Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! (1239 Views)

Everything In The Bible Is Not Different From Science And Maths. See Why!! / Naira Marley Confirms That Allah Is Different From God. / Jesus Is Not Different From Yeshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:11am On Aug 28, 2020
John 10:28-30

[28]And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

[29]My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.

[30]I and My Father are one.”

Jesus Christ is the Father made manifest

Hallelujah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:12am On Aug 28, 2020
John 10:31-33

[31]Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.

[32]Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

[33]The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:15am On Aug 28, 2020
John 10:37-38

[37]If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;

[38]but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by eplanning: 8:41am On Aug 28, 2020
These idolaters are refusing to give up their lies and Idolatory in the name of TRINITY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 8:48am On Aug 28, 2020
bingbagbo:

[32]Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

[33]The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

I have cleared this up. He is the Lord God! The same One Who visited Abraham.

He is God Over Us, Not God, The Most High!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 9:03am On Aug 28, 2020
bingbagbo:

[28]And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

[29]My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.

Hallelujah

Even when you quoting Where the Lord God is saying "My Father" "My Father" you do not see.

The Christ Clearly said John 5:30
"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me

Will He not look crazy to be referring to Himself? When He Introduced Himself, did He Not Properly Introduce Himself to Isaac, Jacob, Mose, the woman of Samaria?

The Bible is not like you, Neither is Christ, He Always Speaks Accurately and the Bible is Always Very Accurate in its Statements and it's Choice of Words, at least KjV is.

But you are very Obstinate. "A wise man will hear correction and increase in learning."
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Preciousgirl(f): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Jesus is God according to you but not God?

How many God's do you have then?

Read Deuteronomy 6:4

I have one God and His name is Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 10:49am On Aug 28, 2020
Preciousgirl:

If you pay close attention to the various unknown Persons you have seen therein, you would see that there are Many Persons Who are Greater than man. Prophets (John is the greatest of Prophets), Angels, The Elders, The Persons on the Red Horse, Black Horse etc.

Then Revelation 5, There is He Who Sits on the Throne and you already know that The Lamb is Christ.

Therefore, there are many Great Persons Who have Authority and Power over man but the Difference is that The Lord, is Appointed by He Who Sits on the Throne to be God Over us, the man.

There is He Who Sits on the Throne and He is the One Who spoke in Genesis 1. After that look again, you would see that He Stopped Speaking altogether after the Lord Who is God Over us, hence Lord God.

Watch again when the Lord Introduced Himself He says "Lord" first but because man did not understand, He thereafter adds God.

But Later down, when Everyone knew and Understood Who He was, He reverted to His designation, which is "Lord" and He was Called The Lord until, He came to visit us on earth.

And Deuteronomy 6:4 proves what I say. See it He said Lord Twice in one sentence.

And verse 5 proves what I am saying "Love the Lord (Who is) thy God ( to thee)!

Angels and Elders though Greater than you and can exercise great power over you, they are however not our Governor!
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Janosky: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2020
eplanning:
These idolaters are refusing to give up their lies and Idolatory in the name of TRINITY.
Triune idol worshippers
Na so Dem be

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
Janosky:

Triune idol worshippers
Na so Dem be

It is sport to a fool to have no regard for his Rulers!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Janosky: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

It is sport to a fool to have no regard for his Rulers!

Bros, you no get SENSE !

Fellowship exists where two or more people form a bond. For instance, a married couple.

The term "Team spirit" refers to a united bond of fellowship , harmony in a sports team grin

I repeat, you no get SENSE!
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, you no get SENSE !

Fellowship exists where two or more people form a bond. For instance, a married couple.

The term "Team spirit" refers to a united bond of fellowship , harmony in a sports team grin

I repeat, you no get SENSE!

I bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by jamesid29(m): 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

If you pay close attention to the various unknown Persons you have seen therein, you would see that there are Many Persons Who are Greater than man. Prophets (John is the greatest of Prophets), Angels, The Elders, The Persons on the Red Horse, Black Horse etc.

Then Revelation 5, There is He Who Sits on the Throne and you already know that The Lamb is Christ.

Therefore, there are many Great Persons Who have Authority and Power over man but the Difference is that The Lord, is Appointed by He Who Sits on the Throne to be God Over us, the man.

There is He Who Sits on the Throne and He is the One Who spoke in Genesis 1. After that look again, you would see that He Stopped Speaking altogether after the Lord Who is God Over us, hence Lord God.

Watch again when the Lord Introduced Himself He says "Lord" first but because man did not understand, He thereafter adds God.

But Later down, when Everyone knew and Understood Who He was, He reverted to His designation, which is "Lord" and He was Called The Lord until, He came to visit us on earth.

