Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,580 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) (45393 Views)

EUROPE IN CRISIS: Anti-lockdown Protesters Clash With Cops (Pics, Video) / US Election 2020: Protests Rock New York, Portland And Other Cities / Terrorists Attack Hotel Complex In Nairobi As Many People Confirmed Dead (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
Golan007:

Explain what Obama did.

Because me I heard it was Theresa May that caused it.

grin
Lol
You are very funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by BotherMleeper(m): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Same here
And Trump does not seem to care he incited the violence after all.

Exactly

He's one apathetic SOB.

And it also has the added benefit of enhancing his political capital

The US has never had it this bad even with Nixon.

People walk around with this sense of dejection and helplessness.

It also surprises me how so many latinos are proTrump and racist to African Americans. Have they forgotten the wall and the caravan and ICE cages and the Trumpian rhetoric about diseased "bad hombres" and rapists embedded in the so-called caravan? Any mention of the caravan has suddenly disappeared. Even the wall is in the back burner because "radical democrats" and "Marxists" have taken center stage.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by Justiceibeikenn: 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
justli:

What is Trump's sin?
Can you guys please provide us answer. We need to learn. I really want to know what are some of these vilest and despicable things that Trump has done

Bro these guys watch too much CNN...they hate him because he's is their opponent...that's what they did and they gave us buhari...now look at how the country is messed up

1 Like

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by t2luv1: 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
nwaanambra1:
trump has a very solid support base from the people that actually matters in American Politics - THE WHITE SUPREMACISTS.

he will have a landslide victory in this election and will try to change the American constitution to accommodate his third term.

When you won three states by 70K votes combined you ain't got any room for errors. A poker player will tell you he drew a straight flush while running against an opponent that was equally dislike than him. Even I voted for him in 2016 because of his promise to reduced pass through corporation tax rate (S Corp) which he did. That's one thing I have in common with him. His corporation is S corp so is mine. Now I ain't got no more use for him. His floor base of support is 40% and this number is greatly influenced by 80% of support from the Southern states. That's not enough to get him the win. He is done you can stick a fork in him all that is remaining are the noise. On election night once Trump loses Florida, game over. There is no way he can get to 270 electoral votes without Florida. So it s FLORIDA FLORIDA FLORIDA for Trump. Biden can get to 270 even without winning Florida. Early voting starts in 3 weeks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by Golan007: 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
LadyExcellency:

The same thing half of Nigerians tell Buhari. Where is you School Leaving Certificate?

Producing your certificate to clarify doubts is not an insult unless something is amiss.

You mean a white American would be asked the same?

That was as racist as it gets.

He tried same with Kamala Harris just he other day until he was shut down.

As far as Trump is concerned, only whites are proper Americans.

1 Like

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by Justiceibeikenn: 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
LadyExcellency:

Obama and Democrats are the ones stoking the divisiveness not Trump. They divided US into color, race, religion just for politics. Trump is not up to 4 years in politics and all Americans problems are his.

Trump didn't shoot a black man. Trump didn't issue executive order against blacks, Trump didn't do anything to prefer the Whites to Blacks.

Blacks and Democrat have consistently called every Republican Presidential nominee a racist including John McCain and Romney who they Democrats now adore because of their antiTrump stand.

Forget it, all these mainstream media agenda will fail.

And once they fail the world will be a better place
Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by biggie73(m): 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
sunnyeinstein:

Sir, I did not say we should discuss US political and economic issues and happenings, I just want to know which media outlet in today's US of A is unbiased and without an agenda.
Kindly help me out on this sir.
Thank you sir
.....again, do your findings and form good judgments.

1 Like

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by BotherMleeper(m): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2020
justli:

The question is why doesn't the Democrats and their media outlet condemn these radical acts. They support them fully and the ordinary citizens can see that.
They can see how safe they are under the Democrats leadership

Actually every single democrat has condemned the violence and looting. What the GOP and its followers want is an outright condemnation of the protests in their entirety. But that's hypocritical because the protests are about 1A which is something the conservatives talk about on their platform, in addition to 2A. American democracy is about rights and freedoms, and while the Left emphasizes on the 1st Amendment, the right is obsessed about the 2nd Amendment.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by Lubumbashi: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2020
guru90:

trump gonna win........ U will see it on 3rd Nov. 2020
He won't. There is a reason Democrats selected Joe Biden. I thought he was a bad choice initially until I understood their game plan.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
Justiceibeikenn:

The Dems would have stood a chance with mail in voting...but as it stands Trump will win with more than 30m votes...even in democrat states Trump will win
Trump had 62 million votes in 2016.
Now you are talking 30 They will still do mail in voting and many Americans will vote by mail because of the pandemic.
Also Trump can never win the popular vote he is unpopular the only thing that can help him is the electoral college which was how he won before

Trump can never win in a democrat statea don't deceive yourself.
This election will be very tough and even if Trump wins it will be narrow not a landslide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2020
BotherMleeper:

Exactly

He's one apathetic SOB.

