Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,968 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

List The Safest States In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List The Safest States In The North (2574 Views)

2023 Poll List Of Ten Safest States In Nigeria / Safest States In Nigeria 2022: 10 Most Peaceful - Lagos #3 / South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List The Safest States In The North by TruthinAction: 10:31pm On Aug 30, 2020
It just occurred to me that I have never heard about terrorist attacks in some states in the north like, Bauchi state, Gombe state and even Sokoto state. Please correct me if I am wrong and which states do you think are the safest state in the north and why?
Re: List The Safest States In The North by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:41pm On Aug 30, 2020
I don't really feel safe whenever I find myself anywhere in the North. This even include Abuja.

Truth is that you will meet a lot of very good Hausas. I mean even those willing to assist you for any issue you encounter. But this experience is fragile. You have a swam of illiterate youths who can become apprehensive for any slight misinformation. Ordinary rumors can trigger stampede and since you know that you are sorounded by illiterates, you are afraid what might become ur fate.

I feel safer when there is a rumor of cult crisis than religious crisis.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List The Safest States In The North by TruthinAction: 11:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
I don't really feel safe whenever I find myself anywhere in the North. This even include Abuja.

Truth is that you will meet a lot of very good Hausas. I mean even those willing to assist you for any issue you encounter. But this experience is fragile. You have a swam of illiterate youths who can become apprehensive for any slight misinformation. Ordinary rumors can trigger stampede and since you know that you are sorounded by illiterates, you are afraid what might become ur fate.

I feel safer when there is a rumor of cult crises than religious crisis.

I understand but I am talking of relative safety and not absolute safety. There is no where in the world you can have absolute safety except in heaven.

3 Likes

Re: List The Safest States In The North by DMerciful(m): 11:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
He has told you how he feels anywhere in the North but you're not accepting it. I myself I dont feel as safe anywhere in the North as when in the South because I know at the back of my mind it will take a Danish cartoonist just a pencil to cause issues in Northern Nigeria and as an Igbo, I'm already a target.
TruthinAction:

I understand but I am talking of relative safety and not absolute safety. There is no where in the world you can have absolute safety except in heaven.

11 Likes

Re: List The Safest States In The North by imamabi(m): 1:02am On Aug 31, 2020
DMerciful:
He has told you how he feels anywhere in the North but you're not accepting it. I myself I dont feel as safe anywhere in the North as when in the South because I know at the back of my mind it will take a Danish cartoonist just a pencil to cause issues in Northern Nigeria and as an Igbo, I'm already a target.

We have a lot of Igbos in the north and they are not target. Go to Kano, Jigawa, Bauchi and Yobe and see how Igbos are faring well with no fear of any harassment or intimidation. The truth is that if you respect their laws in the north you will never have problem with them. E.g. since you know they don't want you to mingle with their daughters, then stay clear of malo chicks. They don't want you to defame their prophet, mind your business and face your front. Etc

2 Likes

Re: List The Safest States In The North by RightChannel: 1:06am On Aug 31, 2020
BORNO Is the safest state

1 Like

Re: List The Safest States In The North by AngusTV: 1:18am On Aug 31, 2020
Will there ever be peace in the north?
Re: List The Safest States In The North by OlujobaSamuel: 2:24am On Aug 31, 2020
Borno, home of peace, now the most unpeaceful state in Nigeria. May it not be well for those(govt, individuals, foreign, locals) that initiated crisis in that state.
I think the answer to your question should be Kebbi

1 Like

Re: List The Safest States In The North by spy24(m): 2:40am On Aug 31, 2020
kebbi state and sokoto state
Re: List The Safest States In The North by DMerciful(m): 4:01am On Aug 31, 2020
The election violence in 2011 when Bubu lost that killed many people, were they no innocent persons that died? Look at your comment, if they don't want you to mingle with their daughters....if you go to other places and countries, can't you mingle with their daughters? Truth is you can be killed easily for what nobody will do you anything in safe places
imamabi:

We have a lot of Igbos in the north and they are not target. Go to Kano, Jigawa, Bauchi and Yobe and see how Igbos are faring well with no fear of any harassment or intimidation. The truth is that if you respect their laws in the north you will never have problem with them. E.g. since you know they don't want you to mingle with their daughters, then stay clear of malo chicks. They don't want you to defame their prophet, mind your business and face your front. Etc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: List The Safest States In The North by stonemasonn: 4:06am On Aug 31, 2020
Maybe Kwara and Gombe.

