Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? (11142 Views)

Which Food Can #1,000 Cook That Will Last For 3days? / Best Food For Life: Which Food Do You Eat Everyday? / Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by OfficialP: 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
Which food crops can be grown at home and how, this will go a long way now that for prices are skyrocketing

1 Like

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by mariahAngel(f): 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2022
Peppers, herbs (like curry and scent leaves), tomatoes...

27 Likes

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by dominique(f): 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
Tomatoes (thrives on any type of soil), peppers, okra, vegetables like ugu, shoko etc

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by CyberHustle: 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
dominique:
Tomatoes (thrives on any type of soil), peppers, okra, vegetables like ugu, shoko etc
yams, potato, or vegetable in sacks.

13 Likes

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by OfficialP: 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
dominique:

Like how to plant it
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by budaatum: 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2022
This generation must have never heard of Operation Feed the Nation.

We planted almost everything in our compound. My favourite was ugu and bitterleaf. There was cassava too, and yam and bananas and shọkọ and okro and lots of pawpaws.

It was a single plot of 120mx60m in Ketu Lagos with a 2 storey-house on it too, so planting was all by the edges of the property. The bit I hated was not being able to go to the village for the holidays because my labour was required on our 'farm'.

34 Likes

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by dominique(f): 6:02am On Nov 04, 2022
OfficialP:

Like how to plant it

Tomatoes are the easiest to plant, just discard water with tomatoes seeds and watch it start to grow after some weeks. I think you need to dry pepper and okra seeds for them to be able to grow. As for vegetables, you'll have to buy their seeds from farmers, those that sell in the markets can sell to you or direct you on how to get them.

10 Likes

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by xpressionx(m): 6:03am On Nov 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Yeyeboi05(m): 6:03am On Nov 04, 2022
Jmm
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by gasparpisciotta: 6:03am On Nov 04, 2022
Agbado and Cassava

6 Likes

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by temitope27(m): 6:04am On Nov 04, 2022
Weed is the best

3 Likes

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by JoeNL22(m): 6:04am On Nov 04, 2022
OfficialP:
Which food crops can be grown at home and how, this will go a long way now that for prices are skyrocketing
Beans is very good to start with.

Thank God obi too like beans....do you?

1 Like

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by xpressionx(m): 6:05am On Nov 04, 2022
Cassava, dodo,ewa.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by unite4real: 6:05am On Nov 04, 2022
Get a Yoruba neighbour and see how pepper flourish in your neighborhood

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Kurumaru: 6:06am On Nov 04, 2022
Yam, beans, scent leaf, bitter leaf etc but bro, ur best home crop is try and make money from that same home, be it I.T dropshipping, just anything..

3 Likes

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Skty: 6:06am On Nov 04, 2022
Agbado for the enjoyment of agbadorians
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by saferoom: 6:06am On Nov 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by DesChyko: 6:07am On Nov 04, 2022
Cassava Garri Ewa undecided

2 Likes

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Nokio1: 6:08am On Nov 04, 2022
Go to agriculture section you can even write book on backyard farming from those guys

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 04, 2022
Yam

1 Like

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Mindlog: 6:10am On Nov 04, 2022
budaatum:
This generation must have never hear of Operation Feed the Nation.

We planted almost everything in our compound. My favourite was ugu and bitterleaf. There was cassava too, and yam and bananas and shọkọ and okro and lots of pawpaws.

It was a single plot of 120mx60m in Ketu Lagos with a 2 storey-house on it too, so planting was all by the edges of the property. The bit I hated was not being able to go to the village for the holidays because my labour was required on our 'farm'.

Ours was in Ojota, a storey building and in front, my parents planted Coconut (2), Mango, Orange, Tangerine, Pawpaw, Plantain and Banana then for veggies, we steadily had Oha, bitterleaf, nchanwu (Efirin, scent leaf)......our compound had a village feel and I did hate washing bitter leaves. cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by DesChyko: 6:11am On Nov 04, 2022
temitope27:

This was you under Buhari sha before your urchin tendencies took the fore.

Zombies wan dey disguise sha undecided
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Kobojunkie: 6:11am On Nov 04, 2022
OfficialP:
Potatoes in bags, Ugwu in bag, peppers, tomatoes, Spices, etc. undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by wunmi590(m): 6:11am On Nov 04, 2022

Almost all, depending on your space and the soil..

Ire o

1 Like

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by money121(m): 6:12am On Nov 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Probz(m): 6:12am On Nov 04, 2022
Loads and loads. Tomatoes being the most-obvious bet.
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Scammerr(m): 6:13am On Nov 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Olushylay1(f): 6:15am On Nov 04, 2022
In my compound,I planted plantain, banana tomatoes,potatoes and pawpaw..
Have been able to feed my kids..I dnt buy alot of things again...
Am thinking of planting beans this week.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Jimmythewise: 6:20am On Nov 04, 2022
Kurumaru:
Yam, beans, scent leaf, bitter leaf etc but bro, ur best home crop is try and make money from that same home, be it I.T dropshipping, just anything..
word

1 Like

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by maureensylvia(f): 6:24am On Nov 04, 2022
In my place back then, we grew
Plantain
Banana
Maize
Bitterleaf
Curry
Scentleaf
Aloevera
Oha leaf
Ugu
Pawpaw
Mango
All in one place

I was so angry with my parents then lol grin grin cos our compound looked like village whereas we're living in a city of Aba

I know my mom will read this cos she's an active Nairalander grin grin grin no vex ooo mom say I vex for una cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Your Most-hated Kitchen Chore/task? / What Do You Call Cashew Nuts In Your Language? / Be Careful Of Made In China Foods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.