Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1363615 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nekkyblues(f): 10:13pm On Feb 22, 2021
phabulous88:

Congratulations

How long did your application take?

Cc Nekkyblues

Thanks, seen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lupigne: 12:09am On Feb 23, 2021
Eastwoodonline:
Thanks once again, my CRS score is now showing after I increased my POF, but it still says my profile is pending
You're welcome. Mine is pending too. Seems to be a general thing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by IlesanmiG: 2:10am On Feb 23, 2021
Hi All,

I'm trying to get in the pool. Please how do I answer "In the last three years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have in Canada? It must have been full-time (or an equal amount in part time)."?

This question is also No.6 whenever youre doing the CRS computation.

Please assist.

Thank you,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 7:00am On Feb 23, 2021
IlesanmiG:
Hi All,

I'm trying to get in the pool. Please how do I answer "In the last three years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have in Canada? It must have been full-time (or an equal amount in part time)."?

This question is also No.6 whenever youre doing the CRS computation.

Please assist.

Thank you,
Zero or less than a year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chism440: 8:20am On Feb 23, 2021
Please can someone send me a good Canadian style CV format
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Wendyna: 8:41am On Feb 23, 2021
joselekas:

25% of your pension saving is admissible as POF. I used that for my OINP application and I also intend to use it to respond for ITA.

Was your pension fund approved for OINP? Mine was rejected on Feb 5th. I had to give updated funds statement. The reviewing officer stated that funds needed to be accessible immediately.
I know a couple of people use it for IRCC, not sure why OINP rejected it.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Izzyboy540: 9:01am On Feb 23, 2021
Good day senior men , please I would like to know if these IELTS exam is compulsory ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by joselekas(m): 9:05am On Feb 23, 2021
Wendyna:

Was your pension fund approved for OINP? Mine was rejected on Feb 5th. I had to give updated funds statement. The reviewing officer stated that funds needed to be accessible immediately.

My application moved to "Decision in Progress" on that same date, the 5th of February, and I didn't get ADR. What stage did you get this ADR?

I don't understand why they would reject your RSA on that basis. I also know people have used this with IRCC.

Aside from adding my spouse's RSA and mine, our POF is 7.7m for a family of 4 which is slightly above the required using a conversion rate of 302. So that may be the reason I am not getting ADR.

How did you respond to the ADR?

I wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jaquelagos: 9:21am On Feb 23, 2021
ABSTRUSE:
Another positive CES evaluation as “professional degree...” cool

Are you still waiting for IQAS?

Hello please can you submit electronic transcript to CES or they must also receive physical copies of the transcript from your school? Frateful if anyone knows the answer can respond
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by luvlyme: 9:37am On Feb 23, 2021
Good morning everyone, please how can I change my delivery address for Wes,I no longer stay in the address I put when registering and would like to update it, please help?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Inikay: 10:36am On Feb 23, 2021
taiwo92:
Good morning all,
Please I need contact of where my wife can have her IELTS classes around Minna,Niger state.
Husband: BSc and almost done with MSc
Wife: just finish serving, she has OND and HND
Considering ECA do we do it separately or it can be done together in one application?
We hope to actualize our Canadian dream soon.
Thanks

I did WES Evaluation recently, wife should evaluate HND only. There is an explanation on their website that only highest earned degree should be evaluated and other professional certification if any.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhodia(f): 11:04am On Feb 23, 2021
Inikay:

I did WES Evaluation recently, wife should evaluate HND only. There is an explanation on their website that only highest earned degree should be evaluated and other professional certification if any.

Hmmmm, are you sure about this?
For HND holders, please evaluate both HND and OND to get points for 2 or more certificates.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amaya21: 11:19am On Feb 23, 2021
No. She needs to evaluate HND and OND to get two or more degrees. The highest earned degree is applicable for Masters, PhD, or if someone only has a Bachelors.

HND and OND will give more points than HND alone.

Inikay:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Staness: 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2021
Please does this count as two or more Certificate with BSC.
HELP PLEASE. THANK YOU.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Staness: 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2021
Staness:
Please does this count as two or more Certificate with BSC.
HELP PLEASE. THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by akokothefirst: 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2021
Does anyone have an idea if NOUN masters is useful for Canadian PR?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2021
Wendyna:

joselekas:

My application moved to "Decision in Progress" on that same date, the 5th of February, and I didn't get ADR. What stage did you get this ADR?

I don't understand why they would reject your RSA on that basis. I also know people have used this with IRCC.

Aside from adding my spouse's RSA and mine, our POF is 7.7m for a family of 4 which is slightly above the required using a conversion rate of 302. So that may be the reason I am not getting ADR.

I wish you all the best.

Truly several NL PPR stories have RSA as part of POF.

