Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers (26284 Views)

Suggestions: What Would Be The Minimum Hourly Pay Rate For The Nigerian Workers? / Chinese Employers Sack Nigerian Employees Over Refusal To Practice Buddhism / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by bolaayenimo: 8:14am On Sep 01, 2020
See what lack of reading has turned your life Into?

CodeTemplar:
Is FG part of MultiChoice management? Fake news.

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by ahiboilandgas: 8:14am On Sep 01, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Yet, you have severally criticised people that want out of this shit hole.
why will i do that with over 4.5m people apply for 30k ...am.talking persons doing well in Nigeria or have good prospects ( whom are the targets of develop Nation )...
Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by droidview: 8:18am On Sep 01, 2020
I thought multichoice is a private company.Can gov make decision for it? pls enlighten me on this.

I can convert your website into android app webview and upload it on playstore for 8500 naira promo price.

Benefits:

1. Gives your website more exposure if on playstore.

2. You could decide to earn via admob ads on the app.

I can also teach you this skill for 4 days online at 11,500 naira.

See more details:

https://www.nairaland.com/6088214/convert-website-into-android-app

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by babatee1985(m): 8:19am On Sep 01, 2020
Shut the Bleep up F.G! You don't want them to lay off staff but you idiots laid off 500k npower beneficiaries under you. Etiya werey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by od501: 8:19am On Sep 01, 2020
sinkhole:
If I have my way, I will make sure that their capital base and the minimum number of Nigerians they must employ increased coupled with the fact that nobody must be underpaid or maltreated in any form. If they can't cope, they should leave!

My bro...that's cooperate tyranny, that is not recommended in a capitalist economic system. We have more to loss if they should leave. If I will recommend a sponsored competition, let them support strong competitions like TSTV and watch the suppose sack issue suffer a natural death.
Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by LaReinaa(f): 8:20am On Sep 01, 2020
This one na initial gra gra..
They still sack who they want to sack and still increase the subscription and nothing will happen.. after all, the so called Government officials ain’t paying a single dime for the services, they’ll enjoying free subscription and free everything in this country!

On a more serious note, instead of the useless government trying to interfere in everyone’s business, why can’t then try and stabilize the economy and fix this damn country sad

2 Likes

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by sunnyside16(m): 8:21am On Sep 01, 2020
The venture of Hi-tv years back does not validate your assertion. We need shrewd business mind to get involve, though the fact that there may be some interest protecting the business in Nigeria.

VeeVeeMyLuv:

Because truth be told these guys are an excellent brand that people find difficult to resist!

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 01, 2020
LaReinaa:

You’re still hopping

It’s already happening.. everything is now luxury in this country.. when you enter a grocery store with 100k, you’ll come out with an almost empty basket as if you’ve been robbed cheesy

The worst thing is that the youths don’t actually care, they’re still busy watching BBN..
Things are completely getting outta hand!

It will never be well with people that voted in this wicked government both in 2015/2019 sad

It's terrible really..

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by Taiwojon(m): 8:25am On Sep 01, 2020
why sack worker?
what will they eat
well the only truth work, you can do without sacking, is to work for God.

preach the gospel to every creature
Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 01, 2020
They are not begging anybody to use their platform. If you can't afford Dstv, buy GoTv. If GoTv is beyond your financial capacity, buy a freaking StarTimes. Nigerians are so used to subsidies that they now demand it like it's their right.

Nigerians can't even pay NEPA bill, they can't pay for water if the government decides to provide it. Nigerians are so poor but instead of doing something about their poverty, they would rather destroy the businesses of hard-working individuals and organizations.

If you don't want your parents to be sacked, pay for DSTV, or keep your peace if DSTV can't pay your parents.

6 Likes

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by SocialJustice: 8:30am On Sep 01, 2020
Esseite:
I hope Nigeria wont go back to the days necessities looked like luxury.. when people went sightseeing in grocery shops and supermarkets..

We are almost there and you're still hoping it won't happen.
Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 01, 2020
Well well well

What do we have here?

Why's it that our government don't like establishing something good

Government can partner with individuals to produce something similar to dstv, with good quality and at good rate(even if e dey high but good quality) and d government will have percentage from there..

