Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,369 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1365828 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Juliusdaughter: 11:03am On Mar 19, 2021
Good morning people. I worked for a company for 4 years and I have gotten my reference letter and submitted my application.
My issue now is I just found out the name on my letterhead is different from the name the company used to register on CAC, just slightly different tho, and because of this I couldn't find it using the name on my letterhead. The company also doesn't have an online presence. I am worried about this. What's the way forward?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Fordashle: 1:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
ogunsolalola:
Please help needed

I am at a cross road and I don’t know what to do again.

This is with respect to my BSc Verification to WES. WES mentioned they had sent to my school since 5th March. I have been in contact with my school (Registry, Exam and Records) they are saying they haven’t seen the mail. They mentioned they have checked their Spam messages too. I filled the WES form stating all these, atleast maybe they can resend, they mentioned they only resend after 7 whole weeks...HA!

I don’t even know what to do again. Any suggestions or advice will go a long way pls.

Tag them on Twitter and rant about your frustration of their service.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Subalinga: 1:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
Any hope on when IRCC will start issuing PPR again, this never-ending wait is killing me sad cry

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oyukuwife: 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
Hello all
Trust we are well
I want to thank our guiders and everyone else that contributes to the success of this platform
I took the advice to increase my score by earning masters degree at Noun. It is going well, hopefully will be done this year.
I will like to encourage everyone who is trying to increase their score one way or the other, this is the best time to do it, to increase your chances.
It will end in praise
Once covid is over fsw draw will resume.
Thank you all �

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lumley: 3:09pm On Mar 19, 2021
Mmamaroon:

#PersonalOpinion based on the fact that you ALREADY have a valid COPR expiring in October.

Given the COVID impact on IRCC's operations, adding any extra dependents (spouse or children) may involve a delay in hearing back from IRCC, if you decide to have baby here and add him/her to your application. On the other hand, the response may not be delayed, we really don't know for sure.

Alternatively, since you already have COPR why not try applying for an AL on compassionate grounds (medical)....apply now (March) well before baby is due (July) and follow up on a weekly basis (to show how important it is to you). If the AL is approved, then:
* The snag is you must be prepared to land finally and provide proof this......not soft landing.
* The upside is that baby is an immediate citizen, you don't need to worry about getting a response or COPR revalidation or passport for baby in the era of scare booklet or scheduling medicals or saving more money for POF to cover an extra dependent.

Read here for more details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

All the best!

Thank you so much. I didn't think about the AL on compassionate grounds but it is worth trying.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by lumley: 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2021
MissMa01:

Medicals and POF to cover new family size

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by pandora1: 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2021
Hello guys, I hope everyone is doing well. Please I need a favour, kindly send me a link (telegram &WhatsApp grouo) for Manitoba-bound individuals. Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ontariopapa: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2021
Hello everyone,

Is there anyone that has successfully done this and got a PR? Please help me with their names if you know anyone

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olalekan9320(m): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2021
oyukuwife:
Hello all
Trust we are well
I want to thank our guiders and everyone else that contributes to the success of this platform
I took the advice to increase my score by earning masters degree at Noun. It is going well, hopefully will be done this year.
I will like to encourage everyone who is trying to increase their score one way or the other, this is the best time to do it, to increase your chances.
It will end in praise
Thank you all �

Just a piece of advice, register for project as soon as possible and you can even go further to tell the person assigning supervisor to give you a fast one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olalekan9320(m): 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2021
Phemmy2rule:

Please does it have any implication, I am the principal applicant and my wife's date of birth on my EE profile is different from the WES report. I hope it will not bring issues in future. Thank you
It shouldn't be a problem since she isn't the PA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Juliusdaughter: 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2021
Juliusdaughter:
Good morning people. I worked for a company for 4 years and I have gotten my reference letter and submitted my application.
My issue now is I just found out the name on my letterhead is different from the name the company used to register on CAC, just slightly different tho, and because of this I couldn't find it using the name on my letterhead. The company also doesn't have an online presence. I am worried about this. What's the way forward?
Someone pls help me with this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ZaraD: 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2021
Juliusdaughter:

Someone pls help me with this

Most times, they just contact the office so don’t worry yourself so far the contact info on your letter head is legit .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ZaraD: 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ontariopapa:
Hello everyone,

Is there anyone that has successfully done this and got a PR? Please help me with their names if you know anyone

