Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1364570 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunpinky(m): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2021
Pls can u post a link to this information. Gracias
extraterestrial:
Accountants please read important information on conversion to CPA Canada especially those considering the ACCA route. Effective 1st May the route to CPA Canada is same as with ICAN as both are IFAC members, you will require exams to get the Canada CPA as an ACA or ACCA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Pleasant19: 12:03am On Apr 09, 2021
seunpinky:
Pls can u post a link to this information. Gracias

No link but I can corroborate this information. My husband is an ACCA member and he received an email this morning that ACCA will no longer have MRA with CPA starting May 1st.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by forgiven505: 1:02am On Apr 09, 2021
Hello all,

Forgive me if this my issue is long. Want to give as much details as possible for the best assistance.

Hoping to get some further guidance/advise as I’m feeling quite hopeless right now regarding my express entry process.

I’ve spent a couple of weeks going through this thread and although it’s given me a bit of hope, I’m still feeling quite sad.

I just started my Canadian journey and my CRS is only 442 sad. My profile:
35 years single female (soon to be 36 in a few months), no child.
Masters degree
6 plus years working experience
IELTS- R7 L8.5 W7 S8

I don’t have any family or friends in Canada. I only have a few former work colleagues who I’m not close to. My NOC is not in demand (Human Resources).

I’ve explored the various provinces but all require ties to Canada like a family member. I have none. I still put forward EOI to Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan but I’m not hopeful because both have that ties to Canada clause. I tried Manitoba but it didn’t even allow me to submit my profile without a family tie. What do I do? So I just wait and pray? When I turn 36, my score will reduce to 437. Even worse. I asked someone and they said I should learn French. At this my old age, it’s not really looking possible and I was told that realistically it would take me about 18 months to learn French and do the exam to get the adequate scores. It’s like I should just give up without the family ties.

Please what next? I would also appreciate joining WhatsApp groups for Canada immigration.

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 1:19am On Apr 09, 2021
forgiven505:
Hello all,

Forgive me if this my issue is long. Want to give as much details as possible for the best assistance.

Hoping to get some further guidance/advise as I’m feeling quite hopeless right now regarding my express entry process.

I’ve spent a couple of weeks going through this thread and although it’s given me a bit of hope, I’m still feeling quite sad.

Masters degree
IELTS- R7 L8.5 W7 S8

I don’t have any family or friends in Canada. I only have a few former work colleagues who I’m not close to. My NOC is not in demand (Human Resources).

I’ve explored the various provinces but all require ties to Canada like a family member. I have none. I still put forward EOI to Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan but I’m not hopeful because both have that ties to Canada clause. I tried Manitoba but it didn’t even allow me to submit my profile without a family tie. What do I do? So I just wait and pray? When I turn 36, my score will reduce to 437. Even worse. I asked someone and they said I should learn French. At this my old age, it’s not really looking possible and I was told that realistically it would take me about 18 months to learn French and do the exam to get the adequate scores. It’s like I should just give up without the family ties.

Please what next? I would also appreciate joining WhatsApp groups for Canada immigration.

Many thanks
french is your best bet. Those who did it dont have two heads. Or stay in the pool and hope for miracle.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:28am On Apr 09, 2021
forgiven505:
Hello all,

Many thanks

Someone on this platform achieved French at 38, and that also gave me the inspiration and hope that it could be done.

So don't let your age put you down but let your end goal to inspire you to succeed. Although it will take around 6 months to learn French to attain the level needed for TEF and still need like 2 months for a very serious test preparation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by EyinjuGod(f): 5:15am On Apr 09, 2021
Good morning group members,

Can a graduate student in a Canadian University use Teaching Assistant as part time job while applying for PR?
Considering the fact that the working hours per week is equivalent to the required weekly working hours.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunpinky(m): 5:53am On Apr 09, 2021
Okay.. thanks for the clarification

Pleasant19:

No link but I can corroborate this information. My husband is an ACCA member and he received an email this morning that ACCA will no longer have MRA with CPA starting May 1st.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Chriswazo(m): 5:56am On Apr 09, 2021
Chriswazo:

Hello,

Please what do you mean by the 2nd option of 3years doing the same role.

Is 3years the minimum years of experience eligible? I don't get it.