And Deuteronomy 6:4 proves what I say. See it He said Lord Twice in one sentence.

Angels and Elders though Greater than you and can exercise great power over you, they are however not our Governor!
Sir, I can understand that the trinity is one of the things that is hard for alot of us to grasp but if you are trying to stay true to the faith, it's worth it to try and get a good understanding of it and how we can trace it from the old testament to the new.
There's only one God Yahweh, revealed to us in three persons. I know that sounds mind boggling to us but if God created such a complex universe with very complex creatures within it, then it stands to reason that this God is way more complex than we can ever imagine.

There's only one God and only this God receives our worship. Once you start seeing Jesus as a different separate God, that's a slippery slope... Again sir, it's really worth it to try and get what the doctrine of the Trinity is.

@bolded... That's not what the scriptures says sir.
Shalom sir

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
jamesid29:

Sir, I can understand that the trinity is one of the things that is hard for alot of us to grasp but if you are trying to stay true to the faith, it's worth it to try and get a good understanding of it and how we can trace it from the old testament to the new.
There's only one God Yahweh, revealed to us in three persons. I know that sounds mind boggling to us but if God created such a complex universe with very complex creatures within it, then it stands to reason that this God is way more complex than we can ever imagine.

There's only one God and only this God receives our worship. Once you start seeing Jesus as a different separate God, that's a slippery slope... Again sir, it's really worth it to try and get what the doctrine of the Trinity is.

Shalom sir

Respectfully.sir,I have seen that when the Bible says a specific thing, it means that specific thing. Following that knowledge is why I am able to come to my own Conclusion for myself not what someone else says or suggests.

With that, there are many things that prove what is commonly Called Trinity, Starting from the end (Revelation) to the beginning (Genesis), There is He Who Sits on the Throne (a King and His Throne) there is the Lamb Who was Slain whom we have all Identified to be Jesus and Holy Spirit is known also.

In Revelation, was The King on The Throne not sitting on His Throne when the Lamb opened the Seals?

Can He be sitting on the Throne and opening the seals at the same time being One Person? No, I say, We see One Sitting on the Throne and Another opening the Seals and yet Others Round about the Throne, all gathered together in the place around the Throne!
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by jamesid29(m): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Respectfully.sir,I have seen that when the Bible says a specific thing, it means that specific thing. Following that knowledge is why I am able to come to my own Conclusion for myself not what someone else says or suggests.

With that, there are many things that prove what is commonly Called Trinity, Starting from the end (Revelation) to the beginning (Genesis), There is He Who Sits on the Throne (a King and His Throne) there is the Lamb Who was Slain whom we have all Identified to be Jesus and Holy Spirit is known also.

In Revelation, was The King on The Throne not sitting on His Throne when the Lamb opened the Seals?

Can He be sitting on the Throne and opening the seals at the same time being One Person? No, I say, We see One Sitting on the Throne and Another opening the Seals and yet Others Round about the Throne, all gathered together in the place around the Throne!
Exactly sir. The Father, The Son and The HolySpirit are all distinct from eachother but at the same time all three are the One God(Yahweh),Not three different gods but one God. That's the complexity of the Godhead(three distinct eternal persons but one God Yahweh) and that's what is called the Trinity.
No other being accepts worship apart from Yahweh. As I said sir, getting the trinity right is one of the foundations of the faith but it's also something that it's hard to get for alot of us. We all just have to go down that rabbit trail and trace it through the scriptures.

And finally sir, we all need to be taught and we all need to learn from others as we look onto Jesus. That's why we have teachers , elders, pastors and eachother.
As you see sir, I never provided any links or resources for you to read because I know God is more than able to lead you to the right ones if you ask.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
jamesid29:

Exactly sir. The Father, The Son and The HolySpirit are all distinct from eachother but at the same time all three are the One God(Yahweh),Not three different gods but one God. That's the complexity of the Godhead(three distinct eternal persons but one God Yahweh) and that's what is called the Trinity.
No other being accepts worship apart from Yahweh. As I said sir, getting the trinity right is one of the foundations of the faith but it's also something that it's hard to get for alot of us. We all just have to go down that rabbit trail and trace it through the scriptures.

And finally sir, we all need to be taught and we all need to learn from others as we look onto Jesus. That's why we have teachers , elders, pastors and eachother.
As you see sir, I never provided any links or resources for you to read because I know God is more than able to lead you to the right ones if you ask.

In the Bible One is used in terms of Unity, Absence of Conflict and Controversy. Eg Man is One even though he is 2 (male and female), husband and wife are One even though they are two. The body is many members and parts and the hand is not the nyash, neither the head, a penis grin (excuse my language), nonetheless, all are still One.

