Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist (1768 Views)

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / The Atheist's Prayer / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by LordReed(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Every group, religious or irreligious, have extremists, and by extremists, I mean murderers, those that would go to extent of killing those who do not belong or object to their ideals of their group. Some more than the others depending on the principles of the group.

So the threat to one's life for their beliefs or views is not exclusive to you atheists, but history has it that you're the biggest cowards of all time.

Better to be a coward than a murderous religious zealot.

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by LordReed(m): 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Yeah! Hypocritical like little Leah Sharibu was to the much dreaded bokoharam terrorists.

Such fraudsters.

Anyone that falls for your lies are even bigger fools!

Are you confused? Leah Sharibu is now reportedly a Muslim so what is the comparison you are drawing here?

What lies? That I agree that we are cowards so that means you are lying then? LMFAO!
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by LordReed(m): 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
DeusXmachina:

I didn't want to out right bash the guy, but he shouldn't talk when Christians get attacked and forcefullly convert to Islam to save their own lives.

So the Christians in Muhammad's time were cowards by his definition.

Usually people like these are poorly informed with regards to history and in any case will ignore any fact that is inconvenient to their beliefs.
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by Gabe427: 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
It's because you suffer from truth-blindness.

Maybe I do
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by Dantedasz(m): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2020
LordReed:

No be true? LMFAO !

Religion naa comedy central. I never take religionists serious. They are just a relief from tension. Completely hilarious!!! grin
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
LordReed:

Better to be a coward than a murderous religious zealot.
Better not to be both.
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2020
LordReed:

Are you confused? Leah Sharibu is now reportedly a Muslim so what is the comparison you are drawing here?

What lies? That I agree that we are cowards so that means you are lying then? LMFAO!
Reportedly by detective Lordreed or which authentic news media platform?

If so, that must be the reason why she was not freed by the deadly terrorists as the other girls and not released til date according to Lordreed and his news sources.

When someone tell you to stop listening to fake news sources, you wouldn't listen.

Leah Sharibu is an epitome of bravery in this day and age! She refused to convert to Islam even when threatened with death, that's why she wasn't released by the deadly terrorists.

Atheists would immediately convert to become Islamists if they were in her shoes.

Such bunch of cowards!
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by LordReed(m): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Reportedly by detective Lordreed or which authentic news media platform?

If so, that must be the reason why she was not freed by the deadly terrorists as the other girls and not released til date according to Lordreed and his news sources.

When someone tell you to stop listening to fake news sources, you wouldn't listen.

Leah Sharibu is an epitome of bravery in this day and age! She refused to convert to Islam even when threatened with death, that's why she wasn't released by the deadly terrorists.

Atheists would immediately convert to become Islamists if they were in her shoes.

Such bunch of cowards!

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/leah-sharibu-converted-to-islam-gives-birth-to-baby-boy-for-boko-haram-commander/nhtke26

You seem to think your emotional appeal is compelling. I have already accepted that in the face of religious persecution I will kowtow to save my life so your screaming coward is hilarious. As you can see from the above Leah probably has done same. For those of us who don't have our heads buried in our own arses, we sympathise and understand the pressures that would cause her to make such a decision. Unlike religious fundamentalists like you who would immediately condemn her both physically and spiritually.
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
LordReed:

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/leah-sharibu-converted-to-islam-gives-birth-to-baby-boy-for-boko-haram-commander/nhtke26

You seem to think your emotional appeal is compelling. I have already accepted that in the face of religious persecution I will kowtow to save my life so your screaming coward is hilarious. As you can see from the above Leah probably has done same. For those of us who don't have our heads buried in our own arses, we sympathise and understand the pressures that would cause her to make such a decision. Unlike religious fundamentalists like you who would immediately condemn her both physically and spiritually.
http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/25/aid-worker-abducted-b%E2%80%99haram-claims-leah-sharibu-dead

You should be ashamed of yourself, trying to put your God-hating cowardice self in the same bracket with a little girl widely known for her courage and bravery in refusing to denounce her despite the threat posed to her life by the Boko Haram sect.

