Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache (680 Views)

Help Armed Robbers Stole Our Car / navigate nigerians road with our Car GPS Navigator.. / Our Car Prices List @ Www.largemanmotors..com - 08098508092 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache by afrobaby(f): 10:25am On Feb 21, 2011
Hello auto gurus, my Fiance uses a rover, the problem we are currently experiencing are so much that at times I feel he should jut buy another car. The most pressing of the problem is that whenever we put on the AC in the car, the temperature level begins to rise and start overheating.
Please, what solution would u profer
Thanks
Re: Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache by afrobaby(f): 2:28pm On Mar 04, 2011
na wa o, not even one response
Re: Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache by satani22: 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2011
call this guy mike My mechanic in oyingbo ebute metta. I use rover 620si. he worked on my car. copy the num asap as i will delete soon.
Re: Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache by afrobaby(f): 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2011
U guys use the same model, rover 620Si,
Is this ur mechanic really good?
thx
Re: Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache by satani22: 4:48pm On Mar 04, 2011
afrobaby:

U guys use the same model, rover 620Si,
Is this your mechanic really good?
thx
nawa for naija feeple. I tried helping, u still neva satify. Kall am first. ok?
Re: Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache by afrobaby(f): 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2011
@satani, na wa for u too self, why is it that it is guys that get easily pissed off lately, u offered to help and gave me a number, u didnt tell me how competent the person is, is asking a problem? haa, okurin naija, o ga fun yin o
Re: Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2011
satani22:

nawa for naija feeple. I tried helping, u still neva satify. Kall am first. ok?

Bro, take it easy, her question is very valid, given Nigerian "mechanics".
 wink

afrobaby:

Hello auto gurus, my Fiance uses a rover, the problem we are currently experiencing are so much that at times I feel he should jut buy another car. The most pressing of the problem is that whenever we put on the AC in the car, the temperature level begins to rise and start overheating.
Please, what solution would u profer
Thanks

And you sister, next time you place an enquiry, at least give the full details of the car. Until Satani responded, no one had any idea what model of Rover your fiance had. Engine size will help too.

From the little details you've provided, sounds like either a fan issue, (not switching on with aircon activated) thermostat stuck in closed position, or a partially blocked radiator.

Rover's do suffer with head gasket issues, though this is usually common to models fitted with the Rover K-series engines. All petrol engines fitted to the 600 series (1,8 - 2,0 16V) are the excellent Honda units, as fitted to Accords, the only exception is the turbocharged 2,0 16V, which was another Rover engine (O-series).

What has your mechanic tried so far?
Re: Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache by afrobaby(f): 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2011
@Sienna, no mind me jare, u know some of us ladies don't really know enough abt cars except to be driven around, the car is rover 620Si,
The prob is my fiance actually bought it from a lawyer, and the man introduced his mechanic to my fiance and dat is the person he's been using. My fiance is a kind of guy that whenever he notice anything in the car, he will call d mechanic but no matter what, every now and then, dia is always one thing or the other that the mechanic will fix for him. Even at times, after "general servicing", my guy still see some issues, I guess the mechanic is just using my guy and collecting the little penny we have, even at times, he will just call my fiance and ask if he can come pick the car and see anything to fix, funny huh?
Concerning the ac & overheating, the last time he serviced the car, he said he has resolved it but to our greatest surprise, it started again
Please what do u advise
Re: Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache by kidsam: 5:37pm On Mar 04, 2011
hey madam someone has already given you a mechanic to try. Try that first. it is obvious there is something wrong with the vehicle cooling system.
The time it takes you to come back here to post and keep asking questions don't you think the vehicle will be getting worse?
Re: Please Our Car Is Giving Us Headache by satani22: 5:46pm On Mar 04, 2011
Siena:

Bro, take it easy, her question is very valid, given Nigerian "mechanics".
 wink

the english i used suggested me just joking with her and not angry. thought u would have grabbed that. seems that wasnt understood by yourself and eluded u.

@afrobaby. feel your concern. But 'man pass man'  there are quack mechanics and there are professional mechanics. Me get them pro rewire/ mechanic for that ebute metta wellu well. Since from myself and my peep na so we like Honda and they use am from 2010 to 92 model. ok? No matter any advice anyone give u online, none of us will come fix ur car for you but only advise. Me don try. odabo (bye bye)

(1) (Reply)

New Panda Car / Used Honda Accord 2008 Model For Sale / Super Mint Tokumbo 2008 Mercedes E 550

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.