Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:48 PM

Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: (1372 Views)

Do You Miss Blaming GEJ For All Wrongs In The Country? If So Tell Us / Does Being Shy Means You Don't Have Confidence? / 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by Uju4eva(f): 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2007
Do you have confidence, If so tell me how you attained it. I am a member who lurks around this forum from time to time,  I see all my fellow Nigerians who have extreme pride in themselves. But somethings happened in my life making me insecure in my looks and my actions. I want to use this summer to help myself out, mentally, spiritually, and physically. I would deeply appreciate it, if you guys provided tips and advice to help me to "better" myself.

Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by Esss(m): 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2007
Holy JESUS, wat did u say your problems were again shocked
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by Uju4eva(f): 7:23pm On Jun 19, 2007
what do you mean?
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by Esss(m): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2007
If thats you in the picture, then you had better have a good reason for insecure about ur looks,

That means you need to be clearer about wats the ish with you,
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by Uju4eva(f): 7:31pm On Jun 19, 2007
Okay, um, I just wanted to post my pics up, just to show myself, give an emphasis to the situation. I may look confident in my pics but I am not. But, um, ever since I was little I was always called names, and me being a sensitive person always was troubled by their comments. As I continued growing up, I would indulge in their comments and make it seem as if it were true. So I have tried to snap out of feeling "ugly" and "overweight", and "worthless" but sometimes it comes back to me in ways I wish I never had negative thinking. Also I'm a pessimistic person, which I hate to admit but I am. So I am trying to change all that by next year,
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by Esss(m): 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2007
Hmmm,

I really understand you, and where you are coming from,

I had the same experience growing up, imagining growing up in a house were your were always being compared to ur junior one, u r the foolish dumb one and she is the smart one, cursed at everyday to the point you actually contemplate suicide, yes! it got to that stage.

At the age of 16, I O.D'ed on prescription drugs just in an attempt to end it all,

I have always believed I was ugly ever since I became self concious.

But I've passed that stage in life,

You dont need ppl to approve of you, My lifes motto is "I dont need to prove shit to you",

Spiritually, I'm totally disconnected, I dont believe in nothing except God, and thats where it ends.
Emotionally, I'm dead, I dont feel shit, and I dont take nothing to heart, That way I dont dwell on what ppl in my surrounding think or feel about me,
Mentally, I'm at an all time high, Despite all the shit I've been through, I feel like a God, I love my parents like never before, cos I believe that even though they dont realise how much most of the things they put me through hurt me, They actually did love me , and have given me the life I live today,

I'm always very positive in all situations and believe that there is always a good side to every event, even death,

All you need to do is build up a new world of your own, and move into it, Disconnect yourself from all those feelings that weigh you down, If you really hate your weight, then work towards getting trim, but if you like it, then enjoy living your life,

Honey life is too short, I could drop dead right now, And it will really piss me off if I should die worrying over wat someone else thinks,

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by Esss(m): 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2007
If it is any consolation, I honestly and truly believe that you look amazingly beautiful,

You get boyfriend?? ;Dlol
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by Uju4eva(f): 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2007
Thank you very much Esss,
no i don't have a boyfriend

anyone willing to share their stories or tips
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by iice(f): 5:59am On Jun 20, 2007
@Esss well said.
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by MrTurkey(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2007
Uju4eva:
I want to use this summer to help myself out, mentally, spiritually, and physically

Hmmm, I wonder what must have happened to this one. Uju, you still there? undecided
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by swazi: 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2007
er well for one she is fat

so that might be her problem undecided
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by MrTurkey(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2007
swazi:

er well for one she is fat

so that might be her problem undecided
some might see that as an attraction, so don't go there. beauty they say is in the eyes of the beholder, you might be the skin and bones type but buxom and full might just be the specs for the other brother

besides, what has size got to do with intelligence, mien, character, affection, charisma, attitude amongst others? absolutely nothing bro cool
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by Janntel(m): 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2008
Answer
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by Nighttrain: 11:34am On Dec 20, 2008
Hi My dear Uju,

As far as I can see, there's nothin physically wrong with you. You need to be in touch with yourself internally on a higher level. If you need someone to talk to anytime you can drop your number to my box beeceedee2000@yahoo.com.

See, as Esss said, life's too short, way too short to live the way other people want/like. If you continue to life life to gain others approval then at the end you ask yourself if youlived for yourself, believe me you don't want to go there.

Everyone can be a Paris Hilton or rather an Agbani Darego, or an Albert Einstein, or Bill Gates or Zuker(FB guy) you know, we are all unique in our own ways as God made us so.

Boy friend?? never mind, that will come when it will, go out more , comport yourself more, meet new peoploe who have something to offer and you'll be surprised how much out there you've been missing. Take a trip, eastcoast to west coast if need be, visit some homeless babies,buy them food and clothes and you'll be shocked how "reconnected" you'll be after,

Enjoy life my dear, to the fullest too,

Let me know,
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by ugala: 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2008
hey, i don't think you really have a problem. why? you've got what it takes to be confident.

don't ever allow how you feel about yourself to be dependent on people's expectations.you are simply you!

be proud of you,love you,in fact be crazy about you for you! confidence comes naturally when you begin to appreciate the fact that there can never be a duplicate or better you. keep smiling that ice melting smile always! take care kiss
Re: Do You Have Confidence? If So Tell Me: by Uju4eva(f): 11:59pm On Dec 20, 2008
wow its been a while, since i made this post,
did some bastard really call me fat?
hahaha, let me see person face,

(1) (Reply)

Post Your Annoying Emails From Nairalanders. / Happy Birthday Ragdollzzz! / Sexkilz Says My Ban Should End 2041 PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.