So also The Law or The Commandments, even though they are many, they are still ONE To Wit - "Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart...."

God's Things are One and Christ Clearly said if you Honour me, you Honour He Who Has Sent Me. If you Honour me not, you Honour not He who Has Sent Me" John 5:23

And which one of you shall not honour the servant of Tinubu when he cometh to your house? Or which one you shall say to the P. A of your Local Government Chairman, stand outside my door, I will come and meet you there?

It is Written

"The fear of a king is as the roaring of a lion: whoso provoketh him to anger sinneth against his own soul.” Proverbs 20:2

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Ezekiel36vs28: 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
jamesid29:

well let me help you guys out here by revealing the truth here about this much disputed doctrine.Brother this is the mystery revealed:”That God is one person who exist in three different forms as the Father,The word and as the Holy Spirit”.Bless you

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by Janosky: 10:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Ezekiel36vs28:
well let me help you guys out here by revealing the truth here about this much disputed doctrine.Brother this is the mystery revealed:”That God is one person who exist in three different forms as the Father,The word and as the Holy Spirit”.Bless you
John 20:17 , Revelation 3:5,12,Jesus Christ says Mbanu !!!!
Jesus says he is ascending to my Father and your Father, your God and my God"

If your claim is true, Matthew 27:46, Jesus would have shouted to his other two Comrades to come to his rescue ," my Gods, my Gods, why have you guys forsaken me?"
grin grin grin grin.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by jamesid29(m): 11:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

In the Bible One is used in terms of Unity, Absence of Conflict and Controversy. Eg Man is One even though he is 2 (male and female), husband and wife are One even though they are two. The body is many members and parts and the hand is not the nyash, neither the head, a penis grin (excuse my language), nonetheless, all are still One.

So also The Law or The Commandments, even though they are many, they are still ONE To Wit - "Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart...."

God's Things are One and Christ Clearly said if you Honour me, you Honour He Who Has Sent Me. If you Honour me not, you Honour not He who Has Sent Me" John 5:23

And which one of you shall not honour the servant of Tinubu when he cometh to your house? Or which one you shall say to the P. A of your Local Government Chairman, stand outside my door, I will come and meet you there?

It is Written

"The fear of a king is as the roaring of a lion: whoso provoketh him to anger sinneth against his own soul.” Proverbs 20:2

smileyNo issues sir, I wasn't trying to convince you. My aim was just to point it out to you. As long as you have it at the back of your mind and some day you decide to pursue it to its end (because the identity of Christ is a foundational pillar of faith), our God is merciful to point both of us to the right path.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by jamesid29(m): 12:11am On Aug 29, 2020
Ezekiel36vs28:
God bless you too brother. Pls let me just point one or two things out boss.
What you posted sounds like more like Modalism(Sabellianism: One God appearing in three different forms). This is one of the conceptions of the God the early church had to defend against.

The Trinity is very different sir. Basically it's something like this: There is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons — the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father and both the Father and the Son are not the Holy Spirit. All three are distinct in person but one in essence. Not 3 gods, One God Yahweh.

The first thing that trips people up is the use of the word Person. When we hear the word person,we think of me and you(Ade and Nonso for example). The thing is God is not like me and you, God is totally different from us. God is not just a Spirit, God is a unique Spirit. There might be many spirits in the world but no spirit is like Yahweh. He is species unique and the creator of other spirit. So right of the bat, any language we use to describe God will always fall short.
The second thing is, the Trinity is something none of us would fully comprehend because none of us was with God in the beginning and no one has seen God in his full glory. How can a being be 3 distinct Persons but still one God? That would would be an enigma to us. But as I mentioned to our other brother, if God created such a complex universe with complex beings like us in it, then we should expect Him to also be unimaginable complex to us.
But just as I cannot comprehend the vastness of the sea when standing at the shore but I can apprehend that what I'm looking at is a sea, we might not be able to comprehend the full inner workings of God but we can apprehend what has been revealed to us through the scriptures. It's really worth it to trace out the Trinity and what it truly is through the scriptures and come to place where feel comfortable with it in our hearts because it is very foundational to the faith.

As I told Dtruthspeaker, I'm not trying to convince you that what I've said is the truth. In the end sir,scriptures properly interpreted is the final authority on all matters of faith... God bless you brother

No vex say my reply long, I just started writing before I know am we done reach here smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by MuttleyLaff: 8:06am On Aug 29, 2020
bingbagbo:

Hallelujah

bingbagbo:

bingbagbo:
John 10:37-38

[37]If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;

[38]but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”
[img]https://s4/images/orijin-bitters.jpg[/img]
Word. Gbam.

Somebori please pass this my brother and tight guy, bingbagbo, this chilled bottle of orijin. Plus send him a truckload of kolanuts as well and after that, consider him sharp sharp, next governor of his state of origin.

