Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans (5298 Views)

Airtel Unveils Exciting Plans For Home Broadband Customers / Airtel Unveils New Cheap Data Plans To Satisfy Consumers Growing Demand / Glo Increases Their Data Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by postbox: 11:02am On Aug 28, 2020
Leading telecommunications services provider, Airtel Nigeria, has announced the introduction of its Unlimited Ultra Plans, a new value offering that is designed to ensure it’s Home Broadband customers do not run out of data while enjoying superior, uncapped speed and continuous broadband connectivity to the internet.

According to Airtel, the new offering, which is available only to Routers and Outdoor Unit (ODU) customers, will offer telecom consumers the freedom to do more and become more productive without worrying about data speed reduction and utilization, ensuring that customers ‘Never Run Out of Data.’

With the ‘New Unlimited Ultra Plans’, customers have four distinct packages to choose from which include ‘Unlimited Ultra Weekly’, ‘Unlimited Ultra Standard’, ‘Unlimited Ultra Diamond’ and ‘Unlimited Ultra Platinum’, each package comes with unlimited Data, Uncapped speed and applicable Fair Usage Policy (FUP).

Customers who purchase Unlimited Ultra weekly, which is priced at N5,000 only will enjoy Unlimited Data for 7 days with a FUP of 30GB plus 1GB data daily after FUP, whilst Customers who purchase the Unlimited Ultra Standard for N20,000 will enjoy Unlimited Data for 30 days with a FUP of 130GB plus 3GB data daily after FUP.  

For Unlimited Ultra Diamond, which can be purchased for N30,000 and Unlimited Ultra Platinum for N60,000 only, Customers will enjoy Unlimited Data for 30 Days with a FUP of 210 GB and 550 GB respectively plus 3GB data daily after FUP.

Commenting on the new offer, Godfrey Efeurhobo, Director, Home Broadband, Airtel Nigeria, said the Unlimited Ultra plans will further enrich Home Broadband customers experience. According to him, the Unlimited Ultra plans have been designed to meet the growing demand for quality Home Broadband experience with consideration for those working from home, schooling remotely and enjoying home entertainment.

“Airtel is committed to creating unique and innovative value propositions that will make life simpler, easier, better and more fun for all its customers. With this compelling Unlimited Ultra plans, we are confident that telecoms consumers in the Home Broadband segment will have an enriched experience and further empowered to realize their full potentials,” he said. 

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2020/08/27/airtel-unveils-unlimited-data-plans/

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by DaInferno(m): 11:07am On Aug 28, 2020
be like this people want change the meaning of unlimited, which one is 30G FUP Again?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by LoudlyMouthed: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2020
Olodo
So, FUP (Fair Usage Policy) na your own "Unlimited" abi?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by edoairways: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
What kind of lie is this? To worsen it,they erroneously use the word unlimited

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by wingmanIII: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
Why is data so expensive in Nigeria?

12 Likes

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by andy82: 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
Be careful of that Telecom company called Airtel. Biggest scam in Telecom business.

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Akechukwuka: 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
If it's so, I reserved my money. What is the use of buying those high costly data without a good network to enjoy it.
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by FlipModeSquade(m): 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
So it's UNLIMITED and at the same time subject to FUP?
Should have just told us 37Gb for 5K per Week.
Werey.. shocked

14 Likes

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by 100naira(m): 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
Na u call am unlimited, na you still limit am

Do these people think that we are fools?

8 Likes

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by LadySarah: 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
wingmanIII:
Why is data so expensive in Nigeria?

Cost of fuel and securing masts.

First is the. Craziest.

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by SpicyMimi(f): 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
I subscribe monthly data daily using Airtel. Please which is the best? I’m tired of this robbery cry
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Pussymender: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
Airtel Dem bi certified Scammers.
Una for just call am Unlimited Limited plan.

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by GreaterFuture1(m): 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
Do we Actually Have Unlimited Internet Data Plans In Nigeria? Does any ISP provide Sensible Large Data Plans?
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by benedictuyi(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
How does unlimited still have fair usage policy?
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by winkmart: 6:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
Wow
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Enceladus(m): 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
This sh!t is screaming scam!! God punish Nigerian ISP's
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Onyenna(m): 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
SpicyMimi:
I subscribe monthly data daily using Airtel. Please which is the best? I’m tired of this robbery cry

I switched from Airtel to MTN..... Airtel raped me!
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by SpicyMimi(f): 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
Onyenna:

I switched from Airtel to MTN..... Airtel raped me!
They are so wicked!!!!
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by famep(m): 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Werey.. shocked
What's fup
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by michlins(m): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
Mumu people. Unlimited with data cap. Una no understand the English una dey speak again

1 Like

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
famep:

What's fup
Fair Usage Policy..
That's a diplomatic way of telling you that Unlimited data is not really unlimited.. shocked

5 Likes

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by sureteeboy(m): 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Werey.. shocked
If you exhaust the 30GB in a single day, you have only 6 days left to enjoy extra 1GB each, so that's 36GB for #5000
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Askme2020(m): 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
Ole people.
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Minjim: 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Werey.. shocked

That's not even possible because you have to finish the 30gb first. And you can't do that in one day
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Gerrie(m): 11:20pm On Aug 28, 2020
Limited Unlimited shocked
It's fair anyway with Nigerian factors such as expensive power supply and political interests in place.
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by daywalker02: 12:28am On Aug 29, 2020
LoudlyMouthed:
Olodo
So, FUP (Fair Usage Policy) na your own "Unlimited" abi?

It means after 30gb the browsing speed will reduce dramatically, once u exceed that 30gb for d 7 days validity, u wouldn't enjoy d subscription again, it will be too slow for u

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by KrazyDave16(m): 2:13am On Aug 29, 2020
Minjim:

That's not even possible because you have to finish the 30gb first. And you can't do that in one day
Guyy I can burn over 100GB in a day reading comics or downloading movies (not them 50MB kind that will make me strain my eye) and books as well
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by KrazyDave16(m): 2:16am On Aug 29, 2020
These unlimited data packages are waay too expensive and the FUP isn't fair at all.
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Abraham22(m): 6:31am On Aug 29, 2020
we want something truly unlimited how they do in India

1 Like

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by rationalhuman(m): 7:06am On Aug 29, 2020
Electricity is 24 X7 and very cheap over there
Here companies have to rely on Generators

BTS, Transponders, Modulators and Routing channel Machines they make over there
Here companies have to import from there or china

Global connectivity over there is established by 7 world wide OFC cable network and 18 dedicated Satellite systems (also made over there)
Here entire Western African region have only one OFC and no Private Satellite data link

Government charges very less Licencing spectrum fee over there for per subscriber and large region.
Here governments charges huge amount yet subscriptions are low

Technical experts are locally available there
Here companies have to bring them from outside that makes operation expensive.

There are 9 Telecom operators
How many here?

so How can you expect same call and Data charges?

Abraham22:
we want something truly unlimited how they do in India

1 Like

Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Minjim: 7:16am On Aug 29, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Guyy I can burn over 100GB in a day reading comics or downloading movies (not them 50MB kind that will make me strain my eye) and books as well

They'll make sure the speed of the data prevents you from doing exactly that
Re: Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans by emmy512: 7:39am On Aug 29, 2020
I like it,
I can just do donation with people that use my router and we get it for a month.
That way we're sure of data so long the say the speed won't be capped but data will

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Root The Infinix Hot X507 And Infinix Hot Note X551 Without Pc / After Waiting For MTN Special Sunday Offer I Got This / The Pins You Should Not Accept As A Blackberry User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.