Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,646 members, 7,955,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:41 PM

Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt (1692 Views)

Robbery Suspect Leads Policemen To Arrest 77-year-old Gunrunner In Delta (photos / Newborn Baby Abandoned At Dump Site In Bayelsa Cries To Death (Disturbing Photo) / 77-Year-Old Man Released From Prison Deemed Too Old To Be Dangerous, Kills Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by Molan123: 9:18am On Aug 30, 2020
Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-Year-Old Landlady Cries To Govt

Mrs Oluwayemisi Oluwole, the landlady of one the two buildings affected by the ill-fated Bell 206 that crashed on Salvation Road, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos State, is begging the government through the appropriate authorities to repair her house, Ekohotblog reports.
Our reporter gathered that the 77-year-old woman on Saturday when the state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, visited the scene of the crash, lamented that she has been barred from sleeping in her house due to the impact of the crash.
She said, “I thank God for what happened because there was nobody in the apartment affected by the crash. We thank God that the helicopter didn’t land on top of the house.
“I hope somebody will come and assess the degree of the damage and that should be done quickly because I have not entered the house since yesterday because I have been barred from entering the house.
“Since yesterday (Friday), a lot of people have come here without observing any COVID-19 protocols. In my house now, I can count 20 face masks on the floor.
So, I want to appeal to government to come and help us to sanitise the place.”
Speaking on the incident, Gov. Sanwo-Olu promised Oluwole and other affected residents that the state government would carry out integrity test on the structures and do the necessary repairs.
He said, “I am here to do a real on-the-spot assessment and I have seen things for myself.
We thank God that as painful as the incident might be, the damage was not beyond what we have witnessed.
We are pained by the death of the three people on board, but we thank God because it could have been worse than that.
“The affected buildings are residential homes that have citizens living there.
As at the exact time the helicopter crash happened, a lot of people were not on the premises and even the elderly people that were around were in their rooms.
But as God would have it, nothing in term of fatality happened to people on the ground.
So, we need to thank God. If not, fatality may have been a lot more than what we are talking about.
“The people affected are senior citizens; they are people in their 80s and 70s. We have seen the level of destruction and damage.
Tests will be conducted to understand the integrity of the buildings and once that is ascertained, we will start work with the federal agencies.
We will start the reconstruction and renovation of the places affected and ensure that we quickly bring respite to the senior citizens that have been affected.”
Ekohotblog reported that the helicopter, which took off from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, crashed into the fence in-between the two houses at 16A, Salvation Road, about two minutes to land at Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja.
All the three crew members on board identified as Captain Chika Ernest, Macaulay Brownson and Clement Ndiok died in the crash.

Read more at: https://ekohotblog.com/2020/08/30/helicopter-crash-repair-my-house-77-year-old-landlady-cries-to-govt/

1 Share

Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by heykims(m): 9:23am On Aug 30, 2020
The appropriate authority should do the needful and repair of pay for the damages done.
RIP to the departed souls.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by Goldp5988(f): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2020
Mama don't worry, they will do something about it.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by tillaman(m): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2020
Sanwo-Olu already promised to do the needful na,
He got you covered momma
Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by anonymuz(m): 9:42am On Aug 30, 2020
So sad, i hope LASG do the needful.
Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by daddytime(m): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2020
Make mama first of all thank God for the wisdom and intelligence of the pilot wey dey human enough to dump his remaining fuel before the crash to avoid explosion. If not, no be house matter mama and so many others for dey talk now.

At least, governor don already promise to help them.

Mama, be calming down joor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by yanabasee1(m): 10:07am On Aug 30, 2020
The politician governor had promis d to build only the fence.... Who will build the house for grandma?
Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by longetivity(m): 10:21am On Aug 30, 2020
Sanwo olu said he will renovate the house nah
Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by Dedo95: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2020
The helicopter company that knew how bad their helicopter is but still allowed it to fly are the one's responsible for the damages done to your house, not the responsibility of government

3 Likes

Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by adecz: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2020
There should not be long talk
in this matter.

The governor should send people
to go & estimate the damage & mobilize
workers to go and repair these
property as a humanitarian gesture.

The damage can't be up to 3m .

They shouldn't be saying they are
waiting for the helicopter company
to take responsibility while this old
woman suffers.
Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2020
Meanwhile, where is the helicopter company?

Currently listening to some classic jazz tunes so my brain is working at lightning speed.

*tapping my noggin*

Modified: Oh good, some Nairalanders are thinking along the same line. Talk about a meeting of like-minded entities. smiley
Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by MikeMicheal(m): 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2020
NA GOVERNMENT FLY AM?

Sue the airline company, SIMPLE!
Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by Mayng01(m): 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2020
I think sanwolu has promised to do that na
Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by Kingluqman(m): 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2020
Na so so dem go promise.. Mama cry out gidi gan, or else, dem no go do anything oo grin
Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by bossvinqualad25(m): 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2020
Mama wants a new house ,for your fumigation and general cleaning call us to get it done for you in a professional way.
Re: Helicopter Crash: Repair My House, 77-year-old Landlady Cries To Govt by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2020
which one be mama mama mama na old homosapiens animal creature

(1) (Reply)

Nyanya, Mararaba And Karu Metropolis Is Currently been Invaded By Hoodlums, / Manhole Market Is Located In Alaba / The Torment From My Senior Brother's Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.