Right on point on all accounts. Wehdone Sir! Please drink responsibly though

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by MuttleyLaff: 8:06am On Aug 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

What with the contradiction in the highlighted "... is God Over Us, Not God ..." are you trying to say or drive at nah, hmm?

While you are thinking about how or if you are gong to respond to the above original question, please consider and give you explicit answers to the following below questions #2, #9 and #10 first. Thank you. All are invited to contribute, as it isn't an exclusive invite to you alone

MuttleyLaff:
For DrLive\Logic and any interested interlocutor(s):

1/ Name who principally or primary are in the Godhead (i.e. Elohim) of Genesis 1:27
2/ At what point did God, the Spirit become God the Father, what point did the Word, (i.e. Logos) become the Son, and what point did the seven distinct expression of the God, the Spirit, become the Holy Spirit?
3/ Is God resigned and/or limited to just Three Persons?
4/ What is God's name? What is the implication of this name that God didnt reveal to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
5/ Is the answer given in #4a above really God's personal name?
6/ What fundamental problems was God solving that necessitated the creation of mankind? (i.e. A&E and their progeny)
7/ Did God have an objective to achieve and purpose for creating A&E?
8/ Would you agree that "Though this be madness, yet there is method in it?"
9/ Is it hard or impossible for God to project Himself out, so to simultaneously and/or concurrently exist on earth and Heaven?
10/ Give two examples of a Being that has demonstrated the ability and power to see into humans' heart, know their thoughts, tell what they're thinking, or what they desire. In other words, here is one from 1 Samuel 9:19 and 1 Samuel 10:19&26, so please give your two different examples please
bingbagbo:

Hallelujah

Dtruthspeaker:
Even when you quoting Where the Lord God is saying "My Father" "My Father" you do not see.

The Christ Clearly said John 5:30
"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me

Will He not look crazy to be referring to Himself? When He Introduced Himself, did He Not Properly Introduce Himself to Isaac, Jacob, Mose, the woman of Samaria?

The Bible is not like you, Neither is Christ, He Always Speaks Accurately and the Bible is Always Very Accurate in its Statements and it's Choice of Words, at least KjV is.

But you are very Obstinate. "A wise man will hear correction and increase in learning."

[img]https://s5/images/sourcecfa79666e8110220.gif[/img]
"Yeshua said to him,
“The first of all the commandments:
'Hear Israel, THE LORD JEHOVAH your God, THE LORD JEHOVAH, He is One.
'"
- Mark 12:29

"Though He was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to."
- Philippians 2:6

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulders.
And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
"
- Isaiah 9:6

"A voice cries:
“In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God
"
- Isaiah 40:3

Facepalm. Tsk, tsk, tsk. My brother you need to calm down and stop going gung ho, as the rest are doing on this thread, be at each other's throats over something so simple, but trying to make it complex and/or complicated

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by MuttleyLaff: 8:08am On Aug 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

"And Jesus said to him,
Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.
"
- Mark 10:18

The penny drops moment, that reinforces the truth and fact about Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ being and/or is God

Preciousgirl:

[img]https://s4/images/orijin-bitters.jpg[/img]
"Yeshua said to him,
“The first of all the commandments:
'Hear Israel, THE LORD JEHOVAH your God, THE LORD JEHOVAH, He is One.
'"
- Mark 12:29

Word. Gbam. Not just read Deuteronomy 6:4 but read also Mark 12:29 too.

Somebori please pass this my sister, correct head dey there, Preciousgirl, this chilled bottle of orijin. Plus send her a truckload of kolanuts as well and after that, consider her sharp sharp, next governor of her state of origin.

Right on point on all accounts. Wehdone Ma'am! Please drink responsibly though
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by MuttleyLaff: 8:08am On Aug 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

jamesid29:

Shalom sir
"Then Jacob asked, saying,
Tell me Your name, I pray.”
And He said, “Why is it that you ask about My name?” And He blessed him there
"
- Genesis 32:29

"17Then Manoah said to Him, “What is Your name, so that we may honor You when Your words come true? ”
18“Why do you ask My name,” the Angel of the LORD asked him, “since it is wonderful.” (i.e. if you did, you couldn't understand it)
"
- Judges 13:18

"13Then Moses asked God,
Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’
and they ask me, ‘What is His name?What should I tell them?

14God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.
This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”…
"
- Exodus 3:13

Have you ever wondered why a couple of the biblical characters ever wanted to know God's name, but on each occasion their requests were rebuffed in no uncertain times, with why do you want to know, you cant understand the essence of the name, it will be incomprehensible to you et cetera.