Perhaps it depends on the PFA statement that the applicant provides. Maybe some PFAs write the 4 month clause very boldly and others in fine print.....

May also depend on the VO's interpretation. One may think "why doesn't he have access to the funds now", another may think: "so long as he will have it when he resigns and is migrating".

Maybe it also depends on what proportion of the total POF, the RSA is. Perhaps 2% can be overlooked but not 20%.

#JustGuessing
#ICouldBeWrong

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Teeeee89: 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2021
OvaSabi1:

I'm sure they exist but I have never seen anyone get a job offer from naija. Please be careful with scammers but you can give it a try with one of the agents. Other ways of increasing your point: MSc, PhD, French Language Proficiency Tests, sibling in Canada, nomination from a province.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by barby008: 1:12pm On Feb 23, 2021
It is..but the program takes 2 years I think
akokothefirst:
Does anyone have an idea if NOUN masters is useful for Canadian PR?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RetiredAdult: 1:12pm On Feb 23, 2021
Hi everyone. Please, just to be certain- it is only my LLB I need for IQAS to evaluate and it will be evaluated as a Professional Degree abi? I don’t need to evaluate anything from law school? I hope not o. Please kindly confirm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2021
jaquelagos:

Hello please can you submit electronic transcript to CES or they must also receive physical copies of the transcript from your school? Frateful if anyone knows the answer can respond

YES, CES accepts electronic transcripts emailed directly to them by your institution.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2021
luvlyme:
Good morning everyone, please how can I change my delivery address for Wes,I no longer stay in the address I put when registering and would like to update it, please help?

Go to Your Portal/Account Menu and edit Mailing Address na angry angry angry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Somenachi: 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2021
You only need to evaluate LLB.

RetiredAdult:
Hi everyone. Please, just to be certain- it is only my LLB I need for IQAS to evaluate and it will be evaluated as a Professional Degree abi? I don’t need to evaluate anything from law school? I hope not o. Please kindly confirm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by joselekas(m): 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2021
Mmamaroon:

Perhaps it depends on the PFA statement that the applicant provides. Maybe some PFAs write the 4 month clause very boldly and others in fine print.....

May also depend on the VO's interpretation. One may think "why doesn't he have access to the funds now", another may think: "so long as he will have it when he resigns and is migrating".

Maybe it also depends on what proportion of the total POF, the RSA is. Perhaps 2% can be overlooked but not 20%.

#JustGuessing
#ICouldBeWrong

Thanks for your insight. My statement also has that clause and I think it's the new template of writing a balance statement by IBTC.

It reads thus: "Any employee who disengages or is disengaged from employment before the age of 50 years and is unable to secure another employment within four months of such disengagement may make 25% withdrawal from his Retirement Savings Account in accordance to the provisions of Section 7 (2) and (3) of this Act"

Someone actually warned me not to depend much on my RSA because of differing interpretations. So I just used it to shore up my POF and some sort of credence to my work profile/experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RetiredAdult: 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2021
Somenachi:
You only need to evaluate LLB.

Thank you.

But does Professional Degree equate to Masters?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jigga11: 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2021
What is delaying the FSW draw naaa. Please they should act fast abeg. Frustration wan kill me here. No work, No money, thinking wan finish me. Pickin school fees, wife money and so on. Na my only hope be this ooo.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by drdams: 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2021
Guys, I just got ppr and thinking of doing a remed such that my visa ll be valid for another year. Do you think ircc honour unsolicited remed done post ppr

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BabygirlDee: 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2021
MissMa01:

Zero or less than a year

If you want to be selected from the express entry pool you need to get your CRS score as high as possible. No knows One know the next time they will pick people from the pool after picking 27,000+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2q8TVY9zWc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Wendyna: 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2021
joselekas:

I wish you all the best.

I got the ADR on the assessment stage. It immediately moved to DIP on the 8th of feb, when i submitted all additional documents. It was quite surprising to me cus i know a lot of people who used RSA as POF, and non was rejected.

Good thing, we had some additional funds equivalent to the Pensions amount. So I just submitted an updated bank statement. Currently still in DIP. Thanks, and I wish you all the best too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by KsMom: 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2021
i dont understand. the remed will not have any relationship with your account. they didnt request for it and it wouldnt be linked to your account. if you can travel, why wait?

drdams:
Guys, I just got ppr and thinking of doing a remed such that my visa ll be valid for another year. Do you think ircc honour unsolicited remed done post ppr
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oginnite(m): 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Wendyna: 3:02pm On Feb 23, 2021
Mmamaroon:

#JustGuessing
#ICouldBeWrong

Like you rightly said, it's discretioal to the VO. I have a colleague who used almost 40% of his POF from RSA. It was approved. Same IBTC PFA.
It's actually safe to always have a buffer and not rely entirely on the pension funds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.