Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,847 members, 7,817,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1363773 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RealVictor: 10:48pm On May 06, 2021
Kolizomanizo:
Very correct..they have received it. Status will change again soon..keep calm.

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ObianujuEgo: 7:08am On May 07, 2021
For those still preparing for IELTS, you can subscribe to Amara & Khene. They have lots of ielts videos materials that will guide you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGQBKcQmB4A

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by toastadeola: 7:20am On May 07, 2021
Been trying to view my IELTS results, nothing is coming up. I wrote on 24th April 2021 MOD. please of you wrote on 24th April and you have been able to view your results, please signify. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 10:12am On May 07, 2021
I wrote with MOD same date and I was able to view my results by 4am. You can try again
toastadeola:
Been trying to view my IELTS results, nothing is coming up. I wrote on 24th April 2021 MOD. please of you wrote on 24th April and you have been able to view your results, please signify. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:27am On May 07, 2021
toastadeola:

Make sure you put your first name and Middle name before Surname. You will be good

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Uzland: 10:58am On May 07, 2021
Mayniaa:

Bro I don't think that will be possible, I'm still an undergraduate with no work experience, filing a positive LMIA will be hard, which other way can i can get in?
There's a way out for you, bro - study Visa, if he can sponsor you for that. You could go for a one-year foundation program. But please, bro, I need that work permit opportunity. Abeg!cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by taioo: 11:10am On May 07, 2021
Good morning all, please have beenbtrying to get feedback from wes on the price of getting my certificate assessed, how to pay and how to contact my school for the past few weeks UYO. I have registered with them.
I would appreciate quick reply
Also, i would be 40 next year, hop it will not affect my point?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Uzland: 11:19am On May 07, 2021
Mayniaa:

Ooh alright then. Maybe the graduate programme will do then, but how do I go about it.
Also I study food science and technology here but I want to do psychology in the graduate programme, is that possible?
Why don't you consider a course that's more lucrative there, like health professions?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:24am On May 07, 2021
taioo:
Good morning all, please have beenbtrying to get feedback from wes on the price of getting my certificate assessed, how to pay and how to contact my school for the past few weeks UYO. I have registered with them.
I would appreciate quick reply
Also, i would be 40 next year, hop it will not affect my point?

read page one to see how it work, use the crs tool to simulate your points. And yes 40 will lead to low scores. You need french or pray you qualify for province nomination
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SpicyMimi(f): 11:42am On May 07, 2021
Good morning..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by portablesuzy: 11:44am On May 07, 2021
Good day house if someone has aa nomination from a province which automaatically gives u 600points do u still need to do the ielts exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 11:46am On May 07, 2021
portablesuzy:
Good day house if someone has aa nomination from a province which automaatically gives u 600points do u still need to do the ielts exam

You need the IELTS exam to get the provincial nomination in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 11:47am On May 07, 2021
SpicyMimi:
Good morning fam, Please how long does it takes to get Provincial nomination? Considering this due to IELTS CLB 7

Your question is not clear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SpicyMimi(f): 12:07pm On May 07, 2021
icehot:

Your question is not clear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 12:11pm On May 07, 2021
portablesuzy:

Lol.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abdulslutsky(m): 12:23pm On May 07, 2021
Wheww cry.

Gap between 7.5 and 8 in listening is a very wide one. Distraught right now. CRS 412. Wtf
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 12:25pm On May 07, 2021
SpicyMimi:

I’m considering applying for provincial nomination to get High points since my IELTS is CLB band 7 and this got my CRS low.

If I applied now, how long will it take for one to get nominated to a province ?

It depends on what province you are applying to. Most provinces pick candidate who are already in the express entry pool.

I think you can apply directly to Saskatchewan province but you will need more points (higher IELTS band, masters, relative/connections to the province and/or job offer) to get high points. Out of a 100 points for SINP, you need to be getting like 70 above to be given NOI. It takes about 4 months, but covid might cause some delays.

