Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Lawmaker Begs Secondus To Reverse Senate Bye-election Disqualification - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmaker Begs Secondus To Reverse Senate Bye-election Disqualification (523 Views)

Secondus To Wike: I Have Never Gotten Any Contract From Rivers Govt / Pressure Mounts On Secondus To Resign / Bayelsa Election: Timi Frank Congratulates Lyon, Urges Secondus To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawmaker Begs Secondus To Reverse Senate Bye-election Disqualification by mrakeli62: 5:30am On Sep 01, 2020
The member representing Ogoja/Yala Federal Constituency of Cross River State in the House of Representatives, Hon. Jarigbe Agom Jarigbe has appealed to the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to reverse his disqualification to contest the party’s primary for the Cross River North senatorial bye-election.

In a petition he submitted at the PDP national secretariat in Abuja on Monday, he appealed to the party boss to use his office “to redress and reverse the politically motivated injustice done to me after my clearance.”

He said he had complied with the party guidelines in the purchase of nomination and expression of interest forms and had been duly screened, cleared by the party’s screening committee for the election and consequently, issued a clearance certificate.
He said: “Strangely, however, the appeal panel, ostensibly acting on a script claimed to have received a petition from one Pius Awah and on that basis purportedly disqualified me from contesting the primary election.

“May I quickly add that the ground of my purported disqualification is not only absurd but also a gross violation of both the party’s constitution and the guidelines for the conduct of the primary election and a decision taken in bad faith against me.”

He pointed out that whereas going by the party’s constitution, only an aggrieved aspirant can write a petition to the appeal panel, the person that wrote against him was not an aspirant and thus, has no competence to complain about him.

Jarigbe urged the party National Chairman to uphold his clearance by the screening committee, reject and reverse “the malicious, contrived and ultra vires” appeal panel report and to direct the panel to retract the alleged defamation of his person.

https://www.akelicious.net/lawmaker-begs-secondus-to-reverse-senate-bye-election-disqualification/

Re: Lawmaker Begs Secondus To Reverse Senate Bye-election Disqualification by Brandstudio01: 5:32am On Sep 01, 2020
Wow
I'm so proud being a Nigerian because these guys as my leader. From top to bottom. I can ask for more
Re: Lawmaker Begs Secondus To Reverse Senate Bye-election Disqualification by PrinceOfEast(m): 5:36am On Sep 01, 2020
Have you ever booked a space, went back to read the Op's post and found out that you have nothing to sayundecided

That's me right now.

Re: Lawmaker Begs Secondus To Reverse Senate Bye-election Disqualification by PrinceOfEast(m): 5:44am On Sep 01, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Wow
I'm so proud being a Nigerian because these guys as my leader. From top to bottom. I can ask for more

Re: Lawmaker Begs Secondus To Reverse Senate Bye-election Disqualification by LawLab247: 6:01am On Sep 01, 2020
Ok
Re: Lawmaker Begs Secondus To Reverse Senate Bye-election Disqualification by Pollosa1: 6:03am On Sep 01, 2020
Why are they begging for there preferred candidate
Re: Lawmaker Begs Secondus To Reverse Senate Bye-election Disqualification by helinues: 6:08am On Sep 01, 2020
My landlord must read this news..

So so sweet
Re: Lawmaker Begs Secondus To Reverse Senate Bye-election Disqualification by bkool7(m): 6:39am On Sep 01, 2020
Are you sure the man that wrote the petition was not acting a script from PDP top executives?

These people are tax collectors. They must have collected money from a particular candidate and this is just an attempt to make sure their preferred candidate come out clean

(1) (Reply)

How To Follow Live Results Of Edo Elections On INEC New Results Portal / We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps / Rash Reactions Trail Yakubu's Reappointment Bid As INEC Board Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.