Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1358841 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by SasaEnitan: 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
Anyone know if the diplomas at icm.education count towards this requirement and has attempted to evaluate this by WES?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by skedemi(m): 7:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
crespo67:
Hi skedemi
Sorry I may have misinformed you in my earlier post. Hair stylist is under NOC B. I guess the rest is for her to get a reference letter from her clients

Great. So if I get you well, all she needs is to tender her business registration certificate (it was obtained this year tho) and also get reference letters from two or three clients?
Does the above prove her previous work experiences as a self employed hair stylist?

Many thanks for your time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by drail400(m): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Princessayot:

The program I know about is PGD 120 credit for 6-9 months. A bit expensive though if you can afford it but it’s for 2 or more certificate not Masters

I said nothing about online Masters..... I said professional masters have shorter duration...

Here is a link of professional masters offered by University of Ibadan..

https://www.myschooltrick.com/lists-of-professional-masters-in-centre/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Osama10(m): 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
Remicynt:
Please i want to ask a question about sinp
The company i work pays our tax on our behalf, i was thinking of submitting the tax receipt of d company as a government issued document to show my work experience, can i suffuse C's i dont av a pension fund at all.
Also am being paid in cash can i use cash salary certificate and attach it with my payslips.

Please i need the seniors in the house...

Tell your company to give you their latest Tax Certificate.

A LOE stating that your tax was collected at source (meaning your tax was collected before your salary was paid to you).

Yes you can use the cash salary together with the payslips for the last 6 months of your employment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
skedemi:
Hello guys, my spouse is an hair stylist and she has HND in microbiology and also she has 1 year experience as a lab assistant and over 4 years experience in hair styling as she works independently.
So I discovered if I make her the PA with our IELTS scores, our CRS score is 472. So I want to ask if the 4 years experience in hair styling is acceptable and what kind of proof would be needed to back it up?

Thanks guys

Pls read screen shot below. Also the links in this post might be helpful:

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/359#86521537

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mrsc22: 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
Technically she has only 2 years experience. 1yr lab and 1yr registered business. The period Business wasn’t registered wont count. Except if she was working for another company during that period.

skedemi:

Great. So if I get you well, all she needs is to tender her business registration certificate (it was obtained this year tho) and also get reference letters from two or three clients?
Does the above prove her previous work experiences as a self employed hair stylist?

Many thanks for your time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
listowell:

grin unilag diploma, NOUN, Nacetem.
I can evaluate my unilag diploma ? For real ? I didn’t know this . Thank you for this information. With my law degree and masters I have a high point but once I add spouse it goes down
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
Debbieeeeeee:

I can evaluate my unilag diploma ? For real ? I didn’t know this . Thank you for this information. With my law degree and masters I have a high point but once I add spouse it goes down
Okay. If you're the same holder, evaluate only Masters with WES or LLB with IQAS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Naaomi(f): 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
Why would you want to evaluate your diploma if you already have a masters/law degree?
Debbieeeeeee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Naaomi:
Why would you want to evaluate your diploma if you already have a masters/law degree?
My husband is older and has a Bsc Only , so I’m just trying to explore all avenues to gain extra points if I can. I never knew this diploma will even be useful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
listowell:

Okay. If you're the same holder, evaluate only Masters with WES or LLB with IQAS.
Yes I’m the same holder, my husband has a Bsc and is very close to 40 but I’m below 30, I’m going to have two years experience of working by October , so in terms of working experience I’m not really advantaged.
If this Diploma can help me out I don’t mind adding to the list of docs to evaluate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
Debbieeeeeee:

Yes I’m the same holder, my husband has a Bsc and is very close to 40 but I’m below 30, I’m going to have two years experience of working by October , so in terms of working experience I’m not really advantaged.
If this Diploma can help me out I don’t mind adding to the list of docs to evaluate
Did you even read what Naaomi and I said? Go to page 1s, please.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
listowell:

Did you even read what Naaomi and I said? Go to page 1s, please.
Yes I did read and I’ve been reading sparingly over the months , but I got tad bit confused when I saw the diploma option.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by babajust: 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
Debbieeeeeee:

Yes I did read and I’ve been reading sparingly over the months , but I got tad bit confused when I saw the diploma option.
Since you already have Masters, your diploma won't add any points. Diploma is only handy for someone who has just BSc. Work on upping your work experience to 3 years and with a good IELTS result, you are good to go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
Debbieeeeeee:

Maybe you need a consultant.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
babajust:
Since you already have Masters, your diploma won't add any points. Diploma is only handy for someone who has just BSc. Work on upping your work experience to 3 years and with a good IELTS result, you are good to go.
Thank you very much for your explicit response kiss, I got confused when I saw someone with Bsc talking about Diploma. I’ve booked IELTS for next month for myself and spouse. Hopefully I get to 3 years next year on my job and I’ll be good to go but right now I used the tool and got 472. My husband has a sibling in Canada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by meetme01: 11:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
drail400:

I said nothing about online Masters..... I said professional masters have shorter duration...

