Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) (1566 Views)

20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? / Oyo, Ogun And Osun Lead In Engineering University Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by SiggyNG: 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
Update from SIGGY

A young lady, Zaynab Agboola, a fresh graduate from the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) has gone on LinkedIn to announce how she broke barriers and succeeded greatly in her academics, Siggy reports.

She said her journey to getting a degree in engineering started six years ago when she left the comfort of her home in Lagos and travelled to Ilorin for school.

In a class of 92 students, Zaynab emerged as the only female first-class graduate. The lady said that the task was not an easy one.

It’s been 6 years since I left the comfort of Lagos for Ilorin, Kwara state, to attempt a feat never attained in my family (Engineering).

It all began with a thought and as they say “the rest is history”. Here I am shinning brightly in the light at the end of the tunnel. Absolutely overwhelming!�

With a class of 92 students, I was the sole female FIRST CLASS GRADUATE. It felt surreal to have accomplished such a tremendous task, but was it simple? No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. How I had to combine being Vice President of the Faculty of Engineering & Technology with major volunteer efforts (JCI) and academics was only by God’s Grace. There were times when I was tired, disappointed, and upset, and I cried. However, the experience was exciting and full of self-discovery. The road had its ups and downs, but in the end, I stood TALL.

Today, I'm a University of Ilorin graduate with a degree in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering.☺️

I attribute everything to the G-factor: GOD. Alhamdulillah�He made it possible for me to navigate. Then, I dedicate this to my parents; Mr. & Mrs. Agboola, who have always been my rock. You’re a source of strength and inspiration for me. Finally, thank you to my incredible siblings, who are my greatest supporters and whom I adore. ❤️

I owe this accomplishment to everyone who has contributed to my learning experience from infancy till present, both formal and informal, directly and indirectly. My lecturers, tutors and mentors. Thank you so much for impacting and imparting my life. I’m so grateful❣️To the true supportive friends I made and all valuable individuals I connected with on campus, I am delighted our path crossed. I appreciate you all�❤️

It marks the end of a tumultuous journey for me, but it's also the start of a new adventure that, by His Grace, will lead to success and glory.� I am super excited about the next phase and I’m so proud of myself. Cheers to greatness as the future shines brighter than the sun.�✨

Congratulations to me��

The last slide, with the Vice Chancellor, University of Ilorin, Prof. Abdul-Kareem AGE is my favorite.
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/zaynab-agboola-67b4941a6_technology-engineering-agritech-activity-6862797970291621888-Qe52

The graduate revealed that she had to combine being the vice president of her faculty, some volunteering work, and schooling.

She braved the whole ups and downs and became the best student in her class at the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN).

https://campusnews.medium.com/unilorin-student-emerges-only-female-1st-class-in-engineering-department-photos-915da9a1c2a

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by SiggyNG: 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
cool
Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by MufasaLion: 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
Congratulations. I like me some brilliant baby girls. tongue

Well, she should focus on getting additional skills.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by NumeroUna(f): 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
Go girl!!! Keep flying high

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by Skiloloplc(m): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
Congratulations to her. Many more wins
Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by Gilgil: 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
No now!!.

There have been several female 1st class graduates in engineering from FUTO.
She is probably number 120.

Stop peddling false figures.

Anyway, congratulations to this lady. It isn't easy to bag a 1st from engineering in FUTO.

I can call the names of the female first class engineering students from FUTO here but wouldn't want to until the poster pushes this narrative too far.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by Ovii123(m): 12:41am On Dec 06, 2021
Congrats to her but being first Female Engineering student with first class is a big lie, my set 2017/2018 had almost 3 EEE students with first class, Fst had etc.
Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by jesmond3945: 12:48am On Dec 06, 2021
SiggyNG:
Update from SIGGY

A beautiful lady named Somtochi Stella Amuche has just broken a 41-year-old record in the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) as she becomes the first ever female 1st class engineering graduate, Siggy reports.

Stella Amuche is a lady amongst men that broke the jinx by defying all the potential barriers and tunneled out on top.

She is a perfect definition of beauty with brain. She is a gem, and a shinning light among bright Nigerian ladies who are changing the narrative about women.

Somtochi recently broke the 41-year-old academic record of the Federal University of Technology Owerri by becoming the first female student to bag a first class in the Engineering Department of the prestigious institution.

https://campusnews.medium.com/somtochi-amuche-becomes-first-female-1st-class-engineering-graduate-in-futo-2d4affe74806
she is not the first
Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by Ulunne777(f): 6:58am On Dec 06, 2021
Not true pls
Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by Akporo1234: 7:17am On Dec 06, 2021
Congratulations mama
Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by Akporo1234: 8:48am On Dec 06, 2021
The future is really female
Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by LordIsaac(m): 8:59am On Dec 06, 2021
Not a mean feat.... especially when schooling in a terrible system. Congrats dear.
Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by ashewoboy(m): 10:03am On Dec 06, 2021
Beauty. I like pretty girls.
Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by Spherical77(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2021
Omo seee beauty o
Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by Perfecttouch(m): 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
I wanted to say if it is not agric and biosystems engineering, make she forget but it was biosystems...
That department hard die...
Combination of civil, mechanical and electrical. Come add agriculture join..
We rock jaree
Re: UNILORIN Student Emerges Only Female 1st Class in Engineering Department (Pics) by WebDesignerNG(m): 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2021
Congrats baby

(1) (Reply)

Unilag : Admissions To Postgraduate Programmes 2023/2024 Session / Nairalanders Name Your Secondary School Or University Let's Connect / Direct Entry Into Unilag: What Are The Chances?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.