Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! (1198 Views)

(BREAKING NEWS) Aregbeshola Is Sacking / You Are Still A Dictator -PDP Tells Buhari ….APC Anti-Corruption Crusade, A Sham / Why Rauf Aregbeshola May Lose. (the Education Sector). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by osundefender: 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2011
I can't help but bring to the notice of my fellow nairalanders of the political situations in osunstate particularly the action congress of nigeria (ACN). one will always wonder why the ACN a party which preaches dignity and transparency in all dealings will chose not to conduct primary elections for political offices but yet order all aspirants to purchase forms of intent (120k for house of assembly aspirants, 300k for house of rep aspirants and 500k for senetorial aspirants)
these aspirants also went through stressfull screaning process with the thought that the best candidate will be chosen. Little did they know that this screaning exercise was only for formalty sake because the chief dictator himself who calls himself the executive governor already has his own candidate whom he intends to impose on the good people of osun state against their wishes. the screaning panel submitted the names of the candidates who performed well to the party for adoption but mr dictator changed the list to his own list which was submitted to to INEC. This development was greeted by violent protests by Party members (who have worked, prayed and some even lost their lives during the 2007 elections and subsiquent election tribunals for the victory of Mr Aregbe) both at the governors office in osogbo and the home town of the the national chairman of the party chief bisi Akande (sometimes i wonder if he is still the national chairman) in Ila. These protests were surprisingly ignored by the party, even Newspapers didnt report these protests. It is also known that Mr Aregbeshola has also compilled his list of commissioners with majority in the list being his friends in Lagos state while he was a commissioner. Protests by party faithfuls were also ignored by Mr Dictator.

Mr Aregbeshola, i think you are bitting the fingers that fed you. This people you are ignoring are the same people who ensured your victory at the 2007 polls, stood by you during the election tribunal and ensured your succesful swearing in to office. they have been with the party even when you were still a commissioner in Lagos state. If you still choose to ignore them then you are spelling doom for the party in this forth coming general election. my advice to you is to be more reasonable and stop being a dictator!!!
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by seanet02: 2:14pm On Feb 20, 2011
Mumu, you better go and form your own party and install ya brothers and family members as candidates. We are talking of a Performing Party in Lagos, osun, Ekiti and Edo, all you can do is spew garbage on a matter because you lost out. ODECHUKWU
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 20, 2011
same thing hapning in oyo, ogun, ekiti edo and lagos state. I love ACN to the core but i realy think they should stop this imposition of a thing and conduct primary elections to satisfy all aspirants
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by osundefender: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2011
seanet02:

Mumu, you better go and form your own party and install ya brothers and family members as candidates. We are talking of a Performing Party in Lagos, osun, Ekiti and Edo, all you can do is spew garbage on a matter because you lost out. ODECHUKWU

oh u mean i should form my own party and do what tinubu is doing in lagos state imposing his wife as d senatorial candidate and his inlaws and nephews as house of rep and house of assembly candidate? NO THANKS! i strongly believe in democracy.
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by IVORY2009(m): 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2011
Tunibu must go, say no to Godfatherism, dis is demorcacy,
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by rebranded(m): 5:16pm On Feb 20, 2011
osundefender:

oh u mean i should form my own party and do what tinubu is doing in lagos state imposing his wife as d senatorial candidate and his inlaws and nephews as house of rep and house of assembly candidate? NO THANKS! i strongly believe in democracy.

You are nothing but a bitter PDP supporter, pls go and tell your sender that hatred towards ACN is not working. .find another plan. .RUBBISH Post!
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by seanet02: 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2011
osundefender:

the very democracy that produces Akala. Ogd, ohakim, oyinlola,ibori, uduaghan,oni and co is what you called Democracy? Arrant s.tupi.dhty the fact is if party elders does not scrutinize aspirants, how do you expect Fashola to defeat omisore in an open primary where the highest bidder takes all? Do you think GEJ can defeat Atiku in an open Primary where money is not used to induce poverty stricken delegates? GROW UP
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by osundefender: 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2011
seanet02:

the very democracy that produces Akala. Ogd, ohakim, oyinlola,ibori, uduaghan,oni and co is what you called Democracy? Arrant s.tupi.dhty the fact is if party elders does not scrutinize aspirants, how do you expect Fashola to defeat omisore in an open primary where the highest bidder takes all? Do you think GEJ can defeat Atiku in an open Primary where money is not used to induce poverty stricken delegates? GROW UP