For Ontario, they pick from the express entry pool according to their needs in the province, so you cannot apply directly to them. They have not launched their Expression of Interest system unlike Saskatchewan. Theirs take about 3 months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 12:31pm On May 07, 2021
SpicyMimi:
I studied Accountancy in school, but never worked fully as an Accountant but worked in the Administrative department for many years.

Will my work experience be considered related to Accountancy ?

They have a separate NOC for administrative work. You should use that which you have experience in and can show proof.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SpicyMimi(f): 12:39pm On May 07, 2021
icehot:

It depends on what province you are applying to. Most provinces pick candidate who are already in the express entry pool.

I think you can apply directly to Saskatchewan province but you will need more points (higher IELTS band, masters, relative/connections to the province and/or job offer) to get high points. Out of a 100 points for SINP, you need to be getting like 70 above to be given NOI. It takes about 4 months, but covid might cause some delays.

For Ontario, they pick from the express entry pool according to their needs in the province, so you cannot apply directly to them. They have not launched their Expression of Interest system unlike Saskatchewan. Theirs take about 3 months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SpicyMimi(f): 12:40pm On May 07, 2021
icehot:

They have a separate NOC for administrative work. You should use that which you have experience in and can show proof.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 12:42pm On May 07, 2021
SpicyMimi:

Thank you so much, really appreciate your response.
I actually checked my eligibility and point was 78, I guess this is due to having a relative in that province.

You're welcome. Give it a shot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SpicyMimi(f): 1:00pm On May 07, 2021
icehot:

You're welcome. Give it a shot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 07, 2021
SpicyMimi:
Good morning fam, Please how long does it takes to get Provincial nomination? Considering this due to IELTS CLB 7
no defined time frame. You may get it in a month or 6 months, you may also not get any nomination too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Stepup05: 1:44pm On May 07, 2021
For those looking to get up to an extra 20 CRS points with a second degree in 4 weeks send me a message.

Note: You must have a bachelor's degree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SpicyMimi(f): 2:05pm On May 07, 2021
Lagbaja88:
no defined time frame. You may get it in a month or 6 months, you may also not get any nomination too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by LearnerForLife: 2:23pm On May 07, 2021
Good afternoon everyone.

Please I need help with this. My husband is trying to pay for his WES evaluation from Accra, Ghana to no avail. He has tried some of the banks there like Republic Bank (formerly HFC bank), Ecobank and Zenith bank prepaid mastercard to no avail.

For the Republic Bank and Ecobank, he has accounts there but for Zenith bank, he only got a prepaid mastercard. He tried opening a dollar account but apparaently you need the account number of WES to be able to pay directly from Dollar accounts.

The option for direct transfer actually comes up in Ghana but not in Nigeria when I tried paying. However, since the first time the option came up, it has not come up since. So even though he has a dollar account, he can't make a transfer to WES because the option for bank transfer payment has not come up again.

Please if anyone has gone through this before, kindly advise on which option to use to pay for the evaluation.

Thank you.

Further questions-

What if I pay for the evaluation here in Nigeria? That is I log on to his WES account and pay. Would they accept the payment being that the name on my card and the name of the WES are different names?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Happyfellow147: 2:28pm On May 07, 2021
Hello everyone I'm about starting this journey. I have simulated my score without my husband (we are not going together, he'd join afterwards) and it's about 440 if I max out my IELTS.
What can I do to improve my scores?
I'm a Chartered Accountant- Ican, have about 6 years of experience. No Msc.
Must I go through the study route?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nymphomaniac(m): 2:40pm On May 07, 2021
Happyfellow147:
Hello everyone I'm about starting this journey. I have simulated my score without my husband (we are not going together, he'd join afterwards) and it's about 440 if I max out my IELTS.
What can I do to improve my scores?
I'm a Chartered Accountant- Ican, have about 6 years of experience. No Msc.
Must I go through the study route?
prepare for and take the French exam TEF. GOOD LUCK
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by specialguest(f): 2:41pm On May 07, 2021
Hello, for those that have written IELTS in Abuja please which test center is better in terms of effectiveness BETWEEN BC and MOD.

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.