Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:55 AM

Video: This Is How Fake Phones Are Sold To You In Computer Village - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Video: This Is How Fake Phones Are Sold To You In Computer Village (444 Views)

NDLEA: How Fake $20m Was Found In An Abuja-bound Bus From Lagos / How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call / Man Spanks A Lady's Backside In Computer Village And Runs Away, She Curses Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: This Is How Fake Phones Are Sold To You In Computer Village by FARA4GA: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59pqZzWEI0

Many threads have been opened in this forum of how fufu or eba has been sold to members, or close associates of this forum as phones.

Many who went home with these fake phones are left perplexed, with most thinking it was Juju that was used in them because they had earlier tested the phones and they were working perfectly, only to get home and see dead phones.

I came across this videos and decided to share with you guys. Hopefully, I will save someone from being scammed today.

When you get to the market, you will meet people hawking on the streets with phones in their hands; if you see the phone you like and feel like buying, they will give you the original phone — the phone you really want to buy and allow you to operate it well. They might even show you the accessories and manual and when you are convinced that the phone is working perfectly, the negotiation of the price will commence immediately," he explained, scrupulously.

"You guys will agree to pay some certain amount of money. And, after you might have agreed on payment, they will tell you that they need or want to package it for you. Immediately they take the phone, they will give you another phone entirely, though it will be the same colour and look alike. After getting home and you open it, you will see that it is not working or that it is only ‘fufu’ they have given you."

"Of course you will be furious and when you get back to the exact place the phone was sold to you, you may get them and they will ask if you weren't the one who checked the phone yourself.

"And, they have ‘arrangee’ [fake] policemen who will come to shout at you just to intimidate and initiate that fear in you. If you are the type that is not brave, you will begin to beg them instead. All you will want to do at that time is to get rid of their trouble."

"This is the logic. They'll hold the original item, let's say a phone. They'll negotiate with the intending buyer using the original product. They know what they want to do. The fake product will be in their pocket. After negotiating with the intending buyer, they'll quickly change the original with the fake while the buyer is counting money.

"They are good at doing that without the buyer noticing. They'll then raise alarm about the arrival of the police. When that happens, one wouldn't even be able to check what one has bought. Then, they'll run away."

So guys, you all should be careful next time you gi to computer village.

It's all slight of hand. They distract you and change the phone when yiur attention is drawn away.

Be guided

1 Like

Re: Video: This Is How Fake Phones Are Sold To You In Computer Village by daddytime(m): 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
Informative for the naive.
Re: Video: This Is How Fake Phones Are Sold To You In Computer Village by Stocktrader: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
Trickish Nigerians.

I remembered when I was tricked back then in Alade market Ikeja changing dollars, 2014 to be precise, getting back to my hotel the money was shorting around 50k plus, I was in a hurry though and was in my Suv.

I just laughed and said to myself this guys got me, this only happened because the market was not opened as I went there before 7am and I have Alhaji I use to change money from inside the market, he owns his office there.
I simply don't want to cause trouble to them and decide to take some dollars again to go and change but this time around inside the market with my Alhaji Customer, I told him what happened he said that is how they use to behave outside.

Notice those outside that is the crooks will offer to change dollar to you at a very high price making it very attractive offer to you, it's all part of the plan to rob you, I did not want to maje trouble with those who did it because I was in a hurry.

Next time I went to change, I was very prepared, 10,000 Soldiers with me and not on Uniforms, scattered around and was there before me, I just told them, anyone I changed money with outside, as soon as I leave after changing the money, they should round them up because I will not count the money the second time and i know it will be missing again.

That fateful day, the unfortunate crook I met offer to change dollar to me, 2015 at the rate of 450 when dollar was actually like 350, I said cool no problem, I said 1000 dollars, which suppose to be 450,000 from their price, I allowed them do their magic as if I'm not aware, and left, getting to my hotel I count again and it was 250k.
In few less than 1 minute my soldier friend brought in the 4 crooks, I made sure after beating, they completed the money to 450k as agreed with their exchange rate, and also pay me extra 50k I lost last year. I no get time for Police Stations, Nigeria is just another Mexico

2 Likes

Re: Video: This Is How Fake Phones Are Sold To You In Computer Village by Tesla369(m): 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2020
This is ghana ojere
Re: Video: This Is How Fake Phones Are Sold To You In Computer Village by austine4real(m): 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
sad angry

Wicked people everywhere
Re: Video: This Is How Fake Phones Are Sold To You In Computer Village by chimezieeze98: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
Tesla369 post=93314200
:

This is ghana ojere

Still same trick used in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

See How This Four Boys Fight On My Son Naming Ceremony / Tragedy As Car Accidentally Ran Into A Spoiled Truck In Warri Delta State / We Are In Love – Eudoxie Yao And Small Sized Fiance, Grand P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.