Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,210 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Mistakes I Found In Most Cvs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mistakes I Found In Most Cvs (505 Views)

Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline / Disregard Invitation To Submit Cvs For Appointment, SGF Tell Nigerians / Costly Mistakes I Discovered in 250 CVs: Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mistakes I Found In Most Cvs by PreciousOma(f): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
#1. Poor Arrangement Of Information In CV

73% of the CV I have worked on has poor has poor arrangement of information.

So, what information can be classified as your strength or weakness? Information such as academic qualifications(MBa,Msc,PhD, etc), big brand work experience and your and your achievements will stand as your strength.

Your weakness, information such as your personal data (date of birth, your marital status, state of origin etc..)

#2. Address Of Residence

This has denied 80% of applicants the opportunity of getting their desired/ dreamed job.

For example, let's say an employer in Abuja needs 20 qualified graduates, this is definitely a problem for an applicant whose address of residence is not in Abuja.

But my advice is, if you have a relative in Abuja you can stay with, I will say you put the person's address of residence. That would guarantee you the job.

#3. Absence Of Achievements

Many CV I worked on did not mention achievement, the fee that did hid it inside a long lists of responsibilities.

Your achievements is what makes you stand out from the crowd. Achievements is a personal possession and no other person can have same achievements with you.

I have started receiving positive feedback from the CV I review, rewrite, because I use my experience to place their achievements properly on their CV.

#4. Lack knowledge of cover letter.

Almost 90% of the cover letter I review were poorly written.

Note that there are companies that don't ask for cover letter. If the company do not ask for a cover letter there is no need of writing.

It is in your cover letter that you have all the space to express your skills and achievements. You can tell how your skills have problems of employers, particular to your job function. You will have space to give details of your achievements.

You can apply all these when writing your Cv and cover letter for yourself.

If you need my assistance, in reviewing, rewriting your CV/Resume you can always send me an email ezewemprecious96@gmail.com or chat me up on +2348168184429
Re: Mistakes I Found In Most Cvs by Villagemeat: 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2020
So nah CV dey give person work? Oga pack well
Re: Mistakes I Found In Most Cvs by JOpress3: 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
PreciousOma:
#1. Poor Arrangement Of Information In CV

73% of the CV I have worked on has poor has poor arrangement of information.

So, what information can be classified as your strength or weakness? Information such as academic qualifications(MBa,Msc,PhD, etc), big brand work experience and your and your achievements will stand as your strength.

Your weakness, information such as your personal data (date of birth, your marital status, state of origin etc..)

#2. Address Of Residence

This has denied 80% of applicants the opportunity of getting their desired/ dreamed job.

For example, let's say an employer in Abuja needs 20 qualified graduates, this is definitely a problem for an applicant whose address of residence is not in Abuja.

But my advice is, if you have a relative in Abuja you can stay with, I will say you put the person's address of residence. That would guarantee you the job.

#3. Absence Of Achievements

Many CV I worked on did not mention achievement, the fee that did hid it inside a long lists of responsibilities.

Your achievements is what makes you stand out from the crowd. Achievements is a personal possession and no other person can have same achievements with you.

I have started receiving positive feedback from the CV I review, rewrite, because I use my experience to place their achievements properly on their CV.

#4. Lack knowledge of cover letter.

Almost 90% of the cover letter I review were poorly written.

Note that there are companies that don't ask for cover letter. If the company do not ask for a cover letter there is no need of writing.

It is in your cover letter that you have all the space to express your skills and achievements. You can tell how your skills have problems of employers, particular to your job function. You will have space to give details of your achievements.

You can apply all these when writing your Cv and cover letter for yourself.

If you need my assistance, in reviewing, rewriting your CV/Resume you can always send me an email ezewemprecious96@gmail.com or chat me up on +2348168184429
this is absolute plagiarism my friend and violation of copyright law.

If you specialized in copying someone's work completely like this, I can only imagine the level of copy copy you will apply to people's CV.

Be creative and do the needful.

(1) (Reply)

Cashapp With Cashcard Urgently Needed!!! / Two Office Assistants (males) Needed At Law Office At Oyingbo, Lagos. / Having 2 Jobs...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.