Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka (1068 Views)

Shiekh Gumi: What IPOB, Sunday Igboho Have Done To Southern Nigeria / IPOB Told Schools With Green In Their Uniforms To Change Them Immediately. / Wonder Why Ipob Told Igbos To Boycott Every Nigeria Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by Mgbadike80: 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Osita Chidoka, former minister of aviation, on Thursday said that the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) told him that they will remain non- violent. This was contained in his statement on the killings in Emene, Enugu State. On August 23, a clash between IPOB and the Department of State Services (DSS) led to loss of lives. Commending efforts to de-escalate the tension, Chidoka said: “IPOB representatives assured me that they remain a non-violent organisation.” He urged the state government to probe the incident. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain called for an end to excessive force. Chidoka also demanded that those responsible for the death of DSS officers and theft of their arms be fished out. The former minister noted that persons in police custody be granted bail or be charged to court. He said: “In my interaction with the security agencies, facts emerged that the DSS lost two officers and automatic rifles during the fracas while two members of IPOB were killed and about five injured. “I condole with the families of all those who lost their lives and ask the government of Enugu State to institute a Commission of Inquiry to ascertain the truth around the incident that led to the death of unarmed civilians and security agents.
“Security agencies must continue to respect the fundamental rights of peaceful assembly in a democracy and be guided by rules of engagement in dealing with unarmed civilians. “Use of force in delicate situations is a bye-product of the militarisation of our society and must be avoided. I condemn the use of violence by any group whether security agents or private groups.” Chidoka added that he would continue to engage with all sides for a peaceful resolution of the conflict.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/28/enugu-killings-what-ipob-told-me-chidoka/

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by SmartProf(m): 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
The question is, in what part of the world do we still have this archaic approach of handling secession agitations by killing and showing force? Meanwhile our govt officials want to advise the people in Mali.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by Aufbauh(m): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
Interesting that the true story is finally coming to the fore.
The fact that it's coming from one of their respected son in the opposition makes it more believable. We've heard series of lies and propaganda from the IPOB and their supporters.

My stance on this is hing on the Latin maxim "Nemo dat quod non actionio' meaning illegality cannot constitute a legal action.

If IPOB has been proscribed then it is illegal for them to operate in any guise, and any harm done to them cannot be pursue legally.
Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by Mgbadike80: 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
Just like Nwodo, this guy effectively said nothing. The Igbo political class are trying to deflate the blame of silence by saying nothing with many words.Las las, na themselves them de deceive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by MrColdsweat: 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
No names, no pictures of the dead officers..

If you believe the account of the satanic police force, which is an oppressive tool of the sokoto caliphate, that 2 officers died, please send me a private message, I have a flying dinosaur I want to sell to you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by SLAP44: 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
IPOB has come to stay.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by jlinkd78(m): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
Every Igbo politician trying to curry favor and be in d good books of IPOB. Why do u identify with IPOB struggle with fear and cowardice. What is wrong in outright condemnation of d excessive use of force on people who jejely gathered within a public place doing their Jewish prayers. There was no disturbance to public peace, they were not armed and were not a security threat to anyone. I like Abaribe for his bravery and Ankio Briggs too both who held d supporter of APC security agencies by d jugular and condemned in strongest terms this genocide against a ppl so much hated for no reason

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by IamWonderful: 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
Proscribed group have no say
Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by Aufbauh(m): 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, You guys should come take this to the FP so that people will hear from the son of the soil the true story.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
Aufbauh:
Interesting that the true story is finally coming to the fore.
The fact that it's coming from one of their respected son in the opposition makes it more believable. We've heard series of lies and propaganda from the IPOB and their supporters.

My stance on this is hing on the Latin maxim "Nemo dat quod non actionio' meaning illegality cannot constitute a legal action.

If IPOB has been proscribed then it is illegal for them to operate in any guise, and any harm done to them cannot be pursue legally.

Shut up! Keep that mouth shut so you don’t display your ignorance for all to see!

Since when was a on-the-spot death sentence the price to pay for ‘illegality’!? Your herdsmen brothers that have been going about all over the country, leaving destruction, misery, orphans, widows, etc in their wake...how many of them have been handed down this ‘sentence’ of death by the combined forces of the police, army, navy, airforce and DSS!? They’ve ramped up their operations ever since their kinsman was sworn into office in 2015, and have murdered thousands in cold-blood! How many of them have been given this treatment given to my kinsfolk that you’re now applauding!?