It also surprises me how so many latinos are proTrump and racist to African Americans.
I knew Trump was badluck in 2016 but never expected the badluck to be this bad.
America is declining if Trump gets four more years America is finished the wannabe dictator will finish that country.
Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by LadyExcellency: 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2020
t2luv1:

When you won three states by 70K votes combined you ain't got any room for errors. A poker player will tell you he drew a straight flush while running against an opponent that was equally dislike than him. Even I voted for him in 2016 because of his promise to reduced pass through corporation tax rate (S Corp) which he did. That's one thing I have in common with him. His corporation is S corp so is mine. Now I ain't got no more use for him. His floor base of support is 40% and this number is greatly influenced by 80% of support from the Southern states. That's not enough to get him the win. He is done you can stick a fork in him all that is remaining are the noise. On election night once Trump loses Florida, game over. There is no way he can get to 270 electoral votes without Florida. So it s FLORIDA FLORIDA FLORIDA for Trump. Biden can get to 270 even without winning Florida. Early voting starts in 3 weeks.

Read what US editorials have today. Even Michael Moore, a Trump hater is warning Democrats of Trump Landslide.

Read CNN, Read Nytimes, Washingtonpost. The left wing media are beginning to get jittery.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/why-dems-and-the-liberal-media-minions-are-running-scared-goodwin/
Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by emmyN(m): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
Obviously, the protests are no longer about Black Lives but covert democratic movement. It's now become a political tool. The "blacks should not allow themselves be used.
Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
I hope you are right I really want Trump.to lose and Americans vote massively against him.Hus supporters are too loud and violent.
Biden needs to unite the nation
t2luv1:

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by LadyExcellency: 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2020
Golan007:

You mean a white American would be asked the same?

That was as racist as it gets.

He tried same with Kamala Harris just he other day until he was shut down.

As far as Trump is concerned, only whites are proper Americans.

Trump asked Ted Cruz same question during Republican primaries. So nothing new.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-and-ted-cruz-end-truce-in-lively-republican-debate-a6813456.html
Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
Lubumbashi:
He won't. There is a reason Democrats selected Joe Biden. I thought he was a bad choice initially until I understood their game plan.
Abeg tell me oo.
I am so scared for Joe because Trump supporters are loud and violent and may not accept defeat
Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by Ogaonos: 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:

Long unnecessary talks and of no importance im such a trivial issue as BLM.

You clearly are naive.

Peace out.
smh this why blacks wouldn't grow.pple like u love a good speaking politicians to tell u good words.is u DT naive I bet u Wen biden win d election nd enter oval office.what bills will blacks create and lobby in d Congress to be pass into laws.these went they should start to decide.wen Obama was in power black sat down Nd saying he was a sell out.while lGbt was wrking dwn lobbying bills on same sex marriage to be legalise.now a racist is a president we back to square one.wen biden enter black should create bills by wrking with d security outfit on rules and regulations in handling or arresting a black or a citizen.u go from DT to other issue with blacks like pro laws DT make black American invest in his race( Africa,Carribbean) thru a platform Ind us embassy recognise by d white house.have notice us president dnt come to Africa for economic visit or investment and carry black American biz men/women alone like Chinese President has being doing.for years.all these is what whites Americans will do if they were in our shoes.jux being logistic maybe am talking long unnecessary talks DT make no relevant to BLM movement and am naive as u said smh
Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by LadyExcellency: 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

America is declining if Trump gets four more years America is finished the wannabe dictator will finish that country.

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by BotherMleeper(m): 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Trump was an obvious white supremacist reaction to Obama. The GOP and its racist followers hated the fact that a blackman was president, hence McConnell and his gang of racists frustrated Obama at every turn.

They knew Trump was bad news, but they wanted to "own the libtards" by deliberately electing a known racist. Trouble is, they thought Trump was an easily-controllable buffoon, and he proved them all wrong because his base is the strongest ever seen. So the McConnells and Grahams and Jordans and Gaetz have to kowtow or lose their support.

The GOP does not care about global politics or democracy or equality. They only care about their guns and wealthy friends and influence.

Ps: I've added to my earlier post you quoted.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
BotherMleeper:

Exactly

He's one apathetic SOB.

It also surprises me how so many latinos are proTrump and racist to African Americans. Have they forgotten the wall and the caravan and ICE cages and the Trumpian rhetoric about diseased "bad hombres" and rapists embedded in the so-called caravan? Any mention of the caravan has suddenly disappeared. Even the wall is in the back burner because "radical democrats" and "Marxists" have taken center stage.

Hopefully the lations that hate him are more than those that love him and will vote him out.

1 Like

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
BotherMleeper:

Trump was an obvious white supremacist reaction to Obama. The GOP and its racist followers hated the fact that a blackman was president, hence McConnell and his gang of racists frustrated Obama at every turn.

