Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

How To Make Money Organizing Classes As A Freelance Tutor In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Make Money Organizing Classes As A Freelance Tutor In Nigeria (537 Views)

Diib Academy Is Organizing A Free Training On I.t(register Now) / Learn French & Pass TEF With An Online Tutor in Nigeria / Organizing Successful Study Groups In College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Organizing Classes As A Freelance Tutor In Nigeria by osiwii(m): 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
There are many young people in Nigeria who are idle and clueless about what to engage in this COVID-19 period. Many people tend to overlook the lucrative nature of freelance tutoring in Nigeria, and I’m here to show you exactly how to start making money teaching freelance courses online and on-location in Nigeria.

Many people are of the perception that for them to become freelance tutors in Nigeria to earn an extra bite of income, that they need to be knowledgeable about some crazy and arcane subject matters like advanced math or physics or further mathematics, subjects that they even hated when they were in school!

This doesn’t always have to be the case, as every single person possesses at least one marketable skill that is often overlooked. Could be anything from cooking, to language skills like Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa, or even something as simple as tying a Gele or a Tie, is a skill that someone somewhere actually needs and is willing to pay you some money for. There are also some hot in-demand skillsets for exam preparation courses like JAMB, WAEC and NECO that students and parents pay hundreds of thousands of Naira for to learn every year in order to pass their exams!

Now many of you will say things like, “oh, when last did I even do Math or English” and “I don’t even remember anything from secondary school so how can I even teach…”! If you’re an undergraduate at any tertiary institution for example (especially those studying engineering or sciences), you already possess some basic math skills (except you entered the school by mago mago or special center). But in truth, the average undergraduate, corps member or graduate in Nigeria possesses an often overlooked skill: the ability to teach basic primary and secondary school subject like Math, English, Physics and Geography.

There are hundreds of other strengths you possess (for example some people are very good at speaking in public, some are good at exercise and body building, while some are good at blogging, content creation or even dancing). These are all marketable skills that you can teach and earn a reasonable wage from doing so even in the wake of this pandemic. So why waste your time sitting at home and receiving insults from your parents because you always have to depend on them and ask them for even money to make your hair, when you can be making as much as N80,000 naira a month teaching skills?

The amazing thing is that these days, you don’t even have to go to a physical location to teach skills. There are many effective and convenient online methods to organize classes these days. People have been taking advantage of platforms like WhatsApp, Telegram, Google Meet and Zoom to organize group classes where they teach a variety of skills and make money daily. I will show you how to do that right now! Ready? Let’s go!

The Rise of On-Demand Tutoring Platforms

There are some good tutoring platforms that can connect you with students and parents who need your skills. Some examples in Nigeria are Tuteria and Prepclass. They work by contacting you whenever someone demands to learn your skill and they will ask you if you are available to take that person, either at the person’s location or at your own location of choice. After the tutorial is completed, they send you a percentage of what the student paid, which is about 75% (I think).
I’ve been a tutor on Tuteria for a few years and, although I like the platform, I didn’t really like the fact that they took such a huge chunk (almost 30%) off my earnings, and the fact that there are no options to customize the class however way I wanted.

The classes are mostly one-on-one classes and happen mostly at physical locations and I don’t think there’s a way for tutors to organize group classes or online classes using any medium of choice. Another thing I didn’t like is the fact that students and parents could not contact me through my public profile directly, and instead, had to rely on and wait for someone to book a class and Tuteria to select me from their list of tutors on their platform. It was frankly quite tiring as I only got requests like once in 3 months coupled with the fact that they take such a huge amount in commissions.

Discovery of [url]Classes.ng[/url]

This year, someone from my school introduced me to a platform called [url]Classes.ng[/url]. I found the platform to be way better than the other platforms because of the way the tutors there organize their classes. Like on this [url]Classes.ng[/url] platform, you can organize group classes of 2 or more (up to 500 I think), both online and in-person, and publish the classes to your profile. Students and parents from across the country can then register and make payments for the classes through the platform. I found the platform much easier and straightforward to use than the other ones I tried. It gave me the flexibility to design my classes the exact way I wanted, and to share unique URLs and links for my individual classes across my social media channels for other students to register for it.

Also their commissions were simply mind-blowing. They took an average of 10-12% off each registration, leaving me with a whopping 88-90% in earnings for each student whenever I organize a class. I also loved the feeling that I wasn’t being “selected” from a pool of other tutors unlike the other platforms. My profile (and classes) are publicly visible and searchable, and students can “want” my classes (which is an analogy for “like” on platforms like Twitter and IG), and they can drop comments and reviews which in turn influenced my position on the search results and led to more students and traffic for me on my profile. I’ve been enjoying [url]Classes.ng[/url] for a while now and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. Although the platform is quite new (from what I gathered), I signed up for [url]Classes.ng[/url] and used it for just one month before the pandemic and made about N80,000 teaching students Math, English and Physics on WhatsApp. This was just before the platform closed to students because of the pandemic.

