiden name different from the name on my International passport. On the WES account i used my present name.
My question is will the different names affect my WES credential evaluation and how do I reconcile both names?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tshtsh: 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

As someone said, your age is locked post-ITA but your CRS points will indeed drop after your birthday on your CIC account. That's nothing to worry about though as it's partly stated in the ITA letter and clearly in the exemption 'decree' that loss of points after ITA as a result of events like birthdays which is beyond the applicant's control will not cause IRCC to reject your application.

Pls see attached screenshot of an ITA letter for evidence.
Yes just saw it thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 3:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ola2j:

That is it....we don't know. The quarterly exchange rate was disclosed by Campbell and Cohen law firm to someone they were representing. If you follow express-entry well, you'll know of Campbell and Cohen. So yes, exceed the pof with at least a thousand dollar more. If they ask for 3.5, give them 3.8 because as soon as the R10 completeness check is done, (for fsw o) you'll have RR but you'll be certain it's not for PoF. But if you have sibling(s) then you don't have to worry so much about the PoF being met, so long you upload your sibling bank statement in the sibling documents aspect, you should be fine. I have 3 siblings there so yes I know what I'm talking about incase "seniors" what to start shouting
Huh? How does my siblings bank statement add up to POF eligibility? Ahhh wait o...Campbell and Cohen is an immigration law firm that needs ‘troubled’ applications to save and make profit.

I don’t think you should post information that isn’t on IRCC’s website just because you have siblings over there.

I also do not think anyone is sure if POF is locked on submission date or the day they review your application so to be on the safe side, let POF be in excess.
This one you are saying is unverified

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oty1993: 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
did your trf number change? I just requested for BC remark today, any idea how long it will take for remarking only writing
phabulous88:

Update

British Council refunded my EOR fees today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by CokeBar(f): 4:25pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ola2j:

Ok i have a bit of time for you now

If your PoF is in a foreign currency, the RR is very common. It is just an indication to the officer to review before marking it passed.

Understanding “Review Required” (there's a long note under this but let's just skip to where we need)

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you will have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.
Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE.

You were saying?

My POF is in USD and there's no RR.
Yes, I ordered my gcms notes.

Where did you get this from biko?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Aduraaola: 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
I tried doing that last week Monday but they weren’t ready to listen. I even went to IOM at Ikeja. Please ask if your friend has a contact at IOM or Qlife. Thanks
angrybutsane:
Hello

hope I'm not late .

You can send a mail to iom or qlife stating that you have just few days to submit all documents. Show the invite letter . I'm very sure they would immediately schedule you .

They have done that for my friend . Qlife , she had 5 days , they told her to come the next day when she showed evidence.

quote author=Aduraaola post=98978563]Please I need help.
I got ITA November 25th 2020 but as at then i decided not to pursue because my POF wasn’t complete as the time, now I do and time is against me. It’s 13 days to the stipulated date of 3 months for me to submit all necessary document.

I have every other document but my medicals. No appointment date is available at IOM or Q-LIfe until 12th March. What can I do please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by purespikes: 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
Mmamaroon:

You told us in Jan that you'd evaluated Masters and PGD with WES and that your CRS was at 450: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/404#98444589

Is it the PA (usually the younger person) that has the Masters? Did both of you max out on IELTS? If it is the non-PA spouse that has the PGD, you only gain 3 additional points with 1 yr program vs two degrees. What parameters make up the 450?

Pls review page 1 carefully again, especially the CRS grid to see what you can do to increase points....it will save you precious time and money.

You are correct. The evaluation I talked about in my January post was hypothetical and I was looking at the best scenario. That was how I arrived at 450 then.

Well, IELTS results are out and wifey maxed out, while I goofed big time (it was my first time and her 3rd time, as she had written twice in the past to test the waters, when I wasn't serious about the relocation thing).

She got 8.5, 8, 8, 7.5 in LRWS while I got 7.5,7, 7.5,7.5. I calculated the CRS with the current development and i got 448. If I upgrade my WES to include my HND, I get 2 more points and we are still stuck at 450, which will slide to 445 by June (wifey turns 36 by then)!

I won't be dismayed, all way na way and the dream will become a reality

God dey!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
MissMa01:

Huh? How does my siblings bank statement add up to POF eligibility? Ahhh wait o...Campbell and Cohen is an immigration law firm that needs ‘troubled’ applications to save and make profit.

I don’t think you should post information that isn’t on IRCC’s website just because you have siblings over there.

I also do not think anyone is sure if POF is locked on submission date or the day they review your application so to be on the safe side, let POF be in excess.
grin most people with siblings self are still on telegram groups and nairaland as their canada siblings dont even know or have stopped caring or knowing about the immigration process. Leave him to keep typing false info
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adeshna: 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
Anyone aware of some job offers in Canada that gives 2 years visa, and said its renewable?

Though, genuine, how easy is it to renew or use as an advantage to get PR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Eraytee: 4:52pm On Feb 15, 2021
most genuine offer lies in post-doc positions, if you have a PhD with good research profile coupled with some publications you stand a chance.

adeshna:
Anyone aware of some job offers in Canada that gives 2 years visa, and said its renewable?

