Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects (57253 Views)

Letter To Efcc From Victims Of 86fb / Bank Insider Needed. .....bank / Student Impersonates Emir Sanusi, Demands N1.8m From Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by joyandfaith: 11:22am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSoothSayer:
God punish all of una. That was how they cleared my uncle's two bank accounts in less than 18 hours. Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner

he lost his phone?
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by electhnd(m): 11:23am On Aug 28, 2020
the only way to protect your sim card is to put pin on your sim card, before you do so....... make sure you have your puk code

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by 1759ademola(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2020
barragan:
What code? I doubt this story.
Kindly drop one of phones that link your fat bank account in Lautech premises in Ogbomosho. Then, you will comprehend it like the law of demand and Supply.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by CodeTemplar: 11:25am On Aug 28, 2020
Ykc2:
so this cloths dem wear flashy for your eyes? Nawa ooo undecided undecided undecided,see people looking like deported Benin boys from libya and your complaining they are looking flashy undecided undecided
So you mean they used N2m to buy roasted corn?
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by golddare: 11:27am On Aug 28, 2020
Naijamedialog:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/we-dont-need-bank-insider-to-transfer-money-from-victims-phones/amp/

I never liked the idea of storing BVN or account number on the phone. If you must do please store it in such a way that if your phone is stolen nobody can understand it. Secondly the idea of getting your BVN by simply sending sms with a code is another problem. The bank needs to come up with one secret questions to curtail some of these things.

You can lock your sim card with a code, you can check how to do that online or check this blog.
https://jkcyno.com/2020/01/29/how-to-set-up-a-pin-for-your-sim-to-wade-off-hackers/

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by agborodun: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2020
All what Nigeria banks need to do is to introduce 2 or 3 step authentication before any transfer could be done.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by 1759ademola(m): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2020
Banks themselves are loose coupled with the fact that the law enforcement agents demand #20 to chase every #10.
Pls somebody should not tell me to use *737# o.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by litathom(m): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2020
I don't believe this story. The Nigerian Police just to one game centre to pack these ones then begin write wetin dem go talk give them.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by damosade(m): 11:32am On Aug 28, 2020
Liars , even insider don't know customers Pin.
The pin was divulged somehow. Now they are claiming super hackers.

Using Bvn to generate PIN.. For where.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Goldenfinger: 11:35am On Aug 28, 2020
femi4:
Which software can generate xfer pin fro bvn? Liars, they have insider working with them
.bros i believe dat one,if they can generate ur pin from dat number written our atm card,then the boys can do anytin.do u knw they are blacksites that only hackers can get through n the software they sell 4 their na inside life,dnt fvck wit hackers o.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by djperoski2010(m): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2020
PrimeWatermark:
Dispatch Riders needed urgently!
Contact Details are in the signature.
How much is your pay
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by felzokugo(m): 11:37am On Aug 28, 2020
Queenlovely:
Identities of the suspects are Daniel Asigbe, 25; Ikechukwu Aigbe, 25; Frank Opara, 21; Seun Dairo 19 and Goodness Ndukwe, 19.

in as much as name matters, demographics also matters
I am also an age checker associate.

the oldest is 25 the youngest is 19

there are more like these.

future criminals

I often wonder how Nigeria youth that can never agree together on a good thing can unite together to do the most fantastic crime, how 8 boys can just agree together to rape only one girl, it new I swear

bet9ja is what most youth believe in, from dawn to dusk, hoping to hit it big, that is how criminals start. wanting to use 100 naira to win 50 million, u see them with ticket as long as buhari penis and they want to win
Buhari pennis ke? Am sure buhari don show u him bura.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Goldenfinger: 11:38am On Aug 28, 2020
damosade:
Liars , even insider don't know customers Pin.
The pin was divulged somehow. Now they are claiming super hackers.

Using Bvn to generate PIN.. For where.
.BVN can be used to change ur pin,n who told u banks dnt knw their customer pin
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by rolams(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2020
At their tender age!
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Conceptsncontex(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2020
Naijamedialog:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/we-dont-need-bank-insider-to-transfer-money-from-victims-phones/amp/
What this is pointing to is that....... Our banking system is highly vulnerable. I thought we were suppose to feel secured via the BVN. Now this?
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by frankyychiji(f): 11:41am On Aug 28, 2020
ERockson:
We will start deporting these criminals to their developed red mudded states.
Mumu brown roofer! grin
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by frankyychiji(f): 11:42am On Aug 28, 2020
CodeTemplar:
You see them wearing flashy clothes and spending money with no traceable income source.
Did you view the posted pics before making this comment?