Please can someone respond Sto this? The person that brought up this confusion for me have refused responding
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jjkumar: 6:09am On Apr 09, 2021
ZIKEYBOY11:

Thanks, I appreciate.

Could you pls provide me more details on hot to go about ext.ng sending the transcript on my behalf? I already applied for it in school. Thanks
Hi, just go to their website etx.ng and navigate through it to get to where you see option of DELIVERY SERVICE ONLY. Fill your details and make payment of 5050 after which a DDR CODE will be sent to you . Wait for around 24hrs or less for the code to be activated after which a mail regarding that will be sent to you. You will forward this mail containing the code to your school , they knw how to go about it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by babakb: 6:17am On Apr 09, 2021
forgiven505:
Hello all,

Masters degree
IELTS- R7 L8.5 W7 S8

Many thanks

Learning French is your only option, we are in a similar situation, mine is even worst because I'm 37 years now, in the past 3 months I've been bursting my asss with French basic classes angry angry angry

Learning French and passing TEF gives you so many options to Canada regardless of your age.

You're still single, Alternatively you can marry a Canadian man and immigrate easily grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Deee19: 6:32am On Apr 09, 2021
Hello all,

I hope the day is going on well

Please I have some questions about police report.

I left the UK on the 25 November and my Police report was created same day but printed 27 November( these are the dates on the police certificate)

Also, the police report was sent to an address in UK, hence the address showing on the police report is not my current address in Nigeria.

Can all these affect my PR application

Thank you for your reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by CAstruggle(m): 6:36am On Apr 09, 2021
Hi Everyone,

It's been over 3years since myself and my spouse moved to Canada. It's been a life changing experience for us. This Nairaland forum was very helpful to us in our application process. While alot of things have changed since then I will like to encourage everyone else still in the process of moving over to Canada. It has been a life changing experience for us... we have achieved what we won't have achieved in 20years in Nigeria under 3years. Canada is a great place.

If any of you have questions feel free to reachout to me. I will respond as time permits.

Most Nigerians here are doing great. There's no reason to give up. In this society you write you life goals and watch them come to life... no spiritual warfare with village people. The society

Also, we have a fully furnished 2 bedroom airbnb/short term rental unit to help for anyone landing in Canada �� and doesn't have a place to stay or know anyone. PLEASE Note it's not for free - Located in London, Ontario - It's a cheaper city compared to Toronto and has a good number of Nigerians living there. It's only 1hr 45min from GTA. - ALSO this will be based on availability but will give preference to people moving from Nigeria here. As I know how uncertain and difficult it can be moving here initially.

[img][/img]

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ejay(f): 8:31am On Apr 09, 2021
forgiven505:
Hello all,

Masters degree
IELTS- R7 L8.5 W7 S8

Many thanks

You don't have to give up, learning french at this your supposed old age is quite feasible, I read somewhere on this Canadian thread of a guy in his forties who had to learn french from the basis, wrote and passed TEF, I think he has even gotten his PPR.
I'm a single lady like you also, I couldn't go through FSW cos of age, I had to go through PNP, fortunately I got SINP ITA in 2019, applied and finally got nominated in Sept 2020, currently waiting for my golden mail. If you have up to 10 years working experience, register for an EOI in SINP, your points should be 68 or 69 , you could be very lucky they might draw and include those with 10 years experience with 68/69 points.

Nevertheless do not loose hope, learn the french, and still explore other options, wish you the best.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Belle35: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2021
You're still single, Alternatively you can marry a Canadian man and immigrate easily grin grin grin[/quote]

Abeg where we go find Canadian man biko, me sef I am single and really wish to marry a Canadian o

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Unstoppableymx(m): 9:20am On Apr 09, 2021
Thank you so much, I appreciate

BFWestAfrican:
Generally, If an entreprise employs, it is assumed that it is legally able to do so.
The screenshot is what IRCC says about proof of employment. As you can see date of company incorporation is not a required information. So whatever I write here, please consider it a personal opinion based on my limited knowledge.

