Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Dele Momodu On CAMA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu On CAMA (2225 Views)

Adeleke Honors Dele Momodu On Conferment Of “Aare” By Iwo King (Photos) / FFK And Dele Momodu On Tinubu And 2023 / Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Momodu On CAMA by Atanuje(m): 8:04am On Aug 29, 2020
Dele Momodu wrote
THIS FOR ME IS THE BEST ARGUMENT SO FAR AGAINST CAMA... ENJOY.

"NIGERIAN PASTORS

They are running their churches 100% better than the way the president is running the country.

The fact is many Nigerians are loosing it. They can't think beyond going after pastors.

In what way has pastors prevented Nigeria from owning an airline

In what way do pastors prevent Nigeria from having industries

Less than 0.0001% of pastors own Jets in Nigeria. ----but no, let us forget the over 70% that earn less than 50k/month and focus on the 0.0001% than own jets.

If you run your governments the way church leaders are running churches. Nigeria might be a Qatar right now. In all these argument Canaanland has had stable electricity and water supply for its over 15,000 residents since 1999 and is already on the verge of converting waste to electricity. RCCG is producing 25MW of electricity. Yet your ... govt you pay compulsory tax, vat, CIT, Pet Tax has not been able to give you light decades after independence.

Living Faith has more than 25,000 Staff and has never owed any of them salary! Yet your state govt that collects Allocation plus Tax cannot pay full salary.

Living Faith, a single Church, is schooling 16 thousand of your Citizens in Higher institutions and many more at primary and Secondary levels yet you think you have the capacity to waggle your tongue

I went for Shiloh all through and stayed in the staff quarters, yet it was electricity all through; for one second, water did not go off in spite of thousands that were present. On a normal day you won't walk 20 metres before you find a segregated bin to dispose your waste.

The entire area was fully covered by different layers of Security with multiple CCTV and IoT enabled barrier gates. And yet your Abuja, capital of the Nation does not have CCTV yet you open your .... mouth to talk down on pastors!

Between the guy that calls himself Area father and Bishop David Oyedepo Ministries International who resigned a federal job and started a Church of 3 people and has widened it to over 6,000 churches globally, over 200 schools, 2 hospitals, Over 1000 hectares farm for livestock and crop, Another farm in Igbesa and CU. With 15,000 housing Estate in progress, Water factories, Zeolite factory, One Research center, a scholarship fund, Beverage factories, 10 million books, Publishing house, Radio Station etc who has had more impact or who will have better capacity to govern the nation...??

Canaanland hosts hundreds of thousands of people every week yet no stampede ever. Government gathered people at stadium for recruitment exercise and before it even began, many were dead!

Living Faith already has a master plan till 2032 yet govt does not have a plan for 2020!

You know Illogicality is the trademark of most Africans. They fail to think beyond their prejudices and sentiments hence Africa has remained on the ground.

Can we imagine how developed the nation would have been if we have people with the right mindset at the helm of the nation’s affairs? God bless all our pastors.
THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE CAREFUL WITH THEIR TONGUE."

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by SmartProf(m): 8:08am On Aug 29, 2020
Well said. Some illogical Nigerians have developed a penchant for criticizing the church & church leaders as though they are responsible for their failed lives and the frustrations they suffer in the country. Surprisingly, they rather worship and defend political office holders who are their tribesmen or who they share same religious belief with, meanwhile they themselves survive from crumbs that falls off the tables of these politicians. Nevertheless, the church is immune to such criticisms and will keep growing, while most of it's devilish critics will remain in reproach and penury.

2 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by ThiagoKid(m): 8:19am On Aug 29, 2020
Words on marble.....

I cuncurrrrr!!!!
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by daddytime(m): 8:22am On Aug 29, 2020
Ehen......

I knew you had it in you Bob Dee come on. This is the rational and straight-thinking Bob-Dee I grew up knowing from the days of Concord newspapers not the Bob Dee of Ovation.

This is straight at the bulls-eye and succinctly put.

Well done Dele.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by ERockson: 8:24am On Aug 29, 2020
Words
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by jhydebaba(m): 8:26am On Aug 29, 2020
I don't even understand all this hullabaloo about CAMA. You don't want to be regulated? Simple! Deregister your business centre, in this case, my church like some referred it.

They won't quote this for us now...

Matthew 22:21 Jesus said "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's."

Romans 13:1 "Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities.

But if na ...

Malachi 3:10 : "'Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,' says the LORD of hosts, 'if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows."

We no go hear word.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by adekolaelect(m): 8:39am On Aug 29, 2020
Dele spoke out sense on this . a failed leaders in government are proving know it than the organised Religions Leaders but notwithstanding that law is normal in a country of sensible and God fearing political leaders .not like this of ours .
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:55am On Aug 29, 2020
Though am not a fan of religion, but Dele made sense on this one. Very apt and wonderful piece.
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by paulemi(m): 9:17am On Aug 29, 2020
Exactly the argument I had with a fellow the other day.

Nigerians will support and vote in the most incompetent and unqualified characters into positions of leadership, and in their frustrations when things turn bad for them they would turn around and blame pastors and the church.

The worst of them are the so called social media influencers and self-professed political gurus who make their living from 'political boi-boi' to these politicians.
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by hollah123: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2020
Though I am really not a fan of Nigerian pastors cos I see them as hustlers like me but as regards management strategic planning just give it to them.
The government ignores key areas of the economy n let it rot away cos they want to loot but they focus their attention on things that doesn't affect them.

