Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) (40332 Views)

Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital / Another Conjoined Twins Separated In ATBUTH Bauchi (Graphic Pics) / Conjoined Twins Separated At FMC Yola: New Look (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by IamHeWrites: 9:57am On Aug 31, 2020
Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m From Deputy Gov, Ewhrudjakpo For Upkeep (Photo)

The sum of N1 million has been donated by the Bayelsa State Deputy Governor Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo for the upkeep of Grace and Mercy Ayebaiyeni, the seperated conjoined twins, Igbere TV reports.

While receiving them at the state’s airport yesterday, Bayelsa deputy governor disclosed that the N1m was his contribution to their upkeep pending a reception by Governor Duoye Diri.

Ewhrudjakpo said Grace and Mercy were the first to be successfully separated in Southsouth.

Ewhrudjakpo promised to cater for the upkeep and total education of Mercy, who shares a name with his mother and wife.

Speaking on the development, the Chief Medical Director of Federal Medical Centre (FMC) at Yenagoa, Dr Dennis Alagoa said the surgery was performed at FMC at Yola in Adamawa State.

He said paediatric surgeons and health experts from both centres collaborated to achieve the feat, while Nigerian Air Force provided logistics for travel.

“Grace and Mercy were delivered through Caesarean Section on December 12, 2019, at the General Hospital, Nembe, Bayelsa, and subsequently referred to us at the FMC in Yenagoa. The twins were successfully separated on August 10, 2020.

“They were cared for at the Special Baby Care Unit and they were joined at the stomach in the liver. We evaluated the situation and in the best interest of the babies opted to collaborate with FMC Yola where a successful surgery was conducted. Our surgeons and the lead surgeon at FMC in Yola carried out the task.

“…surgery lasted for less than three hours and recovery was fast and smooth. By the next day, they were already eating.

“We hail the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, for his intervention by providing the aircraft and logistics for medical evacuation of the babies, their parents and medical team.

“…surgery running into several millions was done free, in addition to the welfare of everyone involved in the process.”

Lead surgeon, Prof. Auwal Mohammed Abubakar stated that the twins shared one liver before they were separated.

Igbere TV reports that Chief Medical Director of Federal Medical Centre at Yola, Abubakar said Grace and Mercy did not share any other organ besides liver.

He said the nature of their joining made surgery easier, with the lesser time of three hours.

Prof. Abubakar has separated five conjoined twins – two at University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital and three at Federal Medical Centre in Yola.

The children’s mother, Ayebaekipreye Ebinyefa, thanked the hospitals for the surgery.

According to her, the successful operation saved her from being ridiculed and tagged a witch.

“While the operation lasted, I was scared and praying for its success. Before we went for the operation in Yola, I received insults and was tagged a witch. Some said the children came out conjoined because of my stubbornness and witchcraft.

“While the operation was on, I prayed fervently because I could not receive such wicked names and lose the children. I had faith in God and told Him to take control. I appreciate our benefactor, Gabriel Jonah. He was the God-sent used to save me from death because without his intervention during delivery, we would have been killed.

“He took us from Nembe to Yenagoa and eventually connected everyone involved with this surgery. In the last eight months, he has fed us and taken care of us…”

https://igberetvnews.com/1363114/separated-conjoined-twins-arrive-bayelsa-get-n1m-deputy-gov-ewhrudjakpo-upkeep/

15 Likes

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by GudluckIBB(m): 9:58am On Aug 31, 2020
Great Feat

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by majamajic(m): 10:03am On Aug 31, 2020
Wow , nice

2 Likes

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by ggirl4real: 10:14am On Aug 31, 2020
I wanted to confirm if the surgery was done in Nigeria. Lo and behold, it was.

This is good news.

Please let's do all we can to make this nation worth loving.

Do the right thing in your chosen profession.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by TheSERAPH: 10:17am On Aug 31, 2020
May God be with them and uphold them, death will not take them away from their parent

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by DoubleEngine007: 12:16pm On Aug 31, 2020
Nice one.. God bless the Giver and the Receiver..

6 Likes

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by Zletan124: 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
cool
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by laosy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
Very good.
Na to invest half of the money cuz the money might seems huge at first but it's nothing given the inflated economy.

8 Likes

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
Thank You God

4 Likes

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by aminusodiq(m): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
Nice gesture grin

iDraw kindly check my siggy

6 Likes

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by Kestolove(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
D man sperm no dey healthy dats y...use d 1m eat well to avoid it next time

1 Like

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by Lamasta(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
Good news God bless the twins...

1 Like

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by jericco1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
They shouldn't spend it all in one place
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by BIZNess123(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
Wow nice one from.. The deputy governor
Surgery done in less about 3hrs wow..
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by DianaDis: 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
We thank God
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by DropsMic(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
That's very good
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by Abusadiq01(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
E make sense

1 Like

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by janedonez(m): 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
Congratulations to them
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by ipobarethieves: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
cool
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by atobs4real(m): 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
omo ti mu blessing wa latorun. Good one, .ore to come. gbayi
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by Amspecial: 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
grin
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by Chevrolet076(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
TheSERAPH:
May God be with them and uphold them, death will take them away from their parent

aaaahhhhhhh......!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

what did you just say....??
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by IMASTEX: 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2020
Thanks to God
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by MrFixIt007: 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2020
I was thinking Bayelsa was Governor Free for the now. Issokay.
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by Larryhoover(m): 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2020
I salute the guy Gabriel Jonah. He is the selfless individual here for providing the relevant information to the family to conduct the operation. Unlike some people in this world, they will have the information to someone's problem but they ll prefer to see the person suffer than be relieved while forgetting the world is big enough for everyone to be successful.

2 Likes

Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by goldensoul55: 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2020
1M is not enough they should give them more money from the treasury
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by money121(m): 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2020
Ok
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by chrizzyace: 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2020
TheSERAPH:
May God be with them and uphold them, death will take them away from their parent

Please modify oo WILL NOT
Re: Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) by perpeling22(f): 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2020
TheSERAPH:
[b][/

I want to believe that the last part of your comment was a typographical errors

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U.S. Records First Case Of Ebola / Indian Woman Suffocates After Being Buried Alive In Cow Dung For Snake Bite(Pics / 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.