Given how you display your hatred for Igbos and evil intentions towards them, one would have thought you’d be in support of IPOB....anything that would help you get rid of Ndigbo from your zoo of a country!

You people are not only evil but disgusting as well!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
jlinkd78:
Every Igbo politician trying to curry favor and be in d good books of IPOB. Why do u identify with IPOB struggle with fear and cowardice. What is wrong in outright condemnation of d excessive use of force on people who jejely gathered within a public place doing their Jewish prayers. There was no disturbance to public peace, they were not armed and were not a security threat to anyone. I like Abaribe for his bravery and Ankio Briggs too both who held d supporter of APC security agencies by d jugular and condemned in strongest terms this genocide against a ppl so much hated for no reason

Only Abaribe and Ankio-Briggs have said it as it is, without trying to sound apologetic for anything! What’s wrong is wrong!

Assuming it’s true that a DSS official lost his life, then it’s quite unfortunate! But i doubt i’d have acted any different from those boys after seeing my brothers gunned down in cold-blood!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by Yobabad: 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
Useless country. Nig.eria is cursed and the same curse will follow any yo.ruba man that practice is..lam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by Aufbauh(m): 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

anything that would help you get rid of Ndigbo from my zoo of a country!

You people are not only evil but disgusting as well!

Ndo! I feel your frustration, bitterness and pain.
However, i can't help you as you're stuck in the zoo.

It's so pathetic that a lettered person can believe in an obvious fantasy of unrealistic eldorado country call Biafra. An exercise in futility, a tale of an unserious lazy man believing that a country will be birth and all his problem will be gone. What a pity!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by Jostoman: 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
IamWonderful:
Proscribed group have no say
see your sense for my hand

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by IamWonderful: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
Jostoman:
see your sense for my hand
I wouldn't reply a fool according to his folly, nor wallow with a stinking pig in the mire, you don't even what sense it, I don't cast my pearls to a swine. go and play with your toys
Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by ZZ22: 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
Chidoka ended up saying nothing and I'm sure IPOB didn't tell him anything.
Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by ZZ22: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
Aufbauh:

Ndo! I feel your frustration, bitterness and pain.
However, i can't help you as you're stuck in the zoo.

It's so pathetic that a lettered person can believe in an obvious fantasy of unrealistic eldorado country call Biafra. An exercise in futility, a tale of an unserious lazy man believing that a country will be birth and all his problem will be gone. What a pity!
the people of Katsina, Zamfara, Borno, Kaduna, Taraba, Benue, Niger that believed in your niggarea how body? One of your niggarea senator was crying yesterday that he can't travel to his village after so many people were murdered. What a shame, what a pity to believe in poverty capital of the world with a president without WAEC certificate that has made your niggaerea a safe haven for terrorists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by Ogonimilitant(m): 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
Chidioka has lost all the respect l had for him, it seems he is planning to join APC or looking for an appointment.
How could he have made this useless statement instead of him to condemn the evil.

He virtually blamed unarmed lgbo innocent youths for observing their freedom of association. He apparently absolved the police.

Shame on you, Chidioka.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by Bannylove13: 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
IamWonderful:
I wouldn't reply a fool according to his folly, nor wallow with a stinking pig in the mire, you don't even what sense it, I don't cast my pearls to a swine. go and play with your toys

Typical Yoruba gibberish... meaningless rant ... and for your mind you Dey make sense angry

Yoruba sef

Oya type another Yoruba rant... full !
Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by goodnessme1(f): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
Chidioka or what ever his name is can say what ever he like to please enemies of Igbos.

But we share never forget nor forgive the killing of our people by the terrorist state called nigeria.

Is not a threat but a promise.
Re: Enugu Killings: What IPOB Told Me – Chidoka by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
Mgbadike80:

“Security agencies must continue to respect the fundamental rights of peaceful assembly in a democracy and be guided by rules of engagement in dealing with unarmed civilians. “Use of force in delicate situations is a bye-product of the militarisation of our society and must be avoided.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/28/enugu-killings-what-ipob-told-me-chidoka/
The bitter truth is that the Federal Government goofed big time!!!

You can't be warning Ghanians not to maltreat your citizens when you're are doing the same!!!

You can't proscribe IPOB then ignore the real terrorists

It's like this government is reasoning with their anus!!!

(1) (Reply)

APC Thugs Carry A Mock Coffin To PDP Secretariat And Set It On Fire (video) / TVC Journalist Prediction On Election Edo Decide 2020 / Bad Roads And Filth Mar ENDSARS Protest In Aba- Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.