Here is a link of professional masters offered by University of Ibadan..

https://www.myschooltrick.com/lists-of-professional-masters-in-centre/

NO, it doesn't. I did my Professional Master's in UI. It's the same time frame, just departmental swiftness. You get admitted the same year and graduate same year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by babajust: 12:49am On Aug 30, 2020
Debbieeeeeee:

Thank you very much for your explicit response kiss, I got confused when I saw someone with Bsc talking about Diploma. I’ve booked IELTS for next month for myself and spouse. Hopefully I get to 3 years next year on my job and I’ll be good to go but right now I used the tool and got 472. My husband has a sibling in Canada
With good ielts score(max out), masters, age under 30, sibling in Canada and 2 years work experience will get you to 472 which is a good score. You might not even need to complete up to 3 years experience before you get ITA. Cheers!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacko01: 1:19am On Aug 30, 2020
Hello, please my wife is going to he put as non accompanying spouse. Please what valid reasons can i give if asked why she is non accompanying. I applied and open work permit for her January 25 this year. But corona came, till now no update. So i want to align my valid reasons with the work permit i applied for her. Will stating that I put her non accompanying to get into the pool be a valid enough reason.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Stevewonder(m): 1:56am On Aug 30, 2020
The link helped, thanks a lot boss. God help you too

Mamaroon:

Regarding student work experience

Work experience gained while you were studying may count towards your minimum requirements if the work:
*was paid by wages or commissions
*was continuous (no gaps in employment), and
*meets all the other requirements of the FSW program

Pls read here for more details:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:51am On Aug 30, 2020
babajust:
With good ielts score(max out), masters, age under 30, sibling in Canada and 2 years work experience will get you to 472 which is a good score. You might not even need to complete up to 3 years experience before you get ITA. Cheers!!
Thank you so much , I used the tool too and got 472 , the recent scores from the draw made me a bit skeptical .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 30, 2020
Jacko01:
Hello, please my wife is going to he put as non accompanying spouse. Please what valid reasons can i give if asked why she is non accompanying. I applied and open work permit for her January 25 this year. But corona came, till now no update. So i want to align my valid reasons with the work permit i applied for her. Will stating that I put her non accompanying to get into the pool be a valid enough reason.
work permit? Where are you now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 30, 2020
Mrsc22:
Technically she has only 2 years experience. 1yr lab and 1yr registered business. The period Business wasn’t registered wont count. Except if she was working for another company during that period.

Does this also apply to a case where a person has been working for a company for more than 3 years but the company got registered last year?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ifymor: 6:47am On Aug 30, 2020
Hi, I also got my ITA July 8, should be submitting this week.
doctorseven:
Recently got ITA on July 8 and about to submit my application.

I will like to hook up with others who recently got ITA or just submitted their application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mrsc22: 7:16am On Aug 30, 2020
No, it doesn’t. IRCC won’t ask for your employers Cac documents. The standard reference letter serves.

Dandilion:

Does this also apply to a case where a person has been working for a company for more than 3 years but the company got registered last year?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rs172(m): 7:23am On Aug 30, 2020
Good morning everyone, please can someone help me with the link of migration to canada �� for people with these skills, Furniture makers, plumbers, mason..

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 30, 2020
rs172:
Good morning everyone, please can someone help me with the link of migration to canada �� for people with these skills, Furniture makers, plumbers, mason..

Thanks
problem is you need to be in Canada already to be able to take the licensing exams.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rs172(m): 9:17am On Aug 30, 2020
Kekereekun123:
problem is you need to be in Canada already to be able to take the licensing exams.

I want to send it to one of ny uncle as he is a mason (bricklayer) he has his Cac certificate, he wants to move to canada through the route, the thread was once on the travel section, but i can't seem to find it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rs172(m): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2020
Kekereekun123:

But he will process the visa from Nigeria right?
And when he gets there, he will do his licensing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 30, 2020
rs172:

But he will process the visa from Nigeria right?
And when he gets there, he will do his licensing?
must have a job offer or license from Canada to qualify for federal skilled trades route. Only grace of God can secure someone a job offer from Nigeria in that field of his.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Juoflife1(f): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2020
Pls is a "live-in housekeeper" skilled job? If not, How do I go about the process if I get that type of work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by saskatoonguy: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2020
WES should give you your result Tommorow or Wednesday, Aftert that you can upgrade, you would be required to pay a fee to do this. but i guess the BCS evaluation is faster. Congratultions once again.

DID YOU USE E2LANGUAGE FOR YOUR IELTS PREP?
Dandilion:
In the spirit of celebrating every milestone, I passed my BCS!!!!! First and last attempt. I've been on a high since I checked, I'm so thankful to God cz eh no be by my power especially for someone with zero IT background.
I passed my IELTS as well. Got L 9, and the rest 7.5. To God be the glory.

Wes coincidentally sent me a mail today estimating my report to be out on September 25th but now I want to add a second credential, I'm guessing the date would be moved? Or will I be getting two reports?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.