1- The first question to ask is if the company is willing to provide a letter with all the requested details. If the business was not registered then, I assume your wife was not paid via wire transfer. Then the mode of salary payment should be stated in the letter and this can be accompanied with a cash salary certificate (See page 1 for sample).
2- IRCC sometimes goes about searching for a company online. Do you know if the company has an online presence?
3- Sometimes, IRCC can send a mail to the email shown in the letter requesting confirmation of the details. I am not aware that date of company registration is asked. If a question is not asked, no need for the company saying anything on it.
4- Is your CRS high enough that you won't need a PNP? This is because some PNP nomination is one area people have had to provide company registration documents.

So, in essence the decision is yours. When you apply, whatever the outcome, do come back and share your experience so we all learn more.

All the best.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 9:23am On Apr 09, 2021
forgiven505:
Hello all,

Masters degree
IELTS- R7 L8.5 W7 S8

Many thanks

1. TEF- prepare and write the exam. Additional point is 45.

2. Marriage: younger guy (below 30), who can ace IELTS and currently have Masters/2 degrees + 3 years experience. He will be the primary applicant. Additional points unknown, but can't be less than 30.

3. Sponsor a sibling to Canada. 15 additional points. This will cover the waiting period.

4. Go for MBA or a 1 or 2 year Diploma program in Canada. Additional point will be 15.

5. Rewrite IELTS as you are about achieving any/2 of the option(s) above. You need to get L- 8.5, R- 8, W- 7.5 S- 7.5. Remember IELTS result expires after 2 years, so rewrite when things are almost set. Additional point is 6.

Now, choose your struggles cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 9:42am On Apr 09, 2021
Deee19:
Hello all,

I left the UK on the 25 November and my Police report was created same day but printed 27 November( these are the dates on the police certificate)

Also, the police report was sent to an address in UK, hence the address showing on the police report is not my current address in Nigeria.

Thank you for your reply

Read here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

The police report for a country you no longer live in should be ISSUED AFTER the last time you were there FOR 6 MONTHS OR MORE IN A ROW......I assume you had been there for 6 months straight before Nov 25.

In my personal opinion, you may be safer if you left more time between when you left and when you requested for the PCC. I don't know if a UK address has any bearing, I suspect it may also be safer if the PCC has your current address.

#PersonalOpinion....please request for another one....that's what I would do. I wouldn't want to get rejected for something that costs less than 100pounds. Your call though.

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police-Certificates-FAQs

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lagoscooldude: 9:58am On Apr 09, 2021
forgiven505:
Hello all,

Masters degree
IELTS- R7 L8.5 W7 S8

Many thanks
We're almost in the same shoes I think just that I'll be 32 in June. My NOC is Human Resources too. However, contrary to what you think, Human Resources is actually an in-demand occupation in Ontario and I think a few provinces too (Can't remember which precisely now). In the last 2 Human Capital Stream draws Ontario did, they invited Human Resources folks with CRS scores between 465 and 467 I think. Weirdly, I didn't get an invite cos my CRS score is 470.

Keep the hope alive, keep pushing and take TEF if you can. I'm considering that already cos I'll lose 5 points in June and with the recent surge in covid-19 cases again, I don't see an FSW draw happening anytime soon. Laslas, all of us go chop breakfast.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Deee19: 10:13am On Apr 09, 2021
GraciousWords:

Read here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

The police report for a country you no longer live in should be ISSUED AFTER the last time you were there FOR 6 MONTHS IN A ROW......I assume you had been there for 6 months straight before Nov 25.

In my personal opinion, you may be safer if you left more time between when you left and when you requested for the PCC. I don't know if a UK address has any bearing, I suspect it may also safer if it reads your current address.

#PersonalOpinion....please request for another one....that's what I would do. I wouldn't want to get rejected for something that costs less than 100pounds. Your call though.

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police-Certificates-FAQs

All the best!

Thank you very much. I really appreciate. Do you advice I request for the Police report now or wait till when Canada release a Federal Draw
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 10:19am On Apr 09, 2021
forgiven505:
Hello all,

Masters degree
IELTS- R7 L8.5 W7 S8

What do I do? So I just wait and pray? When I turn 36, my score will reduce to 437. Even worse. I asked someone and they said I should learn French. At this my old age, it’s not really looking possible and I was told that realistically it would take me about 18 months to learn French and do the exam to get the adequate scores.