Instead of making a strict law against corruption they are running after churches
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by emmykingzy: 9:41am On Aug 29, 2020
Well said sir. Balanced and unbiased truth. But see how IDiots and church haters will avoid this thread.
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by festacman(m): 9:44am On Aug 29, 2020
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by bigchuks16(m): 9:52am On Aug 29, 2020
Flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you Mr Dele. Well said

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by RenaissanceGuy: 10:18am On Aug 29, 2020
This is NOT the writing style of Dele Momodu! You cannot use wrong to fight a perceived wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by favor914: 10:57am On Aug 29, 2020
bigchuks16:
Flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you Mr Dele.
Well said
After all the shouting, the CAMA 2020 stands, the legislators have passed a bill, the President has signed it into law.
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by favor914: 11:00am On Aug 29, 2020
emmykingzy:
Well said sir. Balanced and unbiased truth. But see how IDiots and church haters will avoid this thread.
Nonsense talk, does it revert the law? Empty Barrels will always make the loudest noise.
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by airoport: 11:53am On Aug 29, 2020
It's really not about Churches, although they're interested in the money there.
The deeper implication is about about stifling and muzzling OPPOSITION for good! THE REGISTERED NGOs (especially good governance activists)will eventually face unbridled hostile intrusion into their affairs under the guise of control/monitoring/regulations. You can no longer register NGOs without government approval. If you are not registered under what platform can one ventilate grievances, sue the government, protest, etc. We will see more of treasonable felony charges in due course and /or charges of collusion with foreigners to destabilize the country!
Think, people think, and halt this fixation on church ownership/ finances/personalities. The owners will die one day and leave everything but Faith will never die!
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by LeoThaGreat(m): 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
I still think anything any church or entity (NGO or not) does for profit should be taxed! Though charitable deeds/enterprises MUST be exempt!

Now, if any NGO does make profits and doesn't pay taxes, they should be sued.
If they do anything, e.g. compromise in a way that will affect Nigerian citizens, i.e. collect funds/offer support to terrorist organisations (like MURIC was alleged to have from Boko Haram) they should be sued along with their directors.

On no grounds should the directorship of a presumed charity organisation be replaced on governmental orders, even the court of law. They can be deregistered if they lose their case in court of course.

Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by MrColdsweat: 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
I'm not against churches being relegated.

I'm just against this satanic administration which has one way or the other aided in the slaughter of over 100,000 people.

We will not allow a man whose hands are soiled with the blood of innocent people touch the church.
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by Doctorflaky(f): 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
jhydebaba:
I don't even understand all this hullabaloo about CAMA. You don't want to be regulated? Simple! Deregister your business centre, in this case, my church like some referred it.

But if na ...

We no go hear word.

The problem they have with CAMA is not been regulated but appointing an external person over a religious body will be a misfit.

Imagine one Alhaji appointed as a church trustee...
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by Demzlent(m): 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
They run their churches than how president run the country,says who? I pray no president runs Nigeria the way some of these churches are run
If it's about the beautiful edifice on their camp ground,well government officials too run fine businesses and live in fantastic estate
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by abitex577(m): 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
Only fools and APC apologists ignore facts. The worst church leadership in Nigeria currently is better than the best of this wicked APC government.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by emmykingzy: 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
favor914:
Nonsense talk, does it revert the law? Empty Barrels will always make the loudest noise.

One of them ID....ts spotted.
Nonsense talk because truth was revealed. It's very obvious that you are an Enemy of progress. You and your inept government can plot all the evil against the church but always know that it can never stand or work. The Church is marching on.
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by dionma: 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Religion is the opium of the people
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by Oracleforce: 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
jhydebaba:

But if na ...

We no go hear word.

Trashy comment...that lack common sense

Tueh
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by History555: 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
Word. Imagine no stampede despite thousands that attend. No soldiers flogging people in name of maintaining discipline.
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
Atanuje:
Dele Momodu wrote
THIS FOR ME IS THE BEST ARGUMENT SO FAR AGAINST CAMA... ENJOY.

"NIGERIAN PASTORS

They are running their churches 100% better than the way the president is running the country.

If you run your governments the way church leaders are running churches.

Nigeria might be a Qatar right now. In all these argument Canaanland has had stable electricity and water supply for its over 15,000 residents since 1999 and is already on the verge of converting waste to electricity.

RCCG is producing 25MW of electricity. Yet your ... govt you pay compulsory tax, vat, CIT, Pet Tax has not been able to give you light decades after independence.
Loud it!!!

Zombies go quench tonight grin grin grin
Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by Carlyscales: 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
Demzlent:
They run their churches than how president run the country,says who? I pray no president runs Nigeria the way some of these churches are run
If it's about the beautiful edifice on their camp ground,well government officials too run fine businesses and live in fantastic estate
I hope you actually read the masterpiece before commenting?

Re: Dele Momodu On CAMA by UrVillagePpl: 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2020
He didn't say too much. He just stated the obvious..
I hope the govt picks a thing or two from this piece and work towards improving her nation rather than this engagement.

Happy Sunday by the way..

@ Moderators @Lala
Please do the needful. No be only snake and Kidwaya/Erica we won see for front page.
Front page material

(1) (Reply)

Anti-france Protest Erupt In Abuja As Shi'ites Burn The French National Flag@hnk / Nnamdi Kanu Cheery, Preached Unity & Tolerance in DSS Custody - Lawyer / If Abba Kyari Was Igbo, He Would Have Been Suspended - Reno Omokri Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.