Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

The Reality Of Nigeria-now And The Future - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Reality Of Nigeria-now And The Future (182 Views)

The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? / Ibom Tropicana Mall Is The Most Beautiful Mall In Nigeria Now.. Photos N Video / Nigeria Now Fabricating Automatic Concrete Block Moulding Machine in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Reality Of Nigeria-now And The Future by ehinmowo: 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
I am gonna make this as brief as possible.

Quick one:

Per Capital GDP is a measure of the financial standard of each person in an economy. It is the true measure of wealth. Fir example, two families, one with 10 children and the other with two. If they both have 1 million Naira, the former would have PCGDP of 100,000 Naira. While the latter would have 500k each.

NIgeria's past
in 1960, NIgeria has GDP per Capital of $93 dollars (which is equivalent to $812 today. This figure increased steadily and reach it's peak in 1981 ($1844). Which is equivalent of $5,500 today.

Fertility rate per woman on 1960 was 6.35.

NIgeria now and future

Our current per Capital GDP is $2,200. Which is about $250 in 1960. South Africa has per Capital GDP of $6,800. Which is is 3x ours. For NIgeria to have per Capital GDP of $6,800, we need a $1.4tr economy (holding the population at 206m-current population size). That's about 4x the current value of our economy. OR, we find a way to kill 146 million people and leave 60 million (just kidding)

This is almost impossible for NIgeria. Why? 1. Historical, our GDP has NEVER maintained a consistent growth. 2. Birth rate is fueled by religion and illiteracy (I be won mention regions but make I swallow spit) 3. We have mono-economy.

What is $6,800 per Capital economy? Developed economies' per Capital GDP starts from $12,000. That means that economy $6,800 is like a one-eye man in the midst of wretched Economies. The hard truth is that developed economies have an average of $40,000 per Capital GDP.

Under what condition can NIgeria attain $40,000 per Capital economy? Meanwhile, $40k economy is still not the most impressive. But Even that $40k would be like asking a 120-year old to lift 200kg of weight for NIgeria grin. Spine breaking!

For NIgeria to attain $40,000 per Capital economy, we need $20 trillion dollars economy at population of 500 million. If we continue giving birth at this rate, we will hit 500 million population in 2065 (next 43 years). In other words, we we need $465 billion to be added to the economy every year till the next 43 years. Future impossible tense grin. If I won kuku kill una make I take the per Capital GDP to $60k.

Those presidents (including the present one) that is giving 30k as social security and 50 billion Naira as CBN loan should continue ooo. Body go soon tell us how far. And those youth wey dey vote Bubu, Atiku and now......cough.** should continue oo.

Cc Seun Osewa

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Get Loan For Your Mini Importation Business. / How Old Are You When You Start Making Things Happening. / Naira Set To Gain As CBN Resumes Forex Sales To Bdcs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.