There is only one God. The Lord God is one. It so happen God reveals Himself to us in the Bible, in at least three persons/forms, starting with God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. However, the same God reveal Himself to Moshe aka Moses, as a bush on on flames but not burning. He revealed Himself to the Israelites, as a pillar of cloud during the day and a pillar of fire at night. He reveals Himself as the Angel of the Lord. God is I AM that I AM. He will be whatsoever is necessary for Him to be and so God is infinite/infinity persons

OK, you want to discuss person(s), my dear beloved brother, Dtruthspeaker, hmm, abi?

Of course, every human is one person. The same way I keep using the H20 analogy on previous posts, no matter whether turned into water, ice or steam, H20 still retains its elements and/or molecular composition. Liquid is recognizably different in sight from gas and solid, solid is recognizably different in sight from liquid and gas, also, gas is recognizably different in sight from liquid and solid, but the three, are all equal and the same in composition.

Now, it will interest you to know, that there actually are other forms of water apart from the well known H20. This will be talking of D20 and T20 aside the well known H20. The former two (i.e. D20 and T20) are out of the thread's scope to be discussed here, but the info about them are just presented here, to serve as a fyi and something to keep in a corner of the mind, in case future opportunities arises to discuss them.

It is no secret that God creates/created by the "Let there be ..." spoken Word and through the power of the enabling seven spirits of God, He creates/created the universe, galaxies, world, creation and creatures

I am a spirit, with a soul housed in an earth mass of body. My word represents me, my name represents me. My good name and word, that's as good as gold, are very important to me and my family.

There is nothing complex in understanding that though God is infinite/infinity persons, He for the most part of the Bible chose to present Himself in a particular three person format

God is "I AM, that I AM," that is meaning, God will be and become whatever is necessary for Him, His purpose(s), His objective(s), His aims, His plan(s) et cetera to be

The thing about Triune God, is that God is trinity and more, because God is unknown number of persons. God, in fact, is infinity. He is an Infinite God

biblical truth and biblical fact, that God is not a "not-known-number" of person. God, as a matter of fact then, is, x-person and so God, in effect is, ∞-persons, as in, meaning, God is infinite or infinity.

God is a Incorporeal. He is a Spirit, without any bound, without limit, without a beginning, without an end. God oxymoronically has no beginning and no end. He is the beginning/first and the end/last. God is someone bigger and larger than any specified number, even three, trinity, triune or trio persons . This means, dont put God in a box. It explains why God in His infinite wisdom DIDNT ALLOW THE WORD TRINITY, to be PRINTED out black and white kokoro IN THE BIBLE
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by eplanning: 9:19am On Aug 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

The thing about Triune God, is that God is trinity and more, because God is unknown number of persons. God, in fact, is infinity. He is an Infinite God

biblical truth and biblical fact, that God is not a "not-known-number" of person. God, as a matter of fact then, is, x-person and so God, in effect is, ∞-persons, as in, meaning, God is infinite or infinity.

God is a Incorporeal. He is a Spirit, without any bound, without limit, without a beginning, without an end. God oxymoronically has no beginning and no end. He is the beginning/first and the end/last. God is someone bigger and larger than any specified number, even three, trinity, triune or trio persons . This means, dont put God in a box. It explains why God in His infinite wisdom DIDNT ALLOW THE WORD TRINITY, to be PRINTED out black and white kokoro IN THE BIBLE

The problem is even with the term God. How did it come and why. Even so-called bible believers haven't asked themselves this question.

In the scriptures, the Hebrew Word ELOHIYM is often rendered as God. But unfortunately, not only was God used to replace the name of the Most High YAH in daily communication, it has confused the minds of many, especially Christians who don't know the difference.

ELOHIYM is from Bantu ELEIM and means Power or Might. It's the same meaning in Paleo-Hebrew. Now this could be any God or any power, but in referring to that of the bible, we say ELEIM of Israel or the God of Israel.

A very terrible thing was done in replacing the name YAH or YAHUAH with THE LORD in the English Bible by Europeans. This has misled many into worshipping various deities even using the bible. It was also done to remove any trace of Africanness from the name of the Most High because the name YAH was well known on the continent of Africa and was even referred to as a movement (YAHWISM) centuries ago in regions were Isrealites settled on the continent. Today, true Isrealites still bear YAH in their names.

Now MESSIAH wouldn't dare refer to himself as YAHUAH that would have been ridiculous. Even his disciples would never accept such. True ISRAELITES will never give the glory that belongs to the Most High YAH to a man. That is a commandment that abides forever.

