Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,715 members, 7,809,706 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On His Re-election As AFDB President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On His Re-election As AFDB President (172 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Sworn In For Second Term As AfDB President / Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On His Re-election As AFDB President by Ababbio: 7:30am On Aug 28, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated former Honourable Minister of Agriculture, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Akinwumi A. Adesina on his re-electoion as the President of the African Development Bank.

The President sent his congratulations message to him, through his verified Tweeter handle, on Thursday, August 27, 2020.

According to Buhari, Adesina re-election was a well deserved victory, adding that he would accomplish more of his lofty vision for the Bank.

President Buhari thanked Africa Union for it's early endorsement of Dr. Adesina, and also thanked the shareholders of the bank who worked tirelessly for his re-election victory.

He reiterate his early pledged of full support of the Nigerian government to ensure a successful second term for Dr. Adesina.

Buhari prayed that the Almighty God will continue to strengthen him and his team to deliver even greater development to the African continent.

In his words:

"I congratulate Akinwumi A. Adesina on his re-election for a second term in office as President of the African Development Bank.

"It is a well deserved victory. I have no doubt that in this second term Dr. Adesina will accomplish even more of his lofty vision for the Bank.

"I thank the African Union for its early endorsement of Dr. Adesina, and also thank the shareholders of the bank who worked tirelessly for his re-election victory.

"Let me reiterate my earlier pledges of the full support of the Nigerian government to ensure a successful second term for Dr. Adesina. I pray that the Almighty God will continue to strengthen him and his team to deliver even greater development to the African continent."

source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/buhari-congratulates-akinwumi-adesina-on-his-re-election-as-president-africa-development-bank/

Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On His Re-election As AFDB President by Ababbio: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2020
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On His Re-election As AFDB President by SmartProf(m): 7:42am On Aug 28, 2020
Its a very well deserved victory considering that an overzealous USA were hell bent on interfering. President Buhari on his part did really well to provide necessary support for him. Overall, when you make yourself an amazing brand of excellence, your worth will sell itself to the world.
Re: Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On His Re-election As AFDB President by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 28, 2020
I remember the United States Stood against his.re-election because his policies favour China more.

Good to know he remains president.

(1) (Reply)

.. / NBA President Akpata To Audit 2016, 2018, 2020 Elections / Fresh Hope For Nigerians| Senate President,osibanjo And Others Team-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.