Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

My food album. (Pictures) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My food album. (Pictures) (11106 Views)

I Cant Eat Without Excess Pepper In My Food. Why? / Come & Join Me Is Now A Problem: My Friend Will Sit & Finish My Food For Me! / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
Onego:
this is so nice

Thank you.☺
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Davoneskay(m): 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2020
Wow! just finished digesting those cuisines digitally. Thumbs up, OP.

1 Like

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2020
Davoneskay:
Wow! just finished digesting those cuisines digitally. Thumbs up, OP.

Muchas gracias!

1 Like

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
Guess what I have for us today...
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by kinah(f): 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
mariahAngel:
Guess what I have for us today...

Banana fudge cake � recipe Pls
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
Banana fudge cake.

You're right Kinah...even though you had expo cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2020
To make this deliciously moist banana fudge cake, the ingredients I used are:

-Flour 400grms
-Margarine 200grms (or butter)
- Sugar 100grms
-Overripe bananas 3-4 big size
-2 large eggs
-Full cream milk (I used hollandia)
-Banana flavour 2 teaspoons
- Baking soda 1 and 1/2 leveled teaspoon and
-Salt 1 leveled teaspoon

First step: Start by creaming your margarine (or butter) and sugar until fluffy, then you add in your 2eggs and cream further till it combines (don't worry if there are margarine curds)

Note: Ensure to always measure your ingredients (sugar, margarine, flour) to get a perfect cake.

Second step: Peel your overripe bananas (about 3-4 depending on the size) and mash with a fork until almost smooth (make sure to use overripe bananas for intense flavour)
After mashing, add the bananas to the sugar/margarine mixture, also add your 2 teaspoons of banana flavour (you can substitute with vanilla if you don't have banana flavour) and mix until well combined.

Note: when mixing for cakes, ensure to always mix in one direction to avoid beating down the air in your mixture.
The texture of your cake depends on it.

Third step: In your flour, add the baking soda and salt and sift gently over your mixture, after sifting, you mix gently while adding your milk little by little until well mixed and you get the cake consistency you want.
Careful not to over mix so that you don't end up with a hard cake.

Note: Sifting your flour into your mixture makes it airy and increases the volume of your flour.

Scoop and spread your cake batter into a pan or distribute in foils and bake on an oven tray at 190-200 degrees for 30-35 mins (don't open your oven before that)
After that, It is baked when you insert something (like toothpick) and it comes out clean.

Cc: Kinah and Halcyon123

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2020
The best part is that you can bake and refrigerate them...

I baked mine in foils

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Halcyon123(f): 3:17pm On Oct 22, 2020
Thank you
mariahAngel:

-Flour 400grms
-Margarine 200grms (or butter)
- Sugar 100grms
-Overripe bananas 3-4 big size
-2 large eggs
-Full cream milk (I used hollandia)
-Banana flavour 2 teaspoons
- Baking soda 1 and 1/2 leveled teaspoon and
-Salt 1 leveled teaspoon

First step: Start by creaming your margarine (or butter) and sugar until fluffy, then you add in your 2eggs and cream further till it combines (don't worry if there are margarine curds)

Note: Ensure to always measure your ingredients (sugar, margarine, flour) to get a perfect cake.

Second step: Peel your overripe bananas (about 3-4 depending on the size) and mash with a fork until almost smooth (make sure to use overripe bananas for intense flavour)
After mashing, add the bananas to the sugar/margarine mixture, also add your 2 teaspoons of banana flavour (you can substitute with vanilla if you don't have banana flavour) and mix until well combined.

Note: when mixing for cakes, ensure to always mix in one direction to avoid beating down the air in your mixture.
The texture of your cake depends on it.

Third step: In your flour, add the baking soda and salt and sift gently over your mixture, after sifting, you mix gently while adding your milk little by little until well mixed and you get the cake consistency you want.
Careful not to over mix so that you don't end up with a hard cake.

Note: Sifting your flour into your mixture makes it airy and increases the volume of your flour.

Scoop and spread your cake batter into a pan or distribute in foils and bake on an oven tray at 190-200 degrees for 30-35 mins (don't open your oven before that)
After that, It is baked when you insert something (like toothpick) and it comes out clean.

Cc: Ki
Kina. h and Halcyon. on123
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
Halcyon123:
Thank you

You're welcome dear.

I await your feedback. smiley
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Romangalactic(m): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
mariahAngel:

-qn and

Yummy yum,drip dripgrin

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Aimerosa25(f): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
Romangalactic:

U sha know I know wat am sayin,all dose ur moist moist moist descriptions ehnnn.cheesy I go just read am I go dey laff. u ar a naughty girl deep down. I can feel it grin

Wat remain na just for one very patient niggie 2 take his time to break yur defences down bit by bit,den he go enjoy ur drip drip wellatongue

*singing* my milkshake brings all d boys 2d yard *singing* cheesy
abeg don't kill me with laughter
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Aimerosa25(f): 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
Romangalactic:

Yummy yum,drip dripgrin
his, na wa o uncle roman
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Romangalactic(m): 1:38am On Oct 24, 2020
Aimerosa25:
abeg don't kill me with laughter
Aimerosa25:
his, na wa o uncle roman
Wat will I say aimerosa

Mariahangel iz so hot & she always make me fill hot 2 by har word choice. Tew bad she dnt want 2accept luv,sometin I haff abundance of in bountifullnes
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Aimerosa25(f): 8:37am On Oct 24, 2020
Romangalactic:

Wat will I say aimerosa

Mariahangel iz so hot & she always make me fill hot 2 by har word choice. Tew bad she dnt want 2accept luv,sometin I haff abundance of in bountifullnes
calm down, and keep trying, what's yours is yours.

