Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,397 members, 7,850,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Stopping My Son Sagging His Trousers - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stopping My Son Sagging His Trousers (1510 Views)

Should A Man Stop His Wife From Wearing Trousers After Marriage? / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? / Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stopping My Son Sagging His Trousers by Richy4(m): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2020
OP, I didn't finish your epistle. forgive me for being lazy today but I scanned through where you said or feel Sagging is kinda disrespectful.. I disagree totally.. U can only say that sagging is not an African culture and not a Nigerian things..

It's just like a Nigerian male adult looking for a job in a cooperate industry with hair plaited.. I guess.. The hiring manager conducting the interview might see him as an irresponsible person even when he has never said a thing during interview..

Call the young man around 1am in the morning and ask him again like a concern parent what he really want to do with his life. By waking him up at that time shows that you were having a sleepless night over him.. it's major...
Re: Stopping My Son Sagging His Trousers by Ishilove: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
Hehe. Believe this, you'll believe anything. cheesy
Re: Stopping My Son Sagging His Trousers by bukatyne(f): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2020
QuietHammer:
People actually believe this story grin grin grin

Is it fake?

I stopped at for 10yrs, saw a comment that speaks to training and supported it.
Re: Stopping My Son Sagging His Trousers by jesmond3945: 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2020
VictoriaGrace:
Good morning,

I seek your advice about how to get my son to STOP sagging his trousers. He is 23 years old now and I have always thought, okay when he gets older he gets more mature and he will want to pull his pants up, look smarter, get a job. But how long do I have to wait until he is mature?
For about 10 years he has acted and dressed just like he wants to be a thug, a gangster, which he bases on the American rappers he loves so much and listens to all day. He tries to talk only in American slang, and he says "nigga" and "bruh", at the start and end of every single sentence. Of course the drugs come into it, because that is seen as cool, and stupid crimes like making "gangs" and fighting, and vandalising, messing up shops, and houses in public and so on. But it is all a stupid game. He is from a very privileged background, always lived in a safe, happy environment here in a gated community on Banana Island. When he was growing up, we always encouraged education, saying whichever you choose, England or America, we will pay for your university and get you a house there while you study. But he has chosen no university, not even a job. Just lay around, pretending to be a gangster, and trying to be a rapper.

Okay, I have gone on into all different issues. But it is the sagging trousers that I can't believe he still does. He has just come down from his bedroom, and he has come down using the elevator. He always uses the elevator in our own home, because his trousers are so low that he cannot walk on stairs. He cannot walk properly anyway, with his legs so wide apart he looks like he is completely disabled, such a slow and sluggish walk. But because his trousers are just so low, he cannot lift his feet up enough to walk on stairs. He finds it easier just to use the elevator, even at home. So he is actually disabled, I think, by sagging his trousers. He also has the habit of wearing two underwears, so he can sag his trousers even lower. I complain it makes extra work for the laundry maid, at least think of her, with double the amount of work to do for you just so you can wear your trousers lower. He doesn't care, he just said it's her job.

There is no convincing him as he says it is cool, it is like a gangster, and only "poor ass niggas and old ass niggas" (in his exact words) wear trousers at the normal height these days. He especially thinks it is very poor to not show expensive underwear and always a very expensive belt, such as Gucci. The crazy thing is his girlfriend says she loves it and it because it makes him look like a gangster. So I ask, do all Nigerian girls like this, is it normal Because if the girls want it, then of course the boys will keep doing it. I'm not blaming the girls, but just saying it will keep happening. And I know his friends, who all think they are cool in their fake "gang" will go out to the shopping centres and cause trouble. I know my son and them use to knock over any kids that had their trousers at a normal level, because they say they are poor and dumb.

I still believe the sagging trousers is one of the first signs of disrespect and if i can fix it then maybe other things will start to improve for my son. For one, he won't look like a criminal anymore. Maybe then he can start to live a better life, get a real job and so on. It has to start somewhere.
PLEASE help me with your advice on fixing this.........THANK YOU smiley smiley smiley
there is nothing you can do now. Is already late. He has gone deep into the culture. That's why you have to train a child the way you want him to turn out to be. Some parents like the hip hop culture and allow their kids get exposed to it but as it stands now you hate the culture but allowing your son to immerse himself into it, is what I cannot fathom
Re: Stopping My Son Sagging His Trousers by TheeDetective: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2020
grin grin grin grin I just dey laugh wen I dey read am. When people have so much time on their hands, they come up with all sorts of MAKE BELIEVE/ FAKE/FICTITIOUS/TALES BY MOON LIGHT STORIES. Indeed, anybody that believes this tale narrated by the @Op; will believe anything. Dem think say nah toddlers na em dem dey narrate tory to. I just dey laugh grin grin grin.
Ishilove:
Hehe. Believe this, you'll believe anything. cheesy

PS; what happened to that thread of a man who put his hands on his wife and the wifes’ brothers came and put their hands on him too and he now wants advice on how to reconcile with his wife and in-laws? I wanted to respond to your mention but the thread suddenly got removed? I think the yab wey dem yab am make am run go report to the MODS and dem come delete the thread. I hope he has learnt his lesson to keep his filthy hands to himself and use his mouth to communicate and not his fist next time when he and his wife get into a disagreement/mis-understanding.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World Is Terrible! Please Read Carefully. / Very Sad News: Separated-at-birth twins get married / Nlders Watz Ur Say Abt Dis Wicked Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.