1 Like

Re: List The Safest States In The North by TruthinAction: 10:22am On Aug 31, 2020
DMerciful:

You didn't get me. I schooled in the north years back and I am an eye witness of several crisis but God preserved my life. I am just curious to know why a few states in the north are never in the news as regards the activities of herdsmen and other bandits. I just wanted to be corrected. Maybe, it happens also in those states but it is not reported. I don't think I have ever heard about such crises in states like Bauchi, Gombe and Sokoto.
Re: List The Safest States In The North by imamabi(m): 10:32am On Aug 31, 2020
DMerciful:
The election violence in 2011 when Bubu lost that killed many people, were they no innocent persons that died? Look at your comment, if they don't want you to mingle with their daughters....if you go to other places and countries, can't you mingle with their daughters? Truth is you can be killed easily for what nobody will do you anything in safe places

It's nine years now and I think they've move pass that era Mr. And for my comments it still stands when u go to somewhere u just have to respect there culture no matter how primitive it may look. Your goal as a person is to maintain a peaceful status and that can only be achieve by respecting their laws and tradition. You don't go somewhere new and claim u are more civilize and think they will see things your way just like that. Change takes time.

1 Like

Re: List The Safest States In The North by Oracleforce: 10:48am On Aug 31, 2020
Bronu and Kastina State are the safest States on earth...idiot question...
Even the Bible says, violent shall break out from the north....anywhere called north ....you should be very careful of the place...for example, North Korean, Northern China, etc....anywhere called is earmarked for doom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List The Safest States In The North by Arrewa: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2020
Kano
Gombe
Bauchi
Kebbi
These are the most safest state in the north.

Yobe is now very safe it has been totally free from Bokoharam same with Adamawa State.

The era of religious crisis is gone due to exposure and education.

We have millions of Southerners here in kano hustling for decades in peace.

Northerners are very accommodating.

We have hundreds of churches here in kano who have been operating for years.

In every society we have both good and evil people.

Those niggas are above are nothing but religious and tribal bigots.

And if you don't feel safe coming to the north...

Pls stay back and enjoy your south... Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: List The Safest States In The North by imamabi(m): 11:20am On Aug 31, 2020
Arrewa:
Kano
Gombe
Bauchi
Kebbi

Yobe is not very safe it has been totally free from Bokoharam same with Adamawa State.

The era of religious crisis is gone due to expose to exposure and education.

Northern are very accommodating.

They think the north they knew 10yrs back is still the same. They really need to travel. Travelling is another form of education.
Re: List The Safest States In The North by Arrewa: 11:33am On Aug 31, 2020
imamabi:

They think the north they knew 10yrs back is still the same. They really need to travel. Travelling is another form of education.
that's it...
Re: List The Safest States In The North by November1857(m): 11:35am On Aug 31, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Borno, home of peace, now the most unpeaceful state in Nigeria. May it not be well for those(govt, individuals, foreign, locals) that initiated crisis in that state.
I think the answer to your question should be Kebbi
Borno one of the most admirable places in Nigeria in those days !
Re: List The Safest States In The North by November1857(m): 11:39am On Aug 31, 2020
TruthinAction:

You didn't get me. I schooled in the north years back and I am an eye witness of several crisis but God preserved my life. I am just curious to know why a few states in the north are never in the news as regards the activities of herdsmen and other bandits. I just wanted to be corrected. Maybe, it happens also in those states but it is not reported. I don't think I have ever heard about such crises in states like Bauchi, Gombe and Sokoto.
There is banditry going in sokoto and Bauchi..
Re: List The Safest States In The North by TruthinAction: 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2020
November1857:
There is banditry going in sokoto and Bauchi..

