Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,605 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture (26642 Views)

Cultist Attacks Police Officers With Axe In Abuja (Photos, Video) / Confraternity Stripped Girls For Mimicking Their Mode Of Greeting / Robbers Break Into A House In Delta, Break Gateman's Head With Axe(Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2020
Aye police
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by loadedvibes: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2020
Lol.. haha
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by princebishop(m): 10:27am On Aug 31, 2020
BigBelleControl:
Those police officers must have been former members of Ayé confraternity.
former kay ,? they must still be active members
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by DennisEche(m): 10:27am On Aug 31, 2020
PROBABLY AN EX LORD.
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by slam7000(m): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2020
psucc:
You can hardly tell a police officer on duty and a cultist. They carry the same weapons except one is in uniform.

But honestly, upon all the money, this IG no still add flesh.

What is wrong with his look and physique?

The man looks fit and very healthy. Are you one of those who see fat necks and big tummy as sign of good health. The IG looks stronger and fitter than most 25 year olds.
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by WizzyVine: 10:33am On Aug 31, 2020
SandraJane:
A community leader, Alaba Peters, has accused men of the Lagos State Police Command of attacking him with an axe for intervening in a dispute.

The victim, who claimed to have been hospitalised after the incident, urged the state Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, to bring the culprits to justice.

PUNCH Metro learnt that some policemen attached to the Anti-Cultism Unit, Gbagada, had stormed the Odogunyan area of the state around 4.30pm on August 10, 2020, and arrested some tricycle operators’ union workers.

The community leader was said to have intervened and asked the cops the reason for the arrest, which did not go down with them.

Peters told PUNCH Metro that he was beaten with an axe by the cops, who eventually drove the union workers away from the scene.

He said, “Some policemen came to Odogunyan on August 10 to arrest some people and some of our union workers were among those arrested; so, I approached the officers to ask why they arrested the union workers and I was told that because they were not wearing the union’s jacket; the policemen started shooting indiscrimenately and when I asked where they came from, they said they were from the Anti-Cultism Unit at Gbagada.

“When I saw that they were taking the boys away, I went back to meet them in front of the grammar school at Odogunyan to ask them what we could do to get the boys released, but the cops got angry that I came to meet them again and ordered me to sit on the floor and threatened to shoot me.

“I showed them my ID card but they refused to look at it and one of them went into their vehicle to bring an axe and started beating me with it. I want justice to prevail, because I cannot be treated like an animal. I sustained injuries all over my body as a result of the beating.

An eyewitness, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said, “We were at the bus stop when some members of the Anti-Cultism Unit came and arrested some of our boys and when we asked them what the boys did, they didn’t answer us; so, Alaba Peters approached them but they didn’t answer him and they took those boys away and Alaba Peters went back to meet them, but they brought out an axe from their car and started beating him with it.

“When we also approached the policemen, they started shooting indiscriminately, so we could not do anything and they took the boys away.

Source: https://punchng.com/police-assault-lagos-community-leader-with-axe/

They beat you with axe, or they hit you with axe? These are two different things. Axe is never used for beating but for axing. I don't know when it became a part of the Constitution for policeman to carry axes.

Most of those black uniformed men are thugs. They see their uniform as an instrument of extortion and oppression. They pamper criminals and harrass law abiding citizens. To them, money is everything. When the guilty has money, the innocent will go to jail on his behalf.

The Police Force must cleanse itself of the criminals in uniform. A few well-cultured and professional police officers will do us much good, rather than multitudes of officers filled with unscrupulous elements.

For the said community leader, Justice must be done.

Nigeria will rise again.
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by Hotzone(m): 10:35am On Aug 31, 2020
Average Nigeria citizen is lawless
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 31, 2020
Well well well
What do we have here?

Honestly this anti cultism unit in charlie boy na something else... seriously those people needs training maybe go back to police college/academy...
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by mukthar2000(m): 10:37am On Aug 31, 2020
commissioner of police, pls take note, those Anti cultist police group has become a real cultist, pls they most be fish out b4 their next operations within Lagos old.EKO ONIBAJE
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by grandeoj09(m): 10:42am On Aug 31, 2020
Fighting for Agbero in Lagos , but youth get arrested and assaulted at that Gbagada everyday .

You're a foolish man , tell that story to your community .

