Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1358973 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Agapemade: 2:32am On Oct 01, 2020
ADVICE URGENTLY NEEDED!!!

Please my seniors in the house, kindly advice me. I am the principal applicant and we are considering applying with the 'spouse not accompanying' option. We are aware that this doesn't change the required POF for our family size, but just that my CRS is higher if my spouse is not accompanying (476) as opposed to 465 if he is accompanying (his ielts was a bit low).

We just need advice about the pros and cons of following this option. I clock 31 in December and will be loosing 5 points if I don't get ITA before then.

Kindly advice please. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 01, 2020
Agapemade:

Please my seniors in the house, kindly advice me. I am the principal applicant and we are considering applying with the 'spouse not accompanying' option. We are aware that this doesn't change the required POF for our family size, but just that my CRS is higher if my spouse is not accompanying (476) as opposed to 465 if he is accompanying (his ielts was a bit low).

We just need advice about the pros and cons of following this option. I clock 31 in December and will be loosing 5 points if I don't get ITA before then.

Losing 5 points could be your undoing. Let him retake the English test (possible 20pts wrt L8.0|R7.0|W7.0|S7.0), if togetherness as a family all time means a lot to guys. If not, go with the spouse unaccompanying option.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Annettevoke(f): 3:50am On Oct 01, 2020
M
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rume(m): 5:00am On Oct 01, 2020
Agapemade:

You'd lose 6 points when you turn 31 not 5, and by then, your 465 would be...well you do the calculation.
He needs to take the test again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Allegory(f): 5:48am On Oct 01, 2020
Giesselle:

Congrats, you are Brave and I hope everything works out well for you.

I made the post below in August:
I just received my IELTS results and I don't know how to feel
Listening- 9
Writing -7.5
Speaking- 7.5 (I am grateful for this because the speaking experience was a night mare. It was around 7pm on the test date and I was drained.)

Reading- 7.5 . This is my dilemma. I am disappointed and surprised. During practice at home my scores were 40- 38. Then seeing a 7.5=36 has demoralised me.

Should I rewrite another IELTS?
Stimulated score with 7.5 reading = 471
With 8 in reading = 474

So, I re-wrote IELTS and my result came in today. It's unfortunate that this is not an I maxed it all story **sniffes*

I didn't get ITA with my 471- tie breaker.

And my 2nd result is:
L- 9
R- 8.5
S- 7.5
W- 7

I feel bad, but not as bad as I felt in my first attempt.

I hope it's all worth it at the end.
The mental impact of this process (for some) is something else.

End of rant.
Awww I really thought you were going to get ITA yesterday. Sorry. If you're not losing any points to birthday yet, i think you should just chill for now. Your 471 is too high not to get an ITA soon.

For me, we have a simulated score of 472 but Wes is just sitting on my spouse's evaluation for weeks now, plus his ielts results isn't out yet so we totally missed this draw and I'm going to lose precious five points by my birthday in October ending
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MayorOfEdmonton: 5:49am On Oct 01, 2020
You remove sentiments from this ur advice ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Saying it exactly the way it is...Lol

listowell:

Losing 5 points could be your undoing. Let him retake the English test (possible 20pts wrt L8.0|R7.0|W7.0|S7.0), if togetherness as a family all time means a lot to guys. If not, go with the spouse unaccompanying option.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by joselekas(m): 6:07am On Oct 01, 2020
Hello Seniors,

Please kindly help me with this POF issue bothering me. First let me give some background info.

CRS: 464 (with wife accompanying)
IELTS: L8 R7.5 W7.5 S7.5
IELTS (Wife): L7 R7 W6.5 S7
We have both done ECA at Masters level.
NOC: 2174. Our target is OINP tech draw.

To the main issue: We are a family of 4 and planning for POF of $24,083 ~ #7,000,000. I have #6,000,000 already invested in Treasury Bills and I have been thinking of how to raise additional #1.5m to be on the safe side. My question is can we use our pension scheme savings. My wife and I both have over #1m in our contributory pension. I heard one can use 25% of it. How true is this?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Agapemade: 6:25am On Oct 01, 2020
Thanks for your response

You'd lose 6 points when you turn 31 not 5, and by then, your 465 would be...well you do the calculation.
He needs to take the test again.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adeptonlin(m): 7:53am On Oct 01, 2020
Yes, you can use 25%of ur pension.

joselekas:
Hello Seniors,

Please kindly help me with this POF issue bothering me. First let me give some background info.

To the main issue: We are a family of 4 and planning for POF of $24,083 ~ #7,000,000. I have #6,000,000 already invested in Treasury Bills and I have been thinking of how to raise additional #1.5m to be on the safe side. My question is can we use our pension scheme savings. My wife and I both have over #1m in our contributory pension. I heard one can use 25% of it. How true is this?