Government can partner with innoson and produce quality cars,buses etc in international standards and have shares or something and income coming in and also boosting Nigeria made... there are things that government can do with citizens, also establish the level of quality goods in nigeria....what's wrong in we having a digital companies running like dstv, multi choice no go dey do shakara.. having a standard shopping centre like shoprite ..... most Nigerians have ideas but once you ask them what you hear is capital,finance to run the business

Nigeria get enough sunlight in each state pass germany that uses solar yet we no dey get light...

I don't know what else to do or say

Each state can build solar energy, and light go dey for like at least 20hrs or only power the solar at night den nepa handles the rest during the day..

We just need right thinking leaders.... be like say I need to be in government, establish a law that says if u are found guilty of corruption, it's punishable by death,put an engineer in the field of engineerin, put those that are trained and learned in their respective post to serve..... drops pen and walks out angrily......

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 01, 2020
sunnyside16:
Why we cannot have people who would push these guys outta business and Nigeria still baffles me.
Look for capital then start your own company and then push them out. It's a free world bro.

2 Likes

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by sunnyside16(m): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2020
well said bro
MasterRahl:
Look for capital then start your own company and then push them out. It's a free world bro.

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by guchie4u(m): 8:47am On Sep 01, 2020
It is said that when someone has seen your unclothedness, no amount of cloth will fit you in his eyes. cool cheesy

Multichoice has finish settling all our oga's ontop na. So, nothing the Federal Government will say to change anything. In short na Multichoice get 9ija pass we Nigerians.

Let our Oga's ontop stop collecting their egunje and look for a way out of this monopolize situation abeg.

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2020
Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by Coldie(m): 8:57am On Sep 01, 2020
Federal government should stop meddling in the affairs of businesses.

U increase tax, but u don't want them to increase price neither do u want them to sack staff to reduce expenses...

Nigeria's business policy is very fvcked

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by nedekid: 8:58am On Sep 01, 2020
Esseite:
I hope Nigeria wont go back to the days necessities looked like luxury.. when people went sightseeing in grocery shops and supermarkets..

Its already like that, our purchasing power has been deminished.
Have you priced used tokumbo cars recently? Even big daddy Toyota camry ie 2003 model is now 2m plus!
A N2m suv I bought years ago for
10k usd (buying) =N1,500,000
1500 usd (shipping)=N225, 000
Clearing =. 350,000
Total=2,075, 000

Today, that same car, just buying now @$10k is already =N4, 700,000
Shipping=N700, 000
Clearing= N750, 000
Total=N6, 200,000!

Forget about brand new cars, few Nigerians can ever buy.
Groceries nko, why do you think Shoprite wants to pull out? Nigerians can only buy lower end items.
Have you noticed, most of the chocolate products are now Turkish and not the regular mars, sneekers, bounties we used to buy?

Meanwhile salaries and earning have not increased instead more taxes.

3 Likes

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by adecz: 9:00am On Sep 01, 2020
This incompetent govt doesn't
understand or foresee some of the
collateral effects of its continuous
devaluation of the Naira!!

sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by Duru009(m): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2020
It's really a pity, no single competition at all ....

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by dammiedot(m): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2020
How much is startimes sef?
Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by nedekid: 9:08am On Sep 01, 2020
emrain:
They are not begging anybody to use their platform. If you can't afford Dstv, buy GoTv. If GoTv is beyond your financial capacity, buy a freaking StarTimes. Nigerians are so used to subsidies that they now demand it like it's their right.

Nigerians can't even pay NEPA bill, they can't pay for water if the government decides to provide it. Nigerians are so poor but instead of doing something about their poverty, they would rather destroy the businesses of hard-working individuals and organizations.

If you don't want your parents to be sacked, pay for DSTV, or keep your peace if DSTV can't pay your parents.
You are right.
Dstv is a matter of choice. I even think then have been reasonable with their pricing considering the channels they provide are paid for in FX. If they actually want to charge as per inflation, compact bouquet which is N6900 should actually be N21k! To survive and provide quality content they have to increase a little and layoff some staff to keep the overheads low. Don't forget fgn recently increased VAT also.
If Nta were doing their work will we have any business with dstv?

