Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,485 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

The Reason You’ve Not Been Assimilating Very Fast - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Reason You’ve Not Been Assimilating Very Fast (1583 Views)

If You’ve Forgotten Your Matriculation Number, This Is For You / Seven English Words You Will Be Shocked To Know You’ve Been Using Wrongly / Having Problems Assimilating What You Read? This Is For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason You’ve Not Been Assimilating Very Fast by Femmyte: 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
There are so many problems that are associated with reading and assimilating, this have really affected so many students which have made some to settle for less. many people has even neglected reading just because they find it so difficult to remember and retain what they are reading, some consider reading to be hard work and stressful and since they don’t remember what they have been reading so they prefer to stop reading and depend on their friends or other means in passing their examination, some even have to read something several times before they understand and remember what they read.

Many of these problems were caused by the internet as the Internet has not been helping people to think before finding solutions to problems and different types of sites also reside online that helps and support examination malpractice these are little among several reasons why people are not putting effort in reading and assimilate very fast.
many people push the blame on teachers whereas, the blame is not only on them but also on the parents who has not been showing a good example to their children, and of course, on the youngsters who are also finding it difficult to read as a result of laziness.
in this article I’m going to list out the major reasons and also provide some solutions to these problems so to get the very best out of it, kindly read this gently and try as much as possible to apply them.

Before finding a cure let’s try to figure out what the cause of the problem might be.

Less sleeping hour: majority of people are not sleeping as much as they supposed to, this always makes it difficult for the brain to process the information that is currently passing in and retain it into the mind. The scientist advises people to sleep at least 8 hours a day.

read more

[url]https://blog.examprep.com.ng/the-reason-youve-not-been-assimilating-very-fast/"
[/url]
Re: The Reason You’ve Not Been Assimilating Very Fast by Jman06(m): 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
You're very wrong with the internet aspect of your reasons.

If anything, internet broadens the mind and enables it to take in lots of information. Perhaps, I'll agree with you that some people don't know how to make use of the internet hence they do the wrong things or visit the wrong sites on net.

If you noticed, the performance of students both at SSCE, JAMB and even undergraduate levels have significantly improved in recent years compared to what obtained some few decades back. Such improvement in performance can be attributed largely to the internet because students now source for information from the net than just rely on what the teacher offers in class.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason You’ve Not Been Assimilating Very Fast by branhampaul: 5:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
On the internet aspect; you are plain wrong. You are blinding yourself to the numerous seeable benefits bestowed by the internet.

The internet has helped in the exchange of information at a million great rate than what was obtained prior.

You should know these things nah.

1 Like

Re: The Reason You’ve Not Been Assimilating Very Fast by Femmyte: 5:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
I will not like you to misinterpret my point over there Sir. Internet serve a major role in educational performance truly. I will like you to digest my point as I didn't say it's not helping education system, but that major people have rely on it which have make them to stop reading just by depending on it for only examination malpractices. Thanks
Jman06:
You're very wrong with the internet aspect of your reasons.

If anything, internet broadens the mind and enables it to take in lots of information. Perhaps, I'll agree with you that some people don't know how to make use of the internet hence they do the wrong things or visit the wrong sites on net.

If you noticed, the performance of students both at SSCE, JAMB and even undergraduate levels have significantly improved in recent years compared to what obtained some few decades back. Such improvement in performance can be attributed largely to the internet because students now source for information from the net than just rely on what the teacher offers in class.

Re: The Reason You’ve Not Been Assimilating Very Fast by Femmyte: 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
Kindly read my reply to @Jman06. Thanks

branhampaul:
On the internet aspect; you are plain wrong. You are blinding yourself to the numerous seeable benefits bestowed by the internet.

The internet has helped in the exchange of information at a million great rate than what was obtained prior.

You should know these things nah.
Re: The Reason You’ve Not Been Assimilating Very Fast by haiti007(m): 3:11am On Aug 31, 2020
What will you say about an eleven years old girl with no phones and no internet access?
For not sleeping well, she sleeps a lot yet not assimilating anything.
Personally, I think there factored responsible for this and not just the internet.
Re: The Reason You’ve Not Been Assimilating Very Fast by Femmyte: 5:47am On Aug 31, 2020
The first reason mentioned there was sleeping, you can check the blog to know the rest and also find out the possible way out. Thanks.
haiti007:
What will you say about an eleven years old girl with no phones and no internet access?
For not sleeping well, she sleeps a lot yet not assimilating anything.
Personally, I think there factored responsible for this and not just the internet.

1 Like

Re: The Reason You’ve Not Been Assimilating Very Fast by femi4: 6:34am On Aug 31, 2020
You are wrong on internet.

Internet has helped students to solve problems via different approach compared to what their teachers taught them or what have in their text books

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) / The Shocking Truth About Linda Ikeji's Source Of Wealth Revealed! Watch This! / Peter Obi Went To Every Community Demanding For 20 People...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.