Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,447 members, 7,833,567 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? (232 Views)

What Is Heaven Like? / If As A Christian, You Have Never Experience The Holy Ghost, Then You Are Fake.. / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? by paxonel(m): 7:26am On Aug 30, 2020
When i mean a Christian, i mean from the time you were born into a Christian home, or from the time you were converted into Christianity as someone who previously was a Muslim or someone practicing religions other than Christianity.

Heaven is a free gift to as many who believe in Jesus Christ and not Muhammed or some founder of religions other than Jesus Christ and it was already given to you.

Jesus says I'm the way the truth and the life...

You are not in heaven today because you are free from sin, you are in heaven today because of grace.

There is no other heaven coming but the one you already have in your spirit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? by paxonel(m): 7:35am On Aug 30, 2020
I adjourn every Christians to read and digest their bible and know this truth and be free from the grip of religion

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:37am On Aug 30, 2020
Son,'he said,' ye cannot in your present state understand eternity...That is what mortals misunderstand. They say of some temporal suffering, "No future bliss can make up for it," not knowing that Heaven, once attained, will work backwards and turn even that agony into a glory. And of some sinful pleasure they say "Let me have but this and I'll take the consequences": little dreaming how damnation will spread back and back into their past and contaminate the pleasure of the sin. Both processes begin even before death. The good man's past begins to change so that his forgiven sins and remembered sorrows take on the quality of Heaven: the bad man's past already conforms to his badness and is filled only with dreariness. And that is why...the Blessed will say "We have never lived anywhere except in Heaven, : and the Lost, "We were always in Hell." And both will speak truly.

C.S. Lewis, The Great Divorce

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? by lightblazingnow(m): 7:39am On Aug 30, 2020
Awesome thought
Re: Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? by peggywebbs(f): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2020
Why will someone just come with misinterpretations early this morning. Op please go and study your Bible and ask for interpretation. Don't mislead people abeg.
Re: Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? by orisa37: 8:39am On Aug 30, 2020
I now give you a new commandment, "Love yourselves as I love you". Only The Righteous will make Heaven.
Re: Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? by paxonel(m): 8:43am On Aug 30, 2020
peggywebbs:
Why will someone just come with misinterpretations early this morning. Op please go and study your Bible and ask for interpretation. Don't mislead people abeg.
i understand that it is difficult to drop what you used to believe and accept something new, it happened to the multitude in jesus days that's why a lot of them couldn't accept Christ because Christ brought new doctrines that astonished them which was different from what they used to know. Matthew 22:33

And i challenge you today, if you see anything misleading in the content of my post use scripture to counter it boldly. Don't just say it is misleading without backing your assertion with reasons, otherwise ask questions where you do not understand, i will explain grin
Re: Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? by paxonel(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2020
orisa37:
I now give you a new commandment, "Love yourselves as I love you".
very true!
But Christ didn't conclude that if you fail to keep the commandment or love your neigbour as yourself you will not make heaven, did he?

Only The Righteous will make Heaven.
who is the righteous in this context?
The righteous is anyone who believes in Christ, that is the person that will make heaven after Jesus is crucified.John 3:16
that is person that is in heaven today that Christ has been resurrected. Colossians 1:13
not the person who try to be righteous on his own
Re: Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? by paxonel(m): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2020
We have so many hypocrites in Christianity became they don't understand this grin

Like Falz will sing, everybody is a.. is a hypocrite o grin
Re: Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? by peggywebbs(f): 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Where did you find this in the scriptures. That heaven is in your spirit? Seriously?

Why do we do this as Christians. Coming up with different doctrines. The bible is clear on heaven, earth, hell fire and judgement.

Is it not the same bible that says that says

"not everybody that calls me lord lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven."

Mattew 7:21

Please stop misleading people I beg. Leave the job for minsters and if you are one study the scriptures with your elders in the ministry. Do not interprete scriptures without understanding it.

paxonel:
When i
mean a Christian, i mean from the time you were born into a Christian home, or from the time you were converted into Christianity as someone who previously was a Muslim or someone practicing religions other than Christianity.

Heaven is a free gift to as many who believe in Jesus Christ and not Muhammed or some founder of religions other than Jesus Christ and it was already given to you.

Jesus says I'm the way the truth and the life...

You are not in heaven today because you are free from sin, you are in heaven today because of grace.

There is no other heaven coming but the one you already have in your spirit.
Re: Do You Know That As A Christian You Are Already In Heaven Like This? by paxonel(m): 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2020
peggywebbs:

Where did you find this in the scriptures. That heaven is in your spirit? Seriously?
are you hearing this for the first time? grin

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Why do we do this as Christians. Coming up with different doctrines. The bible is clear on heaven, earth, hell fire and judgement.
true!
The bible is clear on this issues. But were not getting it

Is it not the same bible that says that says

"not everybody that calls me lord lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven."

Mattew 7:21
Take note: Jesus made this statement before he was crucified.

you really have to read that book called bible as if you want to know everything in it before you can understand what jesus was trying to explain here.

Now take a look at this,

Matthew 14:14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.

This means, a great multitude followed him and he healed them. But when it was time for him to be crucified they all ran away Matthew 26:56, therefore few people out of multitude actually entered the kingdom of heaven.
And what was the kingdom of God then?
It was his crucifixion and resurrection(I'm using WAS because it is past tense now. You will need your brain to think here)

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luke 13:25 WHEN ONCE THE MASTER OF THE HOUSE IS RISEN UP.....

So, the kingdom of God was his resurrection if you understand that parable
It was like a gate that ushers people from the old covenant into the new covenant

Please stop misleading people I beg. Leave the job for minsters and if you are one study the scriptures with your elders in the ministry. Do not interprete scriptures without understanding it.
I believe you understand what I'm saying

(1) (Reply)

In Defence Of Pastor David Ibiyeome / Every Sponsor Of Terrorism In Nigeria Will Not See New Year’, Adeboye Declares / Christ Mandate To His Disciples!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.