3 Likes

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by Joeadamxx(m): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2020
I am not a mounth piece for Multichoice, neither am I a subscriber as I gave up my subscription 4 years ago however, Nigerians should realise that Multichoice is a business, an international business where the owners only purpose is to make and possibly maximise their profit. The Nigerian government and its people should stop vilifying the company when we have no alternative. No Nigerian company can survive our tax and economic pressures placed on Multichoice. First the imposition of 2.5% VAT as its name implied is supposed to be on the consumer, but the Senate came in the gap by refusing a legitimate business to collect from the consumers a tariff the government expects the business to pay on behalf of the consumers; does this even make sense.
Secondly, the dollar has lost 21% of its value! Please realise that most of Multichoice's content are foreign to be paid for in foreign currency from a naira revenue that has lost 21% and they are supposed to make a loss of that amount without passing it unto the consumers? Also, they wanted to reduce staff to be able to cope better and the same government says no?
Nigeria is a big and great market but we should pause and ponder why veritable businesses that thrives elsewhere are leaving our country with no one taking their place; Dunlop, Michelin, Mr. Price, Telkom, Shoprite etc.
Free market should be free or else, the Nigerian government could set up its own Digital TV station and give out its services for free!

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by IFNOTGOD(m): 9:25am On Sep 01, 2020
dokyOloye:
Always rejecting.
Businesses all over the world is about profit,only in zoogeria do you have organizations like NNPC making steady losses,yet being funded by govt.
How do you expect them to cope when Naira to a dollar is almost N500?
How do you want to regulate the pricing of a private company, has anybody regulated the prices of your brothers' cows?
DSTV is not an essential commodity like bread,at most,most ppl can subscribe for the cheap bouquet and watch their matches in viewing centers or hotels.

Stop saying NNPC is making loss
If the refineries in Nigeria where to b working there won't be any loss there.

Blame ur govt for their lies.

U go to the bush and kill bush meat n den sell it at 5k to the woman cooking n later u go there again to buy same bush meat in parts as nkwobi or asun, u buy d leg for 1k, with her selling d four legs n oda parts she has made profit.

U have d crude yet u don't refine it, u sell it abroad n den buy same crude as fuel, diesel, kerosene n jet fuel at international price.

Do u know how many products comes from crude oil, ur creams n hair products are from there.

So don't fucking compare NNPC with multi choice
D thing is if not for our greedy politicians we would have more companies like DStv which would have led to tight competition n den multi choice will have no option dan to follow customers dictate.

Do u see d competition among banks n telecoms companies, it was what brought d price down n if not for NCC d price of data will have far reduced dan we are consuming now.

Let there b competition, support startimes since it has a pact with NTA n watch DStv change tactics.

MTN n Airtel sold Sim for as high as 50k n comes were expensive but with d coming of more competition price of calls crashed, more fone companies came in n d rest is what u see today.
Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by LawLab247: 9:37am On Sep 01, 2020
kutashi:

Which unfavorable policies? Gokada issue is with LASG and Opay turn itself into wonder bank, you people rush their lower rate to attract customer only for you to run away from them when they need you grin but you're shouting unfavorable policies.
Are you favorable to your clients if I may ask? How much will it cost you to register a company and how much are you collecting? I know you will say its business or profit but you're not favorable with your prices!

You are missing the mark by a long stretch. For starters, we are a capitalist economy and whatever I charge my clients shouldn't be the government's business. I don't maintain a monopoly. If my clients feel my rates are unfavorable, they are welcome to try the next guy. It is that simple.

Yes, government policies screwed Opay, Max, Gokada et al over. Is the LASG not a government? What are you saying sir.

By the way, my rates for company registration and other services are far lesser than what Falana's firm would charge you. I can bet my left hairy ball on that one. Don't take my word for it, hit me up and put my claims to the test. grin

1 Like

Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by CodeTemplar: 9:45am On Sep 01, 2020
bolaayenimo:
See what lack of reading has turned your life Into?

See what lack of reasoning is bringing you. You need to reason more and read less.
Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by LawLab247: 10:15am On Sep 01, 2020
onnybee:
I tire. So easy for them to shout “Don’t sack,” but to create an enabling environment to do business, they’ll turn deaf and dumb.

It is a sad situation. They seem oblivious of what business owners go through.
Re: FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers by sterlingD(m): 10:25am On Sep 01, 2020
This government eh.l am short of words

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch / Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries / Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.