Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract (58770 Views)

Qatari Club, Al-Sadd Offers Messi A €1 Billion, 3-Year Contract / Cristiano Ronaldo Calls Messi A 'Bad' Player While Discussing With Mascot (Video / Manchester City Offers Cash And Player In Exchange For Alexis Sanchez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Elxandre(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2020
paulolee:

i say it again MESSI IS THE MOST DECISIVE..if u dnt agree pls name ur man let the stats compare both for the last 4 years and also i want to see the player that you would name that hasn't failed and that isnt easy to mark too......am waiting...
Did you notice how much his goal tally dropped last season?
That's in his perfect system o.

The most decisive is the one who carries his teams out of the most difficult situations.
Messi is not that man anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Gbest90(m): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
paulolee:
that's nice deal on the table but the main problem now is getting him to city without paying such huge fee that barca is demanding for..
would like to see messi in EPL next season and i pray barca agree for a lower fee, with those crazy wages am seeing, i think city are seeing the business aspect of having messi and also the sporting aspect and they seems more serious in thier UCL hunt..
CNT wait to see different EPL managers solving the world hardest football puzzle tagged "HOW TO STOP MESSI"...

U definitely have no passion for ur club
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
Elxandre:

The most decisive is the one who carries his teams out of the most difficult situations.

Yes just like the way Ronaldo carried Juve past Ajax last season and Lyon this season. Ronaldo has proven that he can carry his team in difficult situations by getting knocked out by Ajax and Lyon in 2 consecutive seasons grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by paulolee(m): 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dickeyrider:

No mind the mumu sanchez01. Ronaldo is decisive upfront with goals but got dumped by Ajax and Lyon.

Mr champions league can't even take juve to semi finals in 2 years yet they call him influencial in big games grin
the gee de fckup big time, imagine him bringing up ramos as decisive as messi and watin pain me pass na wen him say benzema was given best player of la liga, he simply dnt kno the difference between voted as best playet and awarded as best player...an online vote dt madrid media organized and benzema won ahead of messi na him de bring up, so if goal.com give lewa best player of the year means lewa don win ballon d or abi?? that sanchez guy reasoning jus too de shallow..

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by oluwaahmed: 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
Messi na small goat, MESSI no be any goat, yet clubs want spend close to a billion pounds on him. Make Penaldo try him luck if dem born am well. Messi is the greatest, see his worth

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Elxandre(m): 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dickeyrider:

Yes just like the way Ronaldo carried Juve past Ajax last season and Lyon this season. Ronaldo has proven that he can carry his team in difficult situations by getting knocked out by Ajax and Lyon in 2 consecutive seasons grin
Don't be silly.

I don't remember mentioning Ronaldo anywhere in my post.
Both players are past their primes.
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
dis guy can't pass 1 season
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by paulolee(m): 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2020
Gbest90:

U definitely have no passion for ur club
naaa...i still have huge passion for barca and a die hard fan of barca bt if they choose to mess up, i cnt join them in thier dancing in dirts bcoz am not a pig...messi have don soo much for barca, he have won countless matches and numerous trophies for barca single handedly, messi is a legend in barca and DO NOT DESERVE SUCH TREATMENT..
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
Elxandre:

Don't be silly.

I don't remember mentioning Ronaldo anywhere in my post.
Both players are past their primes.

Don't try to be clever by half. By your post it was easy to figure you out as a Ronaldo asslicker.
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by paulolee(m): 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
Elxandre:

yes i get ur point, age is not on his side but he is still the man, if the messi i know decides to stops scoring and saves his energy on creating chances and assist for hungry attackers, messi would stll be a success and dts his main reason for failure that last season because the barca squad always expect him to bail them out all the time, they refused to step up, they always want him to create assist and still score....dt was messi in the past...he is ageing and needs more support and dt barca squad kept failing him..
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Gbest90(m): 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
paulolee:

naaa...i still have huge passion for barca and a die hard fan of barca bt if they choose to mess up, i cnt join them in thier dancing in dirts bcoz am not a pig...messi have don soo much for barca, he have won countless matches and numerous trophies for barca single handedly, messi is a legend in barca and DO NOT DESERVE SUCH TREATMENT..