Though, genuine, how easy is it to renew or use as an advantage to get PR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ola2j: 4:53pm On Feb 15, 2021
MissMa01:

I happen to have worked with people who have had their applications rejected due to PoF and other employment issues.the most reoccurring reason is that they done show enough evidence that they'll be able to support themselves or have a close relative who can support them in Canada. Also, info sharing, misrepresention checks, criminality and security aren't on IRCC’s website, neither is the agent/analyst check and officer's approval on IRCC’s website. But they're integral part of the application. Not all information is on IRCC’s website brother. Lastly all those "toubled" applications are where the most experience is gained. I'm an avid believer of " i don't know" being a valid answer so I won't post something if I don't know it. I was the first person to post on NL with proof that you can get extra certificate from acca foundation program when everyone said it's not possible and bcs is the quickest way to get an extra certificat. I won't say what is not true✌

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ola2j: 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
ednut1:
grin most people with siblings self are still on telegram groups and nairaland as their canada siblings dont even know or have stopped caring or knowing about the immigration process. Leave him to keep typing false info
Because you don't know it doesn't make it wrong. I can give you a week to try to prove that it is wrong and you won't be able to do so. The knowledge is out there, find it if you want to. But don't call it false.✌

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by zellfoxx: 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
purespikes:

You are correct. The evaluation I talked about in my January post was hypothetical and I was looking at the best scenario. That was how I arrived at 450 then.

Well, IELTS results are out and wifey maxed out, while I goofed big time (it was my first time and her 3rd time, as she had written twice in the past to test the waters, when I wasn't serious about the relocation thing).

She got 8.5, 8, 8, 7.5 in LRWS while I got 7.5,7, 7.5,7.5. I calculated the CRS with the current development and i got 448. If I upgrade my WES to include my HND, I get 2 more points and we are still stuck at 450, which will slide to 445 by June (wifey turns 36 by then)!

God dey!!

You didn't goof ooo. Since you can hit 7.5 in both writing and speaking on first try, then you have less work to do your second time around. I dare say you can make some more points with a little more preparation.

We will get there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
purespikes:

God dey!!

She has contributed her quota........MSc and maxing IELTS.....will she consider French? Many people feel like it's not something they can do, but if you consider the upside +72 points if she gets CLB 7 in LRWS....it may be worth it.

There's also SINP if her NOC is on the list and she has many years of work experience.

Don't be dismayed!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
oty1993:
did your trf number change? I just requested for BC remark today, any idea how long it will take for remarking only writing
Please how much is BC remark fees now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by haydotzed(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2021
Good evening, I am am 30 years old, married with one kid. Has B.ed in educational management and almost through with my M.ed. I wish to relocate to Canada but i do not know anything whatsoever about the traveling process. Kindly, help with any information neccessary to achieve this goal. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ola2j:

Because you don't know it doesn't make it wrong. I can give you a week to try to prove that it is wrong and you won't be able to do so. The knowledge is out there, find it if you want to. But don't call it false.✌
you can read ppr gists even from here. How many had RR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 5:31pm On Feb 15, 2021
Aduraaola:
I tried doing that last week Monday but they weren’t ready to listen. I even went to IOM at Ikeja. Please ask if your friend has a contact at IOM or Qlife. Thanks
Its at their discretion but you can try again. Qlife seems to have suspended slot swap. Otherwise write an email to them and ensure they respond to the email. scan the response and submit as additional information to support your letter of explanation for delayed medical. When you eventually get the medicals done you can submit
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2021
Rhuth:

Please how much is BC remark fees now?

If time is not on your side re-register and write the exam again. Which component did you seek remark for ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 5:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
abnot:

If time is not on your side re-register and write the exam again. Which component did you seek remark for ?
Writing and speaking. I had a 7/7.5
I'm considering remark as opposed to writing a new one.
Just wanna know the cost
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2021
Rhuth:

Writing and speaking. I had a 7/7.5
I'm considering remark as opposed to writing a new one.
Just wanna know the cost
NGN27,000
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ikepooni(f): 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ola2j:

I agree with you. I have read on other forums and other sources that review required is usually attached to POFs in foreign currencies. I have seen gcms notes with RR on POFs . Not that the RR is a bad thing, but the analyst puts it there for the officer to do further checks on the validity of the POFs or whatever checks they do.
Just because some people did not have RR on their POFs doesn’t mean that what you have observed is false.
It’s ok to doubt or call the information false but people are forgetting that all applications are not treated the same way. Remarks/decisions made on applications are at the discretion of the officer. What happens on A’s file may not necessarily happen on B’s file.
Nobody here is an IRCC expert, we are all using idea based on experience or what we have read somewhere. People should not be too quick to disregard or call an information false.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dee107: 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ovywils:

There is... Google immitracker November 2020 AOR forum

Thank you. I've tried but the group is full.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by EsoEso: 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2021
haydotzed:
Good evening, I am am 30 years old, married with one kid. Has B.ed in educational management and almost through with my M.ed. I wish to relocate to Canada but i do not know anything whatsoever about the traveling process. Kindly, help with any information neccessary to achieve this goal. Thanks

Go to page 1 and start reading from there

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by purespikes: 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
zellfoxx:

You didn't goof ooo. Since you can hit 7.5 in both writing and speaking on first try, then you have less work to do your second time around. I dare say you can make some more points with a little more preparation.

We will get there.
Thanks for the encouragement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.