Let me get you clearly, are you supporting imposition of candidates by Godfathers? Are you supporting choice of candidate by just one man who thinks he's wiser than the general populace? Are you supporting the likes of the late Adedibu, Saraki, tinubu and recently Aregbeshola? Don't you believe in primary elections where everyone is given a level playing ground? And what do u mean by fashola defeating omisore? They are not from the same state dude.
@rebranded, if you had read my post well you would have realised that i'm no PDPsupporter. i'm someone who strongly believe in democracy and Good governance no matter the party in power. that is why the likes of fashola, el rufai, ribadu and others whose works speak for themself are always in my good books
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by jensinmi(m): 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2011
osundefender:

I can't help but bring to the notice of my fellow nairalanders of the political situations in osunstate particularly the action congress of nigeria (ACN). one will always wonder why the ACN a party which preaches dignity and transparency in all dealings will chose not to conduct primary elections for political offices but yet order all aspirants to purchase forms of intent (120k for house of assembly aspirants, 300k for house of rep aspirants and 500k for senetorial aspirants)
these aspirants also went through stressfull screaning process with the thought that the best candidate will be chosen. Little did they know that this screaning exercise was only for formalty sake because the chief dictator himself who calls himself the executive governor already has his own candidate whom he intends to impose on the good people of osun state against their wishes. the screaning panel submitted the names of the candidates who performed well to the party for adoption but mr dictator changed the list to his own list which was submitted to to INEC. This development was greeted by violent protests by Party members (who have worked, prayed and some even lost their lives during the 2007 elections and subsiquent election tribunals for the victory of Mr Aregbe) both at the governors office in osogbo and the home town of the the national chairman of the party chief bisi Akande (sometimes i wonder if he is still the national chairman) in Ila. These protests were surprisingly ignored by the party, even Newspapers didnt report these protests. It is also known that Mr Aregbeshola has also compilled his list of commissioners with majority in the list being his friends in Lagos state while he was a commissioner. Protests by party faithfuls were also ignored by Mr Dictator.

Mr Aregbeshola, i think you are bitting the fingers that fed you. This people you are ignoring are the same people who ensured your victory at the 2007 polls, stood by you during the election tribunal and ensured your succesful swearing in to office. they have been with the party even when you were still a commissioner in Lagos state. If you still choose to ignore them then you are spelling doom for the party in this forth coming general election. my advice to you is to be more reasonable and stop being a dictator!!!

@Poster:

God Bless you for standing up for what is right.

The bible says you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

We the supporters of the ACN have every reason to be mad that the will of the people is being subverted by Aregbesola, and by Fayemi in Ekiti. Both these governors have imposed their preferred candidates. And I pity the people who come here to tell us that these governors had the right. Do you believe Tinubu, Fayemi, or Aregbesola have the interest of Nigerians at heart, or theirs first and foremost??

Fashola is the shining star of ACN. He is nothing like Tinubu, Fayemi, or Aregbesola.

As of 1st of February 2011, I refuse to believe in political parties in Nigeria any longer. I will put my hope in individuals of integrity.
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by osundefender: 8:47am On Feb 21, 2011
@jensimi, thank you my brother people need to know the truth. Aregbeshola is just destroying the good foundation that Chief Bisi Akande has built in the party and in the state.
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by aworee(m): 9:13am On Feb 21, 2011
Those of you condeming Tinubu and praises Fashola,may be you people has forgoten that Fashola was also imposed and now all of us are living withness to the wonder the people's gonernor is doing in Lagos state.@ poster,on the accusation of Aregbesola appoint his friends as commissioners,do you want him to make his enimies commissoiners?
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by babytoun: 9:30am On Feb 21, 2011
aworee:

Those of you condeming Tinubu and praises Fashola,may be you people has forgoten that Fashola was also imposed and now all of us are living withness to the wonder the people's gonernor is doing in Lagos state.@ poster,on the accusation of Aregbesola appoint his friends as commissioners,do you want him to make his enimies commissoiners?

