Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

How Do I Build A Career In IT - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Build A Career In IT (181 Views)

How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? / How To Build A Successful Career As A Data Scientist / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Build A Career In IT by omar5: 7:36am On Aug 29, 2020
I'm an undergraduate and in my early twenties.

I want to build a career in IT, but really don't know what particularly to go for. Previously I've been chasing all these methods that promise to make you some cash in little time, things like survey, apps that pay you to, sites that pay you for task and some more. But I've never really been able to make anything from them.

Now I've decided to learn an actual skill that will sure do pay me, I know a laptop would be vital so I'm trying to save up to get one.

Please help me with list skills that are marketable and at same time have a long time career prospect.
Re: How Do I Build A Career In IT by SKhanmi: 7:41am On Aug 29, 2020
Don't follow a path because it's popular or lucrative. You'll burn out in the end. Find something you're good at, coding, design , hardware, pentesting etc and follow it.

In the meantime check
Cybrary.it
And Stutern. They might give you an idea

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build A Career In IT by mayprince(m): 10:58am On Aug 29, 2020
lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun
Re: How Do I Build A Career In IT by omar5: 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun

please can you push this to front page for more audience and contribution

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Networking Is Important To Your Career / I Am At A Cross Road, I Need Directions / Job Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.