Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,682 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Java Has Failed! - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Has Failed! (22266 Views)

Common Error In Laravel #1:solved File_put_contents Failed To Open Stream / Retrieving The COM Class Factory For Component With CLSID {587CCA26-D3FA-402C-B5A0-259DF7E96D55} Failed Due To The Following Error: 80040154. / Rynga Voip Issues - The Call Failed Due To Sound Device Problem On This Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Java Has Failed! by neutrall(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2011
Bleep off, java is still the best
yeah
i'll proove it anywhere
Re: Java Has Failed! by csharpjava(m): 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2011
@neutrall

Your mates few years ago were saying the same about Novell Network, now Novell Network has been consigned to history as it could not face the might of Windows Networking, same thing is happening to Java, I know some smart Java programmers that have moved over to C# and .net, those Java programmers still hanging on to Java are hanging on to a sinking ship.
Re: Java Has Failed! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 09, 2011
House pls stop confusing JAVA with JavaScript cause they are completely different things:

Java is a programming language originally developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems (which is now a subsidiary of Oracle Corporation) .

While JavaScript can be said to be a prototype-based object-oriented scripting language. JavaScript is implementation of the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript.

They are both different packages from different developers!
Re: Java Has Failed! by bobjr: 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2011
Greetings all

I just joined this forum smiley
Re: Java Has Failed! by gistme24(m): 11:41pm On Mar 13, 2011
@sbucareer , you may feel you are just defending Java, but actually you ended up enlightening us all! I came across Java some 4 years ago only because i did not want to take the .Net path everyone in my class were going simply because they heard Java was " Difficult ", I have never had a single regret ever since. Thank you so much!
Re: Java Has Failed! by Beaf: 11:39pm On Nov 24, 2011
Java has failed on the PC desktop and internet. PC desktop dev is done in .NET or Qt, while internet pages are predominantly .NET or PHP.

For those claiming that Android is Java, I wonder what they think about Oracle's patent suit against Google's Android platform and Googles own arguments that Android is not Java? Or Microsoft collecting patent fees from 55% of Android licensee's, the likes of Samsung and HTC?

For those of us that witnessed the birth C# and their scary Java clone, Visual J#; we only see a familiar trajectory. Google, like Microsoft did earlier, is simply hitching a ride on the Java train until they can come up with their own language, except Google is much more involved in a do or die battle than Microsoft ever was.
C# is thousands of times better than Java will ever be and we can expect that when Google comes out with its own language (if it doesn't adopt C#), it will also be miles better than Java.

If what runs on phones is Android and not Java, then Java is well and truly dead and only putting up a pretend existence.

Some interesting stuff here: http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/10/microsoft-collects-license-fees-on-50-of-android-devices-tells-google-to-wake-up.ars
Re: Java Has Failed! by Manuelcrc(m): 12:31am On Nov 25, 2011
@Africanboy, Some are complaining about classes while others are ranting about the different versions JAVA has. I'll ask just one question here: "Why Did Oracle (Owned by Larry Ellison) By JAVA (Ownwd by Sun Microsystems)?
Re: Java Has Failed! by aryansaxena: 9:11am On Mar 24, 2021
At today's time it is difficult to find a writer like you, you're such a marvellous person. Your articles touch the heart and are much better and we think we're also capable of doing it that's why we've tried something good on our website. It would be a great pleasure if you guys visit our website named "Software Reviews".
Re: Java Has Failed! by africonn: 10:48am On Mar 25, 2021
africanboy:
I read a comment in a post about Java. I didn't read it completely because I am STRONGLY anti-Java.

As far as I am concerned, JAVA has failed. It started with a hype - Write Once, Run Anywhere. Has anyone done that? I don't think so. One good thing, JAVa opened our eyes to a concept which was right under our noses: use a platform specific engine while the high level language can be written in well - high level. The code is translated to a intermediate form which is run.

.NET from Microsoft uses the same principle, so is RunRev (from http://runrev.com).

A friend of mine wanted to convert me to Java, giving me theory, history and other .... I stopped withone simple question "Which JAVA program have you written that runs on Windows (all variants), Linux, Unix, Mac, Solaris, OS2, Symbian, Palm"

Java programmers in the house, eat my head off.

(More on this on my blog)

Look at this baba, chia since 2006 agba man, then i have never even seen a computer before cheesy
Re: Java Has Failed! by patrickgleas(m): 7:31am On Mar 28, 2021
I am personally using the Visual C++ Redistributable Package. This is a nice tool to develop Java apps. At first, I have downloaded this tool from here and install it on my computer. Now I am surprised by their own interface.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beginners - Learn Android Programming / Opensource 3D Game Participation Call / What's The Best Laptop For Coding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.