OK. That means it is not reported or under reported. Nigeria is now a den of criminals because we don't have a president.
Re: List The Safest States In The North by Iscoalarcon: 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
NAIRALAND is filled with tribal and religious bigots but unfortunately seun and his mods are not doing anything to stop that may be because they benefit from that

2 Likes

Re: List The Safest States In The North by omoharry(f): 2:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
I heard Gombe is safe .
Re: List The Safest States In The North by Bruno3000(m): 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
imamabi:

Most cases it is their daughters that fall for d Christian guys, instead to confront their girls and leave the innocent guy alone, they would rather start another religious crisis on top the the guy. But meanwhile, the so called malo guys will be chasing our Christian girls up and down. These pple are mentally deranged aswear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List The Safest States In The North by FriendNG: 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
Arrewa:
Kano
Gombe
Bauchi
Kebbi

Yobe is now very safe it has been totally free from Bokoharam same with Adamawa State.

The era of religious crisis is gone due to exposure and education.

Northerners are very accommodating.

And you forget Jigawa
Re: List The Safest States In The North by imamabi(m): 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
Bruno3000:
Most cases it is their daughters that fall for d Christian guys, instead to confront their girls and leave the innocent guy alone, they would rather start another religious crisis on top the the guy. But meanwhile, the so called malo guys will be chasing our Christian girls up and down. These pple are mentally deranged aswear.

You are not getting it. Its not abt religion. It's abt their culture and tradition. You guys are quick to attribute things to religion. Yet you accuse the northerners of religious bigotry.

1 Like

Re: List The Safest States In The North by Christistruth00: 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kwara,Kebbi may be Jigawa.

Plateau is relatively safer but when it rains it pours.

Niger State was on the list till a few months ago when the bandits landed they have not known peace since.
Re: List The Safest States In The North by Bruno3000(m): 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2020
imamabi:

You are not getting it. Its not abt religion. It's abt their culture and tradition. You guys are quick to attribute things to religion. Yet you accuse the northerners of religious bigotry.
Its all about religion. I grew up in the north.

2 Likes

Re: List The Safest States In The North by Mistakemaker: 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2020
TruthinAction:
It just occurred to me that I have never heard about terrorist attacks in some states in the north like, Bauchi state, Gombe state and even Sokoto state. Please correct me if I am wrong and which states do you think are the safest state in the north and why?
Bandits attacks (terrorism) is going on in sokoto, kebbi, zamfara, Kaduna and katsina.. Only kano and Jigawa are a bit safe
Re: List The Safest States In The North by Mistakemaker: 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

I feel safer when there is a rumor of cult crisis than religious crisis.
You sabi.. Religious crises isn't a joke for those who know

3 Likes

Re: List The Safest States In The North by TruthinAction: 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mistakemaker:

Bandits attacks (terrorism) is going on in sokoto, kebbi, zamfara, Kaduna and katsina.. Only kano and Jigawa are a bit safe

OK. What about Bauchi and Gombe state?
Re: List The Safest States In The North by achierosion(m): 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
imamabi:

I wish what u just said are true... Meaning a riot in Pakistan will not affect northern Nigeria?
Are you telling me that if a southern wins a northern in a free and fair election there'll be no riot in North.

No be me you wan drag come north where there's a 'tine line' between life and death.

Anywhere they're too many Muslims is a no go area for.

Did you people know what is forgiveness and tolerance, any moment from now people will stone or slaughter a young man because of nonsense blasphemy after jailing the other 10 years old boy for nothing.

I fear who no fear north.

1 Like

Re: List The Safest States In The North by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2020
Aboki tins. God forsaken land, I pray to never go there I would rather travel out . You could be killed, kidnapped or beheaded anytime over any little thing . Please it's advisable not to go there, even foreign countries advice their citizens to stay away from northern nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Peter Obi's Supporter Is Confused. Picture Added / Lagos And Taraba Rally:pictures That Atiku And Obi Would Not Show You(photos) / Onuigbo Tasks Media Professionals On Positive Agenda Setting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.