Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti (326 Views)

Why President Buhari, Governors Are Kicking Against Tinubu's Presidential Ambiti / Chima Anyaso Visits Ben Kalu, Reveals His Mission (Pictures) / 2019: The Real Reason Igbos ‘ll Massively Vote For Buhari – Orji Kalu Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by drinoayo: 10:28am On Sep 01, 2020
Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Abdulsalami, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambition

Senate Chief Whip Orji Kalu has disclosed the reasons for his private visit to Minna, the Niger State capital.

Igbere TV recall that the former Abia governor arrived in Minna around 2 pm on Monday alongside associates and aides to pay a visit to military ruler Abdulsalami Abubakar, Niger State Governor Abubakar Bello and Emir Etsu of Lapai.

Kalu who responded to questions from members of the press on national issues at the residence of General Abubakar explained to IGBERE TV that his visit to Ibrahim Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Sani Bello and Emir Umar Faruq were on a private ground, not as Chief Whip of the Senate.

Asked his opinion on the call from the Senate to sack the service chiefs and If his Visit was in connection to the call, Kalu said; “Well, I am just in Minna to see my two bosses. To first congratulate President Babangida on his health and also to welcome former President Abdulsalami on the success of the minor health operation he had recently.

“As regards the change of service chiefs, the issue will be addressed through a collective decision of all members of the Senate, I am not here today as the Chief Whip of the Senate. I am in Minna on a private visit as a private citizen but once I am informed about the decision taken by the Senate I would make it known to the public if necessary.

The Senators are 109 in number, and we have democracy deeply entrenched in the Senate where we all discuss and agree on issues collectively. The Senate has not taken a position so if I comment on it, I may be wrong.

Further speaking, he said, “the nation’s security has become a huge challenge which have affected everybody. The senate are already addressing the issue. The security challenge has defiled almost every solution, I am sure that Mr. President is very worried and angry with the current situation. Our President is a top class Army General (rtd) and a former military commander. I see a form of sabotage; but the issue of sabotage will be addressed.”

Asked if he has an ambition to contest for President, Kalu said he is only interested in returning to the Senate .

“For now I am Senator and principal officer of the National Assembly, and if given the opportunity I would like to return to the Senate but if I am also given the opportunity to serve the country I won’t refuse.

In his words; it’s an issue of party, the parties have every right to decide the zone which would produce the candidate to represent it in the polls.

The Chief Whip also dismissed the insinuation that there was crisis in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) as result of zoning.

“In APC we have no issue of zoning, anybody can contest for election, zoning does not exist in the party’s constitution. As long it is not a constitutional matter the Presidential bid remains an open basket which anybody can vie for,” he said.

https://igberetvnews.com/1363215/visited-ibb-abdulsalami-others-kalu/

Lalasticlala

Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by SmartProf(m): 10:28am On Sep 01, 2020
In Nigeria, best brains don't win Presidential elections, they only win best graduating students...that's why we are still a third world country.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by kessling: 10:29am On Sep 01, 2020
Sell out
Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by flyingpig: 10:48am On Sep 01, 2020
SmartProf:
In Nigeria, best brains don't win Presidential elections, they only win best graduating students...that's why we are still a third world country.
It's all fault of the North, give them chance to produce a President they elect a man with fried brain cells, whose hobby is watching cows on nat-geo wild. When it comes to the turn of the South to produce president, they(north) back the most unpopular and unproductive candidate from that region. And because majority will have their way while minority have their say, their backed candidate from the South emerges winner.

That was how they installed that idiot OBJ and left Falae of Yorubas choice. OBJ went on to abuse our institutions, remove Senate presidents undemocratically, kill civilians, borrow billions of dollars for phantom power deals, and attempt to include a third term clause in the constitution.

Now the drum is beating loud for a SE candidate. They left an Umahi or Moghalu or anyother technocrat to side a stooge Kalu they could control, and could propagate their ideas.

When people say the problem of Nigeria is the North I never doubt it. With their overbearing population they dictate the pulse of our democracy and they make this "democracy of numbers", unsuitable for our nation.

Never underestimate the power of large number of stupid people.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by Racoon(m): 10:52am On Sep 01, 2020
In civilised clime, this man should have long been done with @ the firing squard or in jail with hard labour but here he is being celebrated perhaps as the next "hero of democratic".What a nation.
Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by Ahmed0336(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2020
Let me laugh in Swahili gringringringrin

Make him no vex some people before dem go dust him file and send him back to kuje. grin
Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by Charmingrascal(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2020
Nothing like zoning in APC meaning no one is getting Presidency on a platter of gold.
Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by Racoon(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2020
flyingpig:
.............Now the drum is beating loud for a SE candidate in SE they left an Umahi or Moghalu or anyother technocrat to side a stooge Kalu they could control, and could propagate their ideas.

When people say the problem of Nigeria is the North I never doubt it. With their overbearing population they dictate the pulse of our democracy and they make this democracy of numbers unsuitable for our nation.Never underestimate the power of large number of stupid people.
You said it all sir.I doff my hat.
Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by ifytrik(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2020
Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by IamWonderful: 10:57am On Sep 01, 2020
if he like he should visit yaradua
Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by festacman(m): 11:09am On Sep 01, 2020
Are we cursed as country or what?
Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by helinues: 11:09am On Sep 01, 2020
In the land of blind men.... grin grin
Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 01, 2020
I wonder why no reporter was able to ask ORJI UZOR KALU sir you're you recently got release from prison over a looted fund even though the court has clear all the charges against you from high court to you appealing multiple times...should citizens of this niggeria be worried you're once a criminal as your eyeing running for president?

Let's test if he has a long fuse or short one
Re: Orji Kalu Reveals Reason For Visiting IBB, Others; Speaks On Presidential Ambiti by Pollosa1: 11:28am On Sep 01, 2020
cheesy Kalu 2023

(1) (Reply)

Top 7 Things To Know About Governor Diri’s Election Nullification / Why Anambra Should Receive The Lowest Allocation In Nigeria / Federal Government Ponders On Reopening Of Schools In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.