Nothing annoys me more than , a group of people who call themselves progressives trying so hard to defend what is not right. Lets call a spade a spade. If something is wrong, then say so, instead of conjuring up explanations to justify what is wrong.

If you are going to impose candidates as a party why sell forms to everybody and still make them undergo screening?

Dont come here telling us that Fashola was imposed hence imposition is the right way to do things. What makes you think that a FEMI PEDRO elected properly through the primaries would not have done better than Fashola?

Internal democracy is not imposition of candidates by elders, it is the election of candidates by delegates.

Remi tinubu is now being tactically positioned to take over from fashola, surely by imposition again.
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by yemmight(m): 9:58am On Feb 21, 2011
@poster,

So, is Aregbe that determine how much a candidate will pay or the party? And what is wrong if the Gov invites his former colleagues to come and be commisioners? If the gov then look for some technocrats that can move the state forward he should not do that? Some of you are confortabble with a system where a gov will rule for 8 years without a change. Now you are here and call your self osundefender, who are you really defending if you want development in that state? Who?
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by osundefender: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2011
yemmight:

@poster,

So, is Aregbe that determine how much a candidate will pay or the party? And what is wrong if the Gov invites his former colleagues to come and be commisioners? If the gov then look for some technocrats that can move the state forward he should not do that?  Some of you are confortabble with a system where a gov will rule for 8 years without a change.  Now you are here and call your self osundefender, who are you really defending if you want development in that state? Who?

Well Mr yemmight, if we define democracy atleast by the definition they thought us in secondary school, democracy is defined as the government of the people by the people and for the people. This tells us that for democracy to be achieved a leader has to be chosen from a group of people. This leader has to be part of the group of people he is to lead and not brought from another group of people. What I'm saying is that I don't think it is right for the governor to bring someone else from another state who has not been staying in osun state to handle the affairs of the ministry in osun state. Are you saying there are no technocrats no progressives no right thinking people living in osun state that the affairs of a ministry can be entrusted upon? Are you saying Osun state can only be governed by ousiders because there are no sensible people living in the state? That is a big slap on the faces of those living in the state who voted him in and ensured he came out victorious at the tribunals and swearing in to office

Like someone rightly said, do you think Aregbeshola and co have the interest of Nigerians at heart or theirs first and formost
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by Kennyblues(m): 11:29am On Feb 21, 2011
We should not because we have access to internet and start spewing rubbish about our leaders who have toiled relentlessly to salvage our democracy, not holding brief for Tinubu though, but when you take a holistic approach to the recognition ACN is acquiring you would but to align with Tinubu's view over whatever ACN as a party does.

This is a man who single handedly fought the almighty FGN and survived the storm. if he had not survived the dark days of Obasanjo in Abuja would you we be here talking about ACN imposing candidates as against electing candidate who did not even contribute in any way to the resurgence of ACN only because they have money to purchase the nominating card or whatever.

Tinubu cannot open his eyes and allow mediocre to take over ACN. He has worked with all and sundry and we will not be far from the truth if we say BAT made almost all the ACN stalwarts in S/W. He built leaders and not followers as we have in other political parties.

BRB
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by yemmight(m): 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2011
osundefender:

Well Mr yemmight, if we define democracy atleast by the definition they thought us in secondary school, democracy is defined as the government of the people by the people and for the people. This tells us that for democracy to be achieved a leader has to be chosen from a group of people. This leader has to be part of the group of people he is to lead and not brought from another group of people. What I'm saying is that I don't think it is right for the governor to bring someone else from another state who has not been staying in osun state to handle the affairs of the ministry in osun state. Are you saying there are no technocrats no progressives no right thinking people living in osun state that the affairs of a ministry can be entrusted upon? Are you saying Osun state can only be governed by ousiders because there are no sensible people living in the state? That is a big slap on the faces of those living in the state who voted him in and ensured he came out victorious at the tribunals and swearing in to office