It is the Father who crowned MESSIAH with glory and honour and gave him a name that is above every name. That doesn't take away YAHUAH'S supremeness for besides YAHUAH, there is no savior.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by MuttleyLaff: 9:23am On Aug 29, 2020
Janosky:
John 20:17, Revelation 3:5,12,Jesus Christ says Mbanu !!!!
Jesus says he is ascending to my Father and your Father, your God and my God"

If your claim is true, Matthew 27:46, Jesus would have shouted to his other two Comrades to come to his rescue ," my Gods, my Gods, why have you guys forsaken me?" grin grin grin grin
"Though He was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to."
- Philippians 2:6

I dont think, you've ever done a 2 Timothy 2:15 on the above Philippians 2:6 yet. When you do get to, please look up the Greek word "morph" used in the verse, maybe after, you might get the epiphany on how God projected Himself to move into a different place and time constraint
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by jamesid29(m): 9:33am On Aug 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Have you ever wondered why a couple of the biblical characters ever wanted to know God's name, but on each occasion their requests were rebuffed in no uncertain times, with why do you want to know, you cant understand the essence of the name, it will be incomprehensible to you et cetera.

There is only one God. The Lord God is one. It so happen God reveals Himself to us in the Bible, in at least three persons/forms, starting with God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. However, the same God reveal Himself to Moshe aka Moses, as a bush on on flames but not burning. He revealed Himself to the Israelites, as a pillar of cloud during the day and a pillar of fire at night. He reveals Himself as the Angel of the Lord. God is I AM that I AM. He will be whatsoever is necessary for Him to be and so God is infinite/infinity persons

OK, you want to discuss person(s), my dear beloved brother, Dtruthspeaker, hmm, abi?

Of course, every human is one person. The same way I keep using the H20 analogy on previous posts, no matter whether turned into water, ice or steam, H20 still retains its elements and/or molecular composition. Liquid is recognizably different in sight from gas and solid, solid is recognizably different in sight from liquid and gas, also, gas is recognizably different in sight from liquid and solid, but the three, are all equal and the same in composition.

Now, it will interest you to know, that there actually are other forms of water apart from the well known H20. This will be talking of D20 and T20 aside the well known H20. The former two (i.e. D20 and T20) are out of the thread's scope to be discussed here, but the info about them are just presented here, to serve as a fyi and something to keep in a corner of the mind, in case future opportunities arises to discuss them.

It is no secret that God creates/created by the "Let there be ..." spoken Word and through the power of the enabling seven spirits of God, He creates/created the universe, galaxies, world, creation and creatures

I am a spirit, with a soul housed in an earth mass of body. My word represents me, my name represents me. My good name and word, that's as good as gold, are very important to me and my family.

There is nothing complex in understanding that though God is infinite/infinity persons, He for the most part of the Bible chose present Himself in a particular three person format

God is "I AM, that I AM," that is meaning, God will be and become whatever is necessary for Him, His purpose(s), His objective(s), His aims, His plan(s) et cetera to be

I get where you are coming from but the thing is, saying God is ∞-persons or not-known-number of persons beyond what the scriptures reveals to us. As believers, the scriptures properly interpreted is the final authority on all matters of faith and what it teaches is that, There is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons, the Father, the Son and the Spirit. Anything outside of that is falling into one extreme or another.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by MuttleyLaff: 9:37am On Aug 29, 2020
eplanning:
The problem is even with the term God. How did it come and why. Even so-called bible believers haven't asked themselves this question.

In the scriptures, the Hebrew Word ELOHIYM is often rendered as God. But unfortunately, not only was God used to replace the name of the Most High YAH in daily communication, it has confused the minds of many, especially Christians who don't know the difference.

ELOHIYM is from Bantu ELEIM and means Power or Might. It's the same meaning in Paleo-Hebrew. Now this could be any God or any power, but in referring to that of the bible, we say ELEIM of Israel or the God of Israel.

A very terrible thing was done in replacing the name YAH or YAHUAH with THE LORD in the English Bible by Europeans. This has misled many into worshipping various deities even using the bible. It was also done to remove any trace of Africanness from the name of the Most High because the name YAH was well known on the continent of Africa and was even referred to as a movement (YAHWISM) centuries ago in regions were Isrealites settled on the continent. Today, true Isrealites still bear YAH in their names.

Now MESSIAH wouldn't dare refer to himself as YAHUAH that would have been ridiculous. Even his disciples would never accept such. True ISRAELITES will never give the glory that belongs to the Most High YAH to a man. That is a commandment that abides forever.

It is the Father who crowned MESSIAH with glory and honour and gave him a name that is above every name. That doesn't take away YAHUAH'S supremeness for besides YAHUAH, there is no savior.