Every club has their down time. And the ability to stand by your club during such times is what makes you a DIE HARD FAN.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
Elxandre:
I have a feeling this is Sanchez 2.0

It's not about the talent. Sanchez had it too at his prime. cool
But they're not in the same level bro, in terms of abilties and experience.
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Tremple8v: 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2020
Just one season Jersey sale go cover the money.
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by paulolee(m): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2020
Gbest90:

Every club has their down time. And the ability to stand by your club during such times is what makes you a DIE HARD FAN.

yeah am still a barca fan bt the second choice is messi fc bt u dnt expect me to support those bunch of ingrates called barca boards na...NEVA

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Temysteve(m): 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dalil8:
Massive risk for the club, paying too much for a 33yr old.

money is not our problem, we get am plenty. CTID!!!
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Temysteve(m): 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Beverlyjean:
750 m for a playerthst has passed his prime and that has probably 3yrs left ...he is 33 ...waste of money

Modified

Y'all quoting me should understand the effect of financials due to the pandemic.... if messi drops below expectation which is possible, sponsors will drop out ...sanchez is an example...u cant b too sure for a player that is playing outside nou camp for the first time in his career at an old age of 33... New environment, new food and weather ... it might take him a couple of years to fit in of which he will b heading to 36 by then...it is a very foolish move ....no football player is worth that deal ..
Comparing Messi to Sanchez, ar u normal like dis
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Rockingsonman: 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
Will star striker and city's goal machine all these years, Sergio Aguero give up his No.10 shirt willingly?
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Gbest90(m): 3:37pm On Aug 31, 2020
paulolee:

yeah am still a barca fan bt the second choice is messi fc bt u dnt expect me to support those bunch of ingrates called barca boards na...NEVA

Being a fan to a player is only temporary. Their time will fade away one day.

What then happens to you as a Messi fan when he finally hangs those boots.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Bhol28: 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2020
Barca waiting to collect there own almost 700m,they have to pay that first.
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dalil8:

Merch and sponsorships...
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by fashrola(m): 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dalil8:

They ain't risking anything here..... This is pure business, Do you know how much Manchester City will earn in Jersey Sales (Merchandise)? Ticket Sales (Because the stadium will be filled with spectators all over Europe)

They aint buying him to score goals bro......... Just like Ronaldo moving to Juventus, Their revenue shoot-up to all time high
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by fashrola(m): 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2020
Rockingsonman:

Will star striker and city's goal machine all these years, Sergio Aguero give up his No.10 shirt willingly?

He has already removed No. 10 from his Instagram and Twitter account
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Kingbuhari(m): 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2020
Beverlyjean:
750 m for a playerthst has passed his prime and that has probably 3yrs left ...he is 33 ...waste of money

Modified

Y'all quoting me should understand the effect of financials due to the pandemic.... if messi drops below expectation which is possible, sponsors will drop out ...sanchez is an example...u cant b too sure for a player that is playing outside nou camp for the first time in his career at an old age of 33... New environment, new food and weather ... it might take him a couple of years to fit in of which he will b heading to 36 by then...it is a very foolish move ....no football player is worth that deal ..
since CR7 is still there actively he won't drop down , both of them need each other to be active, unless CR7 quit from soccer then shall Messi hang his boot and drop from the fiestas... They are arguable the gods of soccer they motivate each other, don't be suprise if any of them bang world best next season
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Deepthoughts: 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
WriterNig:

Manchester City are reported to have offered Lionel Messi close to €1m per week (£850,000) over the course of a five-year contract, which would see the six-time Ballon d'Or winner earn €500m (£445m) in total including bonuses

That's not all, either. An extra €250m (£223m) bonus would be given to Messi at the three-year mark, taking the total valuation of the five-year contract to a cool €750m (£669m) on City's end.