Didn’t work for me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Juliusdaughter: 4:17pm On Mar 19, 2021
ZaraD:

Most times, they just contact the office so don’t worry yourself so far the contact info on your letter head is legit .
Thank you. The phone number and email address of my HR is included in the letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ontariopapa: 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2021
Just to get more clarity are you saying IRCC did not acknowledge it as a professional degree
ZaraD:

Didn’t work for me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Olisa222: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2021
Please how do i reactivate a salary account not in use? its been years i left there, the account is dormant and i have changed my name. Do i have to present statement of account alongside reference letter?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oyukuwife: 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
Hello thanks for your advice, is there a way I can contact you. I don’t know how to send you a personal message
olalekan9320:

Just a piece of advice, register for project as soon as possible and you can even go further to tell the person assigning supervisor to give you a fast one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MayorOfEdmonton: 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2021
Presenting salary statement of account is not a requirement for FSW. As long as u have a reference letter with all necessary details including employer's contact u r fine.

Olisa222:
Please how do i reactivate a salary account not in use? its been years i left there, the account is dormant and i have changed my name. Do i have to present statement of account alongside reference letter?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by angeltolly(f): 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by valves: 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
Subalinga:
Any hope on when IRCC will start issuing PPR again, this never-ending wait is killing me sad cry

The thing is tiring o. How long have you been waiting for?

My AOR was 17th-feb 2020.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Olisa222: 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2021
Thanks
MayorOfEdmonton:
Presenting salary statement of account is not a requirement for FSW. As long as u have a reference letter with all necessary details including employer's contact u r fine.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BenedictStinson(m): 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2021
My current job seems to be listed under NOC type C, Will I still be eligible for express entry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ZaraD: 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ontariopapa:

Just to get more clarity are you saying IRCC did not acknowledge it as a professional degree

Yupp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ZaraD: 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ontariopapa:

Yupp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amaya21: 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2021
Only if you have previous jobs in NOC A, B or 0 over the last ten years. NOC C is ineligible.

BenedictStinson:
My current job seems to be listed under NOC type C, Will I still be eligible for express entry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BenedictStinson(m): 11:13pm On Mar 19, 2021
amaya21:
Only if you have previous jobs in NOC A, B or 0 over the last ten years. NOC C is ineligible.

Are there other avenues I can explore?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chigora: 11:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
Proffessorr:

Computer-delivered test has the functionality of word count in the writing test. So you don’t have to bother about counting the number of words you’ve written per time. Also, you don’t have to worry about an illegible handwriting.

In the reading section of a Computer-delivered test, you save more time as you don’t have to erase wrong answers. You simply click or drag answers on the computer screen.
Also, a large part of the passages are shown on the left hand side of computer screen while the questions are the right hand side. Thus, making it easier for you to quickly search through/navigate.

You can highlight any part of a passage on the computer screen by simply right clicking and selecting the option. So, that benefit is not limited to pen and paper test only.

Hope these few points are helpful.

Please how is the listening section be in computer based. Can you advise someone to take computer based rather than paper based.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Proffessorr: 11:30pm On Mar 19, 2021
chigora:

Please how is the listening section be in computer based. Can you advise someone to take computer based rather than paper based.

For the listening test, depending on your Centre (I can only speak for Mainland Centre at Workforce, Gbagada, Lagos), you’ll be provided a headphone.
In the listening session also, you’ll be given an opportunity to check the sound/volume of the computer before the test commences.
In the same vein, you can simply type all your answers in upper case, so you don’t have to bother about changing from Caps lock.
The availability of system clock is another benefit to test takers.

Overall, I’ll advise anyone to take the computer-delivered IELTS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Subalinga: 11:49pm On Mar 19, 2021
same here, feb 20 2020

valves:

The thing is tiring o. How long have you been waiting for?

My AOR was 17th-feb 2020.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BFWestAfrican: 4:56am On Mar 20, 2021
Check here for what one will a C NOC can do

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/469#99482323

BenedictStinson:

Are there other avenues I can explore?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dulles25: 5:28am On Mar 20, 2021
Ontariopapa:
Hello everyone,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by OvaSabi1(f): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2021
oyukuwife:
Hello all
Trust we are well
It will end in praise
Thank you all �

How long is the NOUN Masters? How much did it cost you and what is the course name

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.