MuttleyLaff:
I concur that the "Hebiru" are not exactly the same as the Hebrews

The "Hebiru" or ''Habiru'' are not forebears of the Hebrews
"Hebiru" or ''Habiru' is different altogether from the Hebrew because the former has more to do with name-calling

Abraham and his forebears are Chaldeans (i.e. Gen 11:31, 15:6)
Abraham and his forebears never called themselves Hebrews
but it is worth noting that the first name calling Hebrew was Abraham

Hebrew is a derivative of the name and/or word ''Eber''
First fascinating thing about Eber is that, he is third post-diluvian patriach after Shem (i.e. Gen 10:24 & Gen 11:14)
making him Abraham's great, great, great, great-grandfather.
and effectively the founder of the Hebrew race (i.e. Gen 10:21)

Second fascinating thing about Eber, is that his name literally means ''region beyond river'' or ''to pass through river''

Now, how come Abraham, a Chaldean, suddenly overnight becomes name-called a Hebrew raises the question
Well this happened when the word was first applied in the Bible to Abraham where he was name-called ''Abram the Hebrew'' (i.e. Gen. 14:13)

Good but El, a Hebrew word most often translated as ''God'' in our Bibles, is a generic reference word and nowhere does it actually signify being a name
YHWH is not just the name of the Jewish God but importantly is the personal name for El
YHWH is not just a Jewish God but is the true and one only universal God

God and El both mean ''the self-existing all-powerful authority influence''

In effect, God is synonymous with El, as in, God and El are the same thing and God and El have the same meaning

God is the English translation of Hebrew word El

''... as he understood it''

El is a phenomenon, and YHWH is the personal name of the phenomenon,

SMH, you shot yourself in the foot with this one by butchering the translation of that Ugarit clay isolated tablet fragment
That word and/or name ''ilt'' is being mistranslated as the name El.
This is wrong because in Ugaritic the name El is written as ''il,'' and not as ''ilt''

Tear down their altars, crush their sacred stones, burn their poles dedicated to the goddess Asherah,
cut down their idols, and wipe out the names of their gods from those places.

- Deuteronomy 12:3

When you build the altar for the LORD (i.e. Yahweh) your God,
never plant beside it any tree dedicated to the goddess Asherah.

- Deuteronomy 16:21

This mention and the one above it, seems to show that no pleasure was taken in understanding before posting a cynic and skeptic objective, showing off ill-informed opinions, full of holes and glaring errors

Again the word and/or name ''ilt'' in that text is not Yahweh, but is Ilatu, the goddess also known as Asherah
How could a goddess be the "son" of anyone?

The whole text of the isolated tablet fragment, in context is found online
(i.e. my son by the name of Yawu, O goddess `Elatu..." )
It shows ''bny'' mistranslated as ''the son of'' actually meaning ''my son''

The phonetic similarity between the name Yahweh and Yw, which occurs only in a single text (i.e. KTU 1.1 IV 14) ends right there
Yahweh is Yahweh and is not synonymous with Yw or Yawu
Yahweh is El, ''the self-existing all-powerful authority influence'' - God
There is no problem even with the term God. The title, expression, designation, is self explanatory, even in the secular or spiritual sense of it. For some their belly is their god, for some mammon has become a god to them. Whatever has a hold on you, whatever has power on you, whatever influences you or has an influence on you is a god to you, you have made a god to you, have allowed it become a god to you et cetera
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by MuttleyLaff: 9:43am On Aug 29, 2020
jamesid29:
I get where you are coming from but the thing is, saying God is ∞-persons or not-known-number of persons beyond what the scriptures reveals to us. As believers, the scriptures properly interpreted is the final authority on all matters of faith and what it teaches is that, There is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons, the Father, the Son and the Spirit. Anything outside of that is falling into one extreme or another.
Everything and anything I share , is always going to be scripture based, capable of being scripture fact check.

You havent read me disputing that there are more than one God. There is only one H20, just as the Lord Our God is one.

Now this same God if infinite, why then are you limiting Him to just and only three persons, hmm? Especially when He reveals that He is I AM that I AM, hmm?

How do you reconcile and explain Him, revealing/showing Himself to Moshe aka Moses, as a bush on flames but not burning, hmm?. Or when He revealed Himself to the Israelites, as a pillar of cloud during the day and a pillar of fire at night, erhn? Or as the Angel of the Lord to Hagar or Abraham, hmm? (i.e. Genesis 16:7, Genesis 22:11 et cetera)
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by jamesid29(m): 10:54am On Aug 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

You havent read me disputing that there are more than one God. There is only one H20, just as the Lord Our God is one.

