Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen (2556 Views)

60° Curved Screen: Visual Marvel Of The Infinix Zero 30 / Iphones With Curved Screens And Touchless Gestures / 3D Curved Screen And Dual Rear Cameras Smartphone Should Priced? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by taiwosamwell(m): 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
A Redmi Note 8 owner has reported how their Xiaomi smartphone still works after being accidentally dropped from an eighth-floor balcony and making a splash-landing in some type of body of water. The Redmi Note 8 was able to be charged and was operational, although it was left with a “curved” display after the traumatic incident.
Those shopping for a rugged phone might not consider the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 device, but it looks like the hugely popular smartphone just got durability as another selling point to add to its already impressive list: great display, price-performance ratio, presence of a 3.5 mm jack, dual-SIM, etc. Xiaomi’s CEO, Lei Jun, has been sharing the experience one unfortunate/fortunate (depending on how you look at it) Redmi Note 8 owner had.

It appears the Redmi Note 8 was put out on a balcony by the user’s mother, but it somehow fell from its lofty perch and smashed into the ground after an eight-floor drop (potentially over 100 ft/30 m). To add insult to injury, the stricken Xiaomi smartphone apparently landed in an unspecified body of water thus undoubtedly providing a killing blow. But the user actually found the Redmi Note 8 to be still operational and capable of being charged and with the touchscreen being usable.

However, the Redmi Note 8 was left with a “curved” display after the incident and water managed to get inside the camera module. It’s more than likely the owner will have to pick up a new smartphone at some point, but after this experience it wouldn’t be surprising if they plumped for another Redmi Note 8. The Xiaomi smartphone comes with a Snapdragon 665, 6.3-inch display, tough Corning Gorilla Glass 5, and apparently a very sturdy case.

atheistandproud come and see oo

Source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Redmi-Note-8-survives-eight-floor-drop-and-watery-landing-but-ends-up-with-a-curved-display.490452.0.html

Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by sunshineV(f): 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
note 8 users come out, lets try dis on ur device
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by taiwosamwell(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
grin grin grin
sunshineV:
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by WinningEleven(m): 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
If it were camon 15 or the hot 9, the phone will have broken into two.

Even Carlcare will reject the phone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Sndfrank: 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
When is Redmi Note 8 update for MIUI coming out?
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Sndfrank: 7:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
When is Redmi Note 8 update for MIUI 12 and Android 10 global version coming out?
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by modextus(m): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
Sndfrank:
When is Redmi Note 8 update for MIUI 12 and Android 10 global version coming out?
I've been waiting o..
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by starbuck(f): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
Mine fell last week from the table to a hard floor but still functional... Though it was protected with pouch and screen guard
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by edoairways: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
Sndfrank:
When is Redmi Note 8 update for MIUI coming out?
They lied that it would come out this August yet no update
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by horlahwaley(m): 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
The last beta version is quite stable as people reported 10hours bb on heavy usage. Hopefully it (the stable) will be released soon
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by marshalcarter: 2:24am On Aug 30, 2020
Are y'all Tryna say this Redmi is better than camon15 abeg oooo I no wan go buy nonsense
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by driand(m): 6:21am On Aug 30, 2020
marshalcarter:
Are y'all Tryna say this Redmi is better than camon15
abeg oooo I no wan go buy nonsense
as a matter of fact note 8 is on a different level entirely... This is the only phone I've used close to a year without wondering what phone to buy next...

4 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Mrviktor(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2020
Even surviving R-kelly wasn't this bashed.
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by FemolasticA: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2020
driand:
as a matter of fact note 8 is on a different level entirely... This is the only phone I've used close to a year without wondering what phone to buy next...

