Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

8 African Fashion Brands - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 8 African Fashion Brands (252 Views)

Top 8 African Countries With The Most Beautiful Women 2023 / 8 Fashion Brands We All Know By Name But Haven't Seen The Faces Behind Them / Ankara And Sneakers Is The Latest #style Trend In African #fashion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 African Fashion Brands by Fortunatus3636(m): 4:07am On Aug 31, 2020
As I mentioned in this post, this year I’ll only be spending my fashion dollars on Black designers. I especially want to highlight African designers, but many of them work in classic African wax print like ankara and kitenge, which are great for events but don’t particularly go with the idea of a capsule wardrobe. For the past couple of months I’ve been seeking out African fashion designers to support, who work in neutrals and solids, as well as clean tailoring that fits my style aesthethic. Here are some of the African designers I plan to add to my closet this year.

Andrea Iyamah
Though the brand entered the market with swimwear, their RTW collection features tops, pants, and dresses with sharp tailoring in beautiful solid colors. I’ve already in love with this top, and I have my eyes on this maxi dress and this jumpsuit.

Siri Studio
I’m very much into tailored pieces now, and Siri Studio’s classic high waisted pants are expertly made from high quality fabric. I already have them in yellow but think I need them in every single color.

[url]https://citywearsblog.com/10-fabulous-fashion-brands-that-have-existed/ [/url]

AU Gold
Asiyami Gold’s Fall 2019 collection evoked a feeling of wanderlust, much like the rest of her brand. With unique fabrics, rustic colors, and captivating photography, it’s no wonder many items from this launch quickly sold out. I have my eyes peeled ready to add to cart once her next collection is released.

Diarrablu
Another brand that started with swimwear and is expanding nicely into clothing, Diarrablu’s story is absolutely inspiring. The founder uses math to create her own prints, but what I really love is her multi-functional designs like the multiway Umy jumpsuit that I have in white, but that also looks amazing in this colorway. The founder has even ventured into making wall art!

Imad Eduso

Kai Collective
One of my favorite things about Fisayo’s Kai Collective is that she tries on every piece on her Instagram page, so you can get a true understanding of each garment’s cut and fit. I have this top (worn here) and am currently trying to decide which color to buy this dress. Another plus – which can’t be said for most of these designers – her designs often come in plus sizes!

[url]https://citywearsblog.com/30-awesome-women-shoes-for-work/ [/url]

Tongoro Studio
This Senegalese brand doesn’t shy away from prints. Rather, it works with abstract and monotone prints instead of the geometric and colorful prints that African fabric traditionally uses. They’ve had a meteoric rise since Beyonce wore several of their pieces, which are great for vacation and resort-wear. Their Made in Africa tee is a fave of mine, and I also wore one of their resort dresses for our anniversary. They have a men’s line too!

FKSP
Veteran fashion blogger Folake Kuye Huntoonturned her signature style and captivated audience into her own clothing line that features tailored dresses, pants, and jumpsuits in both bold and neutral colors, and sophisticated prints. FKSP is surprisingly affordable, especially for work wear, and the easy separates make for versatile pairings with your existing wardrobe. I picked up these pants from one of the newest drops (that quickly sold out) and they fit like a GLOVE.

Bonus: The Narativ
Founded by Zimbabwe native and Netflix Next in Fashion contestant Farai Simoyi, the Narativ is a Brooklyn concept store that carries ethical fashion designers from around the world. Although not all the designers stocked are African, a number of them – including Farai’s own eponymous line – are. I currently have my eyes on this white boilersuitby Guyanese American designer Marrisa Wilson.

Re: 8 African Fashion Brands by Holamic: 7:21am On Aug 31, 2020
Nice concept

(1) (Reply)

How To Clear Dark Knuckles / Hair Growth: What Increases And Decrease It / Banish Dull And Ashy Skin And Say Hello To Healthy And Glowing Skin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.