Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) (55139 Views)

Photos From Herbert Wigwe's Crash Site In The US / What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by sofiscatedmoron: 6:06am On Sep 01, 2020
Give sanwo olu a second term already
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Larrykaysail(m): 6:12am On Sep 01, 2020
Iamdemola:

grin
Insurance will pay if the house is insured sha, but I doubt the house is insured.
they need to pay even if the house is not insured. The company policy should cover 3rd party property damage . Or take them to court

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Arotemi: 6:14am On Sep 01, 2020
Xisnin:

That is not how insurance work.
They don't cover every damages, they cover the
specific ones covered by the specific policy.

If there is any insurance at all, it will be life insurance for the pilot
and maybe another on the crashed helicopter.
oga if you don't know how insurance works, you ask questions. "Ordinary"3rd party motor insurance on vehicle cover damages to properties and loss of lives.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Ade3131: 6:23am On Sep 01, 2020
Iamdemola:

grin
Insurance will pay if the house is insured sha, but I doubt the house is insured.

Insurance won't pay Kobo. The state governor has already indemnify the loss and insurance concept is based on returning the insured to the state he/she was before the loss. They don't expect you to profit from your loss. So they can't be double indemnification of loss... One from the government and another from insurance company unless the government is compensating them half of the loss then the property owner can claim for the reminder from insurance.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by fr3do(m): 6:49am On Sep 01, 2020
Iamdemola:

grin

3rd party liability ish

If I'm insured and I cause harm to you, my insurer will alleviate your pain.
The carrier is certainly insured.

Or in saner climes if that doesn't happen you can sue me for damages suffered.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by fr3do(m): 6:53am On Sep 01, 2020
Ade3131:

Insurance won't pay Kobo. The state governor has already indemnify the loss and insurance concept is based on returning the insured to the state he/she was before the loss. They don't expect you to profit from your loss. So they can't be double indemnification of loss... One from the government and another from insurance company unless the government is compensating them half of the loss then the property owner can claim for the reminder from insurance.

If the govt is fully indemnifying the loss, the govt can consider the doctrine of subrogation and seek reimbursement from the insurer.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by TheArrowhead(m): 6:57am On Sep 01, 2020
That's rather fast for a govt. Impressive!!
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by BabaRamota1980: 7:12am On Sep 01, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Kudos to Sanwo-Olu
Please dont say that.
When dangote trucks crash into buildings and demolish them does LASG repair the buildings?
When danfo fail break and demolish people fence and property does LASG repair the damage?

Why is LASG repairing property damaged by helicopter, what is justification?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by BabaRamota1980: 7:14am On Sep 01, 2020
fr3do:

If the govt is fully indemnifying the loss, the govt can consider the doctrine of subrogation and seek reimbursement from the insurer.

Its not govt's job to intervene, they were not party in the contract.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Chudivictor(m): 7:16am On Sep 01, 2020
hope something is being done so such occurrence won't happen again
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by BabaRamota1980: 7:16am On Sep 01, 2020
Ade3131:

The helicopter company can then file a complaint at the Arbitration Court against insurance.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by litathom(m): 7:27am On Sep 01, 2020
I hope they settle the ominile's. You no dey don't have work, they depend on owo wà dã to survive
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 01, 2020
Lucky for her she is of the westside extraction, if it were an Igbo Amaka landlady they will say her witchcraft caused the crash and evict her speedily.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Openbusiness: 7:37am On Sep 01, 2020
Even though I disagree with some LASG policies, I must also confess that Sanwo Olu is a good man with a good heart. As a government, I might not agree 100% with LASG, but on a personal level I like Sanwo Olu. May God continue to bless him. He has a genuinely good heart, not like those politicians that do eye service
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Ade3131: 7:42am On Sep 01, 2020
fr3do:

Exactly!
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Openbusiness: 7:43am On Sep 01, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

It is Govt job to intervene because they are a party to those that gave that helicopter licence and authorization to fly. A good Govt must run its governance affairs with a good conscience.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Ade3131: 7:45am On Sep 01, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

The helicopter company can then file a complaint at the Arbitration Court against insurance.

On what basis plz?

I meant no harm sir. Just asking to improve my knowledge.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 01, 2020
All this hullabaloo for a fence portion that's less than 10 metres?

Radarada.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by d33types: 8:03am On Sep 01, 2020
beloved961:
What about the integrity testing....Abi na audio undecided

What integrity testing? For a building that was damaged by impact and not by fire or flooding?

Are you guys just daft for the sake of it?
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by d33types: 8:04am On Sep 01, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
Sanwo Olu should have demolished the building then reconstruct it to suit the owners taste if he really wants to help and compensate

What is this one all these hard labourers are doing undecided undecided

How stupid can you get!. Goosh.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by d33types: 8:08am On Sep 01, 2020
edrys:

You took it straight out of my mind. Every damages/loss caused as a result of that crash, should be borne by the insurance company that is insuring the helicopter.

You know how long the insurance company will take before attending to claims in Nigeria? >6 months.

Most people don't wait for these insurance policy to come though . They rather do it themselves because of the wasting of time as well as the back and forth paperwork intricacies.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Passionate888: 8:08am On Sep 01, 2020
Iamdemola:

grin
Insurers will still find fault, they'll be like 'the building wasn't insured against helicopter crash'.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by d33types: 8:11am On Sep 01, 2020
anonimi:

All these could have been avoided if the metroplois had a metro/light rail, which Fashola promised would be running since June 2013.
More than seven years ago.
Over 36 years since Barawo Bubu cancelled Jakande's metro for multi-million dollars in breach of contract penalties, still no mass transit for the mega city.
Na curse abi na JagaBandit don swallow all the money?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/941712_light_rail_jpgd0868a4d9dc89ee8923888cbdf924edf

That we are government critics doesn't mean we shouldn't use our heads. What has the light rail got to do with this?
The helicopter was enroute Lagos from Port Harcourt, not Lagos to Lagos
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by d33types: 8:14am On Sep 01, 2020
andyanders:

Exactly. He should have rebuilt the said building than what they are doing.

Looks like they picked cheap street labour in doing the job. The impact must have affected the foundation of that building.

Compensation should be given to that elderly woman.

No o. The impact also affected the foundations of the nearby buildings as well, so Sanwo Olu needs to rebuild all the structures around the vicinity.

Since we all want to be thinking like goats.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by Akporhono4u(m): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
Sanwo Olu should have demolished the building then reconstruct it to suit the owners taste if he really wants to help and compensate

What is this one all these hard labourers are doing undecided undecided

Person mouth dey smell here
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by woleabayo(f): 9:24am On Sep 01, 2020
but this workman's are not save no crash helmet, safety jacket,booths and other safety wears kudos to sanwo
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by fr3do(m): 9:28am On Sep 01, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

The govt is not party to the contract, is a fair argument

Whether it's not the govt's job to intervene and seek reimbursement is what is doubtful.
Re: Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) by fashrola(m): 9:31am On Sep 01, 2020
edrys:

You took it straight out of my mind. Every damages/loss caused as a result of that crash, should be borne by the insurance company that is insuring the helicopter.
I swear down..... Thats why insurance companies in Nigeria keeps taking us for a ride in this country (because we dont know our right)

Do you know your third part Motor insurance covers he Insurance cover for damage or losses to the property of a third party to a tune of N1m? Yet we are ignorance about it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna On Total Lockdown (Photos) / Trailer Loses Control, Crushes A Bus Along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Graphic Pics / Money-Laden Bullion Van Crashes In Abuja While Speeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.