The phone is a beast...... I have been using my redmi note 8 pro for the past 10 month now, no issue and am being very careful who I give my phone if the want to send things or use.
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Youngpo413: 9:25am On Aug 30, 2020
few chinese letters or should i say drawings,but see plenty translations.
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Kunja2: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2020
All thanks to there gorilla glass 5
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Kunja2: 9:49am On Aug 30, 2020
marshalcarter:
Camon 15 is strong too.
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Kunja2: 9:50am On Aug 30, 2020
FemolasticA:

The phone is a beast...... I have been using my redmi note 8 pro for the past 10 month now, no issue and am being very careful who I give my phone if the want to send things or use.
10 months is still new na.
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Zeroenochone(m): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
sunshineV:

Lmaoo
No thank you! cheesy
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Zeroenochone(m): 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2020
marshalcarter:

It is,
Camon 15 can only beat it in terms of battery
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Zeroenochone(m): 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2020
edoairways:

They lied that it would come out this August yet no update

They didn't lie naa
They always say that "release dates are subject to change"
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Zeroenochone(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
Sndfrank:

Laslas by next year sha
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Vyzz: 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2020
cool
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by atheistandproud(m): 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
taiwosamwell:
A Redmi Note 8 owner has reported how their Xiaomi smartphone still works after being accidentally dropped from an eighth-floor balcony and making a splash-landing in some type of body of water. The Redmi Note 8 was able to be charged and was operational, although it was left with a “curved” display after the traumatic incident.
Those shopping for a rugged phone might not consider the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 device, but it looks like the hugely popular smartphone just got durability as another selling point to add to its already impressive list: great display, price-performance ratio, presence of a 3.5 mm jack, dual-SIM, etc. Xiaomi’s CEO, Lei Jun, has been sharing the experience one unfortunate/fortunate (depending on how you look at it) Redmi Note 8 owner had.

It appears the Redmi Note 8 was put out on a balcony by the user’s mother, but it somehow fell from its lofty perch and smashed into the ground after an eight-floor drop (potentially over 100 ft/30 m). To add insult to injury, the stricken Xiaomi smartphone apparently landed in an unspecified body of water thus undoubtedly providing a killing blow. But the user actually found the Redmi Note 8 to be still operational and capable of being charged and with the touchscreen being usable.

However, the Redmi Note 8 was left with a “curved” display after the incident and water managed to get inside the camera module. It’s more than likely the owner will have to pick up a new smartphone at some point, but after this experience it wouldn’t be surprising if they plumped for another Redmi Note 8. The Xiaomi smartphone comes with a Snapdragon 665, 6.3-inch display, tough Corning Gorilla Glass 5, and apparently a very sturdy case.

atheistandproud come and see oo

Source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Redmi-Note-8-survives-eight-floor-drop-and-watery-landing-but-ends-up-with-a-curved-display.490452.0.html

I saw the news. it was impressive
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by taiwosamwell(m): 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2020
atheistandproud:

I saw the news. it was impressive
Yh.
And someone says "Corning Gorilla Glass" is not needed "Glass is Glass" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by marshalcarter: 4:21am On Aug 31, 2020
Zeroenochone:

It is, Camon 15 can only beat it in terms of battery
but not better than the Nokia 7.2
Re: Redmi Note 8 Survives 8th-floor Drop & Watery Landing&Ends Up With Curved Screen by Zeroenochone(m): 7:47am On Aug 31, 2020
marshalcarter:

but not better than the Nokia 7.2

Yeah in terms of processor I know it's much better, 7.2 is mad
Buh I don't know about camera and protection? Is Nokia 7.2 48mp and gorilla glass 5?

Nokia dey do phones naa if only they picked up quickly we probably wouldn't have infinix or Tecno here sef
I think it'll be costlier though

I was really interested in Nokia 6.2 then before I discovered redmi note 8 and the price was around 80k on jumia

(1) (Reply)

Suggest A Budget Phone Of 80k To 100k / Don't Buy Starlink Now, Wait Till They Accept Naira / Guys,pls Using K800i Phone And I Need Movie Player Software That Can Movies In My Phone Pls.thank Fo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.