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Jblaze1: 11:43am On Aug 28, 2020
How do you do that?
Kendumazy:
Just set a sim code for your sim card. If they remove it and insert it into another phone, without them knowing the sim code. The sim is useless to them.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Godons1: 11:54am On Aug 28, 2020
Igbo Amaka grin grin

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Olarewaju89: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2020
Useless idiot undecided
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by GeneralPula: 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
femi4:
Which software can generate xfer pin from bvn? Liars, they have insider working with them

You know nothing..
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by damosade(m): 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goldenfinger:

I know a lot about banking and cryptography.
I have MSC in information technology
I work in the bank for 10years.

Then what about you?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by edoairways: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
ERockson:
We will start deporting these criminals to their developed red mudded states.
Does the Seun Dairo rings to your ear?
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Goldenfinger: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
damosade:

I know a lot about banking and cryptography. I have MSC in information technology I work in the bank for 10years. .
Then what about you?
.jst call me a freak for hacking.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Spallanzani: 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
kumulus:
Isn't this the same thing hackers do and get paid for....discover a loophole and report it to the right quarters under agreed terms of disclosure. Nigerians need reorientation so bad....

-Lloyd
Grey hat hackers precisely.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Golan007: 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Goldenfinger:

Banks don't know their customers PIN.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by OK2NVME: 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
After all your sophisticated coding and decoding you then transferred the monies into a traceable bank account.

Fools.
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Edusouls(m): 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
You are intelligent and ur talking is on point generally young black male are too pleasure minded and highly irresponsible that’s why they mainly end in streets, doing drugs, gambling petty robbery, casual sex, and fraud..
Queenlovely:
Identities of the suspects are Daniel Asigbe, 25; Ikechukwu Aigbe, 25; Frank Opara, 21; Seun Dairo 19 and Goodness Ndukwe, 19.

in as much as name matters, demographics also matters
I am also an age checker associate.

the oldest is 25 the youngest is 19

there are more like these.

future criminals

I often wonder how Nigeria youth that can never agree together on a good thing can unite together to do the most fantastic crime, how 8 boys can just agree together to rape only one girl, it new I swear

bet9ja is what most youth believe in, from dawn to dusk, hoping to hit it big, that is how criminals start. wanting to use 100 naira to win 50 million, u see them with ticket as long as buhari penis and they want to win
are you Jesus Christ?

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by Olam09(m): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
Next time it's called s9 not x9
Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by OK2NVME: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
golddare:

I never liked the idea of storing BVN or account number on the phone. If you must do please store it in such a way that if your phone is stolen nobody can understand it. Secondly the idea of getting your BVN by simply sending sms with a code is another problem. The bank needs to come up with one secret questions to curtail some of these things.

You can lock your sim card with a code, you can check how to do that online or check this blog.
https://jkcyno.com/2020/01/29/how-to-set-up-a-pin-for-your-sim-to-wade-off-hackers/

That's not how it's done.

They did not use any bvn

They just glossed through the phone messages for transaction alerts to know the bank tied to the number.

Someone foolish enough to store their bank ATM card details on their phone for online transactions can easily be duped as the bank pin can be deduced from date of birth DDMM as most people use their birth date and month as their pin.

Bvn is a public document just like your car liscence plate and can not be used to get your pin just as your car plates can not be used to start your car.

These boys are not singing well on how they got access to the pin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Need Bank Insider To Transfer Money From Victims’ Phones ― Suspects by King44(m): 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
Conceptsncontex:

What this is pointing to is that....... Our banking system is highly vulnerable. I thought we were suppose to feel secured via the BVN. Now this?
the person who scammed me called my bvn that I think it is only known by me and my bank. Why do banks make us believe that we are the only one who has access to our bvn in the first place?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'We Will Rape Omah Lay If We Catch Him' - Nigerian Slay Queens Threaten / Abuja Church Robbers Meet Waterloo (pictured) / Lady Raped By A Friend She Visited, Cries Out. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.