Now this same God if infinite, why then are you limiting Him to just and only three persons, hmm? Especially when He reveals that He is I AM that I AM, hmm?
Its not about limiting God bro, it's about staying within what God has revealed about himself through the scriptures.
When the scriptures say God is infinite, it is uses infinite in terms of attributes (omnipotent, omnipresence etc) but not infinite in terms of Personhood(One God, 3 distinct Persons. The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father, both the Father and the Son are distinct from the Spirit but all three are co-eternal ,pre-existent and the One God).

How do you reconcile and explain Him, revealing/showing Himself to Moshe aka Moses, as a bush on flames but not burning, hmm?. Or when He revealed Himself to the Israelites, as a pillar of cloud during the day and a pillar of fire at night, erhn? Or as the Angel of the Lord to Hagar or Abraham, hmm?

The difference is God is not the pillar of fire or the pillar of cloud, those things are pointers to the presence of God. But the Son and the Spirit are actually God, both pre-existent, co-eternal but distinct from the Father.
As for the Angle of the Lord, that's actually a very interesting conversation.

But as I told the other brothers earlier, I'm not trying to convince you or start a back and forth, I'm just pointing it out since this is a very important aspect of the faith. At the end of the day even though we might not be able to comprehend the full inner workings of God ,we can apprehend what has been revealed to us through the scriptures and In matters like this that is a foundational doctrine, it's really worth it to stay within what the Bible teaches.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Different From The Father!!! by MuttleyLaff: 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
jamesid29:
Its not about limiting God bro, it's about staying within what God has revealed about himself through the scriptures.
When the scriptures say God is infinite, it is uses infinite in terms of attributes (omnipotent, omnipresence etc) but not infinite in terms of Personhood(One God, 3 distinct Persons.
Why didnt God in His infinite wisdom ALLOW THE WORD TRINITY, to be PRINTED out black and white kokoro IN THE BIBLE?

jamesid29:
The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father, both the Father and the Son are distinct from the Spirit but all three are co-eternal ,pre-existent and the One God)
Liquid H20 is not solid H20, neither is it H20 gaseous. Both H20 gas and H20 water aren't H20 solid or vice versa, they are distinct to each other, though they are same one thing.

I keep using the H20 analogy, like on previous posts, no matter whether turned into water, ice or steam, H20 still retains its elements and/or molecular composition. Liquid is recognizably different in sight, from gas and solid, solid is recognizably different in sight from liquid and gas, also, gas is recognizably different in sight from liquid and solid, but the three, are all equal and the same in composition.

Now, since you didnt address the question fully, I'll repeat it and ask, if this same God if infinite, why then are you limiting Him to just and only three persons, hmm? Especially when He reveals that He is I AM that I AM, hmm?

jamesid29:
The difference is God is not the pillar of fire or the pillar of cloud, those things are pointers to the presence of God. But the Son and the Spirit are actually God, both pre-existent, co-eternal but distinct from the Father.
We aren't discussing differences here, but saying you cant put person limitations on God. No one is disputing with you that the Son and the Spirit are actually God, both pre-existent, co-eternal but distinct from the Father. Just as ice block is distinct from aqua, rain, drizzle, tears, mist, steam, vapour et cetera

At what point did God, the Spirit become God the Father, what point did the Word, (i.e. Logos) become the Son, and what point did the seven distinct expression of the God, the Spirit, become the Holy Spirit?

jamesid29:
As for the Angle of the Lord, that's actually a very interesting conversation.
I am sure you'll certainly have an interesting angle to the Angel of the Lord

jamesid29:
But as I told the other brothers earlier, I'm not trying to convince you or start a back and forth, I'm just pointing it out since this is a very important aspect of the faith. At the end of the day even though we might not be able to comprehend the full inner workings of God, we can apprehend what has been revealed to us through the scriptures ...
"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings
(i.e. It is the glory of God to hide things but the glory of kings to investigate them.
God is praised for being mysterious; rulers are praised for explaining mysteries)
"
- Proverbs 25:2

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,
He will teach you all things and will bring to your remembrance all things that I have said to you.
"
- John 14:26

"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth;
for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak;
and He will disclose to you what is to come
"
- John 16:13

I dont care what cop out you want to use, but the truth of the matter is that, the brain, isn't an ornament to decorate the body with, and so, we are blessed with this powerfully built processing functional gift for a purpose, reason and such a time as this

jamesid29:
... and In matters like this that is a foundational doctrine, it's really worth it to stay within what the Bible teaches.
You are stepping on a banana peel "foundational doctrine" here. Where exactly does the Bible teach this your so called "foundational doctrine" thats allegedly within the Bible? I would like to see the Bible verse(s) explicitly restricting God been revealed to us and expressing Himself to us as only three persons

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sin: God's Misunderstanding Of Human Behaviour / Anyone Who Goes Against This Order Is On Its Own / In Islamic Hell Fire,there Is Hope For Atheists To Be Set Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.