Agbero man grin
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by Burgerlomo: 10:42am On Aug 31, 2020
Sabicleaners:
Are Nigeria police; Law enforcement officers or Touts?

Like for Law enforcement officer

Share for Touts

Like for the gentle men and women among them and Share for the miscreants among them.

1 Like

Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 31, 2020
Power is power the human animal hates being challange by less powerful counterpart regardless of who is right or wrong, next time be humble and wait till that point where u can prove a match without quams even if it is to go with them for the moment till you can connect with your own might. rather than relying on am right you are wrong, nature no dey hear that one. how do you feel now begging someone you hardly have his ears to avenge you. stay wise and calculative it is not cowardice at all.
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by AmazingELixir: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2020
grin

Must be the component of the NP that carried out that assault.
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2020
Well well well
What do we have here?

These anti cultism unit for Charlie boy bus stop needs orientation, dey don't actually know what their duty is, if you stay around there you go know...
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by Bahamas95(m): 10:50am On Aug 31, 2020
Once a cultist, always a cultist.

Fvck NPF!

Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by JordanMichael(m): 11:02am On Aug 31, 2020
Anti cultism won't just come all the way from Gbagada and arrest people at Odogunyan without proper tips. The Odogunyan I know too well is a den of CULTISTS & CRIMINALS
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by Paulynez(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
embarassed
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by Paulynez(m): 11:08am On Aug 31, 2020
NtoAkwaIbom:
it always shocks me the level of thuggishness of our police.
here in Uyo, dey just wear black polo, no uniform even, you see people on mufti carrying guns and you start retracing your steps.
all of them have cutlass(SARS) in their car, small thing and they attack you with it. in Nigeria if you ever want to come out the way you meet a police, just accept everything they say and form good boy, until your lawyer arrives, or else, they will impair you for life before help comes.

we will say, its the govt, but our brothers, sisters, husbands, friends are the ones doing these, but we never evangelize them to see reasons to be civil.

Well said!
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by richeeyo(m): 11:16am On Aug 31, 2020
psucc:
You can hardly tell a police officer on duty and a cultist. They carry the same weapons except one is in uniform.

Na poor man dey think say fatness na enjoyment
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by solostar1: 11:26am On Aug 31, 2020
Check the police (SARS) guy name you will see that na Southern man...

That is the reason the North will continue to Lord over the affairs of the nation.

You will rarely or not hear about police brutality of the innocent in the North but down south once the govt give them uniform they will start to intimidate and harass their fellow Southerners
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by manunitedbabes: 11:29am On Aug 31, 2020
shocked shocked shocked Nigerian Police is now acting as a confraternity abi?
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by seanwilliam(m): 11:42am On Aug 31, 2020
Na agbero full police cheesy
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by confusedentity: 11:43am On Aug 31, 2020
aye police man
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by confusedentity: 11:44am On Aug 31, 2020
psucc:

[s]upon all the money, this IG no still add flesh[/s].
typical stupid and useless nigerian
in civilised and developed nations, fat , pot belly etc is seen as unhelathy. but here u idiots see a fat guy or a guy with pot belly as rich. very useless people. may thunder fire u there angry angry angry
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by OmoManU: 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
psucc:

so because is the IG of police he should steal money and add flesh or whatever, you see people like you are the problem of this country, people with very wrong mentalities
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by enazi6710: 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2020
undecided naija police
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by niyidenrele: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2020
psucc:

only God knows what we human want as satisfaction, maybe death... imagine same you people will still complain that he had looted the country dry , that by mere comparing his former body stature to present one , shows he can now boast of " chopping" our national cake, mtchewwww
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by Penkent(m): 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
The so call anti-cultism squad are stationed at Area N Command, they go about in a navy blue van. They operate with cutlass, axe and gun to harass people and they charge btw the range of 20000 to 100000 naira as bill. Let raise our voices against this criminals call police
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by ddeola: 12:37pm On Aug 31, 2020
Lawlessness is number 1 corruption. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Police Attack Alaba Peters, Lagos Community Leader With Axe - Picture by onward4life(m): 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
psucc:

Nooo

Not uniform oooo

But ID card

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Wike Donates 40 Vehicles To Fight Crime In Rivers State (Photos) / Pregnant Woman, Her Son, Boys' Brigade Member, Others Killed In Benue / Man Kills Friend While Testing Bulletproof Charm In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.