It's obviously that you're deliberately dodging the confirmed report of her rare feat of courage, but drawing conclusions on the basis of unconfirmed reports to justify yourself, so i brought another unconfirmed report for you to reconcile with that.

Mind you, I only used her as a more recent instance to show that Christianity has not lost that quality which they're renowned for, even though the standard has dropped significantly.

These are the same people you bunch of cowards attack for their belief in God, yet you'd cower and immediately do same if faced with little persecution not even death?

So why should they take anything you say seriously really?

Let me leave you with a screenshot of the post of a so-called atheist here, and the part of the report you brought here concerning Leah Sharibu which has been confirmed.

Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by LordReed(m): 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/25/aid-worker-abducted-b%E2%80%99haram-claims-leah-sharibu-dead

You should be ashamed of yourself, trying to put your God-hating cowardice self in the same bracket with a little girl widely known for her courage and bravery in refusing to denounce her despite the threat posed to her life by the Boko Haram sect.

It's obviously that you're deliberately dodging the confirmed report of her rare feat of courage, but drawing conclusions on the basis of unconfirmed reports to justify yourself, so i brought another unconfirmed report for you to reconcile with that.

Mind you, I only used her as a more recent instance to show that Christianity has not lost that quality which they're renowned for, even though the standard has dropped significantly.

These are the same people you bunch of cowards attack for their belief in God, yet you'd cower and immediately do same if faced with little persecution not even death?

So why should they take anything you say seriously really?

Let me leave you with a screenshot of the post of a so-called atheist here, and the part of the report you brought here concerning Leah Sharibu which has been confirmed.

OMFD! You are a clown.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/01/25/breaking-leah-sheribu-gives-birth-baby-boy-boko-haram-commander-after-being-forced

[s]And what has someone falling into a pit got to do with it? [/s]

EDIT: Oh I see an atheist was bullied by an arsehole Christian, is that what you wanted me to see? SMH. LMFAO!
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2020
LordReed:

OMFD! You are a clown.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/01/25/breaking-leah-sheribu-gives-birth-baby-boy-boko-haram-commander-after-being-forced

[s]And what has someone falling into a pit got to do with it? [/s]

EDIT: Oh I see an atheist was bullied by an arsehole Christian, is that what you wanted me to see? SMH. LMFAO!
Lol! You're much worse!

Yeah I wanted you to see that.

The guy was very foolish and wrong. If I were the one there, I would do everything within my capacity to immediately bring her out. So that's besides the point, but that someone who would be passionately attacking Christians for their belief in God, and saying that He doesn't exist as y'all foolishly do, would now say the Lord's prayer and Jesus save me, which is not an aberration, makes a mockery of atheism and shows how foolish it would be to take your words seriously.
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Lol! You're much worse!

Yeah I wanted you to see that.

The guy was very foolish and wrong. If I were the one there, I would do everything within my capacity to immediately bring her out. So that's besides the point, but that someone who would be passionately attacking Christians for their belief in God, and saying that He doesn't exist as y'all foolishly do, would now say the Lord's prayer and Jesus save me, which is not an aberration, makes a mockery of atheism and shows how foolish it would be to take your words seriously.

Like who cares? You seem to think I give a shít if you call me a coward or that some how you are disparaging atheists and it will pain us. Save your data my guy, none us give a shìt. LMFAO!
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
LordReed:

Like who cares? You seem to think I give a shít if you call me a coward or that some how you are disparaging atheists and it will pain us. Save your data my guy, none us give a shìt. LMFAO!
Lol!

What an irony!

You don't care, yet you're here?

Abeg make I hear word Jare.
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Lol!

What an irony!

You don't care, yet you're here?

Abeg make I hear word Jare.

I came to save you the trouble. LMFAO!
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2020
How can any sane person take such ones that seriously?

Even they think it's foolish to be an atheist when faced with persecution or death.
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist

Is there any atheist here who is ready to lay down his life for atheism's sake?

If you're such a atheist, please kindly indicate to prove that atheism was not only meant for cowards but also those who are ready to pay the ultimate price for their beliefs.