They knew Trump was bad news, but they wanted to "own the libtards" by deliberately electing a known racist. Trouble is, they thought Trump was an easily-controllable buffoon, and he proved them all wrong because his base is the strongest ever seen. So the McConnells and Grahams and Jordans and Gaetz have to kowtow or lose their support.

The GOP does not care about global politics or democracy or equality. They only care about their guns and wealthy friends and influence.

This is Trump's Amelikkka grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by Lubumbashi: 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Abeg tell me oo.
I am so scared for Joe because Trump supporters are loud and violent and may not accept defeat
All that talk of not accepting defeat are just distraction. He will leave the office in disgrace Jan 20 2021. The Democrats are sure of the popular votes. It's just Pennsylvania and Michigan they need and Biden has deep contacts in both states to make it happen. Dems will win Florida. That is not even up for debate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by anyaekekehinde(m): 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
CrazyOptimist:

Tell him o
Someone in Abule egba will be telling you what's on ground in the US.

This is a very weak argument.

There are many Times my ex- classmates in US will be the ones telling what is going on under my nose here in Ikeja. And they will be dammn right.

By the way, let me even follow your logic.

Don't you have people here in Nigeria?
Don't your share public opinion and sentiments of events over there with them?
Assuming you share an opinion or public sentiment of current reality in USA with relative based in Nigeria, and that relative re-echoes same sentiment here in the media space of Naija, does this invalidates the opinion?
Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2020
Golan007:

Shut up.

Have you ever gone pass Upper Iweka before?
Dey calm down na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by LadyExcellency: 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2020
BotherMleeper:

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
Lubumbashi:
All that talk of not accepting defeat are just distraction. He will leave the office in disgrace Jan 4 2021. The Democrats are sure of the popular votes. It's just Pennsylvania and Michigan they need and Biden has deep contacts in both states to make it happen. Dems will win Florida. That is not even up for debate.
I hope you are right.
Even Wisonsin and Arizona are tossing towards Biden too.
Ohio and Texas may be too far for Biden but if he can win.Pennsylvania,Michigan,Wisonsin and Arizona Biden will be president along with the states Hillary won in 2016 and those states are favouring Biden all Americans need to do is vote like never before.
Hillary lost those states back then I hope Biden wins it.He needs to unite America more than ever

1 Like

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by t2luv1: 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
LadyExcellency:

Read what US editorials have today. Even Michael Moore, a Trump hater is warning Democrats of Trump Landslide.

Read CNN, Read Nytimes, Washingtonpost. The left wing media are beginning to get jittery.

You just typed the magic word WARNING !!!!. Now like me break it down for you. Nigeria is not the only place where politics is tribal, it is the same in this Land of the free, Home of the Brave we call call USA.

Biden is Catholic so there goes Pennsylvania which Trump won by mere 44K votes
Kamala husband is Jewish there goes Florida which Trump won last time by mere 0.5% and in those Blacks voters that hated Hillary, That 0.5% disappear quickly.
Increase black votes in the City of Detroit by mere 8K and there goes MIchigan

Are you getting my drift. I am a system Analyst in real life I make my living looking at realities not some imaginary things. If I am laying down odds right now Biden has 65% chance of winning and Trump 35%. If I am Trump I don't like that odds.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Supporters, Protesters Clash In Portland, US. One Dead (Pics) by LadyExcellency: 7:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
t2luv1:

You just typed the magic word WARNING !!!!. Now like me break it down for you. Nigeria is not the only place where politics is tribal, it is the same in this Land of the free, Home of the Brave we call call USA.

Biden is Catholic so there goes Pennsylvania which Trump won by mere 44K votes
Kamala husband is Jewish there goes Florida which Trump won last time by mere 0.5% and in those Blacks voters that hated Hillary, That 0.5% disappear quickly.
Increase black votes in the City of Detroit by mere 8K and there goes MIchigan

Are you getting my drift. I am a system Analyst in real life I make my living looking at realities not some imaginary things. If I am laying down odds right now Biden has 65% chance of winning and Trump 35%. If I am Trump I don't like that odds.

Biden, a Catholic?

The one that is denied Holy Communion by Catholic Priest? He has been excommunicated.

Biden and Democrats has no message other than I hate Trump.

Party of redistribution, socialism, violence, pay to play. Pelosi is asking for 3.2 Trillion for corona relief to bribe Democrat constituency. Thank goodness, boycotted her through Executive Order.

Trump is contesting against MSM, Hollywood, NWO and Democrats. Majority of US Media are lying to their viewers to paint Orange man bad

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Burkina Faso Doctor Sent To Frontline For Criticizing Military Over Insecurity / Pictures Of Health Ministers Of The U.S, U.K, Belgium & Canada / A Massive Sinkhole Swallowed Part Of A Florida House (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.