Like someone rightly said, do you think Aregbeshola and co have the interest of Nigerians at heart or theirs first and formost

You must hear yourself very well. Aregbe, being a native of Osun State, served as a commisioner in Lagos State and that has prepared him well to serve as a Gov. In Lagos, the commisioner for finance is an Ibo man, Opeyemi Bamidele came from Ekiti, Adewusi came from Oyo, a lot of them like that and they have performed credibly well in thier respective positions. This is not a Fed Govt system where they use quota and it never worked anyway. Does it mean Aregbe will never gave opportunities to the indigines of that state? no. Who cares, all everybody wants is feasible development in that state that have been lacking in the past eight years. If he wants to bring in abokis that can turn around the state, so be it. If for instance I work in a company for few years and I got another job that is more challeging, do i need to be told to woo some of my collegues? A[b] yoruba adage will say the old witches you know for long is better than the new angels you never knew.[/b] If you are loosing out in the sharing for now work more harder.
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by osundefender: 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2011
yemmight:

You must hear yourself very well.  Aregbe, being a native of Osun State, served as a commisioner in Lagos State and that has prepared him well to serve as a Gov.  In Lagos, the commisioner for finance is an Ibo man, Opeyemi Bamidele came from Ekiti, Adewusi came from Oyo, a lot of them like that and they have performed credibly well in thier respective positions.  This is not a Fed Govt system where they use quota and it never worked anyway.  Does it mean Aregbe will never gave opportunities to the indigines of that state? no.  Who cares, all everybody wants is feasible development in that state that have been lacking in the past eight years.  If he wants to bring in abokis that can turn around the state, so be it.  If for instance I work in a company for few years and I got another job that is more challeging, do i need to be told to woo some of my collegues? A[b] yoruba adage will say the old witches you know for long is better than the new angels you never knew.[/b]  If you are loosing out in the sharing for now work more harder.

We all know Lagos state is quite different from any other state when it comes to the issue of who is eligible to contest for election. Tinubu himself we all know is not from Lagos state. Senator Mamora, former speaker of the house of assembly and present senator representing central (I'm not too sure) isn't from lagos state. Anyone who has lived in Lagos for a long time is eligible to contest even an Ibo man can contest so far as he has the right support! That's just lagos state but this can't happen in other states like oyo and osun state.
This commissioner issue is not even my main concern and I don't really care about it because a commisioner can be removed from office within a second since it is not an elected position. My main concern is this issue of imposition of candidates by the governor for elective positions like the house of assembly, house of rep and senate. This act by the governor
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2011
babytoun:

Nothing annoys me more than , a group of people who call themselves progressives trying so hard to defend what is not right. Lets call a spade a spade. If something is wrong, then say so, instead  of conjuring up explanations to justify what is wrong.

If you are going to impose candidates as a party why sell forms to everybody and still make them undergo screening?

Dont come here telling us that Fashola was imposed hence imposition is the right way to do things.  What makes you think that a FEMI PEDRO elected properly through the primaries would not have done better than Fashola?

Internal democracy is not imposition of candidates by elders, it is the election of candidates by delegates.

Remi tinubu is now being tactically positioned to take over from fashola, surely by imposition again.

Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by ddcmachine: 11:15pm On Feb 21, 2011
Calling mid-day, mid-night in acn. @topic, Isn't that corruption ribadu shld kick against? Yet he's swimming in there without tentacle or sensor
Re: Aregbeshola Is A Dictator! by ddcmachine: 11:16pm On Feb 21, 2011
Calling mid-day, mid-night in acn. @topic, Isn't that corruption ribadu shld kick against? Yet he's swimming in there without tentacle or sensor

(1) (Reply)

Invitation For Buhari Bakare 2011 Volunteer Group Level Two / The Dismantlement Of The Monolithic And Homogeneous Northern Nigeria / As Inec Concludes Plans To Rig Election In Imo State For Ikedi Ohakim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.