1 Like

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Halcyon123(f): 9:27am On Oct 24, 2020
No problem
mariahAngel:

You're welcome dear.

I await your feedback. smiley
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Romangalactic(m): 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2020
Aimerosa25:
calm down, and keep trying, what's yours is yours.
Tenkyu so mush babie,tenkyu.embarassed
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Aimerosa25(f): 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2020
Romangalactic:

Tenkyu so mush babie,tenkyu.embarassed
you r welcome
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Romangalactic(m): 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2020
Aimerosa25:
you r welcome
cool
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 8:22am On Oct 28, 2020
Update alert!!!

I'm on a cakespedition!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 8:25am On Oct 28, 2020
My Cakescovery

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
mariahAngel:
Closer view...see how spongy it is?
How did you get it spongy?

I tried baking a cranberry-pineapple-walnut bread yesterday and after sitting in the hot oven for almost an hour, the inside was soggy.
I added 2-spoons of the pineapple juice and 1 can of coconut milk to the wet ingredients, and only 1-spoon of brown sugar to the dry.

My previous attempt at baking something yielded a similar result and I had to throw both away.

From the above description, what am I doing wrong? cry
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 2:40pm On Nov 05, 2020
DimplesLikeWow:
How did you get it spongy?

I tried baking a cranberry-pineapple-walnut bread yesterday and after sitting in the hot oven for almost an hour, the inside was soggy.
I added 2-spoons of the pineapple juice and 1 can of coconut milk to the wet ingredients, and only 1-spoon of sugar to the dry.

My previous attempt at baking something yielded a similar result and I had to throw both away.

From the above description, what am I doing wrong? cry

Sorry about your cake
Did you measure your ingredients?

Could you write down the method you used?
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2020
mariahAngel:

Sorry about your cake
Did you measure your ingredients?

Could you write down the method you used?

Not really; I didn't measure, I used my eyes.

I was trying to make this
https://bake-eat-repeat.com/lemon-cranberry-bread-recipe/
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2020
DimplesLikeWow:

Not really; I didn't measure, I used my eyes.

I was trying to make this
https://bake-eat-repeat.com/lemon-cranberry-bread-recipe/

To tell you the truth, cake baking is more of science...
You have to use the correct measure of ingredients if you want something close to a perfect cake.

Could it be that the sugar in your mixture was much and it made your cake too dense?
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2020
mariahAngel:

To tell you the truth, cake baking is more of science...
You have to use the correct measure of ingredients if you want something close to a perfect cake.

Could it be that the sugar in your mixture was much and it made your cake too dense?
Hmmm, you're right.

I only added 1 spoon of brown sugar (I don't like sugary stuff). I'm actually thinking the lack of sugar may be one of the problems. I guess one has to be careful with tweaking recipes - it may not turn out right. The next time I bake I will simply add the exact amount the recipe calls for, as I'd really like to know I'm doing wrong! I love to bake but my recent experiences with it have not been motivating.
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Davoneskay(m): 3:22pm On Nov 05, 2020
I keep viewing mouthwatering pictures on your thread, yet, I've only eaten cake just once this year. I may soon unfollow this thread if OP refuse to invite me to his/her place to eat of this. Or do you expect me to bake all this when na only okra soup I sabi warm? OP, end of the year festive season is few days away. Send me ur address or betterstill, send some cakes.

1 Like

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2020
DimplesLikeWow:

Hmmm, you're right.

I only added 1 spoon of brown sugar (I don't like sugary stuff). I'm actually thinking the lack of sugar may be one of the problems. I guess one has to be careful with tweaking recipes - it may not turn our right. The next time I bake I will simply add the exact amount the recipe calls for, as I'd really like to know I'm doing wrong! I love to bake but my recent experiences with it have not been motivating.

OK. Let's give ratio 1:1:2 of sugar, butter, flour a try...

When you cream your sugar and butter, remember to cream in one direction only, till it's soft and fluffy...it gives you a light, spongy cake

Also, for every 100grms of flour, use one leveled teaspoon of baking powder
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2020
Davoneskay:
I keep viewing mouthwatering pictures on your thread, yet, I've only eaten cake just once this year. I may soon unfollow this thread if OP refuse to invite me to his/her place to eat of this. Or do you expect me to bake all this when na only okra soup I sabi warm? OP, end of the year festive season is few days away. Send me ur address or betterstill, send some cakes.

Hahahahahahaha grin

What is your address? Who knows, I might surprise you with a cake during Christmas season
Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Romangalactic(m): 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2020
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahaha grin

What is your address? Who knows, I might surprise you with a cake during Christmas season
Y will u tink am EmperorMaria afta everytin,wat has lyf done 2u dat u will naw suspect I will b trollin u despite my playin wit u. Or iz it because I tell u I lyked u Yu realli disappoint me.

D same EmperrMaria dat attack me here wit har former username because of u. Or did u 4get dat klass dnt lyk u

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by Davoneskay(m): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2020
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahaha grin

LOL, I will be around Ibadan by then. UI/Agbowo/Bodija axis. I'll be expecting it.

1 Like

Re: My food album. (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Romangalactic:

Y will u tink am EmperorMaria afta everytin,wat has lyf done 2u dat u will naw suspect I will b trollin u despite my playin wit u. Or iz it because I tell u I lyked u Yu realli disappoint me.

D same EmperrMaria dat attack me here wit har former username because of u. Or did u 4get dat klass dnt lyk u

If you're not him, then I apologize.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cost Of Mama Put Food / How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? / Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.