How to Organize your Classes

You can organize your classes on the [url]Classes.ng[/url] platform using various means. You can organize physical classes, WhatsApp classes, Telegram classes, Google Meet classes, etc all from your personal dashboard. All depends on your choice and the style with which you want to organize your class. [url]Classes.ng[/url] will publicize your class and make it available for student registrations. When students pay, you are remitted your cut before the class begins.

You can check out my profile here -> https://classes.ng/profile/ejikeme. You can drop a “want” or a review, I will be grateful, although I’ve been largely inactive during this pandemic period due to the reduced demand on classes, I plan to resume activity fully when they relax these lockdown restrictions in favour of schools, so don’t be surprised if you don’t see any classes on my profile.

Take away from all this?

With determination and hardwork, you can start making money and achieve a stable stream of monthly income today as a Freelance Tutor on a platform like [url]Classes.ng[/url], instead of wasting away your time playing Bet9ja or doing risky businesses like Bitcoin trading, or waiting for mommy and daddy to give you money to buy airtime or barb your hair. I am a living testament, and I encourage you to create a profile on a tutoring platform like [url]Classes.ng[/url] today. We all have that skill that we often overlook, but that would be beneficial to someone out there.

Even if you’re a Bitcoin trader, you can still make more money in addition to your trading, teaching the Bitcoin trading skill to other people who have no idea what it means to learn Bitcoin trading. If you charge N1,000 for a one-week class you organize on WhatsApp, and 50 people pay for your class, that’s already N50k for your pocket!

Stop wasting your precious time and start making money today! cool My name is Victor Ejikeme and if you want more information and tips on how to make money as a freelance tutor in Nigeria, please drop me a message (ejikemeemeka1@gmail.com).

Bless up and thanks for reading! smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Money Organizing Classes As A Freelance Tutor In Nigeria by Sheriman(m): 7:52am On Sep 02, 2020
osiwii:
There are many young people in Nigeria who are idle and clueless about what to engage in this COVID-19 period. Many people tend to overlook the lucrative nature of freelance tutoring in Nigeria, and I’m here to show you exactly how to start making money teaching freelance courses online and on-location in Nigeria.

Many people are of the perception that for them to become freelance tutors in Nigeria to earn an extra bite of income, that they need to be knowledgeable about some crazy and arcane subject matters like advanced math or physics or further mathematics, subjects that they even hated when they were in school!

This doesn’t always have to be the case, as every single person possesses at least one marketable skill that is often overlooked. Could be anything from cooking, to language skills like Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa, or even something as simple as tying a Gele or a Tie, is a skill that someone somewhere actually needs and is willing to pay you some money for. There are also some hot in-demand skillsets for exam preparation courses like JAMB, WAEC and NECO that students and parents pay hundreds of thousands of Naira for to learn every year in order to pass their exams!

Now many of you will say things like, “oh, when last did I even do Math or English” and “I don’t even remember anything from secondary school so how can I even teach…”! If you’re an undergraduate at any tertiary institution for example (especially those studying engineering or sciences), you already possess some basic math skills (except you entered the school by mago mago or special center). But in truth, the average undergraduate, corps member or graduate in Nigeria possesses an often overlooked skill: the ability to teach basic primary and secondary school subject like Math, English, Physics and Geography.

There are hundreds of other strengths you possess (for example some people are very good at speaking in public, some are good at exercise and body building, while some are good at blogging, content creation or even dancing). These are all marketable skills that you can teach and earn a reasonable wage from doing so even in the wake of this pandemic. So why waste your time sitting at home and receiving insults from your parents because you always have to depend on them and ask them for even money to make your hair, when you can be making as much as N80,000 naira a month teaching skills?

The amazing thing is that these days, you don’t even have to go to a physical location to teach skills. There are many effective and convenient online methods to organize classes these days. People have been taking advantage of platforms like WhatsApp, Telegram, Google Meet and Zoom to organize group classes where they teach a variety of skills and make money daily. I will show you how to do that right now! Ready? Let’s go!