Many thanks

You have got a lot of great advice already. Let me just add:

1) You'll need to psych yourself to learn French and take the TEF exams but you can definitely do it, even if you do not get your desired scores at first sitting.

2) Next, consider the additional scores.....if you completely smash the exam like a G it adds 74 points to you....6 for each competence LRWS and 50 bonus points, although most people aim for 62 points (3 for each competence and 50 bonus). Read here: https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/81#86382925

3) Even if IRCC do not resume FSW but continue with PNP, with French you still come out ahead because Ontario have a French Speakers Programme where you can get nominated if you update French as your first language and you have at least CLB 7 in the 4 competences (French as a first language will drop your CRS considerably but this will not matter because you have the Ontario nomination in mind). They just sent out NOIs in March 2021 and successful guys who receive a PNP nomination will get ITA once 600 points are added to them. Read up on that here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-french-speaking-skilled-worker-stream

Other provinces have extra scores for French too...Sasks, New Brunswick, PEI...

4) You may also want to consider redoing IELTS and collecting the 6 points you left on the table like someone already suggested.

Please carefully read through the TEF thread for resources and ginger:
https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration#70227147

People in their 30s in Nigeria and abroad are taking or have taken TEF for Canada...you CAN do it too!

"Zero to Hero" stories are plenty on the TEF thread but this one will inspire you (37 yr old working mum, nursing mum, Nigerian mum): https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ray-of-hope-131st-draw.663931/post-8312566

#Team50BonusPoints

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 10:21am On Apr 09, 2021
Deee19:

Thank you very much. I really appreciate. Do you advice I request for the Police report now or wait till when Canada release a Federal Draw

You could wait till ITA, they turn their PCCs around pretty quickly......especially if you pay 95pounds for expedited service.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 09, 2021
Belle35:

You're still single, Alternatively you can marry a Canadian man and immigrate easily grin grin grin

Abeg where we go find Canadian man biko, me sef I am single and really wish to marry a Canadian o
grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Gabem: 11:33am On Apr 09, 2021
Thanks
elijah101:
sir what do you want to upgrade to again ... Ahhh ... they have explained to you .. but you want to spend money .. oya spend
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Gabem: 11:35am On Apr 09, 2021
many thanks
Naughtyvirgin:
You don't need to upgrade again, since you already got a placement for two or more certificate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ahmedgafar7(m): 11:37am On Apr 09, 2021
my people does NYSC play any role in this process, especially for a pharmacist. I’m asking in case you choose not to serve.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rastaraj: 12:07pm On Apr 09, 2021
pls I want to know if I can apply for express entry with 6.0 overall band score in IELTS which include 5.5 in reading section.pls anybody that can help with right information?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by valves: 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2021
Deee19:
Hello all,

Thank you for your reply

Modified.

The delivery address does not matter. My police report was delivered to a friend's address in the UK who then sent a scanned copy to me. However, the residential address on your PCC should be the same as your current address in Nigeria for consistency. Also, the timing of the Police report can become an issue later since it was issued the same day you left.

I would advise you to apply for another one just so that you won't have anything to worry about. It is the safest thing to do IMO.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
valves:

The Address does not matter at all. My police report was delivered to a friend's address in the UK who then sent a scanned copy to me.

I suspect the address he/she is worried about is the applicant's address at application (the one we need to provide a proof of address for using bank statement for example), rather than the address where we want the PCC delivered (which can be anywhere).

I may be mistaken though.

@ Deee19
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by valves: 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2021
GraciousWords:

I suspect the address he/she is worried about is the applicant's address at application (the one we need to provide a proof of address for using bank statement for example), rather than the address where we want the PCC delivered (which can be anywhere).

I may be mistaken though.

@ Deee19

Yeah, you're right.

The address on the PCC should correspond with your current address in Nigeria for consistency. The delivery address does not matter.

My apologies if I misled anyone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2021
rastaraj:
pls I want to know if I can apply for express entry with 6.0 overall band score in IELTS which include 5.5 in reading section.pls anybody that can help with right information?
the answer is on page 1. You cant apply with 5.5 in a module

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mimini: 3:47pm On Apr 09, 2021
Good day house, please I need detailed advice on this. If I sell my land and a car to complete my proof of fund, what document(s) can I use to proof the sudden money in my account? Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.