Although I had noticed over time the palpable fear in some of Nairaland's most passionate atheists when it came to the subject of death, but never realized the how bad it was, it was until I gave five reasons in a recent thread why becoming an atheist was not on my agenda, one of which was that none of the greatest scientists in history was an atheist, despite the way they are usually found posing with science using it to justify their atheistic beliefs and sentiments against God as though they were the custodians of it.

It was the excuses some of them were coming up with since they couldn't dispute that glaring fact, that got me completely flabbergasted.

Now one said that Newton and many other scientists were compelled to become "Christians" for fear of being persecuted or killed by Christians, so that he wouldn't blame them for doing that.

Another concurred saying that Christianity of those days used to be radical like Muslims of today, that no one dared opposed Christianity then, citing how "Galileo suffered a lot in the hands of you Christians", among other things, so that with all that persecution, "would one not choose to be a Christian to save his life?" And I was shocked to my bones marrows.

So do they mean that none of the greatest scientists in history was an atheist because they became religious or Christians because they were afraid of death?

If really so, that means the fear of death is the beginning of wisdom for the atheists.

Perhaps what they failed to realize was the fact that the persecution those atheists faced that made them abandon atheism was nothing compared to that which the early Christians faced, so if that were to be the case with the Christians, there perhaps wouldn't even be any Christians today needless say Christian scientists. For virtually all of the twelves disciples of Jesus were killed, some beheaded, even John the brother of James, who wasn't killed, only remained alive because he miraculously survived an assassination attempt after he was boiled in a pot of oil, as he seemed to have an immunity against death.

But despite christians facing such extent of persecution and death, they defied the full might of the Roman empire even without resorting to use of weapons, which is what confounds many about Christianity and distinguishes them from the rest. Because instead of Christians abandoning the faith as a result, they kept multiplying and the church kept marching on stronger. That's how Christianity survived the worst to become undisputed as the largest religion on Earth today.

So for the same people here who claim to be atheists, who are often seen passionately attacking Christians because of their belief in God especially on the basis of science, would still be using the excuse of many atheists becoming Christians then because of fear of persecution and death, as the reason why no single one of the greatest scientist in history was an atheist is as ridiculous as they could possibly come.

Doesn't that expose the foolishness of atheism?

Atheists fear death so much that they would abandon atheism to become Christians, yet they're not afraid to launch ceaseless attacks at Christians because of their belief in God their Creator who gave them life, and hence could easily retrieve it at any moment? They ought to thank God for His mercies and patience with them, the same way they attack Him even though they claim not to believe in His existence.

This proves that the fear of death is the beginning of wisdom for the atheists, because they would be forming God doesn't exist, but it's only when death comes close that their eyes would become clear for them to see the foolishness in atheism, and consequently how foolish it was to die because of it, hence their decision to quickly abandon atheism to choose Christianity when faced with death, just to preserve their lives.

It's quite baffling though why 'many atheists" would have to wait til that point before they become wise when they could become wiser earlier.

God bless.
Balderdash! What has the fear of death to do with Wisdom? Even Jesus Christ told His followers to fear that One is able to destroy both their body and soul, rather than those who can only inflict death upon their bodies. Obviously, it is not death itself that one should fear but what may come after for those who accept Jesus Christ.

Only those who accept Jesus Christ but refuse to do what He commands of them should fear death. Those who do not believe in Him, do not have eternal life as a result and so have no need to fear death as they simply seize to exist upon the event. Those who accept Jesus Christ, however, but refuse to do as He commands, are the ones who have eternal life, which according to Jesus Christ, they will spend in Hell (Matthew 25 vs 41-46).
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
LordReed:

I came to save you the trouble. LMFAO!
Wow! You're so kind!

You must have really achieved your purpose of coming here.
Re: The Fear Of Death Is The Beginning Of Wisdom For The Atheist by LordReed(m): 1:44pm On Oct 06, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Wow! You're so kind!

You must have really achieved your purpose of coming here.

I obviously didn't but I had to try. LMAO!

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Failed And Wasted His Son For Nothing / What Does It Mean To Be Slain In The Spirit? - An Honest Evaluation / Beware Of Frosbel And His Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.