The Rise of On-Demand Tutoring Platforms

There are some good tutoring platforms that can connect you with students and parents who need your skills. Some examples in Nigeria are Tuteria and Prepclass. They work by contacting you whenever someone demands to learn your skill and they will ask you if you are available to take that person, either at the person’s location or at your own location of choice. After the tutorial is completed, they send you a percentage of what the student paid, which is about 75% (I think).
I’ve been a tutor on Tuteria for a few years and, although I like the platform, I didn’t really like the fact that they took such a huge chunk (almost 30%) off my earnings, and the fact that there are no options to customize the class however way I wanted.

The classes are mostly one-on-one classes and happen mostly at physical locations and I don’t think there’s a way for tutors to organize group classes or online classes using any medium of choice. Another thing I didn’t like is the fact that students and parents could not contact me through my public profile directly, and instead, had to rely on and wait for someone to book a class and Tuteria to select me from their list of tutors on their platform. It was frankly quite tiring as I only got requests like once in 3 months coupled with the fact that they take such a huge amount in commissions.

Discovery of [url]NTN.ng[/url]

This year, someone from my school introduced me to a platform called [url]NTN.ng[/url] (which means Nationwide Training Network). I found the platform to be way better than the other platforms because of the way the tutors there organize their classes. Like on this [url]NTN.ng[/url] platform, you can organize group classes of 2 or more (up to 500 I think), both online and in-person, and publish the classes to your profile. Students and parents from across the country can then register and make payments for the classes through the platform. I found the platform much easier and straightforward to use than the other ones I tried. It gave me the flexibility to design my classes the exact way I wanted, and to share unique URLs and links for my individual classes across my social media channels for other students to register for it.

Also their commissions were simply mind-blowing. They took an average of 10-12% off each registration, leaving me with a whopping 88-90% in earnings for each student whenever I organize a class. I also loved the feeling that I wasn’t being “selected” from a pool of other tutors unlike the other platforms. My profile (and classes) are publicly visible and searchable, and students can “want” my classes (which is an analogy for “like” on platforms like Twitter and IG), and they can drop comments and reviews which in turn influenced my position on the search results and led to more students and traffic for me on my profile. I’ve been enjoying [url]NTN.ng[/url] for a while now and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. Although the platform is quite new (from what I gathered), I signed up for [url]NTN.ng[/url] and used it for just one month before the pandemic and made about N80,000 teaching students Math, English and Physics on WhatsApp. This was just before the platform closed to students because of the pandemic.

How to Organize your Classes

You can organize your classes on the [url]NTN.ng[/url] platform using various means. You can organize physical classes, WhatsApp classes, Telegram classes, Google Meet classes, etc all from your personal dashboard. All depends on your choice and the style with which you want to organize your class. NTN.ng will publicize your class and make it available for student registrations. When students pay, you are remitted your cut before the class begins.

You can check out my profile here -> https://ntn.ng/profile/ejikeme. You can drop a “want” or a review, I will be grateful, although I’ve been largely inactive during this pandemic period due to the reduced demand on classes, I plan to resume activity fully when they relax these lockdown restrictions in favour of schools, so don’t be surprised if you don’t see any classes on my profile.

Take away from all this?

With determination and hardwork, you can start making money and achieve a stable stream of monthly income today as a Freelance Tutor on a platform like NTN.ng, instead of wasting away your time playing Bet9ja or doing risky businesses like Bitcoin trading, or waiting for mommy and daddy to give you money to buy airtime or barb your hair. I am a living testament, and I encourage you to create a profile on a tutoring platform like NTN.ng today. We all have that skill that we often overlook, but that would be beneficial to someone out there.

Even if you’re a Bitcoin trader, you can still make more money in addition to your trading, teaching the Bitcoin trading skill to other people who have no idea what it means to learn Bitcoin trading. If you charge N1,000 for a one-week class you organize on WhatsApp, and 50 people pay for your class, that’s already N50k for your pocket!

Stop wasting your precious time and start making money today! cool My name is Victor Ejikeme and if you want more information and tips on how to make money as a freelance tutor in Nigeria, please drop me a message (ejikemeemeka1@gmail.com).

Bless up and thanks for reading! smiley
First time a guy put this up without asking of buying Eeeeeeebook

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Money Organizing Classes As A Freelance Tutor In Nigeria by osiwii(m): 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2020
Thanks. Share to your friends and seriously consider creating a profile on [url]Classes.ng[/url]. It is free, to create one, send them an email (info@classes.ng). Share my tutor profile too (https://classes.ng/profile/ejikeme) to anyone who needs tutoring classes. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Osun September 21 Resumption: Only OSCOHEALTH Ilesa To Resume / Gender Studies Is Not Science But Politics / ASUU Finall Call Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.