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sissyborlahdey(f): 7:58am On Oct 01, 2020
A little Help!!
Good morning everyone and congratulations to the ones that made it.
Please I need help concerning processing my transcript (post graduate UI).
Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nekkyblues(f): 8:19am On Oct 01, 2020
Good morning house

Has anyone done evaluation with ICES? How long did it take for them to evaluate your documents?

Their website shows 16 weeks which is approximately 4 months from now, and that’s a very long time because I want to be in the pool this year.

Still trying to process my transcript from my school.

Your feedback will be appreciated, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:46am On Oct 01, 2020
nekkyblues:
Good morning house

Has anyone done evaluation with ICES? How long did it take for them to evaluate your documents?

Their website shows 16 weeks which is approximately 4 months from now, and that’s a very long time because I want to be in the pool this year.

Still trying to process my transcript from my school.

Your feedback will be appreciated, thanks.
I saw a Blog post on people complaining about ICES yesterday, some said they’ve been stuck since July and since time is of essence to you I think you should use WES because even IQAS is beginning to get slow again since my transcript arrived their office I haven’t gotten acknowledgment that it has been received.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:46am On Oct 01, 2020
sissyborlahdey:
A little Help!!
Many thanks
Check three pages back a number was dropped, one and Adesokan or something

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:47am On Oct 01, 2020
MayorOfEdmonton:
You remove sentiments from this ur advice ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Saying it exactly the way it is...Lol

Lmao � me I even think this comment is very nice o. Today he’s in a good mood
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by crespo67: 9:12am On Oct 01, 2020
PM me
sissyborlahdey:
A little Help!!
Many thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by LeProfeseurJean: 9:19am On Oct 01, 2020
House ooh, I had 7.5 band in belts and band 7 in tef four competencies pls which should I use as First language to get max points

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by LeProfeseurJean: 9:54am On Oct 01, 2020
Does amount of POF Affects an applicant express entry points
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amaya21: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2020
Simulate your CRS score two times, one with English as first language and one with French as first language. Whichever gives you higher points is what you should use. If none are high enough for current trends, you can look at retaking any of the tests.

LeProfeseurJean:
House ooh, I had 7.5 band in belts and band 7 in tef four competencies pls which should I use as First language to get max points

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by donhuko: 10:34am On Oct 01, 2020
Seniors in the house pls I need some assistance and advise.

I applied for express entry using my Canadian masters degree and work experience.
Yesterday I got a mail from CIC requesting my biometrics and also my Educational Credential Assessment report.
Is this normal? Considering the fact that I have a Canadian degree, and I didn’t claim points for my Nigerian degree during the application.
Also, I already had my biometrics in 2015, and it’s supposed to be valid until 2020. Do I need to do another biometrics?

Thanks for the assistance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nony92: 11:53am On Oct 01, 2020
Hello all,
Thanks to everyone who’s supported me one way or the other here.
I got my IELTS result yesterday. It was my first time writing and I had (L: 8.5, R: 8.0, W:7.5 and S: 7.5).
I think I am now ready to enter the pool since I’ve done my ECA.

I just have a bit of an issue especially with my 3 years work experience in 4 different organizations. Also, I’ll be glad if there’s anyone here with experience working in the NGO sector to help me with the correct NOC to use. I’m available via email.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2020
Recently discovered a new Canadian immigration path that allows low IELTS.
The Rural and Northern Canadian Immigration path.

Kindly check more about the features in an 18mins video : https:///CanadaPVR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
Recently discovered a new Canadian immigration path that allows low IELTS.
The Rural and Northern Canadian Immigration path.

Kindly check more about the features in an 18mins video : https:///CanadaPVR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chynwe2019: 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2020
Please any March 2020 AOR WhatsApp group that I can join
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by elohim24: 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2020
IELTS update: eor came back after 32days... old score L 8, R 8, W 7, S 6.5
New score: L8, R 8, W 7.5, S 7... sitting in the pool with 442 pending, spouse will write IELTS this month. Will be 462 by then... if I max out it will be 468. Birthday in December.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lotusgoddess(f): 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2020
Good afternoon everyone. Please about this CIIN exam, who has successfully registered for the exam. I've been trying to access their portal but it's returning error messages.
Please help. And is anyone aware of the last date of registration?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adeleks: 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2020
joselekas:
Hello Seniors,

Thank you.

Go ahead and use your pension fund. Its allowed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by saskatoonguy: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
LeProfeseurJean:
Does amount of POF Affects an applicant express entry points
lailai grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.