Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) (51652 Views)

Ariel View Of Ibadan Explosion before and after(picture) / Pictures And Video From The Ibadan Explosion / Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Ovokoo: 9:59am On Jan 19
I went to the estate where the explosion occurred in Ibadan Oyo state and it seemed like a tourist center as the whole of Ibadan came there to see what was happening. As some people were leaving, more people were coming.

I and many others tried to go into the compound where the explosion happened but the area was cordoned off by security agencies.

However, i managed to see the destruction within the estate as cars and houses in the area were affected.

Watch the Video of my Visit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPbGJmXXdM

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Goodmarlian: 10:11am On Jan 19
this bomb go far gan!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Ovokoo: 11:06am On Jan 19
Goodmarlian:
this bomb go far gan!
It travelled really far

22 Likes

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Blessedarethepe(m): 12:47pm On Jan 19
I am still surprised they are announcing only few people died.......with the level of destruction I'm seeing, I have a doubt

191 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Ozommadu: 1:37pm On Jan 19
I wonder what miners are mining in a high brow area in oyo state

Something is fishy and Oyo state govt is doing something fishy

130 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Kevineleven(m): 1:44pm On Jan 19
Blessedarethepe:
I am still surprised they are announcing only few people died.......with the level of destruction I'm seeing, I have a doubt
It most have blown people into Smithereens

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by fidelmarshal199: 1:50pm On Jan 19
Even the vintage Mercedes benz wasn't spared šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:55pm On Jan 19
The place looks like Gaza.

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Blessedarethepe(m): 2:03pm On Jan 19
Kevineleven:

It most have blown people into Smithereens
grin shocked

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by SureboiOG: 2:07pm On Jan 19
Ibadan, for my backyard? Abeg make una no carry war come Yoruba land o. My Japa money never complete o
sad

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by jumper524(m): 2:33pm On Jan 19
Blessedarethepe:
if you have nothing tangible to give to the deceased family, please be optimistic that the number should be fewer, i dont think any sane person gains anything if the number is higher, only ediots.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Kafirbigot: 2:42pm On Jan 19
Terrorist have bombed IBADAN... They are still denying the obvious. grin

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Blitzking: 2:56pm On Jan 19
AKWATGOLD1:
The place looks like Gaza.
I dey tell one guy on this platform somedays ago he just dey misyarn turn am to tribal something

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Addme: 3:02pm On Jan 19
Ozommadu:

They aren't mining anything there. The miners live in there and stored dynamite(which they use in their site)in different rooms. Not as if the place is a mining site. It's a residential area.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by muller101(m): 3:11pm On Jan 19
Ozommadu:

Explosives were kept there. No mining is going on there. I wonder how some of you reason.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by RepoMan007: 3:12pm On Jan 19
Ozommadu:

they kept mine blast materials there. They are not doing it on that spot but keeping their precious explosives there.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Blessedarethepe(m): 3:28pm On Jan 19
jumper524:
if you have nothing tangible to give to the deceased family, please be optimistic that the number should be fewer, i dont think any sane person gains anything if the number is higher, only ediots.
They should just let us know the real situation sir.........They shouldn't try to underplay what happened.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Iceberg3: 3:35pm On Jan 19
Abeg which miners are they talking about and what are they mining that there had to be an explosion?

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Goodnewsforlife: 3:36pm On Jan 19
One problem I have with fellow Nigerians n y I donā€™t pity people when shit happens is because we are too intellectually lazy n always looking for who to blame

It has been established beyond reasonable doubt that they are miners who have been staying there since 2013 n they arenā€™t terrorist or Fulani herdsmen

But some dumbfolks want us to believe they are terrorist by force, by doing this it means the real culprits will also join us in blaming d fulanis so as to cover up their track

Nigerians should b asking questions as regards this event cos it has been established that these people have another dynamite warehouse around orogun in Ibadan

But those dumb folks donā€™t care about how we will unravel that n avert another tragedy in d making

By this time I expect us to pressurize the governor so he will find that warehouse at orogun n other places they have it

But those fools are just shouting ā€œitā€™s bombā€ ā€œitā€™s Fulaniā€ n after that we go back home till another one explodes

I am not making a case for Fulani herdsmen but the reality all Nigerians have to accept is that there are criminals in all tribe n if we keep looking for d easiest route out by always shouting fulanis herdsmen, even people around us will commit crime n we will keep shouting fulanis n they will keep doing it cos they already have a way out due to our lack of intelligence

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Cassandraloius: 3:37pm On Jan 19
Hmmmm...
Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Goodnewsforlife: 3:37pm On Jan 19
Ozommadu:

how many time will they tell u people that they donā€™t mine in that location of explosion, they only keep their dynamite there n take it to where they mine when the need arises

I think this is straightforward now

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Goodnewsforlife: 3:37pm On Jan 19
Kafirbigot:
Terrorist have bombed IBADAN... They are still denying the obvious. grin
many dumb folks like u are just annoying, even after they have made it clear that they are miners n they kept their dynamite there n they even had CAC registration

Shekau or Simon Ekpa wey dey bomb get CAC registration n federal government approval?

Like seriously teachers dey try cos I canā€™t just imagine u been a student

NBā€¦..I realize many of those shouting bomb are doing it so as to mock the south west, I realize they are looking for partners in agony

Cos their region is riddled by terrorist they want to pin the narrative of bomb on us so they can say we are the same

Imagine what this one have to say

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by adioolayi(m): 3:38pm On Jan 19
Wetin you see o

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by datola: 3:39pm On Jan 19
Those so called foreigners, are they related to Boko people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Iceberg3: 3:39pm On Jan 19

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by lexy2014: 3:40pm On Jan 19
Goodmarlian:
this bomb go far gan!

thats why its a bomb
Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by tonicyril: 3:40pm On Jan 19
Ozommadu:

did u hear what the OYSG said or u just want to be d**b...

Someone unknown from the federal level(ministry of mineral resources) gave them the approval to mine without the oysg knowing, and even when they got to realise, they always show them the approval stamp.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by CHIOMAEZEH: 3:41pm On Jan 19
Hmmm.....we still don't know what truly happened in Ibadan ..... Let's hope it's the last of such cases we hear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnlZj1GAXAs
Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by Angelfrost(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19
RepoMan007:
they kept mine blast materials there. They are not doing it on that spot but keeping their precious explosives there.

That is the definition of TERRORISM!

The security lapses in this country are beyond shocking... They are abnormal!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by humberjade: 3:42pm On Jan 19
SureboiOG:
Ibadan, for my backyard? Abeg make una no carry war come Yoruba land o. My Japa money never complete o
sad

Very funny, because the same Western world wey you wan japa come is daily edging closer to WWIII. I want to believe this incident was an isolated case, and i hope the people behind it are indeed as the govt said, so I doubt there will be a reoccurrence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) by allthingsgood: 3:42pm On Jan 19
smh

The Oyo State government is now trying to solely blame Federal Government for lapses in regulation when they are part and parsel of the illegal mining. State government officials regularly collecting multiple taxes and unreceipted "egunje" from illegal miners. But now that the whole thing don bust they are forming innocent.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trucks Collide With Bus In Lagos. 2 Women Killed, Six Injured (Disturbing Pix) / The Beauty Of Ilorin International Airport, Kwara (photo) / Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.