SPORT claim that, in order to side-step Financial Fair Play rules, the €250m signing on bonus would be paid out on the third year to mark the move to New York, rather than up front.

The Barcelona captain's relationship with the club broke down further this weekend after he failed to show up for pre-season medical testing, and it is beginning to seem like the situation has reached the point of no return. Barcelona, as we know, are determined to hold onto their talisman, but he is prepared to fight them all the way to secure an exit.

If he does leave this summer then City are the firm favourites to be his next destination. His relationship with manager Pep Guardiola gives them the edge over the small handful of clubs who have the financial might to make a deal happen.

With reports rife that City have already agreed a contract offer with the Argentine, SPORT have shed some light on what has been agreed between the two parties. It's said that Messi will sign a five-year contract with the City football group, and would spend three seasons with the Manchester Club, before moving to MLS - at which point he would be 36 - to end his career with New York City.

How much will he be earning? Well..

An offer of a reported €100m per season pre-tax is under consideration by Messi's representatives, which would see him earn just under €1m per week after tax. That's said to more or less match what he is currently on at Barcelona, and would make him comfortably the Premier League's top-paid player.

On the other hand, you really wouldn't want to be the contract negotiator responsible for mitigating the knock-on effects on City's wage structure in the years ahead.

https://www.90min.com/posts/manchester-city-insane-contract-offer-lionel-messi
Is this not sheer madness and stupidity!, well Bayern Munich are still in existence,when man city fall to another hammering the ensuing commotion will clear their folly.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Brazzaville(m): 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
Seeth thou a man diligent in his doings, he shall stand before Kings and not ************

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Uzomacharles: 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
Messi Is The KING....

Note: If You Think That Premier League Don't Know What They Are Doing In Terms Of Signing Messi So As To Get Viewers/Followers/And Get More Revenue Then You Need To Think Twice.....

EPL itself will not allow them sign any player with that amount but they will Allow it in Messi case cos Many FANS from La Liga Will Come To EPL and same FANS will Buy More Tickets And Messi Jersey so THINK TWICE.........

E be like I go join Two Club now Chelsea And Manchester City
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by mastermaestro(m): 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2020
Elxandre:

He isn't the most decisive player in Europe!

He has failed in the biggest matches for the past 4 years.
That's not decisive.

He's still a serious playmaking force but he doesn't have the legs to decide matches solely anymore.
Have you noticed how easily he gets marked out of intense games?

Why are you weeping so hard? Don't let envy kill you o. I wish you would expend more energy pursuing your goals in life instead of cry foul over a man whose one leg has brought him enormous success and fame. undecided undecided
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Nonybb: 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Modified

YOU HAVE OSHODI MENTALITY. THEY'RE NOT SIGNING HIM PRIMARILY FOR GOAL SCORING BUT ADVERTISEMENT AND JERSEY SELLS. MESSI IS WORTH BILLIONS
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by mastermaestro(m): 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2020
Brazzaville:
Seeth thou a man diligent in his doings, he shall stand before Kings and not ************

Make it louder, master! grin grin People are arguing nonsense. My own focus is how much a single foot is earning for someone. grin grin I am drawing inspiration, not engaging in stupid arguments.
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Olubunmiseyi: 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
shocked

Call or Whatsapp Olubunmi toh gbayi on 08035460474 Pure Natural Honey and is avaliable in difference sizes 75cl, 5 liters, 10 liters and 20 liters.
Re: Manchester City Offers Messi A Bumper €750m - 5 Years Contract by Benmob: 4:22pm On Aug 31, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Imagine comparing Sanchez to Messi... You should be locked up for Blasphemy.
shocked shocked grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kanu Reacts To Osaze's Allegation Against His Wife, Amara (video) / Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) / Prophetess Esther Ajayi Meets Ronaldinho In Dubai (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.